What's Love Got To Do With It?

Stop dancing around the truth.

In the book of Holy, God commands Moses to instruct the children of Jacob/Israel the following:

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. 18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:17–18.

When this command was given the twelve tribes of Israel were situated by God around the Tabernacle in assigned encampments. Consider that God delivered over 3 million Hebrews out of Egypt. In the book of Numbers Balaam looked down into the Jordan valley from his perch atop a mountain and looking down into the valley said:

11 Behold, there is a people come out of Egypt, which covereth the face of the earth:
Numbers 22:11.

God situated three tribes to the north of the Tabernacle, three tribes to the south, three tribes to the east, and three tribes to the west of the Tabernacle.

Now, with this, here is the understanding of the command and instruction God gave Moses for the children of Israel:

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother [member of the same tribe] in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour [member of another tribe living next to you], and not suffer sin upon him.
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people [member of any tribe], but thou shalt love thy neighbour [member of another tribe living next to you] as thyself: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:17–18.

In other words, God commanded the children of Israel of twelve tribes to love their fellow tribesmen in covenant with God. Additionally, God never commanded nor instructed His covenant people to love anyone not in covenant, in this case, Gentiles. On the contrary. God commands Israel of twelve tribes to not mingle with the nations ("goyim" = Gentiles) nor learn their ways.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:17–19.

Jesus also taught and upheld all of God's commands under the Law of Moses, especially the original command on love:

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:43–48.

From the time of the original command on love by God to the children of Israel, Israel experienced a great deal of history. Part of that history is that after the death of Solomon the twelve tribes divided into two kingdoms, each claiming to be the rightful heir of Solomon. Ten tribes to the north called the northern kingdom, and two tribes to the south called the southern kingdom. And they were bitter enemies and went to war against each other many times. By the time Jesus walked the Holy Land the tribal hatred and animosities still existed between the tribes. Even right before Jesus' ascension the kingdom was fresh in their minds' believing Jesus was their Promised Messiah and King sent to deliver Israel from her enemies.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6.

But the question was which kingdom. Northern ten tribes, or southern two tribes? Jesus went beyond their question earlier as their King He tried to instruct His people in the original command and to obey it.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:43–48.

In context of Jesus' words, He is instructing the people of twelve tribes gathered to hear Him teach to the original command of loving your brother and your neighbor.

Since any change in the Law of Moses would effectually destroy the Law of Moses - and the religious leaders accused Jesus of trying to change the Law of Moses in His teaching - Jesus instead taught the people to obey the Law of Moses especially in the original command on love.

What it comes down to is this: In the original command God instructed Israel of twelve tribes to love their covenant brethren and their fellow covenant neighbor. Jesus taught His people Israel to obedience to the original command on love and who to love: He commanded them to love those, and only those, in covenant with God. God nor Jesus never commanded His people in covenant to love anyone outside of covenant with God. Never.

But the Gentile church in the past and today teach opposing God and His Christ. They teach Jesus DID change the Law of Moses and that His people - the Christians or Christ followers - are to love the non-covenant or unsaved sinner whose sins are unatoned and outside the family of God. But Jesus didn't change the Law of Moses. The error is the Gentile church who misunderstand the biblical teaching on love and are taught that continuing error from the pulpit that Christians are to love those not in covenant with God or in other words the unsaved.

Now, I have rightly divided the Scripture on the Biblical definition of/on love and now you judge. Am I right?

Or will you as Gentile Christian continue to give that which is Holy (God's love) to dogs (non-covenant, unsaved.)

Will you cast your pearls to swine (unsaved)?

Are you a Christ follower or a Christ opposer.

I think some of us on this forum, myself included need to work on this one.

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].1 Co 13:5.

The Greek word for rude means shameful or disgraceful behavior.

