God is Plural

where is a simple verse supporting your idea that God cannot empty Himself to become a man?

or as you are stating it if Jesus emptied himself He gives up being God
Just the opposite He remained completely , fully God lacking nothing in His Deity. Whatever can be said of the Father can be said of the Son. But you do not believe this about Jesus do you ?

C. However, the Bible never says that God is “one person.”
@Wrangler also, and @synergy. Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."
me here is a SINGLE PERSON Desigination.

Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."
here again "me", and "I" are single person Designations. and the ONE PERSON GOD said he know not any other "God"

Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:"

now question, if the "LORD", all caps is the ONE God, how is the "Lord" in Psalms 110:5 the God of Israel also, "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath." and Lord here is
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

so how can the "LORD" and the "Lord" be Yahweh God of Israel. when the LORD clearly said there is no one else beside him.

101G.

Just the opposite He remained completely , fully God lacking nothing in His Deity. Whatever can be said of the Father can be said of the Son. But you do not believe this about Jesus do you ?
Based on the specific word used and the specific context, What did God empty Himsel of,

So far your answer is nothing, God emptied Himself of nothing
Because then He would not be God.

Last edited:
Rights/ privileges. I’ve said it ad naseaum
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
being is a present tense word. and "being" in the "Form of God is God NATURE. so the NATURE is the same. what did God do as the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh, to be G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō')? his powers or his authority.

101G.

God can decide not to forgive someone or decide to forgive someone that’s Gods prerogative. He can give or withhold mercy.

And are not his prerogatives his attribute?

So if he "gives them up," he gives up an attribute.

Logically.

The unchanged Jesus: the great "sacrifice" that sacrifices NOTHING.

The wonderful "Non sacrifice" of Christ.

He gave up so much for us.

Oh, and what he gave up is LITERALLY NOTHING.

He became a man.

But he didn't literally BECOME a man.

He gave up his glory and left heaven!

But he didn't really GIVE UP his glory and LEAVE heaven!

He laid his life down!

But he didn't actually LAY anything DOWN, no CHANGE or LIMIT!

This kind of doublespeak and cognitive dissonance could rival any devout Calvinist with their free but NOT free will.

This we must avoid at all costs.

It troubles me that you believe He emptied His deity and was only a man.
Brother this is serious on your part, for years I have told you that He emptied Himself and was still God. You know what I believe, why do you misrepresent me? Never once did I say emptied His deity. I said He retained it
If you did not know I believe this way then it might be understandable, but i have have told you 25 times. God emptied Himself and was still God
Do you do this because you have no argument? It is offensvie and anti Christian what you are doing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom