Deity of Christ in Acts !

Here's one I've always liked. But there are lots and lots more that show that Jesus is God.

Matthew 1:23​

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

To all,
It's a shame when people read the bible and still don't understand what they are reading. When God said that he was "ALONE" and "BY HIMSELF" when he MADE ALL THINGS, that means exactly just that ... he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF".

anyone who is truthful knows when God said, he was alone, he does not mean we or us was alone.

now one more, the "US" and the "OUR" in Genesis 1:26. there is ONLY ONE PERSON who made man Male and Female in the Beginning. and the Lord Jesus who cannot LIE say it was only "ONE" Person who made man Male and Female in the Beginning.
Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," he is a single person. and this single person is God. scripture, Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." so God is the he, not them who made man Male and Female in the beginning.

but people say, show it to me in the bible. ..... have, and they still cannot believe. so what's wrong with them.... answer, 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" 2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
it's bad when God send someone a delusion, a STRONG delusion until they want believe the truth when presented.
how can someone get out of a strong delusion? they must receive the truth. 101G cannot receive it for them..... it's a individual choice. when the Lord Jesus died on the cross, he put man right back where he was before the Fall. one must accept God. they have to believe the truth. so how do one do that? be a Berean. what did the Lord Jesus say? John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:40 "And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life." (READ THAT AGAIN) John 5:41 "I receive not honour from men." John 5:42 "But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you." John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." John 5:44 "How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?"

what an INDICTMENT. believe men instead of God.

101G.

One thing I like about the Trinity is they work together.

26 But when the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, Whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth Who comes (proceeds) from the Father, He [Himself] will testify regarding Me.
27 But you also will testify and be My witnesses, because you have been with Me from the beginning.
John 15:26–27

The Holy Spirit is sometimes called the “shy” member of the Godhead, because the Spirit will testify of Christ.This point is vital because it shows that the Spirit does not save in isolation from the other persons of the Trinity but in loving interaction with them. The Spirit is poured forth from the heavenly Father to testify of the Son to the glory of the Father. The Holy Spirit draws creation into the loving embrace of the Father, Son, and Spirit. In doing this, the Spirit seeks to glorify the Father and the Son.

I also like how the Trinity works in our lives to secure our salvation. The Holy Spirit is the one who perfects or completes the salvation willed by the Father and made possible by the Jesus's death and resurrection. The Third member of the Trinity completes this salvation by bringing it to us and enabling us to participate in it. Without the Holy Spirit, we would gaze on Jesus’ death and resurrection from a distance, but we would have no direct relationship to it. We would remain bound in our condition of sin and death, still yearning for freedom but having no connection to it. The Holy Spirit is what quickens us when we hear the gospel message.

The Holy Spirit brings the victory of Jesus’ death and resurrection to our lives and allows us to experience it and be a part of it. Without the Holy Spirit, there would be no salvation. In fact, it was the Holy Spirit that was the hidden potential of life at Jesus’ crucifixion.

14 How much more surely shall the blood of Christ, Who by virtue of [His] eternal Spirit [His own preexistent divine personality] has offered Himself as an unblemished sacrifice to God, purify our consciences from dead works and lifeless observances to serve the [ever] living God?
Hebrews 9:14

It was the Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead.

And [as to His divine nature] according to the Spirit of holiness was openly designated the Son of God in power [in a striking, triumphant and miraculous manner] by His resurrection from the dead, even Jesus Christ our Lord (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
Romans 1:4

So yes @Kokomo The Holy Spirit Works in cooperation with the Father and with Jesus. "These three are one" 1 John 5:7
It is then the Spirit that brings the victory of Jesus’ death and resurrection to our lives when we believe in Jesus for salvation. Without the Spirit, there is no salvation. Not only Jesus saves, the Spirit saves, too.

I also like how the Trinity works in our lives to secure our salvation. The Holy Spirit is the one who perfects or completes the salvation willed by the Father and made possible by the Jesus's death and resurrection. The Third member of the Trinity completes this salvation by bringing it to us and enabling us to participate in it. Without the Holy Spirit, we would gaze on Jesus’ death and resurrection from a distance, but we would have no direct relationship to it. We would remain bound in our condition of sin and death, still yearning for freedom but having no connection to it. The Holy Spirit is what quickens us when we hear the gospel message.

The Holy Spirit brings the victory of Jesus’ death and resurrection to our lives and allows us to experience it and be a part of it. Without the Holy Spirit, there would be no salvation. In fact, it was the Holy Spirit that was the hidden potential of life at Jesus’ crucifixion.

14 How much more surely shall the blood of Christ, Who by virtue of [His] eternal Spirit [His own preexistent divine personality] has offered Himself as an unblemished sacrifice to God, purify our consciences from dead works and lifeless observances to serve the [ever] living God?
Hebrews 9:14

It was the Holy Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead.

And [as to His divine nature] according to the Spirit of holiness was openly designated the Son of God in power [in a striking, triumphant and miraculous manner] by His resurrection from the dead, even Jesus Christ our Lord (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
Romans 1:4

So yes @Kokomo The Holy Spirit Works in cooperation with the Father and with Jesus. "These three are one" 1 John 5:7
It is then the Spirit that brings the victory of Jesus’ death and resurrection to our lives when we believe in Jesus for salvation. Without the Spirit, there is no salvation. Not only Jesus saves, the Spirit saves, too.
Yep they work together. The father thinks it, the son speaks it, and the holy spirit makes it happen. "And these three are one first" John 5:7
You got that right, you sure got that right. I like talking to people that know what they're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom