Ephesians 4:5 - The One Baptism of The Sevenfold Unity of The Spirit.

Complete

'Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit
in the bond of peace.
There is:-
one body, and
.. one Spirit, even as ye are called in
.... one hope of your calling;
...... One Lord,
........ one faith,
.......... one
baptism,
........... One God and Father of all,
............ Who is above all,
............ and through all,
............ and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace
according to the measure of the gift of Christ. '

Eph 4:3-7

Hello there,

During the gospel period the Baptism of John was in operation, but in Luke 3:16 John said:-

' ... I indeed baptize you with water;
but one mightier than I cometh,
the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose:
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:'

(Luke 3:16b)

... Indicating that another baptism would be introduced, which was, 'baptism with the Holy Ghost'. The reason John baptised with water he explains in 1 John 1:29-31:-

'The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him,
and saith, Behold the Lamb of God,
which taketh away the sin of the world.
This is He of Whom I said,
After me cometh A Man
which is preferred before me: for He was before me.
And I knew Him not:

but that He should be made manifest to Israel,
therefore am I come baptizing with water.'

... He baptised with one purpose, to make manifest,' The Lamb of God', to Israel.

* During the
period covered by the book of, 'The Acts of The Apostles', recorded also in the epistles written during that period, 'water baptism' and, 'baptism of the Spirit,' were both the experience of those who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet after that period, and the revelation of God given to Paul, and made known by Him in the prison epistles of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Tiimothy, Titus and Philemon, concerning, The Church which is the Body of Christ: water baptism is not spoken of, and in,'The Unity of The Spirit', that believers are urged to 'keep' in Ephesians 4:3-7, (quoted above). there is just 'one baptism' that is to be kept, which must be referring to the one that supercedes the Baptism of John surely. The Baptism of the Spirit.

* So why is baptism in water still being practiced?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
in the bond of peace.
one body, and
...... One Lord,
........ one faith,
.......... one
baptism,

Hello there,

During the gospel period the Baptism of John was in operation, but in Luke 3:16 John said:-

... Indicating that another baptism would be introduced, which was, 'baptism with the Holy Ghost'. The reason John baptised with water he explains in 1 John 1:29-31:-

After me cometh A Man
And I knew Him not:

... He baptised with one purpose, to make manifest,' The Lamb of God', to Israel.

* During the
period covered by the book of, 'The Acts of The Apostles', recorded also in the epistles written during that period, 'water baptism' and, 'baptism of the Spirit,' were both the experience of those who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet after that period, and the revelation of God given to Paul, and made known by Him in the prison epistles of Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Tiimothy, Titus and Philemon, concerning, The Church which is the Body of Christ: water baptism is not spoken of, and in,'The Unity of The Spirit', that believers are urged to 'keep' in Ephesians 4:3-7, (quoted above). there is just 'one baptism' that is to be kept, which must be referring to the one that supercedes the Baptism of John surely. The Baptism of the Spirit.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
1 Pet 3:20-21 (written in AD64-65, after all of Paul's letters except 2 Timothy) tells us that the Flood was a foreshadowing of the baptism that brings salvation to us today (from the first century forward to the end of the world).
1723044154061.png
John 3:5 tells us that to enter into the Kingdom of God, we must be reborn both of water and of the Spirit.
Matt 28:19 tells us that the teacher of the Gospel is the one who must do the baptizing (not the Holy Spirit), and Mark 16:16 (recounting the same event as Matt 28:19) tells us that those who believe the Gospel AND are baptized will be saved.
Acts 2:38 tells us that many of the men of Israel believed the Gospel and asked, "What shall we do?" Peter told them to repent, and to be baptized (both of these are something they had to do) in order to receive forgiveness of their sins.

We still baptize in water today because the Scriptures demand it, because Jesus commanded His Apostles to teach everything they had learned to those they taught (which includes teaching everything that student had learned to their own students, etc. etc.), and because Scripture says that water baptism is the point in time at which the Holy Spirit moves into our hearts, cuts our sin from us, resurrects us with Jesus, and we become a new, saved creation.

