The Plan of Redemption: God, Abraham, and His Seed.

jeremiah1five

After God delivered the children of Israel from their bondage in Egypt, He led them through the desert, gave them His Law at Mount Sinai, guided them in building a Tabernacle which was patterned after what God called a 'heavenly' Tabernacle. And why not? There was a sacrifice made in heaven and most likely in eternity before He created physical heaven, earth, and man. With this sacrifice a people with name identification would benefit from this sacrifice that resulted in life (and living.)
[Let's see how long this becomes to bring out the biblical truth of God on redemption]

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world. Rev. 13:8.

This sacrifice brought about several results. Here are several of them which God's sacrifice effected.

The first was a Plan was foreordained by which a goal or goals were to be established and accomplished.

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Mt 13:34–35.

The second was the foreordination of a Redeemer:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 1 Peter 1:18–20.

Next, a people were foreordained:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Eph. 1:3–4.

Then, a 'book' was brought into existence which contained all the people identified by names which will be recipient of this Planned Redemption, as well as a people unidentified and not named that are not included in this 'book' of life of the lamb which was slain in eternity and to be slain in time:

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Rev. 17:8.

After, a Redeemer was foreordained and a people to be given to Him, a kingdom was also foreordained:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Mt 25:34.

The Plan included the Redeemer was to suffer often and then suffer once finally as part of the Plan of Redemption:

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. Heb 9:25–26.

As the Redeemer would suffer so, too, would the people given to Him of God would suffer also:

50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; Lk 11:50.

Part of this Plan included a respite or rest for the people from suffering, and these things were also declared as 'works' that are included:

3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. Heb 4:2–3.

And finally, the reason and motivation for this who Plan of the Redemption of man was on the basis of love. Love between Father and Son, and love between Son and redeemed people.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. Jn 17:23–24.

With all these events and people foreordained and the love from which it was developed I come to the relationship between the Redeemer and the Redeemed as per the Plan of God, a plan from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.
God is the Redeemer and the foreordained people which will be redeemed are that people with which God has a covenant to redeem and that people without a doubt are a people born from Abraham and later his descendants who are called the children of Israel.
The whole of the bible records this covenant relationship between God and Abraham's seed as well as their history, culture, religion, individuals, and events, from Genesis to Revelation.
If God is the Redeemer, and the seed of Abraham are the redeemed, then this chosen and elect people would have to be deemed by God in the first place. They were deemed in the Mind of God before God created heaven, earth, and man. And here they are identified in the last 'book' of the bible:

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 13:8.

Although these words are written in the negative of those whose names are NOT written in the book of life of the lamb slain from before the foundation of the world, it speaks volumes of a book that has names of a people God came to redeem - Abraham and his seed.
A people known as the children and House of Israel.
The Plan of Redemption in a nutshell.
Salvation is of the LORD.
Salvation is of the Jews.

Back
Top Bottom