Wars and Rumors of Wars, Earthquakes in Various Places

The Rogue Tomato

Has there ever been a time when there were no wars, no rumors of wars, or no earthquakes in various places? If these are the beginnings of birth pains that we may recognize, how will future wars/rumors of wars and earthquakes in various places differ from what has already been going on for countless years?

Good question but the magnitude and frequency has increased in our day.

Has it? We've had many more and bigger wars in the past. According to USGS earthquakes are no more frequent or of greater intensity than average. I can't argue with that from authority, but I know some who follow earthquakes and call the agency USBS and the point-nine society, because they're constantly reclassifying large earthquakes to a lower level to keep the average low. For example, they often take a 7.3 earthquake and reclassify it as 6.9 to keep the average lower than reality. The European agencies tend to stick with the original magnitude.

Has it? We've had many more and bigger wars in the past. According to USGS earthquakes are no more frequent or of greater intensity than average. I can't argue with that from authority, but I know some who follow earthquakes and call the agency USBS and the point-nine society, because they're constantly reclassifying large earthquakes to a lower level to keep the average low. For example, they often take a 7.3 earthquake and reclassify it as 6.9 to keep the average lower than reality. The European agencies tend to stick with the original magnitude.
I haven’t researched the data. So maybe I’ll look into it soon.

Has there ever been a time when there were no wars, no rumors of wars, or no earthquakes in various places? If these are the beginnings of birth pains that we may recognize, how will future wars/rumors of wars and earthquakes in various places differ from what has already been going on for countless years?

Well, firstly, we have to listen to what Lord Jesus actually said there in Matthew 24:6...

Matt 24:6
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass,
but the end is not yet.
KJV

Have you ever wondered why most preachers leave off explanation of that last phrase in red, "but the end is not yet."? What did our Lord Jesus mean by that, because it affects what He said just previous about wars and rumors of wars?

The "end" Lord Jesus was referring to there is about the events of the end of this world leading up to His future return. He was pointing to the time of "great tribulation", the last 3 and 1/2 years of this present world.

Most pre-trib rapture theory preachers don't even quote that "but the end is not yet" part, but leave it off.

Think about it, if wars and rumors of wars happening means a time when the END is not yet, what does that mean? It means the END will be recognized by the OPPOSITE of wars and rumors of war. And the opposite means a time of 'peace'.

That is not often taught in today's Churches, especially the pre-trib rapture theory Churches. But it should be, because by that last clause Jesus told us what 'kind' of time the end, or tribulation, would be like.

Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5 also gave us this huge hint that the end leading up to Christ's future return would be a time of world peace, although a false peace...

1 Thess 5:1-4
5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
KJV

Apostle Paul was pulling that from the Old Testament prophets about the "day of the Lord", which is the very last day of this world when Jesus returns to gather His elect and end this present world. Per Rev.16:15, Lord Jesus said He comes "as a thief", and that is in reference to His coming on that "day of the Lord".

Notice above that when the wicked begin to say, "Peace and safety", then that "sudden destruction" will come upon them.

That means at the very end of this world, pointing to the time of "great tribulation" Lord Jesus warned us about in His Olivet discourse, it will be a time of world peace, although a fake peace. The pre-trib rapture school is against this idea which is actually the very Scripture matter that Apostle Paul and Lord Jesus pointed us to. The Book of Daniel covered this idea of a false peace by the coming Antichrist at the end also (see Daniel 8:23-25).

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom