What are your views on the Antichrist?

What is the connection between the Sabbath and the OP of this thread .... "what are your views on the antichrist?
Just wondering .... talk about being off topic.
I said in post #21 that Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, so he is the man of lawfulness, and by contrast the antichrist is the man of lawlessness (2 Thessalonians 2:3) and @dwight92070 claims in post #27 that Jesus broke the Sabbath.

Our choice in whether or not to follow God's law, including our choice of whether to keep the Sabbath holy, is a choice between whether to follow the man of lawfulness or the man of lawlessness.

The nation of Israel has always been God’s clock or timepiece, revealing where we are on God’s prophetic calendar. The Jewish people, who were expelled from their ancient homeland for almost two thousand years beginning in the year AD 70, have been back in their land as a modern nation since 1948. That event, predicted often in the Old Testament, was a key signal that the end of the age was approaching.

Since 1948 the tiny nation of Israel has been surrounded by a sea of enemies who want to wipe her off the face of the earth. Israel has often been the eye of the hurricane in global events. For decades world leaders have worked to forge a lasting peace in the Middle East. The Antichrist will finally make it happen.

But will actually be ushering in a false, counterfeit, temporary peace for the Middle East—a peace that will briefly include the entire world

So, for a brief time after the Rapture, in the early days of the Tribulation, after the initial chaos settles, things appear to be looking up. But don’t be deceived; this is merely the calm before the storm.

Speaking of this time, the apostle Paul prophesied, “For when they say, ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape”. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

The brief period of peace comes crashing down and gives way to the time of tribulation, also known as the “day of the Lord.”

I said in post #21 that Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, so he is the man of lawfulness, and by contrast the antichrist is the man of lawlessness (2 Thessalonians 2:3) and @dwight92070 claims in post #27 that Jesus broke the Sabbath.

Our choice in whether or not to follow God's law, including our choice of whether to keep the Sabbath holy, is a choice between whether to follow the man of lawfulness or the man of lawlessness.

o.k. - I think I get it now, you don't believe that there will ever be a literal person referred to as the antichrist to head up the last kingdom/government to rule prior to Christ's Return. That is to say ... the term "the man of lawlessness" is exclusively a personification., that is ... a figure of speech intended to represent an abstract quality. [i.e. - the 'spirit' of lawlessness]. If this is your perspective, then your belief appears to line up with the traditional amillennial viewpoint.

Last edited:
o.k. - I think I get it now, you don't believe that there will ever be a literal person referred to as the antichrist to head up the last kingdom/government to rule prior to Christ's Return. That is to say ... the term "the man of lawlessness" is exclusively a personification., that is ... a figure of speech intended to represent an abstract quality. [i.e. - the 'spirit' of lawlessness]. If this is your perspective, then your belief appears to line up with the traditional amillennial viewpoint.
If I recall correctly, there are verses that refer to antichrists and the antichrist. These are literal people who oppose Christ and one who has a specific role just as there are literal Christs (anointed ones) and the one Christ who has a specific role. For some reason some people think it is a good idea to oppose obeying what God has commanded while Christ us God's word made flesh, so he is the embodiment of what God has commanded.

What flesh-born servant of the devil has ever had the power of great signs, wonders, and raining fire down from heaven in the sight of men?? and could almost, IF it were possible, even deceive Christ's very elect by those miracles?

Name just one.

If I recall correctly, there are verses that refer to antichrists and the antichrist. These are literal people who oppose Christ and one who has a specific role just as there are literal Christs (anointed ones) and the one Christ who has a specific role. For some reason some people think it is a good idea to oppose obeying what God has commanded while Christ us God's word made flesh, so he is the embodiment of what God has commanded.

o.k.- so perhaps you are proposing that all those who oppose Christ and His commands are literal people called "antichrists" and there will never be a literal person referred to as "the antichrist" to head up the last kingdom/government to rule prior to Christ's Return. If this is your perspective, then your belief appears to line up with the traditional amillennial viewpoint.

o.k.- so perhaps you are proposing that all those who oppose Christ and His commands are literal people called "antichrists" and there will never be a literal person referred to as "the antichrist" to head up the last kingdom/government to rule prior to Christ's Return. If this is your perspective, then your belief appears to line up with the traditional amillennial viewpoint.
I have not suggested that there will not be a literal antichrist or that I have an amillennial viewpoint.

It is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20) and Jesus was sinless, which means that he never broke any of its laws, which includes never breaking the Sabbath, and for you to suggest that he did it to say that he sinned and therefore to deny that he is our Savior. It is contradictory for someone to think that the Pharisees were correct in thinking that Jesus broke the Sabbath by healing on it while also thinking that Jesus was correct about it being lawful to heal on the Sabbath. It has always been lawful to heal on the Sabbath, so Jesus was correct and those who think that he broke the Sabbath are incorrect.

The Bible never lists which laws are ceremonial and never even refers to that as being a category of law. Sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so he did not break any of the laws that you have dubbed to be ceremonial laws. In John 14:24, Jesus said that his teachings were not his own, but that of the Father, so he did not teach his own set of commands. John 15:10, Jesus said that he obeyed the Father's commands without making an exceptions for "ceremonial laws" and he equated his commands with those of the Father, so he did not command anything other than the Mosaic Law.

