Yes, Calvinists—free will IS in the Bible.

It says it right there. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing [comes by] the word of God. If God doesn't give you hearing, then just hearing the words will not produce faith.
It is not saying God supernaturally changes the man so he can believe. The last sentence simply note the word of God is what men must place their faith in

Notice how you ignored every other verse posted so you could interpret Rom 10 contrary to the whole council of God

Revelation is all that is needed

John 5:45–47 (NASB 2020) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

John 1:6–7 (NASB 2020) — 6 A man came, one sent from God, and his name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.

John 17:20 (NASB 2020) — 20 “I am not asking on behalf of these alone, but also for those who believe in Me through their word,

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

It says it right there. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing [comes by] the word of God. If God doesn't give you hearing, then just hearing the words will not produce faith.
Unless he gives you the grace to have the hearing so that you can have faith. He Lets me hear the gospel and thought it gives me the grace to believe it and understand it, Then you would have faith to be able to choose to believe in the salvation offered by the sacrificing of Jesus Christ.

It is not saying God supernaturally changes the man so he can believe. The last sentence simply note the word of God is what men must place their faith in

Notice how you ignored every other verse posted so you could interpret Rom 10 contrary to the whole council of God

Revelation is all that is needed

John 5:45–47 (NASB 2020) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have put your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

John 1:6–7 (NASB 2020) — 6 A man came, one sent from God, and his name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.

John 17:20 (NASB 2020) — 20 “I am not asking on behalf of these alone, but also for those who believe in Me through their word,

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

Wrong.

Deuteronomy 29:2 describes how God performed miracles in the sight of the Jews. That was revelation. And they saw those things with their own eyes.

Your eyes have seen all that the Lord did in Egypt to Pharaoh, to all his officials and to all his land. 3 With your own eyes you saw those great trials, those signs and great wonders. 4 But to this day the Lord has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear.

That's what "hearing [comes by] the word of God" means. The Lord has to give you a mind that understand, eyes to see, and ears to hear, otherwise the revelation means nothing.

Wrong.

Deuteronomy 29:2 describes how God performed miracles in the sight of the Jews. That was revelation. And they saw those things with their own eyes.

Your eyes have seen all that the Lord did in Egypt to Pharaoh, to all his officials and to all his land. 3 With your own eyes you saw those great trials, those signs and great wonders. 4 But to this day the Lord has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear.

That's what "hearing [comes by] the word of God" means. The Lord has to give you a mind that understand, eyes to see, and ears to hear, otherwise the revelation means nothing.
He who has ears to hear let him hear. You are twisting scripture.

Man is born with hearing , sight , mind etc

Wrong.

Nope not wrong

Revelation does not guarantee faith but it does enable it

as per all those verses you just ignored

PS do You think you can include Moses and Joshua, Caleb

and if you want to speak about miracles

John 7:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?

Nope not wrong

Revelation does not guarantee faith but it does enable it

as per all those verses you just ignored

This verse says nothing about how one comes to believe.

This verse DOES says how one comes to believe.

PS do You think you can include Moses and Joshua, Caleb

and if you want to speak about miracles

John 7:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?

These verses say nothing about how one comes to believe.

Here's what you are missing. You can read the Gospel. You can read the author saying that the words are there so that you'll believe. You can hear the the words of the Gospel and be told that if you believe you have eternal life.

Some believe, and others don't. What's the difference? Scripture tells you the difference but you refuse to see it or admit it.

Unless God gives you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear, none of the words you hear or read will make you believe. It says it right in scripture in many places. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing [comes by] the word of God. Without ears to hear, the words you read and hear are just words. They only come to life if God grants you a mind that understands, eyes that see, and ears that hear.

Sure it does

One who believes Moses can believe Christ

Sure it does

If one believes John, one would believe Jesus

Sure it does, if you believe the apostles you will believe Jesus

This verse DOES says how one comes to believe.
Sure it does

Faith comes from hearing the word of God

Sure it does. If you believe what John wrote, you will believe Jesus

These verses say nothing about how one comes to believe.
Sure it does

Those who believed the woman believed Jesus

Here's what you are missing. You can read the Gospel. You can read the author saying that the words are there so that you'll believe. You can hear the the words of the Gospel and be told that if you believe you have eternal life.

Some believe, and others don't. What's the difference? Scripture tells you the difference but you refuse to see it or admit it.
The difference is you

Acts 16:30–31 (NASB 2020) — 30 and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

You can refuse to believe

2 Thessalonians 2:10 (NASB 2020) — 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not accept the love of the truth so as to be saved.

Scripture never anywhere states God effectually gives or infuses faith to some and with-holds it from others

That is the imagination of your theology

Is there any difference between 1st and 2nd cause with God ?
God IS first cause. All other causes are effects of his causing. I call all those causes, 'secondary', since the chains are so long there is no use in trying to number them down to the present.

And no, I don't mean by that, that he doesn't "insert" himself into time, as he pleases —he certainly does that, too.

(And there is a certain sense in which he is 'in' all things, "immanent", in which thought he is also in some way an immediate cause of all effects, but that doesn't work well in human thought, except in heretical excess.)

Did ever occur to you, God is not the first cause of your sin.
God is not the "immediate cause" of my sin. First cause does not mean he is a direct cause of my sinning, but I can't say that he did not intend for things to fall out precisely as they have, when he created the universe. He is, after all, omnipotent. And logical.

God is not the "immediate cause" of my sin. First cause does not mean he is a direct cause of my sinning, but I can't say that he did not intend for things to fall out precisely as they have, when he created the universe. He is, after all, omnipotent. And logical.
He is not the first cause of it either

God IS first cause. All other causes are effects of his causing. I call all those causes, 'secondary', since the chains are so long there is no use in trying to number them down to the present.

And no, I don't mean by that, that he doesn't "insert" himself into time, as he pleases —he certainly does that, too.

(And there is a certain sense in which he is 'in' all things, "immanent", in which thought he is also in some way an immediate cause of all effects, but that doesn't work well in human thought, except in heretical excess.)

Of all the Crazy theology ive ever heard, and reader, ive heard the JW's, ive heard "Satan is the Brother of Jesus"...by the Mormons...

Ive heard a lot of just "crazy" theology, but, it could be said that the craziest theology that people believe and teach, regarding their broken and backwards idea of "christianity".

It could be that this one, is the darkest of them all..

1.) "You must be born again, before you can believe in Jesus".

See that one?
That one is Theological insanity.

Back
Top Bottom