In the death of Christ, we have another "uniqueness" of Christianity. Here God has done for man what man cannot do for himself. God provided a way by which man, who is sinful and corrupt, can be forgiven, cleansed, and brought into vital and intimate relationship with his Maker - NOT on the basis of something man must do (like baptism or confession), but on the basis of what God Himself, in His Son, has done. Only in Christianity is salvation a free gift, offered not because (he was baptized and made a confession) man deserves it but because of the goodness of God.
There is nothing we must do or can do to benefit from the gospel (like baptism or confession), except simply to receive it as a free gift and so experience eternal life.
On the cross, Jesus said, "It is finished." So we speak of the finished work of Christ, believing that our Lord has already done everything necessary for our salvation.
Paul was so adamant in maintaining that the church add nothing (like baptism or confession) to simple trust as a requirement for salvation, and add nothing afterward by way of legal regulation to MAINTAIN salvation. The gospel is NOT Christ "plus" something (like baptism or confession), as good as something may be, but Christ ALONE in His atoning death for us.

Paul E. Little "Know What You Believe" 1973

Jesus commanded baptism in water for new disciples during His ministry, John 4:1,and also just before He ascended, not to get saved, but after one is saved.

4 There is one body,
and one Spirit,
even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord,
one faith,
one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph 4:3–6.

One body = One God and Father of us all.
One Spirit = one baptism.
One hope (of your calling) = one faith.
One Lord at the center of it all.

@Doug Brents
@dwight92070
@jeremiah1five
@mailmandan
@civic

Thank you for contributing.

The question of baptism has been the cause of division among believers throughout the generations hasn't it? Caused by failing to take into consideration the changes that took place within the New Testament Biblical record. John the baptist baptised with water with the promise of baptism of the Spirit, to come (Matt. 3:11) Then during the approx. 40 years of the Acts period there were two baptisms in operation: by water and Spirit. After Acts 28:28 and the failure of the nation of Israel to come to repentance (Acts 3:19-21): the baptism that God honours is Spirit baptism: The, 'One Baptism,' of Eph. 4, which is part of, 'The Unity of The Spirit', which we are exhorted to keep (Eph. 4:1-3). Having been identified with Christ, in His death, burial, quickening and resurrection the moment we believed: and were sealed by the Holy Spirit, in Christ Jesus our risen and glorified Saviour Lord and Head.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

It seems that either a mistake has been made or you've embraced the Constantinian Gentile theology that's been prevalent for the past 1900 years. This theology seeks to minimize, or even deny, Israel's role between her and her God by claiming that Gentiles have replaced Israel in God's plan for salvation and covenantal intimacy. This view is faithfully propagated by Gentiles aiming to undermine the eternal covenant salvation protection and blessings given to Israel by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. These subversive efforts typically involve speaking ill of Israel and diminishing Israel's significance in their own covenants with God and at the same time enlarging Gentile inclusion into the three Hebrew covenants with God and showcasing Gentile lobbying through the centuries in maintaining the same. Since the defeat of Israel by the Romans and the destruction of the Jewish Temple, Gentiles have sought to highlight Gentile benevolence, centralizing and appropriating what rightfully belongs to Israel as their own. In short, Israel failed God, lost what belong to her, and now Gentiles are in charge and doing for God what Israel should have done from the beginning and all this time in their responsibilities towards God. Personally, I think you've long embraced Constantinian Gentile theology against Israel and for Gentiles.

You said, "After Acts 28:28 and the failure of the nation of Israel to come to repentance (Acts 3:19-21)" I think shows what I said is true, that Gentiles believe and teach Israel did not repent and failed God and now Gentiles have taken over and doing what Israel should have done to evangelize the world and further the cause of Christ to a people never in covenant with God to begin with and yet still on God's salvation radar for His love and eternal life. Israel did not fail God. For the four decades after Messiah's ascension the true Christians of the bible were successful in accepting Jesus as their Messiah and taking His good news message to the same and exact people to whom it was meant, and it was meant to and for the Jews. Not only did Jesus fulfill the Mosaic Covenant by becoming for God the sacrifice that would atone for the sins of God's covenant people, but also through that sacrifice initiate a New Covenant that began on Passover and continue through the Feast of Harvest with the Advent of the Holy Spirit of Promise resulting in thousands upon thousands of Jews coming to their Savior and Kinsman-Redeemer and King through being born again and living as God instructed and commanded. Not only did Israel come to know their Lord and become obedient and observant of their Mosaic Laws but were remarkably successful in reaching those Jews that never heard Messiah had come and lived in Gentile lands and beyond ignorant of that fact. The good news of Messiah's coming to His people and what He did for them while He was here was in time sent exactly where Jesus directed it to go which was [back] to Jerusalem, Judaea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth.

