Do Oneness Teachers Possess a Body and a Soul

JD731

If the answer is yes, can that soul be separated from the body? What is this phenomenon called when it takes place? Is it not called death? Which part of the person who died is the real person? Well, I have been to a hundred cemeteries and all the grave markers has a name of an individual on it. Obviously the people who were charged with burying the body thought it belonged to some soul.

The question now becomes; is death the end of the story for the body and the soul of that person? Not according to Jesus Christ, who, BTW, possessed a body and a soul like all people. He is the God Man, and, the Man who is God, and he possessed the Spirit of God in his body while he was on the earth, as well as now. This made him the only man until that time who had ever been born as a three part man. He had the Spirit of God dwelling in his mortal body, as well as his soul. I know his body was mortal because it could and did die. His soul and the Spirit of God was not in his body after he died and so they put it in a tomb. But his soul and Spirit was somewhere and God raised him from the dead. He is the only man until that time who was ever raised from the dead never to face dying again. His soul and his Spirit came again into his body and it was glorified.

What does this prove? It proves that a man is not like the god of the oneness preachers. The oneness preachers are not in the image of their god. They are two in one and one in two, but their god is not like them. He is one only. He cannot dwell in their bodies in the person of his spirit like our triune God dwelt in the body of Jesus and dwells in every believer who has been "born again of the Spirit, who was and is and always will be Jesus Christ."

Jesus Christ was a full grown man when he went to the cross. I am going to guess he weighed about 175 pounds when he was put into the tomb. He was resurrected three days later as a full grown glorified man and he appeared to many for 40 days and then ascended in his obvious bodily form to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father on his throne, where he is now. Yet for all that the scriptures says this;

1Jo 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The saved man will have an internal witness and this witness is Jesus Christ because he indwells the body of the believer. But he does not indwell him physically. The idea of that is absurd. A physical Jesus does not dwell in a believer. A physical Jesus sits on the throne in Heaven where God the Father is presently. But Jesus Christ dwells in the bodies of individual believers the world over and testifies of his presence in the person of his omnipresent Spirit nonetheless. He can do this because that his divine Spirit is his Spirit just as the soul of man is his soul, whether it is in his body or whether it is not. He gives us HIS Spirit as the gift of eternal life if and when we believe in his person and work. It is equally as important to believe in his person as it is to believe in his work.

If a man is going to be born, he must have a father. It is the only way to be born. He must have a body and a soul (self identity). If he is going to be born again, he must be born of the heavenly Father and he must receive his Spirit. He will receive his glorified body from the Father at his coming for him. It is the blessed hope.

I thank my God that he is not like the god of the oneness preachers. If he were I could not be born again.

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life (the Spirit of God and of Christ), and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life (the Spirit) in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death (the body) and hell (the soul - body and soul =same person just in different places until this event) delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin[is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The saved man is a trinity and in the image of Christ, who is the express image of God, because he has the Spirit of Christ indwelling him. Soul, body, and Spirit of God and of Christ. One in three and three in one.

I would be interested to know if any oneness preachers would agree with anything in this post.

If the answer is yes, can that soul be separated from the body? What is this phenomenon called when it takes place? Is it not called death? Which part of the person who died is the real person? Well, I have been to a hundred cemeteries and all the grave markers has a name of an individual on it. Obviously the people who were charged with burying the body thought it belonged to some soul.

The question now becomes; is death the end of the story for the body and the soul of that person? Not according to Jesus Christ, who, BTW, possessed a body and a soul like all people. He is the God Man, and, the Man who is God, and he possessed the Spirit of God in his body while he was on the earth, as well as now. This made him the only man until that time who had ever been born as a three part man. He had the Spirit of God dwelling in his mortal body, as well as his soul. I know his body was mortal because it could and did die. His soul and the Spirit of God was not in his body after he died and so they put it in a tomb. But his soul and Spirit was somewhere and God raised him from the dead. He is the only man until that time who was ever raised from the dead never to face dying again. His soul and his Spirit came again into his body and it was glorified.

What does this prove? It proves that a man is not like the god of the oneness preachers. The oneness preachers are not in the image of their god. They are two in one and one in two, but their god is not like them. He is one only. He cannot dwell in their bodies in the person of his spirit like our triune God dwelt in the body of Jesus and dwells in every believer who has been "born again of the Spirit, who was and is and always will be Jesus Christ."

Jesus Christ was a full grown man when he went to the cross. I am going to guess he weighed about 175 pounds when he was put into the tomb. He was resurrected three days later as a full grown glorified man and he appeared to many for 40 days and then ascended in his obvious bodily form to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father on his throne, where he is now. Yet for all that the scriptures says this;

1Jo 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The saved man will have an internal witness and this witness is Jesus Christ because he indwells the body of the believer. But he does not indwell him physically. The idea of that is absurd. A physical Jesus does not dwell in a believer. A physical Jesus sits on the throne in Heaven where God the Father is presently. But Jesus Christ dwells in the bodies of individual believers the world over and testifies of his presence in the person of his omnipresent Spirit nonetheless. He can do this because that his divine Spirit is his Spirit just as the soul of man is his soul, whether it is in his body or whether it is not. He gives us HIS Spirit as the gift of eternal life if and when we believe in his person and work. It is equally as important to believe in his person as it is to believe in his work.

If a man is going to be born, he must have a father. It is the only way to be born. He must have a body and a soul (self identity). If he is going to be born again, he must be born of the heavenly Father and he must receive his Spirit. He will receive his glorified body from the Father at his coming for him. It is the blessed hope.

I thank my God that he is not like the god of the oneness preachers. If he were I could not be born again.

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life (the Spirit of God and of Christ), and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life (the Spirit) in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death (the body) and hell (the soul - body and soul =same person just in different places until this event) delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin[is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The saved man is a trinity and in the image of Christ, who is the express image of God, because he has the Spirit of Christ indwelling him. Soul, body, and Spirit of God and of Christ. One in three and three in one.

I would be interested to know if any oneness preachers would agree with anything in this post.
Nice OP !!!

If the answer is yes, can that soul be separated from the body? What is this phenomenon called when it takes place? Is it not called death? Which part of the person who died is the real person?

Its why the Bible ( for only the believer) calls the separation of the soul from the body "sleep."

There is no death for that soul.... Merrily awaiting a new body.

The soul, therefore, is the real person.

Sleep is a perfect way of saying it.

For when you sleep? Your soul is still active while dreaming.
You just simply are not 'body conscious.'

Since believers never die? When the body ceases to function the soul continues in a dream like state.
And, if you think about it? You can dream that you are awake doing things that seem very real......

For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would
prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."

2 Corinthians 5:7-8​

🧑‍🏫... Some can not handle the obvious truth, and must keep talking about it as if its difficult to understand....

THESE three are one. or is "THEY" one, if the verse would have said, "THEY" are one, then all oneness would have to close up shop and go home. because the pronoun "THEY" would indicate persons. but the scripture clearly said, "these", which is a pronoun that indicate ..."THIS", which are titles, and not persons. just as, "8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.", well water is not a person, nor blood. just as that scripture clearly states, "THESE"...... are titles of a PERSON. so that want fly. then U stated,
What does this prove? It proves that a man is not like the god of the oneness preachers. The oneness preachers are not in the image of their god. They are two in one and one in two, but their god is not like them.
well let's see if this is true. in the book of revelation chapter 4 & 5 it states ONE PERSON Sits on the Throne, and another Person, (who is God), stand before the same throne. now 101G as a "DIVERSIFIED ONENESS" not just a ONENESS believer, but a DIVERSIFIED ONENESS believer says he who sit is he who stand is the SAME ONE PERSON AS GOD in the ECHAD of GOD. meaning it's only ONE PERSON, Diversified, or Equally Shared now in the Amalgamation of the Spirit in Glorified Flesh and Bone, without blood, per John 17:5.

now if you do not believe this, then tell us who sits on the throne by name and title, and who stands before the throne by name and by title. and this will put and end to who is a Oneness or not.

101G.

THESE three are one. or is "THEY" one, if the verse would have said, "THEY" are one, then all oneness would have to close up shop and go home. because the pronoun "THEY" would indicate persons. but the scripture clearly said, "these", which is a pronoun that indicate ..."THIS", which are titles, and not persons. just as, "8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.", well water is not a person, nor blood. just as that scripture clearly states, "THESE"...... are titles of a PERSON. so that want fly. then U stated,

well let's see if this is true. in the book of revelation chapter 4 & 5 it states ONE PERSON Sits on the Throne, and another Person, (who is God), stand before the same throne. now 101G as a "DIVERSIFIED ONENESS" not just a ONENESS believer, but a DIVERSIFIED ONENESS believer says he who sit is he who stand is the SAME ONE PERSON AS GOD in the ECHAD of GOD. meaning it's only ONE PERSON, Diversified, or Equally Shared now in the Amalgamation of the Spirit in Glorified Flesh and Bone, without blood, per John 17:5.

now if you do not believe this, then tell us who sits on the throne by name and title, and who stands before the throne by name and by title. and this will put and end to who is a Oneness or not.

