Behind Enemy Lines

Khazar

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Biblically and practically speaking, we are in a spiritual war. The Christian’s spiritual enemy is not in uniform, and he doesn’t meet us on an identifiable battlefield. He uses ruthless and unconventional tactics such as deceit, deflection, and disguise.

A large number of pastors and teachers, however, ignore or downplay spiritual warfare to the point that many professing Christians don’t even know they’re in a war. This lack of awareness puts Christians in serious danger. The church of Jesus Christ needs to know its enemy and his strategies. Above all, Christians need to know how to gain victory over this enemy.

Two things are happening today that I never thought I would live to see. First, spiritual warfare is getting much more intense as Satan’s attacks become bolder. To many Christians are not taking spiritual warfare seriously or even believing such a war is going on. Taken together, these two factors mean we have a crisis on our hands. When the danger increases and our awareness decreases, someone needs to sound an alarm to prevent disaster. Hopefully it's not too late for that.

@Khazar

One very important thing when going into battle is to have your armor on. When David went into battle against Goliath he didn't need man-made armor as he had God on his side to fight the battle. The same is true for us because the Bible tells us the kind of a battle we are in.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.’ (Eph. 6:10–13)

Here's The Warriors Prayer based on Ephesians 6

Heavenly Father, Your warriors prepare for battle. Today we claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God.

We put on the Girdle of Truth! May we stand firm in the truth of Your Word so we will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

We put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! May it guard our hearts from evil so we will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

We put on the Shoes of Peace! May we stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through us and be a light to all we encounter.

We take the Shield of Faith! May we be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so we will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

We put on the Helmet of Salvation! May we keep our minds focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on our thoughts.

We take the Sword of the Spirit! May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in our hands so we can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warriors have put on the whole armor of God! We are prepared to live this day in spiritual victory! Amen!!

Satan is trying to rob believers of the spiritual blessings God has given us and to make us ineffective in the kingdom of God. He uses unbelievers to accomplish his goals. This can be seen by the new interest in spiritualism in this country, and spiritualism is even entering the Church. This makes it important to study demon possession because it is quite clear to me that many of the so-called mediums become demon possessed. Having submitted themselves voluntarily to these other powers, they frequently get into a state in which they cannot keep themselves from them, and they become subject to them and possessed by them. That is one of the most dangerous aspects of spiritualism as a whole.

This is one reason that some cults, teach people to abandon themselves and their own self-control. Indeed, people are deliberately worked up into a kind of excitement in which they lose themselves. And it seems to me that that kind of teaching opens the door directly to being oppressed by the devil. A true Christian cannot be demon possessed but they can be demon oppressed and hindered. The moment you surrender your understanding and discrimination, and abandon yourself and your higher controls, you are at the very least putting yourself in a very dangerous position. Just look at Jonestown and Waco.

I think it's also possible for Christians to become preoccupied with the study of Satan and his demons.

The two extremes are what we should avoid. If you hold the position that you don’t want to know anything about this subject of the enemy and his forces and you aren’t going to study it, then you give Satan an advantage through your ignorance of him. On the other hand, if you think you need to know all there is to know about Satan and you read just about every word in print about him, then you will fail to focus on other important truths in Scripture that God wants you to study. Know your enemy, but don’t become preoccupied with Satan and his demons.

I think it's also possible for Christians to become preoccupied with the study of Satan and his demons.

The two extremes are what we should avoid. If you hold the position that you don’t want to know anything about this subject of the enemy and his forces and you aren’t going to study it, then you give Satan an advantage through your ignorance of him. On the other hand, if you think you need to know all there is to know about Satan and you read just about every word in print about him, then you will fail to focus on other important truths in Scripture that God wants you to study. Know your enemy, but don’t become preoccupied with Satan and his demons.
I think understanding Spiritual Warfare is important but it's also important not to go overboard with it. I was always taught not to look for a demonic spirit under every rock. Jesus told us "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19.

As far as recognizing people that are demon possessed Or Christians that are demon oppressed, Jesus also told us:

By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:35

The blood of Jesus conquers everything that we will ever come across in this life. The blood of Jesus demolishes the doctrines of demons.

The Blood Jesus is God’s Ultimate Weapon for Spiritual Warfare. A proper understanding of Jesus’s blood is essential if as Christians we are to live a full and meaningful life and know how to overcome the enemy of our souls.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Biblically and practically speaking, we are in a spiritual war. The Christian’s spiritual enemy is not in uniform, and he doesn’t meet us on an identifiable battlefield. He uses ruthless and unconventional tactics such as deceit, deflection, and disguise.

A large number of pastors and teachers, however, ignore or downplay spiritual warfare to the point that many professing Christians don’t even know they’re in a war. This lack of awareness puts Christians in serious danger. The church of Jesus Christ needs to know its enemy and his strategies. Above all, Christians need to know how to gain victory over this enemy.

Two things are happening today that I never thought I would live to see. First, spiritual warfare is getting much more intense as Satan’s attacks become bolder. To many Christians are not taking spiritual warfare seriously or even believing such a war is going on. Taken together, these two factors mean we have a crisis on our hands. When the danger increases and our awareness decreases, someone needs to sound an alarm to prevent disaster. Hopefully it's not too late for that.
Amen the doctrine of Christ and the gospel is under attack by the enemy.

I think understanding Spiritual Warfare is important but it's also important not to go overboard with it. I was always taught not to look for a demonic spirit under every rock. Jesus told us "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19.

As far as recognizing people that are demon possessed Or Christians that are demon oppressed, Jesus also told us:

By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:35

The blood of Jesus conquers everything that we will ever come across in this life. The blood of Jesus demolishes the doctrines of demons.

The Blood Jesus is God’s Ultimate Weapon for Spiritual Warfare. A proper understanding of Jesus’s blood is essential if as Christians we are to live a full and meaningful life and know how to overcome the enemy of our souls.

Amen the new covenant of His blood as Jesus said provided the forgiveness of our sins. It’s that simple and some want to complicate it with theological mumbo jumbo. Jesus meant what He said and said what He means. He didn’t mince or waste words . His words are spirit they are life and they are truth.

Satan had to mess things up. It was no longer good enough to be an angel created in the beauty of God. Lucifer wanted to be like “the Most High.”

Satan wasn’t created as the devil. God created Lucifer. Lucifer forfeited that name and became Satan (meaning “adversary” or “enemy”) of his own will. But how? Lucifer had no sinful world to lure him, no tempter to push him, and no innate sinful nature to overpower him. How could the first unholy affection arise in an angelic being?

Free will—like you and me—Lucifer was created with freedom to choose.

Each of us has the choice: the opportunity to say yes to God . . . or not. Lucifer chose to use his gift of free choice against the Giver. In his own heart, Lucifer pridefully determined that he would elevate and glorify himself. And that was the first sin ever committed in the universe—the sin of pride. I think that's one of his tools in his bags of tricks that he uses against the human race.

The best revenge against any enemy is to live well.

The bible speaks volumes about this "wellness."

For when we do what is right, we resist the wrong.

Resist as an expression of your being, and the enemy will flee.

The best revenge against any enemy is to live well.

The bible speaks volumes about this "wellness."

For when we do what is right, we resist the wrong.

Resist as an expression of your being, and the enemy will flee.
I agree. The word tells us that the enemy only comes to rob, kill, and destroy. I think the reason for the enemies hatred toward us is because God loves us. When we love God and go along with this plan for us we live well. The reason we're able to do that is because of Jesus. And Satan knows that Jesus has defeated him. We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus who loves us. This means that with God on our side, we are overwhelmingly victorious in all aspects of life.

A large number of pastors and teachers, however, ignore or downplay spiritual warfare to the point that many professing Christians don’t even know they’re in a war.
Because many of these pastors and teachers are false witnesses of Christ and are part of the enemy. To anyone, I would be very careful in what brick and mortar church congregation you have stepped into, or may be a part of, and pay special attention to its shepherd(s).

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read the title of this thread: A Jewish monotheist on a trinitarian forum.

The second thing that popped into my mind was Gene Hackman.

Many churches have become little more than a social club. It starts with the pastor.

So one of us is saved and the other is not. Good to know your stand. Thanks for being honest.

I don’t know who is saved and who isn’t. The one God has appointed a man to be the judge. I’m not that man.

The race isn’t over until the runners cross the finish line.

I don’t know who is saved and who isn’t. The one God has appointed a man to be the judge. I’m not that man.

The race isn’t over until the runners cross the finish line.
So idolators who believe in a false god are saved, is that your position ?

Back
Top Bottom