Colossians 2:14 it is speaking about the list of our transgressions of the Mosaic Law being nailed to Christ's cross and about him dying in our place to pay the penalty for our lawlessness, not about the Mosaic Law being nailed to the cross. In Titus 2:14, it does not say that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from the Mosaic Law, but in order to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20) while returning to the lawlessness that he gave himself to redeem us from would be the way to reject what he accomplished from the cross. In

Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is a central part of the Gospel message, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to all nations (Matthew 24:12-14), and which he commissioned his disciples to bring to the nations (Matthew 28:16-20). In Romans 15:4, Paul said that OT Scripture was written for our instruction and in 15:18-19, his Gospel involved bringing Gentiles to obedience in word and in deed, so his Gospel was on the same page about teaching repentance from our sins.
Jesus touched dead bodies several times, in violation of the law. Sure He was raising the dead, but He had to touch the dead body first, in order to raise it, which is a violation of the law. When the Pharisees accused His disciples of breaking the Sabbath by picking heads of grain, Jesus DID NOT claim that they were not violating the Sabbath. Instead He referred them to the incident with David, when he and his men were hungry, and the priest gave them the showbread, which Jesus admitted was NOT LAWFUL. So He was acknowledging that what His disciples were doing was unlawful on the Sabbath. So what was Jesus' justification for them doing that? "The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." Just like a police officer can violate the speed limit laws because of who he is, without being accused of breaking the law, so Jesus had the authority and right to break the Sabbath if He wanted to, or to allow His disciples to break the Sabbath, because He was the Lord.

So could He also break the law that says, "Do not commit adultery."? Or "Do not steal."? Of course not, because that would violate His own moral character. These laws are moral laws and Jesus never violated them. Now you see why, whether you like it or not, the laws naturally fall into different categories: Moral, ceremonial, and civil. A moral law is a law, if broken, that would violate the character of God. These laws were retained in the New Testament, from the Old. Every other law is to be considered obsolete -Hebrews 8:13

Jesus told the man on the pallet to "Get up, pick up your pallet, and go home." on the Sabbath. He was commanding the man to break the Sabbath, which essentially means He Himself was breaking it - again, without sin.

Paul was vehemently against the Gentile believers getting circumcised, in order to keep the law. The whole book of Galatians informs us that we are no longer under the Mosaic law. Paul said we are under the law of Christ, NOT the law of Moses. "He abolished in His flesh the enmity , which is the law of commandments contained in ordinances." Ephesians 2:15

You said that He did not command anything other than the Mosaic law. You are greatly mistaken. What commandment of Moses tells us to pray secretly - or even to just pray? Or to give secretly to charity? Or to forgive 70 X 7? Or to lay up treasures in heaven? Or to love your enemies? Or to go the 2nd mile, if forced to go one mile? Or to abide in Him? Or to not use an oath? Or to not lust? Or to first be reconciled to your brother, then bring your gift to God? Or to let your light shine? Or to not cast your pearls before swine? Or to choose the narrow path? Or to deny yourself? Or to be born again? Or to give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Or to go into all the world and preach the gospel (not the law of Moses) etc., etc. The list goes on and on.
No, He commanded His apostles to go into all the world and make disciples, teaching them to observe everything that He commanded them, NOT the Law and NOT the Ten Commandments.

Do you believe that every firstborn male must be circumcised, as the Law requires? Do you make 3 trips a year to Jerusalem, as the Law requires? Do you believe that the dietary laws of Moses must be obeyed, as the Law requires? Do you wear clothing that has two or more different kinds of material? You might answer: Yes, I wear it, but I didn't make it. Well, even if you just buy and wear that type of clothing, then you are encouraging other people to violate the Law of Moses. If you have a daughter and she commits adultery, would you believe that she deserves the death penalty? If you have a married brother who dies without children, would you feel it is your obligation, as the law commands, to marry his widow, as the law requires? The Law allowed slaves, so would you consider "owning" a slave and abiding by all the laws about slaves? The Law allowed you, if you're married, to divorce your wife for reasons other than immorality, whereas Jesus said that was the ONLY exception, so would you obey the Law or Jesus, if you wanted a divorce? If you're going to live by the Law of Moses, you can't pick and choose which law you're going to obey and which one you're not.

Do you see how foolish it is to think that we are still commanded to keep the Law of Moses? The Law of Moses was given ONLY to the nation of Israel, when they came out of Egypt, NEVER to any other nation or people, and it was done away with when Jesus died on the cross.

By the way, we are expected not only to obey all of Jesus' commands, but every command given in the New Testament, written by His apostles. I have heard that the New Testament contains over 1000 commands, even more than Moses required.

The visions came from God, not from me. The Holy Spirit even told me the birthday of the anti Christ. Guess who it was.

I truly believe your visions came from God. Here's another video revealing who's really running the show ... although, of course, the scoffers think it's all a joke ... sadly, the joke is on them.

"OH-BUM-AS MINIONS SLIP UP"

Back
Top Bottom