I think love is an essential attribute of God. The Bible makes it clear that “God is love”

He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.
9 In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God loved us so [very much], we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:8–11

He isn't just loving, but he is the very definition of love.
Yes he is and its sad that few on earth know him. Why? Because of the schools of men taught teachers and their dogmas that contradict him. Jesus' real teachers on earth now= Matt 24:45) these get holy spirit guiding them into all truth just as Jesus promised. And at the proper time( When God wills a truth known) they share with the domestics. None who are not taught by these walk in the light but remain in darkness and have twisted Gods truths into oblivion.
Here is a fact about Gods amazing love that he has that few know= The resurrection. Blind guides teach that it will be to judgement of ones past sins-they are wrong. God passed judgement on ones sin in this lifetime= The wages sin pays is death. Thus when one dies has paid in full the wages of their sin. At Romans 6:7 teaches-one is acquitted of all past sin at death. Thus the resurrection = Ones get an opportunity during Jesus thousand year reign as Gods appointed king, with no satan influences around in a more perfect state of being on a paradise earth, to learn and apply Gods will. But the reason satan gets loosed for a little while is to test their faith--Rev 20 shows many will fall and be destroyed, those who remain faithful get their names written in Gods book of life. It would be senseless for God to resurrect the wicked to tell them you must be destroyed and kill them again when they already are dead. Gods love is outstanding.

I think some of us on this forum, myself included need to work on this one.

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].1 Co 13:5.

The Greek word for rude means shameful or disgraceful behavior.
Yeah I think I've got to work on this too. It can be so easy to slip into questionable conduct in the ways and manner in how we express ourselves. I'm a firm believer too that whatever FAITH we have must work through LOVE. I apologize to any and all right now if at times I may have crossed the line into manifesting forth a wrong spirit in how I've shared. Might even be time for me to seek to get other type of threads going that might instill more peace, strength, love and encouragement. God Bless. :)

Jesus explained it exactly when he said IF YOU LOVE ME, then do what I tell you to do. "BIBLICAL Love" is all about OBEDIENCE TO YOUR LORD, and nothing about emotional infatuation.
And His commandments is the Torah.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: Acts 21:20.

Speaking of Saul:

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law
Acts 21:24.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:14.

Those that do not obey God's Torah:

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev. 22:15.

And the end of these Gentiles is as follows:

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev. 20:10.

God will "cancel" them out!

love totally IS feeling.

God has feelings and is vulnerable to His souls.

Twas the Greeks who had unfeeling logical gods (=demons) impervious to feeling. Sociopaths have no feeling.

love totally IS feeling.

God has feelings and is vulnerable to His souls.

Twas the Greeks who had unfeeling logical gods (=demons) impervious to feeling. Sociopaths have no feeling.
Man has feelings. God does not.
Feelings in man are like a rollercoaster, up and down.
God does not have these feelings as man does. Christ did not rely on feelings but on the very unchangeable unmoved Word of God.
Which is what He commands us to do also.

God does not have these feelings as man does. Christ did not rely on feelings but on the very unchangeable unmoved Word of God.
You just described aristotle's pagan unmoved mover.

What you wrote is the Greek pagan point of view passed down by the vatican.

to do that would be sociopathic.

God doesnt say what the vatican says. Everything the vatican says is backwards.
No, man tries to say what God says because God said it first.
There are seven laws God gave mankind who were not mankind but were called Adamites for the term mankind did not exist. But all today and yesterday's mankind took the Mosaic Laws given to Israel and copied them into their law books in their respective societies. Even the UN has such laws in their charter however they don't want the God who gave them as part of their devilish form of ungodly government.
God came first like the chicken.

No, man tries to say what God says because God said it first.
There are seven laws God gave mankind who were not mankind but were called Adamites for the term mankind did not exist. But all today and yesterday's mankind took the Mosaic Laws given to Israel and copied them into their law books in their respective societies. Even the UN has such laws in their charter however they don't want the God who gave them as part of their devilish form of ungodly government.
God came first like the chicken.
but since what they say and wrote is not what God said... then

they have made alterations.

this is breaking the first commandment.

and....
the adamites and eden are not on this earth

Have you had men who said they loved you? Then they didn't?
Do you want a God so fickle? That He loves you today but won't tomorrow?
C'mon, think!
that's not the same topic...

also
the darling sweet man
who loves me is not fickle
and neither is God

having deep feeling does not make God fickle. What makes men unstable is the carnal mind and its flesh body (this body)

feelings were associated and limited to flesh by plato in relation to his pagan views.
he is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom