Whose Love Is It?

jeremiah1five

1 NOW these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob.
2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah,
3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin,
4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.
Exodus 1:1–5.

37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.
Exodus 12:37.

19 As the LORD commanded Moses, so he numbered them in the wilderness of Sinai. Numbers 1:19.

46 Even all they that were numbered were six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty.
Numbers 1:46.

Or 603,550 men not counting women and children. Some estimate the population of Hebrews God delivered from their Egyptian bondage at several million souls in 400-430 years of their sojourn in Egypt. They were fruitful and multiplied.

The Mosaic Covenant although clearly made originally at Mount Sinai (Horeb) was made at a couple of locations, reiterated, new codes added, and again after Joshua entered Canaan. I want to focus on the "Book of Holiness' which is Leviticus. It was the sign of circumcision and the Holiness of God and His command to the children of Israel to holy living which set them apart from Gentiles (non-covenant, non-Hebrews) despite later acts of idolatry and other sins before God that the children of Israel committed in her history looking forward.
So, whose love's got to do with it? God's.
And the children of Israel's.

After God instructed Moses to build an earthly Tabernacle fashioned after the heavenly Tabernacle God situated each tribe to be camped around the Tabernacle with the tribe of Levi closest and on each side. God placed each tribe's encampment three tribes to the north, three tribes to the west, three tribes to the south, and three tribes to the east, so that from the air it took the shape of a cross. Again, the children of Israel numbered between three and four million people. Along with the Laws of God including the Social Laws, the Ceremonial Laws, and the Moral Laws, God gave instruction to the twelve tribes on love:

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:17–18.

Here's the key:
"Brother" is identified as a member of the same tribe.
"Neighbor" is identified as a member of another tribe camped near (adjacent to) another tribe.
"Children of thy people" are identified as a member of any other tribe.

Later, after the death of Solomon the unified kingdom divided into a northern kingdom (ten tribes), and a southern kingdom (two tribes.) The two kingdoms went to war against each other many times and there was great hatred and animosity between them. The northern kingdom had 19 kings, and the southern kingdom had 20 kings (and one queen regent.) Later, both kingdoms eventually were conquered and taken into exile by Assyria and Babylon, respectively, as punishment from God for their sins and idolatry. When king C thrown inyrus of Babylon allowed the two southern tribes to return to their land only a remnant returned as the majority of exiled "Jews" remained in Gentile lands. While in Babylon and without a Temple Judaism was founded as a means of keeping with the Mosaic Covenant Law. The remnant that did return (10% of total) were from the tribe of Judah with some Benjaminite's also leaving. Nearly six hundred years later Israel's Promised Deliverer, Redeemer, Messiah, and King would arrive. Now, I brought this up because as King of the Jews Jesus addressed His people's tribal hatred and animosities from the past in His Sermon on the Mount and Jesus changed nothing when He was here in Israel visiting, healing, teaching and finally dying for His people Israel.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Mt 5:17.

Jesus in the role as King of the Jews said:

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Mt 5:43–48.

For nearly 1900 years since the destruction of the Second Jewish Temple in A.D. 70 Gentiles have taken Jesus' words as though Jesus was speaking to them, but He wasn't. Jesus is speaking to His people Israel, conquered, and occupied, but nevertheless Jesus is addressing the descendants of the twelve tribes of Israel. He mentions the instruction and command in Leviticus given to the children of Israel during the Tabernacle's existence and attempts to address kingdom hatreds and animosities. The instruction and command in Leviticus are to and for the children of Israel. Jesus' teaching in Matthew is to help bring a healing between the kingdom tribes but such successful unification will not take place until Jesus returns a second time to war and make judgment against non-Hebrew, non-covenant Gentiles with the armies of heaven and to sit on the throne of David and shepherd His people and to rule everyone else with a rod of iron. This instruction and command from God on love was never given to Gentiles. This covenant love is holy as God is holy. And since God doesn't cast His pearls to swine (Gentiles), nor does He give that which is holy to dogs (Gentiles) it is clear from Scripture that the instruction and command on love and who to love and how is given specifically to the twelve tribes of the House of Israel, NOT Gentiles.
Salvation is of the Jews.
Who's love, is it?
It belongs to God and His covenant people Israel
This is the biblical theology on love.

1 NOW these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt; every man and his household came with Jacob.
2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah,
3 Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin,
4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
5 And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already.
Exodus 1:1–5.

37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.
Exodus 12:37.

