Augustine's unbiblical doctrine of Amillennialism

"DEATH" is not destroyed until the GWTJ of Revelation 20:11-14
Death is destroyed at Christ's advent

1 Corinthians 15:22–55 (KJV 1900) — 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. 29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? 30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die. 33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. 35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
BTW

Matthew 25:31–33 (KJV 1900) — 31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

SteveB says: "Whoever told you that the harpadzo is a coming lied to you."

The LJC and His Apostles never lied to "us".
What is an ljc?
I told you I'm not into acronyms.
1 Thess 1:10
and to await His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead—Jesus our deliverer from the coming wrath.
I'll add....
1Th 5:9 WEB For God didn’t appoint us to wrath, but to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

The seven years of Tribulation described in Matthew 24, Daniel 9, and Revelation 6-18 are clearly the wrath of God poured out on a Christ rejecting world and the final seven owed by/to God to/by Isreal, to fulfill the determination of 70 sevens.
But, if you're trying to tell me that the bride doesn't show up to her own wedding and won't be allowed to come until after the groom returns to judge the nations.... just say so.

1 Thess 4:13-18
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.

1Th 4:13-18 WEB 13 But we don’t want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you don’t grieve like the rest, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we tell you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with God’s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first, 17 then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Caught up.... harpadzo.
In the air.

Not on earth.
In the air.

Bingo!
Whoever told you that the harpadzo is a coming lied to you.
We who hold to the Pre-trib harpadzo don't see it as a coming.
We never did.
So, take that into your consideration and recognize-- Jesus isn't coming to the earth.
we're meeting him in the air.
You have a problem in that the resurrection mentioned

1 Thessalonians 4:13–18 (KJV 1900) — 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

is said to be at his coming here

1 Corinthians 15:22–23 (KJV 1900) — 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

What is an ljc?
I've got you covered. ;)
I looked it up and your choices are ...
  • Lord Jesus Christ
  • Landlords of Johnson County (Kansas)
  • Limited Jurisdiction Courts
  • Loewenstein-Jensen Culture (microbiology)
  • Linux Jedi Clan (gaming)
  • Lumber Jack's Cap (EQ game reference)
[I wondered, too.]

What is an ljc?

I'll add....
1Th 5:9 WEB For God didn’t appoint us to wrath, but to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

The seven years of Tribulation described in Matthew 24, Daniel 9, and Revelation 6-18 are clearly the wrath of God poured out on a Christ rejecting world and the final seven owed by/to God to/by Isreal, to fulfill the determination of 70 sevens.
But, if you're trying to tell me that the bride doesn't show up to her own wedding and won't be allowed to come until after the groom returns to judge the nations.... just say so.

1Th 4:13-18 WEB 13 But we don’t want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you don’t grieve like the rest, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we tell you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with God’s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first, 17 then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Caught up.... harpadzo.
In the air.

Not on earth.
In the air.
LJC = Lord Jesus Christ

I've got you covered. ;)
I looked it up and your choices are ...
  • Lord Jesus Christ
  • Landlords of Johnson County (Kansas)
  • Limited Jurisdiction Courts
  • Loewenstein-Jensen Culture (microbiology)
  • Linux Jedi Clan (gaming)
  • Lumber Jack's Cap (EQ game reference)
[I wondered, too.]
Wow... 😳🤣
Thanks. 😎
I just did my own check....
There are a lot!
Definitely enough to make it unclear.
I found a Chevy dealership, a synagogue, a computer software company, as well as the list you provided.
Oh, and a judo council too.

So... @DavidTree ....
No more acronyms or uncommon abbreviations.
The list atP provided has 17 different uses for LJC. And they weren't actually the only ones...

So, to help emphasize the importance of clear communication, something from the 80's.

Tribulation is not wrath. The wrath only begins after Jesus returns in glory.

12 I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; 13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. 14 The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the [m]commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16 and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the [n]presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

What is an ljc?

I'll add....

Caught up.... harpadzo.
In the air.

Not on earth.
In the air.

We are caught up in the "air" because that is where we are UNITED with ALL the Saints in RESURRECTED Bodies.

The "Clouds" signify Authority over the earthbound peoples.

You have a problem in that the resurrection mentioned

1 Thessalonians 4:13–18 (KJV 1900) — 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

is said to be at his coming here

1 Corinthians 15:22–23 (KJV 1900) — 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.
Yep.
The dead IN CHRIST SHALL rise.
Praise God for that!
You however note a different element nit in question.

My emphasis is on the large font element.

I.e., everyone who follows Jesus shall be caught up (harpadzo) in the air, to meet Jesus...

So....

Where
Will
We
Meet
Jesus?

Will it be on earth?
Maybe in Beijing?
Or perhaps Moscow?
Maybe we'll all meet him in David Koresh's garage.

Tell me.
Please....

Tribulation is not wrath. The wrath only begins after Jesus returns in glory.

12 I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; 13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. 14 The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the [m]commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16 and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the [n]presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”
So, to you... the 7 years described in Daniel 9 is merely rough spot in human history?
Considering that it's at least 6028 years so far, a mere blip ?
Wow ....

0.116% of human history.
That's pretty insignificant as far as time goes.

Rather curious that Jesus made it sound so intense.

He does after all say,

Mat 24:21 BSB For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again.

Why would he make such a bug deal out of such a short period of time? 0.116% of the human history and he says it's the worst part, which will never be repeated again....

You make it sound like it'll be a great time to be had for all.

The Father and Son are definitely "he". But the Holy Spirit is not referred to as "he". It is logical to assume the Holy Spirit is "he" since the Holy Spirit is God. However, logic is not scripture.
Jesus referred to him as He.

Joh 16:13-15 WEB 13 However, when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you things that are coming. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take from what is mine and will declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are mine; therefore I said that he takes of mine and will declare it to you.

Perhaps you should explain yourself more thoroughly.

I'll add....

I think we find a little problem in saying the goings on in Rev 6 are the wrath of God. Here's why, Why would God show wrath to his people the saints at the coming of the fifth seal? That would be a Kingdom dividing against itself? God bringing wrath on his own people?

And when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony they had upheld. 10And they cried out in a loud voice, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You avenge our blood and judge those who dwell upon the earth?” Rev 6:9,10

We are caught up in the "air" because that is where we are UNITED with ALL the Saints in RESURRECTED Bodies.

The "Clouds" signify Authority over the earthbound peoples.
So, we won't actually be harpadzo'd to meet Jesus in the air?
Is there some secret rendezvous location where we'll all meet?

I think we find a little problem in saying the goings on in Rev 6 are the wrath of God. Here's why, Why would God show wrath to his people the saints at the coming of the fifth seal? That would be a Kingdom dividing against itself? God bringing wrath on his own people?

And when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony they had upheld. 10And they cried out in a loud voice, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You avenge our blood and judge those who dwell upon the earth?” Rev 6:9,10
I chose to include chapter 6 because it starts with the discussion of the scroll, and the seals.
No other reason.
Would you prefer I began with chapter 5?

So, to you... the 7 years described in Daniel 9 is merely rough spot in human history?
Considering that it's at least 6028 years so far, a mere blip ?
Wow ....

0.116% of human history.
That's pretty insignificant as far as time goes.

Rather curious that Jesus made it sound so intense.

He does after all say,

Mat 24:21 BSB For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again.

Why would he make such a bug deal out of such a short period of time? 0.116% of the human history and he says it's the worst part, which will never be repeated again....

You make it sound like it'll be a great time to be had for all.
Scripture says we will suffer tribulation. It also says we are not appointed to wrath. So scripture says there is a difference. And Revelation 6 tells you when the wrath begins.

Back
Top Bottom