Attitudes relative to The Atonement

praise_yeshua

Most every theological subject ultimately reveals the perspective of the student.

One of the clearest examples of this is how the "student" defends their view of the Atonement. To me, perspectives are often clearest when addressing this essential doctrine.

It would seem to me that some "feel better" or more "wanted" when they address The Atonement from a suffering perspective. Not try to deny suffering. Christ Jesus suffered more than any man has ever suffered in experiencing the death required by the Atonement. I'm not questioning such. Such suffering demands respect from ALL.

However, it would seem feel the more they extol the suffering of Jesus Christ, the better. The "more" they present Christ as suffering for them, the more they feel desired/wanted.

I would submit to you that such views should be "tempered" with the fact that the value of suffering comes not for how much He suffered but WHO it is that is suffering. The immaculate qualities of Divinity in Jesus Christ suffering for humanity. Even suffering for those who hate Him.

The wondrous value of Divinity on full display. The wondrous loving qualities of Jesus Christ is far more important than how "dirty" He had to get to accomplish the Atonement.

Ad hominem insults.

Accusations of motivation only God knows.

Very twisted and perverse... accuser of the brethren... display of dishonesty.

And this gets an "amen." There will be a Judgment some day if there is no repentance.

As if the core central truth of what Jesus' death means isn't worth defending.

Ad hominem insults.

And this gets an "amen." There will be a Judgment some day if there is no repentance.

I don’t think you understand the meaning of ad hominem.

“Ad hominem means “against the man,” and this type of fallacy is sometimes called name calling or the personal attack fallacy. This type of fallacy occurs when someone attacks the person instead of attacking his or her argument.”

You are the one using the ad hom with PY and projecting. The fallacy is from you.

Ad hominem insults.

I told the truth. The Truth is never dishonest.

Contrary to what you might believe, I wasn't targeting you in my comments. I was targeting every man. The Truth is more important than our acknowledgement of it.

I told the truth. The Truth is never dishonest.

Contrary to what you might believe, I wasn't targeting you in my comments. I was targeting every man. The Truth is more important than our acknowledgement of it.
Yes you did and the truth shall set you free. Some accept the truth while others reject the truth.

Back
Top Bottom