The Bible was not only written to the Jews

civic

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles by God’s choice. The Lord Jesus declared that He had a specific mission for Paul: “This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel” (Acts 9:15). Paul had been set apart from birth and called by God’s grace so that he might “preach [Christ] among the Gentiles” (Galatians 1:15–16).

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles because the bulk of his ministry was spent in pagan lands planting churches among the Gentiles. Paul was the first to preach the gospel on European soil. His three missionary journeys took him far from Jewish lands to Gentile areas where Diana, Zeus, and Apollo were worshiped, to Cyprus, to Athens, to Malta, and eventually to Rome. He desired to preach in Spain as well (Romans 15:24), but it’s unsure if he ever made it that far.

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles because he was under obligation to serve in Gentile lands. Paul’s testimony was that “this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ” (Ephesians 3:8). Peter preached (mainly) to the Jews, and Paul was commissioned to preach (mainly) to the Gentiles: “God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews” (Galatians 2:7, NLT).

Paul was well-qualified to be the apostle to the Gentiles. He was well-educated, being thoroughly trained in the Mosaic Law under Gamaliel (Acts 22:3) and having received a classical Roman education in Tarsus. He had the ability to argue his point from Jewish Law (Galatians 4:21–31) and to illustrate it from Greek literature (Acts 17:28; Titus 1:12; 1 Corinthians 15:33). Paul’s training as a Pharisee (Philippians 3:5) allowed him access to synagogues everywhere, and he also held the privileges of Roman citizenship, which opened doors of opportunity throughout the Roman world (Acts 22:3, 25–29; 28:30)..

The Lord specifically chose Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles to show that salvation is offered to all people. Ephesians 3:6 speaks of how Christ brings together both Gentile and Jew: “And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT). May the Lord continue to reach people everywhere for His glory, and may we display Paul’s willingness to go wherever God calls us.got?

@jeremiah1five

hope this helps !!!

Right... "The Bible was not only written to the Jews"
Here's a page that gives a good explanation on this topic.

Written by Jews to a an audience both Jews and Gentiles. Paul a Jew was the Apostle to the Gentiles. Romans( Jews and Gentiles) 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon were written to Gentiles.

Written by Jews to a an audience both Jews and Gentiles. Paul a Jew was the Apostle to the Gentiles. Romans( Jews and Gentiles) 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon were written to Gentiles.
Actually, according to the statements in the texts themselves, this is who the books were addressed to:

Addressed specifically to Jewish believers:
Galatians, Philippians, Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, Jude

Addressed specifically to Gentile believers:
Ephesians

Addressed to both Jewish and Gentile believers:
Romans, I Corinthians, Colossians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, Titus

Non-specific:
II Corinthians, I Thessalonians, II Timothy, Titus, I John, II John, III John

Actually, according to the statements in the texts themselves, this is who the books were addressed to:

Addressed specifically to Jewish believers:
Galatians, Philippians, Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, Jude

Addressed specifically to Gentile believers:
Ephesians

Addressed to both Jewish and Gentile believers:
Romans, I Corinthians, Colossians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, Titus

Non-specific:
II Corinthians, I Thessalonians, II Timothy, Titus, I John, II John, III John
My good friend cam over last night and I'm in a home group at his house and we served as elders together in the late 80's early 90's in a christian missionary alliance church. He was asking about my forum and I brought up your thread here. We were both rally into eschatology back in those days. So I showed him your 45 min intro with Ezra passage and he really enjoyed your insight and approach to the topic. His only concern was date setting. I said well he did give a range between 2025-2029. :)

My good friend cam over last night and I'm in a home group at his house and we served as elders together in the late 80's early 90's in a christian missionary alliance church. He was asking about my forum and I brought up your thread here. We were both rally into eschatology back in those days. So I showed him your 45 min intro with Ezra passage and he really enjoyed your insight and approach to the topic. His only concern was date setting. I said well he did give a range between 2025-2029. :)
My concern is "date setting" as well. It's not lost on me how very many people have set dates and they've failed. That's why I never say it's a prediction. I always say it's a date that seems to have great significance and will not be confirmed until it happens. But I have to go where the evidence leads and present the facts.

Actually, per Acts 9, Jesus chose Apostle Paul to take The Gospel not only to Gentiles, but also to kings, and to the children of Israel.

Among those areas of Gaul, Ephesus, etc., were Israelites too, from all 12 tribes, having been scattered much earlier in history.

Paul even said he wanted to visit the brethren in Spain. There's a city in Spain called Zarra-gossa which means 'stronghold of Zara'. Who was Zarah of The Bible? Zarah was the child which stuck his hand out of Tamar's womb per Genesis 38, and as was the custom, they tied a scarlet thread on his wrist. But his twin brother Pharez instead pulled Zarah back in the womb, and Pharez came out first, and was the firstborn son of Judah, which David and Lord Jesus would be born through. Yet Zarah was a son of Judah also.

So what was Zarah doing in ancient Spain, and why did Paul want to go to Spain to visit the brethren? And just where... was Christ's prophecy about Paul preaching The Gospel to "kings" also, fulfilled? There's definitely a lot more history involved with Paul and the other Apostles than what today's Jews want us to know.

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles by God’s choice. The Lord Jesus declared that He had a specific mission for Paul: “This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel” (Acts 9:15). Paul had been set apart from birth and called by God’s grace so that he might “preach [Christ] among the Gentiles” (Galatians 1:15–16).

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles because the bulk of his ministry was spent in pagan lands planting churches among the Gentiles. Paul was the first to preach the gospel on European soil. His three missionary journeys took him far from Jewish lands to Gentile areas where Diana, Zeus, and Apollo were worshiped, to Cyprus, to Athens, to Malta, and eventually to Rome. He desired to preach in Spain as well (Romans 15:24), but it’s unsure if he ever made it that far.

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles because he was under obligation to serve in Gentile lands. Paul’s testimony was that “this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ” (Ephesians 3:8). Peter preached (mainly) to the Jews, and Paul was commissioned to preach (mainly) to the Gentiles: “God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews” (Galatians 2:7, NLT).

Paul was well-qualified to be the apostle to the Gentiles. He was well-educated, being thoroughly trained in the Mosaic Law under Gamaliel (Acts 22:3) and having received a classical Roman education in Tarsus. He had the ability to argue his point from Jewish Law (Galatians 4:21–31) and to illustrate it from Greek literature (Acts 17:28; Titus 1:12; 1 Corinthians 15:33). Paul’s training as a Pharisee (Philippians 3:5) allowed him access to synagogues everywhere, and he also held the privileges of Roman citizenship, which opened doors of opportunity throughout the Roman world (Acts 22:3, 25–29; 28:30)..

The Lord specifically chose Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles to show that salvation is offered to all people. Ephesians 3:6 speaks of how Christ brings together both Gentile and Jew: “And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT). May the Lord continue to reach people everywhere for His glory, and may we display Paul’s willingness to go wherever God calls us.got?

@jeremiah1five

hope this helps !!!
Correct 100%, God's desire that "ALL" men not just JEWISH men "Only" is to be saved, but ALL MEN. Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."

and how shall they call upon him is they have not heard that they can call upon him. and how can they hear without a PREACHER, and the PREACHER is sent by God.

Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?" Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

"C" you're on point.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom