Dressing Up

The Rogue Tomato

In another forum, a member said he wears a suit and tie to church out of respect for God.

I noticed that, because John Fetterman wears a hoodie and shorts, the Senate changed its dress standards to allow it.

Was dressing up a reasonable requirement for the Senate to show respect for the institution? Is dressing up for church a reasonable way to show respect to God?

God looks at her heart.

When Jesus calls the Pharisees whitewashed tombs.

Matthew 23:27 ESV

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness.

As far as politicians go, It can be the same they can look good on the outside and still be corrupt. That's why draining the swamp was met with such opposition.

In another forum, a member said he wears a suit and tie to church out of respect for God.

I noticed that, because John Fetterman wears a hoodie and shorts, the Senate changed its dress standards to allow it.

Was dressing up a reasonable requirement for the Senate to show respect for the institution? Is dressing up for church a reasonable way to show respect to God?
When I was a young believer in the 80's we wore our "Sundays" best to church. We dressed up.

Many years ago I attended services where the women all wore head coverings. They also didn't have a head pastor, but had elders taking turns teaching.
Yes I was in a Plymouth brethren church for a few years. No make up, high heals, pants for women and no flesh showing.

Back
Top Bottom