The abomination of desolation

What do you think is still future?

Are all sins really ended?
Hebrews 9:26 " ... He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself." All 6 items mentioned in Dan 9:24 were fulfilled in Christ or by Christ.

So on the website "GotQuestions?" they stated that partial preterists don't believe in a rapture. That is FALSE! We believe in the rapture that Paul speaks of in 1 Thess. 4:13-18, which accompanies the 2nd coming of the Lord. The whole church accepted this view until 1830, when John Nelson Darby invented dispensationalism and thoroughly twisted the words of scripture. He redefined the rapture as happening 7 years before Christ's return - this is False, we just read in 1 Thess. 4 that the rapture occurs AT THE 2nd COMING. In His manufactured rapture, ONLY believers can see Christ - False, in the actual rapture, every eye will see Him, he says the evil will not rise from the dead until later - this is false - John 5:28-29 - BOTH the evil AND the good are raised from the dead at the same time - again at the 2nd coming. J. N. Darby also said that Christians will simply disappear at the rapture - False - the truth is Christians will be caught up (rapturo in Greek) in the clouds with the Lord and all other believers - FULLY VISIBLE. JND named the 7 year fake period between his fake rapture and the 2nd coming - the 7 year tribulation. You won't find "the seven year tribulation" in the Bible, which means there isn't one.

Hebrews 9:26 " ... He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself." All 6 items mentioned in Dan 9:24 were fulfilled in Christ or by Christ.

It doesn't say instantaneously, not until he makes all things new.

Else we have no sins to confess.

That's just logic.

Because the Bible tells me to confess my sins and ask for forgiveness.

If sins really "ended" I would be in rebellion and unbelief concerning the declaration that sins are ended to do this.
Your question was Biblically answered. Joe answered it thoroughly, but you don't want to accept it. Christ put away our sins. Confessed past sins, repented of, have ended - Christ put them away. 2 Peter 1:9 Present and future sins, when confessed and repented of, will also be ended, or put away by His blood. This does NOT mean that we will never sin again, as the book of 1 John tells us. I think there is another fuller meaning, too, that the power of sin in our lives, has ended, or at least greatly diminished, and will be reduced even more as we grow.

It doesn't say instantaneously, not until he makes all things new.

Else we have no sins to confess.

That's just logic.
I don't think so. Christ purified us from our former sins. 2 Peter 1:9 We still need to confess our present sins, and when we sin in the future, we need to confess those as well. I used to think that Christ forgave all past, present, and future sins, but, as you said, if that were true, we wouldn't have to confess, really, ANY sin after we first get saved. There is a false teacher, Bob George, who is dead, who taught that, once you're saved, you NEVER have to confess another sin. That's not what the Bible says in 1 John and the verse in Peter. Maybe I shouldn't call Bob George a false teacher, but in that area, I think he was wrong. Christ died for all our sins, past, present, and future, but we still have to confess current and future sins, in obedience to the word. By the way, if the Lord brings to your memory past sins that you forgot about - you guessed it, humble yourself, and tell Him how sorry you are when you remember the wrong thing that you said or did and confess it and ask Him to forgive and cleanse you - He will!

Can you imagine a newlywed couple, who just had their first argument and the husband tells his wife, "Look, I blew it and I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" His wife says, "Not only do I forgive you for what you did (or said), but I forgive you for everything that you ever will do (or say)". Then the man says: "Good, because I don't want to ever ask for your forgiveness again." What a HORRIBLE MARRIAGE that would be!!!! There would be little love in that marriage.

The same is true with our Lord. We need to keep "short accounts" and immediately ask His forgiveness, when we know we have thought, said, or done wrong.
Paul said, "If we judge ourselves, we will not be judged." If we don't keep current on our sins in this life, then we will suffer loss in the next life. We must walk in the fear and the love of God.
Does this mean that we will be lost if we forget to confess a sin? I really doubt that, God is merciful, and he knows you are a follower of Jesus. It just means that we must diligent, to put to death the sinful deeds of our flesh, by His Spirit. And when we fail, thank God, we can confess our sins, and He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy." (Dan 9:24)
So break this down. Tell us when exactly did the 70th week BEGIN and when did it END, knowing that it was a period of 7 years.

Apparently implying that I'm just a babe and you're the more mature one. Martians? I see, so you don't really care what other Christians believe? It's all about only what you believe?
There again, is yet another one... Edited by admin, even when the Scripture is explained simply. Another one bites the dust, WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST.

Because the Bible tells me to confess my sins and ask for forgiveness.

If sins really "ended" I would be in rebellion and unbelief concerning the declaration that sins are ended to do this.
I'm unsure what you are saying. It sounds to me that you are saying sin has not been out to an end. Is this correct?

If sin has not ended, then its dominion over you is still in place and the death of our Lord did nothing. But that is not the case, for sin has ended-been put away-removed; its dominion over man ended when God condemned it in the flesh of our Lord upon the cross, in order in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (ref: Rom 8:1-4).

Like my dear older brother in Christ taught me, If anybody does sin, not when anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. (ref: 1Jn 2:1)

God Bless

So break this down. Tell us when exactly did the 70th week BEGIN and when did it END, knowing that it was a period of 7 years.
"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined." (Dan 9:24-26)

The continuous 70 weeks are broken down into two segments. The first first 7 week segment marks the troublous period of time when the city and temple were rebuilt (Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Haggai, Zechariah). The subsequent period of 62 weeks is the period of time after the city was rebuilt. Both of these two segments equal 69 weeks.

The prophecy states it is 69 weeks until the Messiah, "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks"

The prophecy also states that after 69 weeks the Messiah will be cutoff. What week is after 69 but 70? And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:

To recap: It is 69 weeks unto the Messiah. The Messiah dies after the 69th week. Both of these two events take place in the 70th week. And never once did God say there was a gap of time between the weeks. This is nothing more than an invention of man.

The most important thing to remember is what God states is the purpose for the 70 weeks.
  • "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
If these six things are done within the 70 weeks, then the prophecy is fulfilled. And we know that each one of these were accomplished during our Lord's time of visitation.

God Bless

Let you and I be spoon fed together from the Word of God.
Does that mean you passed reading comprehension in school whereas some others here did not? I have no time for those who will not address and stick to the written Bible Scriptures. So let's do that.

Our Lord spoke many times to the unbelieving Jews of His day with confrontational truthfulness. He called them out for being more wicked than any other generation. They lived up to it by murdering the prophesied Messiah through unclean Gentiles. Our Lord also told them about the vengeance to come for their wickedness.
Jesus also revealed in Rev.3:9 that they only said they were Jews, but are not, but are the "synagogue of Satan".
In John 8 Lord Jesus said those specific Jews were of their father the devil, he was liar and a murderer from the beginning. So was Lord Jesus speaking about ALL Jews and all Pharisees with that? Have you understood God's Word about the "tares" of Matthew 13, and the evil basket of figs of Jeremiah 24 that crept in among Judah throughout Bible history? Those specifically is who Lord Jesus was rebuking, the scribes and Pharisees that wanted Him dead. The scribes were not even of the lineage of Israel, but were of the nations of Canaan called Kenites (Gen.15; 1 Chronicle 2:55).

In this parable, the Lord revealed to the wicked Jews their future.
(Mat 22:4-7) "Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.”’ But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them. The king was enraged, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city."

In this verbal exchange, our Lord clearly told the wicked Jews of that generation they would be judged for all the evil they have done and will do.
(Mat 23:32-38) "Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers. You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell? Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! See, your house is left to you desolate."

In this verbal exchange, our Lord clearly told the wicked Jews of their condemnation.
(Mat 12:38-42) "Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered him, saying, “Teacher, we wish to see a sign from you.” But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here."

And here the Lord tells the wicked Jews they would be filled with unclean spirits for rejecting Him.
(Mat 12:43-45) “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.”

In his preaching to the Jewish people on the day of Pentecost when the Spirit of the Lord was given, Peter tells the unbelieving Jews “Be saved from this perverse generation”.
Once again, Jesus was not pointing that to all Jews, because Nicodemus who was a Pharisee provided spices for Jesus' burial. And we know by Apostle Paul in Romans 11 that God put 'blindness' (spirit of slumber) upon the unbelieving Jews so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles, and that when the fullness of the Gentiles comes in, God is going to remove their 'blindness'. Those Jews who were deceived by the scribes and Pharisee 'tares' that crept in, are not of those 'tares', nor the "synagogue of Satan". (see Judges 2 & 3; 1 Kings 9:19-21; Jude 4).

Jesus was specific that those of the "synagogue of Satan" were not actual Jews, but only say they are Jews. Most preachers instead treat when Jesus said that as if it applied to all the Jews, when that is not so. (And no, I am not Jewish). It shows they don't read all their Bible, and are thus daft about the crept in unawares of the Canaanites that God warned the children of Israel about early on. That is actually what Lord Jesus was revealing with His parable of the tares of the field. And the idea was even first mentioned by God way back in Genesis 3 about the enmity between the two seeds, which is about a literal matter for this present world, and not just simple metaphor.