19 As the LORD commanded Moses, so he numbered them in the wilderness of Sinai. Numbers 1:19.

46 Even all they that were numbered were six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty.
Numbers 1:46.

Or 603,550 men not counting women and children. Some estimate the population of Hebrews God delivered from their Egyptian bondage at several million souls in 400-430 years of their sojourn in Egypt. They were fruitful and multiplied.

The Mosaic Covenant although clearly made originally at Mount Sinai (Horeb) was made at a couple of locations, reiterated, new codes added, and again after Joshua entered Canaan. I want to focus on the "Book of Holiness' which is Leviticus. It was the sign of circumcision and the Holiness of God and His command to the children of Israel to holy living which set them apart from Gentiles (non-covenant, non-Hebrews) despite later acts of idolatry and other sins before God that the children of Israel committed in her history looking forward.
So, whose love's got to do with it? God's.
And the children of Israel's.

After God instructed Moses to build an earthly Tabernacle fashioned after the heavenly Tabernacle God situated each tribe to be camped around the Tabernacle with the tribe of Levi closest and on each side. God placed each tribe's encampment three tribes to the north, three tribes to the west, three tribes to the south, and three tribes to the east, so that from the air it took the shape of a cross. Again, the children of Israel numbered between three and four million people. Along with the Laws of God including the Social Laws, the Ceremonial Laws, and the Moral Laws, God gave instruction to the twelve tribes on love:

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:17–18.

Here's the key:
"Brother" is identified as a member of the same tribe.
"Neighbor" is identified as a member of another tribe camped near (adjacent to) another tribe.
"Children of thy people" are identified as a member of any other tribe.

Later, after the death of Solomon the unified kingdom divided into a northern kingdom (ten tribes), and a southern kingdom (two tribes.) The two kingdoms went to war against each other many times and there was great hatred and animosity between them. The northern kingdom had 19 kings, and the southern kingdom had 20 kings (and one queen regent.) Later, both kingdoms eventually were conquered and taken into exile by Assyria and Babylon, respectively, as punishment from God for their sins and idolatry. When king C thrown inyrus of Babylon allowed the two southern tribes to return to their land only a remnant returned as the majority of exiled "Jews" remained in Gentile lands. While in Babylon and without a Temple Judaism was founded as a means of keeping with the Mosaic Covenant Law. The remnant that did return (10% of total) were from the tribe of Judah with some Benjaminite's also leaving. Nearly six hundred years later Israel's Promised Deliverer, Redeemer, Messiah, and King would arrive. Now, I brought this up because as King of the Jews Jesus addressed His people's tribal hatred and animosities from the past in His Sermon on the Mount and Jesus changed nothing when He was here in Israel visiting, healing, teaching and finally dying for His people Israel.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Mt 5:17.

Jesus in the role as King of the Jews said:

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Mt 5:43–48.

For nearly 1900 years since the destruction of the Second Jewish Temple in A.D. 70 Gentiles have taken Jesus' words as though Jesus was speaking to them, but He wasn't. Jesus is speaking to His people Israel, conquered, and occupied, but nevertheless Jesus is addressing the descendants of the twelve tribes of Israel. He mentions the instruction and command in Leviticus given to the children of Israel during the Tabernacle's existence and attempts to address kingdom hatreds and animosities. The instruction and command in Leviticus are to and for the children of Israel. Jesus' teaching in Matthew is to help bring a healing between the kingdom tribes but such successful unification will not take place until Jesus returns a second time to war and make judgment against non-Hebrew, non-covenant Gentiles with the armies of heaven and to sit on the throne of David and shepherd His people and to rule everyone else with a rod of iron. This instruction and command from God on love was never given to Gentiles. This covenant love is holy as God is holy. And since God doesn't cast His pearls to swine (Gentiles), nor does He give that which is holy to dogs (Gentiles) it is clear from Scripture that the instruction and command on love and who to love and how is given specifically to the twelve tribes of the House of Israel, NOT Gentiles.
Salvation is of the Jews.
Who's love, is it?
It belongs to God and His covenant people Israel
This is the biblical theology on love.
1 John 3:10–24 (KJV 1900) — 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. 11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous. 13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 3:10–24 (KJV 1900) — 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. 11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous. 13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away THEIR sins. Rom. 11:25–27.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away THEIR sins. Rom. 11:25–27.
You ignored this

Romans 9:6 (KJV 1900) — 6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Romans 9:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Last edited:
You ignored this

Romans 9:6 (KJV 1900) — 6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Romans 9:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
No, I didn't ignore it because I know that Saul would not say anything contrary that is in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets.

No, I didn't ignore it because I know that Saul would not say anything contrary that is in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets.
Yeah you did

You ignored this

Back
Top Bottom