Christ paid our sin debt

1 Peter 1:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

nothing there states God regenerates unbelievers

You read that into the passage
You see that word hope in 1 Pet 1:3 ? Thats connected to Faith, Faith and Hope are relatively the same, so scripture says Faith is the Hope of things not seen Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

So Faith, Hope are caused by the resurrected life of Christ 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Paul says of the Cross Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
The resurrection of Christ causes the regeneration of those He saved by His death 1 Pet 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant and boundless mercy has caused us to be born again [that is, to be reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose] to an ever-living hope and confident assurance through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
you just proved I'm correct and you are incorrect since the passage supports exactly what I have been saying with the Resurrection.

I appreciate you finally admitted the death is nothing apart from the Resurrection.

The centerpiece of the gospel is the Resurrection which gives life, the death covers sin.

hope this helps !!!

you just proved I'm correct and you are incorrect since the passage supports exactly what I have been saying with the Resurrection.

I appreciate you finally admitted the death is nothing apart from the Resurrection.

The centerpiece of the gospel is the Resurrection which gives life, the death covers sin.

hope this helps !!!
Jesus death and resurrection saves, thats what I proved. His death saves legally and His resurrection saves Spiritually. However its because of what the Death of Christ did, by making them He died for dead to the Law, its penalty and condemnation, hence they receive Life from the dead as an evidence. This still proves limited atonement because all arent saved by His Death nor resurrected life duh

Jesus death and resurrection saves, thats what I proved. His death saves legally and His resurrection saves Spiritually. However its because of what the Death of Christ did, by making them He died for dead to the Law, its penalty and condemnation, hence they receive Life from the dead as an evidence. This still proves limited atonement because all arent saved by His Death nor resurrected life duh
no you said dozens of times it was his death that did.

you cannot escape that since you said it numerous times already this morning. I corrected you and said it was His Resurrection, the heart of the gospel that gives life. you claimed it was His death, not His resurrection and just added that in your last post.

nice try again with a bait n switch. everyone can see thats exactly what you did here.

no you said dozens of times it was his death that did.

you cannot escape that since you said it numerous times already this morning. I corrected you and said it was His Resurrection, the heart of the gospel that gives life. you claimed it was His death, not His resurrection and just added that in your last post.

nice try again with a bait n switch. everyone can see thats exactly what you did here.
His death does save. Yet thats not saying His resurrection doesnt duh

His death does save. Yet thats not saying His resurrection doesnt duh
it doesn't say His death saved. try reading below

Romans 5:10- For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

it doesn't say His death saved. try reading below

Romans 5:10- For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
You are attempting to set the one against the other, thtas evil and handling the word deceitfully. Christ death does save. His Death is the Cross Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross/death of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

How was Paul crucified unto the world and the world unto him according to Gal 6:14

You are attempting to set the one against the other, thtas evil and handling the word deceitfully. Christ death does save. His Death is the Cross Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross/death of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

How was Paul crucified unto the world and the world unto him according to Gal 6:14
No you are prejecting again as you are the one who left out the Resurrection which I pointed out and said His death gives life and we are saved by His death. I showed many passages that say its His Resurrection that gives life.

The gospel is He died was buried and raised back to life and seen by many witnesses described in 1 Cor 15:3-16.

The Gospel has 2 major parts. You cannot have one without the other. 2 sides of the same coin.

1-His death provided reconciliation and expiation for sin
2-His Resurrection give life and salvation.

You see that word hope in 1 Pet 1:3 ? Thats connected to Faith, Faith and Hope are relatively the same, so scripture says Faith is the Hope of things not seen Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

So Faith, Hope are caused by the resurrected life of Christ 1 Pet 1:3

Where have you shown that the verse references unbelievers

1 Peter 1:3 (KJV 1900) — 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

In fact nothing there states God regenerates unbelievers

No you are prejecting again as you are the one who left out the Resurrection which I pointed out and said His death gives life and we are saved by His death. I showed many passages that say its His Resurrection that gives life.

The gospel is He died was buried and raised back to life and seen by many witnesses described in 1 Cor 15:3-16.

The Gospel has 2 major parts. You cannot have one without the other. 2 sides of the same coin.

1-His death provided reconciliation and expiation for sin
2-His Resurrection give life and salvation.
You are attempting to set the one against the other, that's evil and handling the word deceitfully. Christ death does save. His Death is the Cross Gal 6:14

You are attempting to set the one against the other, that's evil and handling the word deceitfully. Christ death does save. His Death is the Cross Gal 6:14

It saves those who believe

John 3:14–18 (KJV 1900) — 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Where have you shown that the verse references unbelievers

In fact nothing there states God regenerates unbelievers

Unbelievers Christ died for and rose again will be regenerated unto Faith and Hope 1 Pet 1:2-3

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Unbelievers Christ died for and rose again will be regenerated unto Faith and Hope 1 Pet 1:2-3

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Christ died for all

Christ died list

1 Timothy 2:4–6
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
2 Corinthians 5:14–15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
John 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

are you a universalist as well.

Christ died for all

Christ died list

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Its about the Elect !

Its about the Elect !
You have not addressed the point Christ died for all

are you a universalist

Christ died for all

Christ died list

As I often use to say :

oops :)

You have not addressed the point Christ died for all

are you a universalist
All the elect, cant you read ? 1 Pet 1:2-3 who is Peter writing to ? The whole world or the Elect

All the elect, cant you read ? 1 Pet 1:2-3 who is Peter writing to ? The whole world or the Elect

You have not shown any were unconditionally elected to conversion

and your statement was

"Unbelievers Christ died for and rose again will be regenerated unto Faith and Hope 1 Pet 1:2-3"

again you offer only your assumptions

and you never dealt with your assumption Christ died for only a few unconditionally select individuals

You have not shown any were unconditionally elected to conversion

and your statement was

"Unbelievers Christ died for and rose again will be regenerated unto Faith and Hope 1 Pet 1:2-3"

again you offer only your assumptions

Again you have not dealt with your false assumption Christ died only for a few unconditionally select individuals

https://berean-apologetics.community.forum/threads/christ-paid-our-sin-debt.1205/post-56340

nor have you shown any were unconditionally elected to conversion

Back
Top Bottom