Women in Ministry

101G

1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

here, God has set/ordain some in the Church, ...... "FIRST", not only but FIRST. and the term set here is ordained.
Question time, are these Works/Ministries for men only, regardless of nationality, creed, or color? we say no. WHY? Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
now if any of the Gifts of God are for men/Gender wise "ONLY", then God is a respecter of Person, (which he is not). Knowing that God is no respecter of person, why are ...... by some ... "NOT ALL" Christian denominations still forbid women from the ministry, especially in leadership roles.

let's examine what the bible say, and let's all learn the TRUTH. let's first start with Prophets and teachers, and work our way to preachers, pastors, and apostles. and let's keep Galatians 3:28 and 1 Corinthians 12:28 in mind while we discuss these calls to work/ministries.

first, FEMALE as Prophets.

"The Female Prophet".
Even in the OT Women were prophets, but since we’re under a NEW COVENANT, we will examine women under the NT.

Scripture, Acts 21:8 "And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him." Acts 21:9 "And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy." so we see females are prophets in the NT also.

Two things. A. are they not ordained. And B. are they preachers also. We say yes. A. Ordained, 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues." Here “SET” is the Greek word G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
1. to place.
2. (properly) to lay in a passive or horizontal posture.
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down

The KJV renders it also as “Ordained”. and again the apostle Paul uses it in 1 Timothy 2:7 "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." So clearly according to 1 Corinthians 12:28, prophets are “ORDAINED” and females are prophets. So why are some denominations refusing to “ordain” women even as prophets, remember, there are neither Male nor Female in Christ Jesus, and God has 'ORDAIN" in his church "PROPHETS". f God ordained prophets why are we not?

NEXT, Do prophet “preach?” yes, OT reference. Jonah was a prophet correct. did he preach? Let the word of God tell us. Jonah 3:1 "And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying," Jonah 3:2 "Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee."

So prophets preach also. Not just only foretelling future events only. So this will start us off on Prophets, next …. “PASTORS”…. (smile).

"Female Pastors" or the "Female Bishop".
The title of Pastors and Bishops are synonyms in being a senior member of the Christian clergy. the very first thing to understand is that Pastors and Bishops are a work and not an OFFICE. and being a work, it's a "GIFT". what do 101G mean?

these terms what we in the western world call "Offices" are really a work of God....... note, a work..... of God, meaning it's a "GIFT" from God to do a "WORK". let's see this in scripture.

What is the Work of Pastor? let the scriptures define this "WORK". Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding." now knowing that how is this work a "GIFT" of God. answer, it is the First listed "GIFT" in 1 Corinthians 12:7 where we have the Spiritual gifts listed. and here is the first one the Pastoral Gift. "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;"

so we have "the word of wisdom", and "the word of knowledge". in Jeremiah 3:15 a pastor feed with " knowledge and understanding." we have "KNOWLEDGE" but what about "UNDERSTANDING?". our answer come from Proverbs 14:33 "Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known." wisdom produce "KNOWLEDGE". but it said the .... "word" .... of Wisdom. meaning wisdom is spoken. here it is. Proverbs 10:13 "In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding." BINGO, the lips ... "words".

now the very first Gift of the Holy Spirit that is listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8 is the PASTORAL GIFT, "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;"

so, the work of a Pastor, or Bishop is to FEED with knowledge and understanding just as Jeremiah 3:15 clearly state. and to feed is to Speak. in the form of A. Teaching, and Preaching..... (smile). meaning by the LIPS.

knowing this, this set the stage for women in ministry as yes, Pastors, and Bishops.

next time Female Bishops in the scriptures right before our eyes.

101G.

Question time, are these Works/Ministries for men only, regardless of nationality, creed, or color? we say no. WHY? Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Answer time:

That is a misapplication of this passage. It has to do with the soteriological standing of believers in the eyes of God. Christians are all equal in terms of salvation. There are no "favorites" in God's eyes as to whom He saves.

Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: In the church of God, when dealing with salvation, there are no barriers (Man, page 435).

Answer time:

That is a misapplication of this passage. It has to do with the soteriological standing of believers in the eyes of God. Christians are all equal in terms of salvation. There are no "favorites" in God's eyes as to whom He saves.

Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: In the church of God, when dealing with salvation, there are no barriers (Man, page 435).
LOL, LOL, LOL, poor excuse. did you not read and..... "UNDERSTAND?' Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

ye all are "ONE" in Christ. this has nothing to do with salvation. one is the same..... lol, there in no difference... Oh my God....

now try again..... :whistle:

101G

it seem from observation only. not to many have basic bible training. no put down, but it's so clear.

101G.

1 Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

see the post below.
101G.
That's the only limitation I see. But if there's no man to teach I see no problem for a woman to be able to teach. As far as the being silent in church part. I think that's talking about don't ask a bunch of questions wait till you get home and ask your husband.

Today in our culture just about every church has a women's ministry. Remember that old saying "Don't put God In the box". He can make the stones cry out if he wants to use a woman in Ministry he will.

1 Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

see the post below.

No.

I refuse to read long-winded ransom note like responses with just your opinion being blabbered on and on.

Scripture, Acts 21:8 "And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him." Acts 21:9 "And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy." so we see females are prophets in the NT also.

And yet while Paul was at this house with these 4 females there, God saw to it to bring a male prophet (Agabus) to let Paul know what the Holy Spirit said (Acts 21:11).

Last edited:
Thats's an excuse to ignore something He already made clear about.
Not really. But your reply is a typical stereotype. As Christian Women our desire is to free ourselves from the stereotypes and expectations people have of us, we have to begin by recognizing those stereotypes.

As long as women are in ministry, there will be stereotypes and roles that people expect us to fulfill. When we are confident of God’s welcome because of Christ’s work for us, we can be free from the power that people’s opinions have over us. We will have to engage their expectations at times, but that is different from living under their weight.

We may not always have the approval of the people around us, but we have God’s approval because of the righteousness of his Son. As we are strengthened by these gospel realities, we will find ourselves better able to serve without the extra baggage of roles and stereotypes.

So let me repeat myself.

Remember that old saying "Don't put God In the box". He can make the stones cry out if he wants to use a woman in Ministry he will.

I refuse to read long-winded ransom note like responses with just your opinion being blabbered on and on.
this is why you're still Ignorant of the Word of God. but you will read some other man's long winded ransom note.... (smile).

101G.

Back
Top Bottom