Life In Flesh & Blood

Olde Tymer

John 6:53 . . Truly, Truly, I say to you: unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man
and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

The kind of life about which Jesus spoke is not of this world, i.e. it's supernatural.

John 6:54 . . He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life

Eternal life is far and away superior to human life. It never gets old, it never wears
out, it never wears off, nor does it ever need replenishing because it can't be used
up with any more ease than God can be used up.

1John 1:2-3 . .The life was manifested, and we have seen and bear witness and
proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to
us

Ergo: it's only necessary to obtain eternal life one time and one time only because
it's perpetual, viz: eternal life always was, it always is, and it always shall be.

Now; note the grammatical tense of John 6:54; it's present tense rather than
future; indicating that when people correctly dine upon Jesus flesh, and correctly
imbibe his blood, they obtain eternal life immediately: no delay and no waiting
period.

NOTE: Eternal life and Immortality are not synonymous, viz: they are not two ways
to say the same thing. The two are juxtaposed in 2Tim 1:10; where the terms are
connected with a conjunction. They aren't connected with a verb, so that you can't
say eternal life is immortality; no, eternal life and immortality are two distinctly
different subjects.

For example: Jesus had eternal life when he was here (John 5:26) but he didn't
obtain immortality till after his resurrection. (Rom 6:9, Rev 1:18)

And according to John 6:54, the apostles had eternal life too; but it didn't prevent
their demise; they're all gone.

The possession of eternal life is very crucial because every Christian lacking eternal
life is also lacking God's son, i.e. they are quite literally christless Christians.

1John 5:9-13 . .We accept human testimony, but God's testimony carries more
weight because it is the testimony of God, which He has given about His son. . . .
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His son.
Whoever has the Son has the life; whoever who does not have the life, does not
have God's son.
_

The possession of eternal life is very crucial because every Christian lacking eternal
life is also lacking God's son, i.e. they are quite literally christless Christians.
This sentence from your OP confuses me. It seems to be an oxymoron. It seems to me the only way to be a Christian is to be in Christ. If you're christless you're not a believer... you're not a Christian.

I found this and it looks like with the information highway available to us we can learn something new everyday. It's definitely looks like something I want to avoid.

John 6:53 . . Truly, Truly, I say to you: unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man
and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.

The kind of life about which Jesus spoke is not of this world, i.e. it's supernatural.

John 6:54 . . He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life

Eternal life is far and away superior to human life. It never gets old, it never wears
out, it never wears off, nor does it ever need replenishing because it can't be used
up with any more ease than God can be used up.

1John 1:2-3 . .The life was manifested, and we have seen and bear witness and
proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to
us

Ergo: it's only necessary to obtain eternal life one time and one time only because
it's perpetual, viz: eternal life always was, it always is, and it always shall be.

Now; note the grammatical tense of John 6:54; it's present tense rather than
future; indicating that when people correctly dine upon Jesus flesh, and correctly
imbibe his blood, they obtain eternal life immediately: no delay and no waiting
period.

NOTE: Eternal life and Immortality are not synonymous, viz: they are not two ways
to say the same thing. The two are juxtaposed in 2Tim 1:10; where the terms are
connected with a conjunction. They aren't connected with a verb, so that you can't
say eternal life is immortality; no, eternal life and immortality are two distinctly
different subjects.

For example: Jesus had eternal life when he was here (John 5:26) but he didn't
obtain immortality till after his resurrection. (Rom 6:9, Rev 1:18)

And according to John 6:54, the apostles had eternal life too; but it didn't prevent
their demise; they're all gone.

1John 5:9-13 . .We accept human testimony, but God's testimony carries more
weight because it is the testimony of God, which He has given about His son. . . .
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His son.
Whoever has the Son has the life; whoever who does not have the life, does not
have God's son.
_
i cannot find anywhere in scripture that states we receive eternal life by eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking His blood.

Are you involved in Halloween?

Are you involved in Halloween?

During the pandemic, I attached a small plastic basket to a six-foot-distance stick
of wood for handing out treats. I still use that combo because it's really handy for
reaching down to the little bitty kids.

Our walk in the front yard is lined with footlights, and lanterns hanging from yellow
saw horses; and we keep the front door illuminated with a 60W orange bulb so that
kids don't have to walk up to a dark house. Halloween doesn't have to be scary to
be fun so we do our best to avoid frightening anybody.

* Halloween is taboo for some Christians and that's perfectly okay with me because
according to the principles discussed in the fourteenth chapter of Romans, folks are
allowed to make up their own minds relative to debatable issues.
_

Back
Top Bottom