Understanding Your Emotions

Show me how it would make a difference.

You're just getting off topic, and it seems, avoiding what was said to make it become forgotten and to "fade away."
The “ Angel of the Lord” was temporary from Abraham until the birth of Christ. Never scene or heard from before or after.

Do you know why ?

Well, I have yet to see anyone explain who the Angel of Jehovah was as He appeared to Moses as God.

Some wish to say it was an early manifestation of Jesus.

BUT! Jesus is a Soul.
Angels are not a soul. They are spirits.

Why is what is good for man? - the Son?
Not good for the angels before man existed? -The Angel of Jehovah?

Before man was ever created?
The Angel of Jehovah could have told the angels....

"To see me is to see the Father."

Why is that principle only fitting for the Jesus with man?
What would have been fitting for the angels?

In the OT the Lord God of Israel expressed emotion through His Soul. = having two natures in union.
And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Jdges 10:16
Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates." Ps 11:5
“Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies— I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting. Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing them.. Isa 1:13-14

Those OT passages speak of two natures in union!

In contrast to God... God is not soul.
Soul is a different nature than the essence of Deity which is spirit in essence.

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth;
for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship
in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24​
'The secret things belong unto the LORD our God:
but those things which are revealed belong unto us'

(Deu. 29:29a )

Hello @GeneZ,

I am afraid to enter into this discussion, for in order to do so, I will have to speculate. I will not trample on this hallowed ground, but prefer to remain silent.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
The first mention of a soul in the Bible is in the context of the creation of the first man, Adam, in Genesis 2:7: “Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (or “a living soul” in the KJV). Unlike what He had done with His previous creations, God made people in His image (Genesis 1:26–27) with His own breath within them. This non-physical part of a person is usually referred to as a soul (Hebrew nephesh).

Throughout Scripture, people are referred to as having a soul (Psalm 62:5; 104:1; Luke 1:46). Since we are created in God’s image, does this mean God has a soul as well?

There are passages that indicate that God does have a soul: Leviticus 26:11 and Judges 10:16use a form of the word nephesh in relation to God. And in Jeremiah 32:41, God makes a promise concerning Israel: “I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul.” However, Scripture also refers to God having a hand or a face, applying human qualities to God in a figure of speech known as anthropomorphism. It could be that biblical descriptions of God’s “soul” are anthropomorphisms similar to descriptions of God’s “hands.” So, we must be careful about saying that God has a soul. God is Spirit (John 4:24), but nowhere in Scripture is it said that God is Soul or that He literally possesses a soul.

When we consider God the Son, we can be more certain. Jesus was (and is) fully God and fully man. When the Son of God became incarnate, He took on a sinless human nature, and this included a truly human soul. In His agony in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus said, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death” (Matthew 26:38). His human nature—including His soul—recoiled at the thought of crucifixion and all it entailed.

Much of this discussion depends upon how one defines the word soul. If we equate the word soul with personhood, then, yes, God has a soul; He is a person in that He is a being who possesses a mind, emotion, and will. If we view the word soul as the ability to express emotions, then, yes, God has a soul—He is not “soulless” in the sense of having no feeling. But we normally use the word soul in the context of humanity. In fact, some would define the soul as that immaterial part of us that links the spirit with the body. The Father is not human. He is spirit; the Holy Spirit is also immaterial; the Son has a human body and a human soul/spirit, because He is a true a human being, the God-Man who makes intercession for us (Hebrews 7:25).Got?

Hope this helps !!!

Hello @GeneZ,

I am afraid to enter into this discussion, for in order to do so, I will have to speculate. I will not trample on this hallowed ground, but prefer to remain silent.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

You should not rush yourself.....
Just note what is said.

And, I pray that in time?

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight."
Philippians 1:9​

The first mention of a soul in the Bible is in the context of the creation of the first man, Adam, in Genesis 2:7: “Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (or “a living soul” in the KJV). Unlike what He had done with His previous creations, God made people in His image (Genesis 1:26–27) with His own breath within them. This non-physical part of a person is usually referred to as a soul (Hebrew nephesh).

Throughout Scripture, people are referred to as having a soul (Psalm 62:5; 104:1; Luke 1:46). Since we are created in God’s image, does this mean God has a soul as well?
The Son being fully man and fully God has a soul. And, man's soul was created in God's image.

There are passages that indicate that God does have a soul: Leviticus 26:11 and Judges 10:16use a form of the word nephesh in relation to God. And in Jeremiah 32:41, God makes a promise concerning Israel: “I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul.” However, Scripture also refers to God having a hand or a face, applying human qualities to God in a figure of speech known as anthropomorphism. It could be that biblical descriptions of God’s “soul” are anthropomorphisms similar to descriptions of God’s “hands.” So, we must be careful about saying that God has a soul. God is Spirit (John 4:24), but nowhere in Scripture is it said that God is Soul or that He literally possesses a soul.

I understand what anthropomorphisms means. Attributing to God human attributes he does not actually possess.

Psalm 91:4 shows that not all things in the Bible that God attributes to himself is to be taken literally.

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

:(

I wonder. When does the competitiveness end, and the willingness to learn something one did not know before begin?
Is it possible?

The Son being fully man and fully God has a soul. And, man's soul was created in God's image.

I understand what anthropomorphisms means. Attributing to God human attributes he does not actually possess.

Psalm 91:4 shows that not all things in the Bible that God attributes to himself is to be taken literally.

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

:(

I wonder. When does the competitiveness end, and the willingness to learn something one did not know before begin?
Is it possible?
Are you willing to learn ? Or do you know absolute truth as to the nature of the Triune God and have nothing more to learn ?

And no it’s not any sort of competition. I have learned from many people in this forum and from others too. Iron sharpens iron.

Are you willing to learn ?
NO... I speak in tongues. That's all I need.
NO... I attend the same church where they teach on the same level of content they did twenty years ago.
NO... I do good works and that is all I need to please God.
NO.... (fill in the blank)....

Its how I got where I am now in my understanding.
I am still learning more every day by being taught.
I have been blessed by God...

Its when we stop, and wanting to learn no more that we end up not progressing in Christ.

Those who want to stop only progress in learning better ways at defending what they wanted to stop at learning.
Its seen everywhere,

We all must grow in phases.
I now know what I could not see at one time.

It hurts to see believers standing still and defending the line of how far they are willing to go.....

NO... I speak in tongues. That's all I need.
NO... I attend the same church where they teach on the same level of content they did twenty years ago.
NO... I do good works and that is all I need to please God.
NO.... (fill in the blank)....

Its how I got where I am now in my understanding.
I am still learning more every day by being taught.
I have been blessed by God...

Its when we stop, and wanting to learn no more that we end up not progressing in Christ.

Those who want to stop only progress in learning better ways at defending what they wanted to stop at learning.
Its seen everywhere,

We all must grow in phases.
I now know what I could not see at one time.

It hurts to see believers standing still and defending the line of how far they are willing to go.....
Great we are in agreement 👌

Remember Moses and the burning bush?

The Angel of Jehovah was God!
God manifested Himself in angelic bodily form just as Jesus was God manifesting Himself in human bodily form.
'And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him
in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush:
and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire,
and the bush was not consumed.'

(Exo 3:2)

Hello @GeneZ,

The Angel of the Lord was not God. God did not manifest Himself in an angelic bodily form, the angels are God's messengers, they spoke on God's behalf.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

'And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him
in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush:
and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire,
and the bush was not consumed.'

(Exo 3:2)

Hello @GeneZ,

The Angel of the Lord was not God. God did not manifest Himself in an angelic bodily form, the angels are God's messengers, they spoke on God's behalf.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Chris!
"Out of context" is bad practice....

This was not simply "an" angel of the Lord.
But, "the" angel of the Lord.

Like, we are sons of God. But, Jesus is "the" Son of God.... We need to learn to note that when that when it appears.

Here is the context you left out. (and, note) It was THE angel of Jehovah. Not just, AN angel of Jehovah.

There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush.
Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought,
“I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush,
“Moses! Moses!”
And Moses said, “Here I am.”

“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing
is holy ground.”

Keep in mind that many commentators have figured that the Angel of Jehovah was a pre-incarnate appearance by Jesus.
Why? Because they know the context declares The Angel of Jehovah to be God.

Go ahead and Google it and see for yourself - angel of Jehovah was a pre-incarnate appearance by Jesus

It’s our thinking, and not our circumstances, that determines how we feel. Though it might take a while to sink in, that is really good news!

God knows the havoc negativity and pessimism can wreak in our lives, and I believe that is why there are so many beautiful scriptures about being aware of what we put into our hearts and minds. God knows long-term negativity eventually leads to bitterness, which can not only consume our minds but also harden our hearts and change who we are.

Keep in mind that many commentators have figured that the Angel of Jehovah was a pre-incarnate appearance by Jesus.
Why? Because they know the context declares The Angel of Jehovah to be God.

Go ahead and Google it and see for yourself - angel of Jehovah was a pre-incarnate appearance by Jesus
Yet? Jesus is fully man and fully God in union.

Man is not an angel...

The Angel of Jehovah was God. Yes. But it was not the pre incarnate Jesus Christ.
A man can not be an angel.

Angels are spirits
Men are souls.

The Holy "Spirit" was the Angel of Jehovah.
Never to be seen again manifested as the Angel of Jehovah once Jesus Christ entered the scene as a man....

A pastor once pointed out in church one night how its interesting that the Angel of Jehovah was no longer heard from once Jesus Christ
entered the world...

Yet? Jesus is fully man and fully God in union.

Man is not an angel...

The Angel of Jehovah was God. Yes. But it was not the pre incarnate Jesus Christ.
A man can not be an angel.

Angels are spirits
Men are souls.

The Holy "Spirit" was the Angel of Jehovah.
Never to be seen again manifested as the Angel of Jehovah once Jesus Christ entered the scene as a man....

A pastor once pointed out in church one night how its interesting that the Angel of Jehovah was no longer heard from once Jesus Christ
entered the world...
Yikes yet another heresy. The Son was not a man, human prior to the Incarnation.

Yikes yet another heresy. The Son was not a man, human prior to the Incarnation.
Yikes... another thing you can not think with the facts with....

(I would have spared you of that comment if you were not so rude)

Before the Incarnation took place? Where was his soul? He was being both Soul and Deity in union - without a body.

"Incarnation" indicates having a 'body' for his soul. Chili con "carne?" = with meat. Flesh!

How did His soul exist before the Incarnation?

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst
and to serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient
because of the trouble of Israel.
Jdges 10:16

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates."
Ps 11:5​

The immaterial soul of Jehovah before the incarnation was always in union with his immaterial Deity!

Scholars assume those passages were speaking of an Anthropopathism.
Why do they assume that?
For they knew soul and Deity are not one and the same essence.

They were failing to make the connection with the state of the pre-incarnate Lord God's soul in Heaven.

As for your soul? It is immaterial life.
Your material body only gives your soul the means for it to navigate within the material world.

Last edited:
Yikes... another thing you can not think with the facts with....

(I would have spared you of that comment if you were not so rude)

Before the Incarnation took place? Where was his soul? He was being both Soul and Deity in union - without a body.

"Incarnation" indicates having a 'body' for his soul. Chili con "carne?" = with meat. Flesh!

How did His soul exist before the Incarnation?

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel.
Jdges 10:16

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone
loving violence his soul certainly hates."
Ps 11:5

The immaterial soul of Jehovah was in union with his immaterial Deity!

Scholars assume those passages were speaking of an Anthropopathism. For they knew soul and Deity are not one and the same essence. They were failing to make any connection with the state of the pre-incarnate Lord God in Heaven.

Your soul? Is immaterial life.
You material body only gives your soul the means for it to navigate within the material world.
The Son had no Body prior to the Incarnation. God is spirit, incorporeal as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Do you happen to be a follower of Kenneth Copeland ?

The Son had no Body prior to the Incarnation. God is spirit, incorporeal as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Do you happen to be a follower of Kenneth Copeland ?

Kenneth Copeland ?

Here is Kenneth Copeland....

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,
and done many wonders in Your name?’

And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me,
you workers of iniquity!

Kenneth Copeland was never saved!
For he is all of the above.
The Lord never knew him = never saved.

grace and truth .................

Kenneth Copeland ?

Here is Kenneth Copeland....

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,
and done many wonders in Your name?’

And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me,
you workers of iniquity!

Kenneth Copeland was never saved!
For he is all of the above.
The Lord never knew him = never saved.

grace and truth .................
We agree good to hear but you have similar views as he does about Jesus

We agree good to hear but you have similar views as he does about Jesus
I have no idea what you think his view of Jesus is in that regard.
You offer no evidence.

Give evidence.

Your record of being wrong runs too high for me to take you on your word...

It sounds to me like you are saying Jesus always existed as Deity and humanity in one person.
CORRECT!

It the body that too many seem to confuse for him having humanity.
But its our soul that makes us "man."

In Genesis 1 God was creating "out from nothing." [Hebrew = bara]

In Genesis 2 it says God rested from creating [bara] out from nothing.

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day
he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because
on it he rested from all the work of creating [bara] that he had done." Genesis 2:1-3​

In the Hebrew Adam's human body was not created out from nothing.
It was molded and formed out from what had been created out from nothing.
The body was not what God had created in His image!
The body was provided to be a means for a soul that God had created out from nothing!

Its the human souls (male and female) that God created in His image.
The body is only a temporary material means for our souls to be navigating in the material world.

Our humanity therefore is our soul.
Physical death leaves our humanity without a body.

In physical death we remain being man (soul) that was created in His image.
Only being humanity (soul) without a body.

Therefore, the humanity of Jesus Christ (his soul) was the eternally existing as His second nature in union with God.
His soul being the Soul of Jehovah! .

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel.
Judges 10:16

Also found in Judges 10:16 Lev 26:10-12 Psalm 11:5, etc.
Jesus is God's soul in union with God that was provided a sinless body by agency of God's servant Mary.

Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me." Hebrews 10:5

That verse reveals He was already being Himself before He received the body.
A body born of Mary that He utilized to make Himself become as a man with!
For it is saying the body was prepared for someone who was already existing!

Grace and peace .........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom