The Messiah's Battle Plan

EclipseEventSigns

Does Messiah Jesus come to Jerusalem immediately when He returns to Earth? Most prophecy experts state that is the case. But does the Bible support that view? There is actually quite a lot of information that is given as to how the final days - yes DAYS (probably even weeks) of fighting will look like. Here is just the information of how it will start.

[Dan 11:42-43 LSB] 42 "Then he [the King of the North, the final Ruler] will send forth his hand against [other] countries, and the land of Egypt will not escape. 43 "But he will rule over the hidden treasures of gold and silver and over all the desirable things of Egypt; and Libyans and Ethiopians [will follow] at his heels.

The Fleeing serpent and the dragon will be dealt with
[Isa 27:1 LSB] 1 In that day Yahweh will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, With His fierce and great and mighty sword, Even Leviathan the twisted serpent; And He will kill the dragon who [lives] in the sea.

Messiah starts His campaign in Egypt; from the south of Egypt to the north
[Isa 27:12-13 LSB] 12 And it will be in that day, [that] Yahweh will start [His] threshing from the flowing stream of the River to the brook of Egypt, and you will be gathered up one by one, O sons of Israel. 13 And it will be in that day, [that] a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were banished in the land of Egypt will come and worship Yahweh in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.

[Eze 29:3-6 LSB] 3 "Speak and say, 'Thus says Lord Yahweh, "Behold, I am against you, Pharaoh king of Egypt, The great monster that lies in the midst of his canals of the Nile, That has said, 'My Nile is mine, and I myself have made [it].' 4 "I will put hooks in your jaws And make the fish of your canals of the Nile cling to your scales. And I will bring you up out of the midst of your canals of the Nile, And all the fish of your canals of the Nile will cling to your scales. 5 "I will abandon you to the wilderness, you and all the fish of your canals of the Nile; You will fall on the open field; you will not be brought together or gathered. I have given you for food to the beasts of the earth and to the birds of the sky. 6 "Then all the inhabitants of Egypt will know that I am Yahweh Because they have been [only] a staff [made] of reed to the house of Israel.

From the south; Aswan Dam (Syene)
[Eze 29:9-11 LSB] 9 "The land of Egypt will become a desolation and waste. Then they will know that I am Yahweh. Because you said, 'The Nile is mine, and I have made [it],' 10 therefore, behold, I am against you and against your canals of the Nile, and I will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol [to] Syene and even to the border of Ethiopia. 11 "A man's foot will not pass through it, and the foot of a beast will not pass through it, and it will not be inhabited for forty years.

The Egyptians flee to other countries
[Eze 29:12-13, 15 LSB] 12 "So I will make the land of Egypt a desolation in the midst of desolated lands. And her cities, in the midst of cities that are laid waste, will be desolate forty years; and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands." 13 'For thus says Lord Yahweh, "At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the peoples among whom they were scattered. ... 15 "It will be the lowest of the kingdoms, and it will never again lift itself up above the nations. And I will make them so small that they will not have dominion over the nations.

The Red Sea parted a second time to allow the Messiah's army to cross on the way to free Jerusalem – the Battle at Har Moghaedoh
[Isa 11:11-12, 14-15 LSB] 11 Then it will be in that day, [that] the Lord Will again acquire the second time with His hand The remnant of His people, who will remain, From Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Ethiopia, Elam, Shinar, Hamath, And from the coastlands of the sea. 12 And He will lift up a standard for the nations And assemble the banished ones of Israel, And will gather the scattered of Judah From the four corners of the earth. ... 14 And they will swoop down on the slopes of the Philistines on the west; Together they will plunder the sons of the east; They will stretch out their hands [over] Edom and Moab, And the sons of Ammon will obey them. 15 And Yahweh will devote to destruction The tongue of the Sea of Egypt; And He will wave His hand over the River With His scorching wind; And He will strike it into seven streams And make [men] walk over dry-shod.

The autumn Feasts of Yahweh are expected to be the fulfillment of Messiah's second coming. Very likely the Feast of Trumpets is the day that Jesus returns to Earth. Ten days later is Yom Kippur which the messenger tells Daniel is the day that the temple sanctuary is rescued from the abomination that has made it desolate.
[Dan 8:14 LSB] 14 He said to me, "For 2,300 evenings [and] mornings; then the holy place will be made righteous." These 1150 days (2300 evening/morning sacrifices) are between the time of desolation until when the sanctuary is rescued. It has been worked out using the restored Jewish calendar that there is only one specific year this points to in the upcoming years. Only in our modern era could this information be known.

There will be 10 days of intense battle as Messiah and His army and chosen people make their way north through Egypt, then east and approach Jerusalem from the south. Finally ending up with Messiah arriving at the Mount of Olives with the great earthquake that splits it in two and ultimately liberating Jerusalem. But the final battle is not over.... that will have to be outlined at another time.

Does Messiah Jesus come to Jerusalem immediately when He returns to Earth?
Kind of...
according to Joel 3, he sets up judgment of the nations in the valley of Jehoshaphat.
according to Daniel 12, this judgment lasts 45 days.

Joe 3:2 WEB I will gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat; and I will execute judgment on them there for my people, and for my heritage, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations. They have divided my land,

Dan 12:11-12 WEB 11 “From the time that the continual burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate set up, there will be one thousand two hundred ninety days. 12 Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred thirty-five days.

According to Ezekiel, He will enter the City through the Golden Gate. But I'm not seeing anything that specifies the timing.
I.e., before or after the judgment of the nations.
An interesting, and I think pretty good article describing the history, along with the prophecies.

Most prophecy experts state that is the case. But does the Bible support that view? There is actually quite a lot of information that is given as to how the final days - yes DAYS (probably even weeks) of fighting will look like. Here is just the information of how it will start.

[Dan 11:42-43 LSB] 42 "Then he [the King of the North, the final Ruler] will send forth his hand against [other] countries, and the land of Egypt will not escape. 43 "But he will rule over the hidden treasures of gold and silver and over all the desirable things of Egypt; and Libyans and Ethiopians [will follow] at his heels.

The Fleeing serpent and the dragon will be dealt with
[Isa 27:1 LSB] 1 In that day Yahweh will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, With His fierce and great and mighty sword, Even Leviathan the twisted serpent; And He will kill the dragon who [lives] in the sea.

Messiah starts His campaign in Egypt; from the south of Egypt to the north
[Isa 27:12-13 LSB] 12 And it will be in that day, [that] Yahweh will start [His] threshing from the flowing stream of the River to the brook of Egypt, and you will be gathered up one by one, O sons of Israel. 13 And it will be in that day, [that] a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were perishing in the land of Assyria and who were banished in the land of Egypt will come and worship Yahweh in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.

[Eze 29:3-6 LSB] 3 "Speak and say, 'Thus says Lord Yahweh, "Behold, I am against you, Pharaoh king of Egypt, The great monster that lies in the midst of his canals of the Nile, That has said, 'My Nile is mine, and I myself have made [it].' 4 "I will put hooks in your jaws And make the fish of your canals of the Nile cling to your scales. And I will bring you up out of the midst of your canals of the Nile, And all the fish of your canals of the Nile will cling to your scales. 5 "I will abandon you to the wilderness, you and all the fish of your canals of the Nile; You will fall on the open field; you will not be brought together or gathered. I have given you for food to the beasts of the earth and to the birds of the sky. 6 "Then all the inhabitants of Egypt will know that I am Yahweh Because they have been [only] a staff [made] of reed to the house of Israel.

From the south; Aswan Dam (Syene)
[Eze 29:9-11 LSB] 9 "The land of Egypt will become a desolation and waste. Then they will know that I am Yahweh. Because you said, 'The Nile is mine, and I have made [it],' 10 therefore, behold, I am against you and against your canals of the Nile, and I will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol [to] Syene and even to the border of Ethiopia. 11 "A man's foot will not pass through it, and the foot of a beast will not pass through it, and it will not be inhabited for forty years.

The Egyptians flee to other countries
[Eze 29:12-13, 15 LSB] 12 "So I will make the land of Egypt a desolation in the midst of desolated lands. And her cities, in the midst of cities that are laid waste, will be desolate forty years; and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands." 13 'For thus says Lord Yahweh, "At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the peoples among whom they were scattered. ... 15 "It will be the lowest of the kingdoms, and it will never again lift itself up above the nations. And I will make them so small that they will not have dominion over the nations.

The Red Sea parted a second time to allow the Messiah's army to cross on the way to free Jerusalem – the Battle at Har Moghaedoh
[Isa 11:11-12, 14-15 LSB] 11 Then it will be in that day, [that] the Lord Will again acquire the second time with His hand The remnant of His people, who will remain, From Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Ethiopia, Elam, Shinar, Hamath, And from the coastlands of the sea. 12 And He will lift up a standard for the nations And assemble the banished ones of Israel, And will gather the scattered of Judah From the four corners of the earth. ... 14 And they will swoop down on the slopes of the Philistines on the west; Together they will plunder the sons of the east; They will stretch out their hands [over] Edom and Moab, And the sons of Ammon will obey them. 15 And Yahweh will devote to destruction The tongue of the Sea of Egypt; And He will wave His hand over the River With His scorching wind; And He will strike it into seven streams And make [men] walk over dry-shod.

The autumn Feasts of Yahweh are expected to be the fulfillment of Messiah's second coming. Very likely the Feast of Trumpets is the day that Jesus returns to Earth. Ten days later is Yom Kippur which the messenger tells Daniel is the day that the temple sanctuary is rescued from the abomination that has made it desolate.
[Dan 8:14 LSB] 14 He said to me, "For 2,300 evenings [and] mornings; then the holy place will be made righteous." These 1150 days (2300 evening/morning sacrifices) are between the time of desolation until when the sanctuary is rescued. It has been worked out using the restored Jewish calendar that there is only one specific year this points to in the upcoming years. Only in our modern era could this information be known.

There will be 10 days of intense battle as Messiah and His army and chosen people make their way north through Egypt, then east and approach Jerusalem from the south. Finally ending up with Messiah arriving at the Mount of Olives with the great earthquake that splits it in two and ultimately liberating Jerusalem. But the final battle is not over.... that will have to be outlined at another time.
Interesting points.
I hadn't heard these arranged, and specified in the order you present them.

Back
Top Bottom