Gentiles have long taught themselves that the New Covenant writings from Matthew to Revelation, although written by Jewish Christians to and for unsaved Jews and Jewish Christians about Jesus and the New Covenant era they found themselves in were actually written to and for Gentiles in order to save more and more Gentiles while excluding Israel and her people and using disproportionately the fact that Messiah's crucifixion may have taken place outside of Jerusalem in the presence and of the seemingly widespread approval of the Jews, and for that God's judgment is coming to them for that death and every mention of Gentiles in those writings proves conclusively that the Jewish Messiah is lost to Israel and now possessed by Gentiles, and right before Jesus' return Gentiles will be taken out of the world through a rapture to escape God's judgment taught to come upon the world.
But what if Gentile theology is wrong? I for one know that it is. I used to be caught up and taught up in that same Constantinian Gentile theology that many here at this Gentile discussion forum espouse.

Did Israel fail to come to repentance as a nation? And because of that failure did they lose their covenants to Gentiles as well as their covenant Messiah and King? When did God become a liar and fail to keep His covenant promises to Abraham and his seed and transfer everything God gave to his descendants through inheritance to Gentiles? How and when did this ethnic salvation shift take place? And if this transfer is valid why does the New Covenant era end with Revelations given to John center on Israel and her people and Messiah's return to the same spot on earth from which He left the world? If everything was transferred to Gentiles, why does the Messiah come back to Israel and not some important Gentile city or metropolitan capital? If Israel was replaced by Gentiles, why does human history end with Israel and the Jews?
What does the Gentile world do once Israel rebuilds a third Temple and begins to fulfill the rest of Daniel's prophecies and animal sacrifices are again offered to God in accordance with Mosaic covenant law and traditions? Personally, I don't think Gentiles will like that. I think they will gather their armies together and with hands-on applications march upon Israel in attempt to try to stop them. When that happens, then Zechariah's prophecies will begin to be fulfilled as well as every prophecy still left to be fulfilled by Israel's prophets will become realized and then the world will know the truth of the matter. The world will know once and for all whether the failure of the nation of Israel to come to repentance in the past is true.

It seems that either a mistake has been made or you've embraced the Constantinian Gentile theology that's been prevalent for the past 1900 years. This theology seeks to minimize, or even deny, Israel's role between her and her God by claiming that Gentiles have replaced Israel in God's plan for salvation and covenantal intimacy. This view is faithfully propagated by Gentiles aiming to undermine the eternal covenant salvation protection and blessings given to Israel by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. These subversive efforts typically involve speaking ill of Israel and diminishing Israel's significance in their own covenants with God and at the same time enlarging Gentile inclusion into the three Hebrew covenants with God and showcasing Gentile lobbying through the centuries in maintaining the same. Since the defeat of Israel by the Romans and the destruction of the Jewish Temple, Gentiles have sought to highlight Gentile benevolence, centralizing and appropriating what rightfully belongs to Israel as their own. In short, Israel failed God, lost what belong to her, and now Gentiles are in charge and doing for God what Israel should have done from the beginning and all this time in their responsibilities towards God. Personally, I think you've long embraced Constantinian Gentile theology against Israel and for Gentiles.

You said, "After Acts 28:28 and the failure of the nation of Israel to come to repentance (Acts 3:19-21)" I think shows what I said is true, that Gentiles believe and teach Israel did not repent and failed God and now Gentiles have taken over and doing what Israel should have done to evangelize the world and further the cause of Christ to a people never in covenant with God to begin with and yet still on God's salvation radar for His love and eternal life. Israel did not fail God. For the four decades after Messiah's ascension the true Christians of the bible were successful in accepting Jesus as their Messiah and taking His good news message to the same and exact people to whom it was meant, and it was meant to and for the Jews. Not only did Jesus fulfill the Mosaic Covenant by becoming for God the sacrifice that would atone for the sins of God's covenant people, but also through that sacrifice initiate a New Covenant that began on Passover and continue through the Feast of Harvest with the Advent of the Holy Spirit of Promise resulting in thousands upon thousands of Jews coming to their Savior and Kinsman-Redeemer and King through being born again and living as God instructed and commanded. Not only did Israel come to know their Lord and become obedient and observant of their Mosaic Laws but were remarkably successful in reaching those Jews that never heard Messiah had come and lived in Gentile lands and beyond ignorant of that fact. The good news of Messiah's coming to His people and what He did for them while He was here was in time sent exactly where Jesus directed it to go which was [back] to Jerusalem, Judaea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth.

Gentiles have long taught themselves that the New Covenant writings from Matthew to Revelation, although written by Jewish Christians to and for unsaved Jews and Jewish Christians about Jesus and the New Covenant era they found themselves in were actually written to and for Gentiles in order to save more and more Gentiles while excluding Israel and her people and using disproportionately the fact that Messiah's crucifixion may have taken place outside of Jerusalem in the presence and of the seemingly widespread approval of the Jews, and for that God's judgment is coming to them for that death and every mention of Gentiles in those writings proves conclusively that the Jewish Messiah is lost to Israel and now possessed by Gentiles, and right before Jesus' return Gentiles will be taken out of the world through a rapture to escape God's judgment taught to come upon the world.
But what if Gentile theology is wrong? I for one know that it is. I used to be caught up and taught up in that same Constantinian Gentile theology that many here at this Gentile discussion forum espouse.

Did Israel fail to come to repentance as a nation? And because of that failure did they lose their covenants to Gentiles as well as their covenant Messiah and King? When did God become a liar and fail to keep His covenant promises to Abraham and his seed and transfer everything God gave to his descendants through inheritance to Gentiles? How and when did this ethnic salvation shift take place? And if this transfer is valid why does the New Covenant era end with Revelations given to John center on Israel and her people and Messiah's return to the same spot on earth from which He left the world? If everything was transferred to Gentiles, why does the Messiah come back to Israel and not some important Gentile city or metropolitan capital? If Israel was replaced by Gentiles, why does human history end with Israel and the Jews?
What does the Gentile world do once Israel rebuilds a third Temple and begins to fulfill the rest of Daniel's prophecies and animal sacrifices are again offered to God in accordance with Mosaic covenant law and traditions? Personally, I don't think Gentiles will like that. I think they will gather their armies together and with hands-on applications march upon Israel in attempt to try to stop them. When that happens, then Zechariah's prophecies will begin to be fulfilled as well as every prophecy still left to be fulfilled by Israel's prophets will become realized and then the world will know the truth of the matter. The world will know once and for all whether the failure of the nation of Israel to come to repentance in the past is true.
Hello @jeremiah1five,

We have a wondrous, almighty, gracious and faithful God and Father. The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. The promises He made to Israel will be fulfilled: and the promise that He has made to those of all nations who have placed their trust in His Beloved Son will be honoured too; there is no conflict here. All is love. All is grace and truth in Christ Jesus our Beloved Lord and Saviour, now risen and glorified and sat at God's right hand.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
1 Pet 3:20-21 (written in AD64-65, after all of Paul's letters except 2 Timothy) tells us that the Flood was a foreshadowing of the baptism that brings salvation to us today (from the first century forward to the end of the world).
View attachment 778
John 3:5 tells us that to enter into the Kingdom of God, we must be reborn both of water and of the Spirit.
Matt 28:19 tells us that the teacher of the Gospel is the one who must do the baptizing (not the Holy Spirit), and Mark 16:16 (recounting the same event as Matt 28:19) tells us that those who believe the Gospel AND are baptized will be saved.
Acts 2:38 tells us that many of the men of Israel believed the Gospel and asked, "What shall we do?" Peter told them to repent, and to be baptized (both of these are something they had to do) in order to receive forgiveness of their sins.

We still baptize in water today because the Scriptures demand it, because Jesus commanded His Apostles to teach everything they had learned to those they taught (which includes teaching everything that student had learned to their own students, etc. etc.), and because Scripture says that water baptism is the point in time at which the Holy Spirit moves into our hearts, cuts our sin from us, resurrects us with Jesus, and we become a new, saved creation.

water baptism is the point in time at which the Holy Spirit moves into our hearts, cuts our sin from us, resurrects us with Jesus, and we become a new, saved creation.
water baptism is the point in time at which the Holy Spirit moves into our hearts, cuts our sin from us, resurrects us with Jesus, and we become a new, saved creation.

Water cannot wash away sin.
Water baptism cannot save anyone from their sins.

ALL Scripture directs us to faith in the Blood Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.

Water baptism is an outward sign that a person has crossed from death to life in MESSIAH.

The outward sign of water baptism is DIRECTED by the inward move of the Spirit of God = "hearing the Word and Believing the Word"

1 Peter 1:23
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

It's quite easy to figure out what the "one baptism" is in Ephesians 4:5 for it is the same thing as being "sealed with the Holy Spirit" that Paul earlier spoke of in Ephesians 1:13 and later on in Ephesians 4:30. This baptism/sealing with the Holy Spirit takes place at the moment of conversion.

Ephesians 1:13
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

Acts 15:7-8
(7) After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe.
(8) And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us.

This "giving" of the Holy Spirit took place when the Gentiles were "baptized with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 11:16).

Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
Amen. This is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit, nor is it water baptism. It is the Holy Spirit baptizing us into the body of Christ, which is synonymous with being born again or born of the Spirit - John 3

Hello @jeremiah1five,

We have a wondrous, almighty, gracious and faithful God and Father. The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. The promises He made to Israel will be fulfilled:
Correct.
and the promise that He has made to those of all nations who have placed their trust in His Beloved Son will be honoured too;
Scripture cannot be broken, Jesus said.
The Mosaic Covenant God made with the children of Israel required the sacrifice of animals yearly to atone for the sins of the children of Israel. Scripture cannot be broken. To believe that Christ died to "those of all nations" is incorrect because if the Mosaic Law required a sacrifice for the children of Israel, God sending His Son under the Law and Christ fulfilling that Law means He died for the children of Israel just as commanded under the Law, so any belief that Jesus died to atone for the sins [of] "those of all nations" breaks Scripture. But if you want to believe Gentile teaching instead of Scripture Authored by the Holy Spirit of God then you go ahead.

there is no conflict here.
No, there is, and I just showed that 'conflict' against the truth of Scripture above.
Now, if you can show me in the Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets the high priest travelling to Gentile nations and offering sacrifices for their sins, then that would be bible and the truth of God. But you know as well as I do there's nothing in the Hebrew Scripture of that ever happening. And if it's never happened in the bible then any claims without biblical support is lies and adding to the bible things not there.

This is why Saul said to Jewish Christians in the Galatian region:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

True born of God Christians are instructed and commanded to receive and accept what's written in the bible and to not add to God's Words. God gave warning to those that do such things like that:

6 Add thou not unto his words,
Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Proverbs 30:6.

and

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:15–17.

Maintaining false doctrine prevents the Holy Spirit of growing a believer to be "perfect [and] thoroughly furnished unto all good works." Believers who profess Christ and refuse His Word end up in time with a defiled conscience in which the heart hardens to the Holy Spirit and the person professing Christ has their growth stunted and they become unprofitable. That, by the way is the slave whose name was Onesimus which means "unprofitable." But sadly, you're not the only one that refuse God's truth.
All is love. All is grace and truth in Christ Jesus our Beloved Lord and Saviour, now risen and glorified and sat at God's right hand.
Biblical love is the love God has for His covenant people the children of Israel.

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Deut 7:5–9.

The LORD declares His love for the children of Israel. I find no such declarations of love from God to Gentiles in the bible. None at all. I urge you to receive God's Word and refuse to believe things not in the bible.
With love in Christ Jesus
Chris
What love? If you loved God, you would love His Word and accept it to teach you all you need to know about this so-great salvation which God's prophets spoke to the children of Israel. I shared with you the false teachings of the Constantinian Gentile theology that's been taught for 1900 years. I pray the LORD open your eyes to His written Word.

in the bond of peace.
one body, and
...... One Lord,
........ one faith,
.......... one
baptism,

Hello there,

After me cometh A Man
And I knew Him not:

* During the

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Baptism with water

Matthew 28:19 (NASB 2020) — 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Correct.

The Mosaic Covenant God made with the children of Israel required the sacrifice of animals yearly to atone for the sins of the children of Israel. Scripture cannot be broken. To believe that Christ died to "those of all nations" is incorrect because if the Mosaic Law required a sacrifice for the children of Israel, God sending His Son under the Law and Christ fulfilling that Law means He died for the children of Israel just as commanded under the Law, so any belief that Jesus died to atone for the sins [of] "those of all nations" breaks Scripture. But if you want to believe Gentile teaching instead of Scripture Authored by the Holy Spirit of God then you go ahead.

No, there is, and I just showed that 'conflict' against the truth of Scripture above.
Now, if you can show me in the Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets the high priest travelling to Gentile nations and offering sacrifices for their sins, then that would be bible and the truth of God. But you know as well as I do there's nothing in the Hebrew Scripture of that ever happening. And if it's never happened in the bible then any claims without biblical support is lies and adding to the bible things not there.

This is why Saul said to Jewish Christians in the Galatian region:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

True born of God Christians are instructed and commanded to receive and accept what's written in the bible and to not add to God's Words. God gave warning to those that do such things like that:

6 Add thou not unto his words,
Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Proverbs 30:6.

and

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:15–17.

Maintaining false doctrine prevents the Holy Spirit of growing a believer to be "perfect [and] thoroughly furnished unto all good works." Believers who profess Christ and refuse His Word end up in time with a defiled conscience in which the heart hardens to the Holy Spirit and the person professing Christ has their growth stunted and they become unprofitable. That, by the way is the slave whose name was Onesimus which means "unprofitable." But sadly, you're not the only one that refuse God's truth.

Biblical love is the love God has for His covenant people the children of Israel.

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Deut 7:5–9.

The LORD declares His love for the children of Israel. I find no such declarations of love from God to Gentiles in the bible. None at all. I urge you to receive God's Word and refuse to believe things not in the bible.

What love? If you loved God, you would love His Word and accept it to teach you all you need to know about this so-great salvation which God's prophets spoke to the children of Israel. I shared with you the false teachings of the Constantinian Gentile theology that's been taught for 1900 years. I pray the LORD open your eyes to His written Word.

HELLO @jeremiah1five,

You are RIGHT = the Scriptures cannot be broken!!!

Why then do you attempt to argue against them with carnal flawed logic?

Because your heart needs fixing from Above.

Water cannot wash away sin.
Water baptism cannot save anyone from their sins.

ALL Scripture directs us to faith in the Blood Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.

Water baptism is an outward sign that a person has crossed from death to life in MESSIAH.

The outward sign of water baptism is DIRECTED by the inward move of the Spirit of God = "hearing the Word and Believing the Word"
I see. So it really doesn't matter to you what the Word of God says, it only matters to you what you believe? And then what you believe colors what you read, so that you come away vindicated in what you believe?

Scripture does not say anything about water baptism being an "outward sign" of anything. It says that IN BAPTISM we die to sin (Rom 6:1-7), IN BAPTISM our sin is cut from us (Col 2:11-14), IN BAPTISM we are united to Jesus' resurrection and so resurrected like Him to new life (both of the above passages), IN BAPTISM we are saved (1 Pet 3:21). No, the water has no power to remove sin, just as the water of Jordan had no power to cure the leprosy of Naaman, or marching around the city had the power to knock down the walls of Jericho. But the water is no less essential, because God commanded that IN BAPTISM is where we connect with the Holy Spirit to receive salvation through the power of the blood of Christ.
1 Peter 1:23
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
Great passage, but it does not tell us when or through what we are born again (but John 3:5 does: through WATER and the Spirit).

I see. So it really doesn't matter to you what the Word of God says, it only matters to you what you believe? And then what you believe colors what you read, so that you come away vindicated in what you believe?

Scripture does not say anything about water baptism being an "outward sign" of anything. It says that IN BAPTISM we die to sin (Rom 6:1-7), IN BAPTISM our sin is cut from us (Col 2:11-14), IN BAPTISM we are united to Jesus' resurrection and so resurrected like Him to new life (both of the above passages), IN BAPTISM we are saved (1 Pet 3:21). No, the water has no power to remove sin, just as the water of Jordan had no power to cure the leprosy of Naaman, or marching around the city had the power to knock down the walls of Jericho. But the water is no less essential, because God commanded that IN BAPTISM is where we connect with the Holy Spirit to receive salvation through the power of the blood of Christ.

Great passage, but it does not tell us when or through what we are born again (but John 3:5 does: through WATER and the Spirit).

What came FIRST the chicken or the egg?

Back
Top Bottom