101G.
Are you born again?

Its why the Bible ( for only the believer) calls the separation of the soul from the body "sleep."

There is no death for that soul.... Merrily awaiting a new body.

The soul, therefore, is the real person.

Sleep is a perfect way of saying it.

For when you sleep? Your soul is still active while dreaming.
You just simply are not 'body conscious.'

Since believers never die? When the body ceases to function the soul continues in a dream like state.
And, if you think about it? You can dream that you are awake doing things that seem very real......

For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would
prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."

2 Corinthians 5:7-8​

🧑‍🏫... Some can not handle the obvious truth, and must keep talking about it as if its difficult to understand....
I do not know if we have any disagreement or not. It doesn't seem as though you are a oneness believer. When God created Adam in his image, he created his body, which gave him physical abilities and functions, a soul, which is the spiritual part of man and gives him self consciousness and intelligence, reason, and will and ability and desire and need to interact with others like himself. Thirdly, God breathed his own Spirit into Adam and he became a "living" soul with the ability of a three part man to be where God is in his presence and to fellowship with him in his triune person.
and to communicate with him face to face.

There seems to be no doubt that Adam was created with a glorified body and the glory of God was his covering in the Garden where God was. This explains why Adam did not know he was naked, but without the glory of God he surely was. When sin entered in to his person by his exercise of his reason and will the glory of God departed and he was separated from fellowship with God.

The only other person who came into the world as a three part man and could do , and did, all those things Adam did before the fall was Jesus Christ. He did not come as a glorified man but as one of us. He came in a body like our bodies. Weak and frail. However, he is God in the flesh because from his beginning the Spirit of God dwelt in his body. Our lord also had a soul. This makes him uniquely a man. He had constant fellowship and communication with God and the things he did and the words he spoke all came from God and he acted in obedience always to his will.

The life of the flesh is in the blood, we are told in scripture, and Jesus Christ had blood running through his veins from the very first at his conception. It was not the blood from man but from God the Father and it was pure but it was his life as a man. But, he also had the life of God, which is his Spirit. No other man since Adam had the Spirit of God indwelling his body as an integral part of his being. The Spirit is the life of God.

Ro 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him (God the Father) that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he (the Spirit of God the Father) that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The fact that he is in the body, which has blood running through it, yet is said to be dead, is quickened by the abiding presence of the Spirit because he is the life of God. The Spirit is the righteousness of Christ because he is the power of Christ to obey God the Father, the Judge of all the earth.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The beginning in context is when he came as a man. He was with God because God the Spirit was in his body from his conception. Therefore the word was with God.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The "light" is a metaphor for "understanding."

The entrance of thy word giveth light: it giveth understanding to the simple. So Jesus Christ is three things here,

1) He is God, the Word
2) He is Life
3) He is light

Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The wages of sin is death in the lake of fire separated from God and forever in that state of death. Jesus Christ could not pay the ransom for our us and give us his eternal Spirit to live in us and seal us as God's children as God. So Jesus became a man like us, yet without sin, though tempted in all points like us, and he died as a substitute for all of us and God was pleased with and accepted his offering and raised his body from the dead. Now, he will take the sin away from anyone who will come to him by confident faith in what Jesus did for us and that God really will give us his righteousness, his Spirit, if and when we will simply repent and believe and trust him.

The church of Jesus Christ, which he is forming in this age since the cross, is predestined to be glorified physically as individuals and collectively when he comes for us. You must be born again by the Spirit of God through faith in God the Father and Jesus Christ to be included in that number. He says he receives everyone who will come and he turns none away.

I hope you know him.

Last edited:
Thirdly, God breathed his own Spirit into Adam and he became a "living" soul with the ability of a three part man to be where God is in his presence and to fellowship with him in his triune person and to communicate with him face to face.
Where did you get that from? From your own meditation on the Word?

What were the three parts of the Adam you pictured?

From above, yes, and my teacher who is the Holy Spirit the only TRUE and Living God taught 101G this.

101G.
And what did he teach 101G that being born again means? Did he teach 101G that birth #1 was physical and in the image of a fallen man who could produce a natural birth of an eternal soul in a mortal body "only" through a natural process that is governed by natural laws? You could have missed the memo but he really did teach that. There is a problem. The eternal soul will at some point depart the mortal body. The body will decay but the soul will remain self conscious. When this happens, and it has happened 100% of the time for all men since creation. However, how God is solving the problem for all men by the new birth may be approached through faith and reason. Just as the soul in it's natural condition, soul and body, can exist on earth, even so can the Soul and Spirit of God exist in heaven for that one who has experienced the new birth. The body is necessary for the physical and all those who are born again has a promise and a hope of a glorified physical body that can function both on earth and in heaven, not being constrained or restrained by natural laws, time or space.

The citizenship of heaven is being determined now in this church age. The new birth is required before the soul departs the body. The trinitarian image of God cannot be realized after death.

Hebrews 9:27, and as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this the judgement.

Jesus Christ is the first man to enter heaven as a physical man, a trinity and he is setting now on the right hand of God on his heavenly throne awaiting to come and resurrect his church physically and glorify our bodies like unto his glorious body and translate us from earth to the Father's house. This is called the translation of the church, the body of Christ. It has been called the rapture of the church of Jesus Christ. You will be included if you are born again from above. There is much more to know about this subject.

Be sure you and God are on the same page about the meaning of the New Birth.

Last edited:
Where did you get that from? From your own meditation on the Word?

What were the three parts of the Adam you pictured?
To answer you question, God created Adam a body and a soul and he breathed into his body his Spirit. This is a trinity, one in three and three in one. When God said Adam became a living soul the emphasis is on living. Later, God said the soul that sinneth it (the soul) shall die. Adam sinned and his soul died immediately. Death is not a mystery in the scriptures. It has a simple meaning. It is a departure or a separation. The body of Adam was no longer a fit abode for the Spirit of God who we now know is the life of God. The soul will one day depart the corrupted body of Adam because he does not have the life and presence of God, who is eternal, any longer in his body. His soul will not cease to exist because it is dead. That is not the meaning of death. The soul of man is eternal but it will always be dead through eternity because it will always be separated from all that God is. Light, Love, peace. This is in the lake of fire, a place where the omnipresent God has created and chosen not be and to not remember those who have chosen to go there by rejecting his mercy and salvation by faith.

Isa 57:21 There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

Eze 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Last edited:
And what did he teach 101G that being born again means? Did he teach 101G that birth #1 was physical and in the image of a fallen man who could produce a natural birth of an eternal soul in a mortal body "only" through a natural process that is governed by natural laws? You could have missed the memo but he really did teach that. There is a problem. The eternal soul will at some point depart the mortal body. The body will decay but the soul will remain self conscious. When this happens, and it has happened 100% of the time for all men since creation. However, how God is solving the problem for all men by the new birth may be approached through faith and reason. Just as the soul in it's natural condition, soul and body, can exist on earth, even so can the Soul and Spirit of God exist in heaven for that one who has experienced the new birth. The body is necessary for the physical and all those who are born again has a promise and a hope of a glorified physical body that can function both on earth and in heaven, not being constrained or restrained by natural laws, time or space.

The citizenship of heaven is being determined now in this church age. The new birth is required before the soul departs the body. The trinitarian image of God cannot be realized after death.

Hebrews 9:27, and as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this the judgement.

Jesus Christ is the first man to enter heaven as a physical man, a trinity and he is setting now on the right hand of God on his heavenly throne awaiting to come and resurrect his church physically and glorify our bodies like unto his glorious body and translate us from earth to the Father's house. This is called the translation of the church, the body of Christ. It has been called the rapture of the church of Jesus Christ. You will be included if you are born again from above. There is much more to know about this subject.

Be sure you and God are on the same page about the meaning of the New Birth.
101G see you did not read my previous respond. and two, you said,
First ERROR of the DAY. and here's why. Romans 14:7 "For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself." (READ THAT AGAIN). Romans 14:8 "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's." (NOW HEAR THIS, ALL HANDS-ON DECK, THIS IS THE LORD SPEAKING VIA HIS APOSTLE) Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."

Let's be sure.... 1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" 1 Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" 1 Peter 3:20 "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Now the Lord Jesus in Hell, Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." human spirit.

101G.

101G see you did not read my previous respond. and two, you said,

First ERROR of the DAY. and here's why. Romans 14:7 "For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself." (READ THAT AGAIN). Romans 14:8 "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's." (NOW HEAR THIS, ALL HANDS-ON DECK, THIS IS THE LORD SPEAKING VIA HIS APOSTLE) Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."

Let's be sure.... 1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" 1 Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" 1 Peter 3:20 "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Now the Lord Jesus in Hell, Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." human spirit.

101G.
And what did he teach 101G that being born again means?

That is the question I asked you. I was expecting you to answer it.

Back
Top Bottom