Unraveling the confusion of God’s Decree: 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith

Nice try. :)

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 4267: προγινώσκω

προγινώσκω; 2 aorist 3 person singular προέγνω; perfect passive participle προεγνωσμενος; to have knowledge of beforehand; to foreknow: namely, ταῦτα, 2 Peter 3:17, cf. 2 Peter 3:14, 16; τινα, Acts 26:5; οὕς προέγνω, whom he (God) foreknew, namely, that they would love him, or (with reference to what follows) whom he foreknew to be fit to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, Romans 8:29

nothing above about interpersonal relationship prior to existing.

hope this helps !!!
It does help ... I transposed the digits when I typed it!

However, YOUR conclusion is still nonsense and you should have read those actual VERSES that used the word rather than building a theology on a dictionary. Shall we read them together?

I said ... "In Biblical GREEK, God's foreknowledge [G4267] is "interpersonal relationship" [Romans 8:29, Romans 11:2, 1 Peter 1:20] and people's foreknowledge [G4267] is "facts" [Acts 26:5, 2 Peter 3:17]."

GOD's Foreknowledge:
  • Romans 8:29 "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to beconformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren."
    • [God foreknew people, not facts]
  • Romans 11:2 "God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,"
  • 1 Peter 1:20 "He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you"
People's foreknowledge:
  • Acts 26:5 "They knew me from the first, if they were willing to testify, that according to the strictest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee."
    • [People foreknew facts, they know ABOUT people]
  • 2 Peter 3:17 "You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;"
    • [People foreknew facts]
According to the USE of the word [G4267] in Scripture, God's FOREKNOWLEDGE is not like people's foreknowledge (no matter what the DICTIONARY says about possible range of meanings for the word). If you are still in doubt, we can consult MANY translations and get "wisdom" from "a multitude of counselors" ... but they will all agree with the NKJV that I have quoted above.

Back
Top Bottom