No matter what we think, the dialogues of our Lord with the unbelieving murderous Jewish people of His day clearly prove that the days of God's vengeance was upon those people in that generation, just as foretold by Him as recorded in three of the Gospels, with Luke writing it in such a way readers could understand.
Might you be confused of how Jesus used that word "generation" in His Olivet discourse? That word 'generation' can mean a time era of people, or a genealogical offspring of people. In Matthew 23:33-36 Lord Jesus was speaking specifically to a genealogical offspring, those specific scribes and Pharisees that wanted to kill Him; the specific seed of the "synagogue of Satan", i.e. ,those children which the devil sowed, per Lord Jesus' explanation of His parable of the tares of the field.

But in the Matthew 24:34 verse, Jesus was pointing to the idea of the final generation on the earth that will 'see' all those SIGNS of the end He gave upon the Mount of Olives, and not to any one specific offspring. Some get this confused because of the false teachings by the 'tares' that have crept into Christ's Church.

"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it, for these are days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written." (Luk 21:20-22)

In 70AD, Titus with the Roman armies (abomination of desolation) sent by God literally leveled the temple leaving not one stone upon another and completely destroyed Jerusalem, all as foretold by God through His prophets and Son, Jesus Christ.
Then you are not familiar with Isaiah 61 "day of vengeance of our God;" which Lord Jesus did not quote in Luke 4 when He began His Ministry?

Per Luke 4 when Lord Jesus went inside the temple and opened up to Isaiah 61, He read all of verse 1, and only the first part of verse 2, and stopped reading before He got to that, "and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;". He stopped reading before He got to that point, closed the Book, and said that 1st verse and 1st phrase of verse 2 was then fulfilled in their ears.

The reason Lord Jesus stopped at that "day of vengeance of our God" phrase is because that is about His 2nd coming, which is still future to us.

So I would recommend that you do not confuse Luke 21:20-22 Scripture with the Roman destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. And the fact that Lord Jesus in the Luke 21:25-28 verses after that pointed directly to the event of His future 2nd coming to gather His saints, should have brought that "days of vengeance" and Luke 4 back to your memory from Isaiah 61.

Same thing happens with men's Preterist doctrines on Matth.24 and Mark 13 when Jesus' disciples commented about the beautiful temple complex structures, and Jesus foretold not one stone atop another would be there, and then His disciples asked Him what would be the Sign of His coming, and the end of the world. Preterism treats what Jesus said as part of the 70 A.D. Roman destruction as if completely fulfilled, when Jesus gave 7 main SIGNS of the end leading up to His future return, which is what His disciples were asking Him. And the reason why the orthodox Jews pray at the Western Wall (also called the Wailing Wall), thus treating it as holy, is because it was part of the 2nd temple complex (3rd temple technically, if you count Herod's modifications).

And because the huge stones of the Western Wall of the temple complex still stand today in Jerusalem, that reveals a dual-blueprint for the destruction of that area of the temple mount for Jerusalem, meaning the final... one will be fulfilled on the future day of Christ's return.

"Let God be true, and every man a liar". All of what Jesus said would happen to the wicked Jews, the temple, and the city of Jerusalem happened even if man says it did not. Even to this day, "Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled." The day soon approaches when the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, but it is not here yet, as Jerusalem is still trodden down by Gentiles.
But that Revelation 11:1-2 prophecy you refer to has not reached its zenith per that Rev.11 prophecy, because Rev.11:1 reveals a new Jewish temple for that time, with those who worship therein, i.e., the orthodox Jews.

Rev 11:1-2
11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, "Rise, and
measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein."
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
KJV

Also, that part about the Gentiles treading the holy city for 42 months is about the very end, the time of "great tribulation" which Jesus warned about in His Olivet discourse for the end of this world, just prior to His future return to gather us. That is... the 1260 days prophecy per the latter half of Daniel's symbolic "one week" of Dan.9:27. It is linked to this... about the "great tribulation" timing...

Rev 13:4-5
4 And
they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, "Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

5 And
there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
KJV

Therefore... that event of the Gentiles treading the holy city, for 42 months, is NOT about the 70 A.D. destruction by the Romans. It is about the final 42 months, or 1260 days of the coming "great tribulation" at the end of this world.

(Preterism, Historicism, and Futurism are like tethers, that per their doctrines of men allow you to understand only up to the end of the rope and pole they tie you to.)

What sits on top of Mt Zion, the place of the former temple? A mosque belonging to unbelieving Gentiles.
What is not there? The temple that was leveled in 70AD by Roman armies sent by God because He was enraged at the wicked unbelieving Jews.

God Bless
You'll be amazed when the orthodox Jews today build their coming 3rd temple in Jerusalem. Don't ask me exactly where they will locate it, but it will not be Christ's future temple that He will build when He comes per the Zechariah 6:12-13 Scripture. The orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today already have the materials ready to build their future temple, even with the cornerstone already cut. (See Temple Mount Faithful and Land of Israel movement) That new temple MUST be built for the end of this world, in prep for the coming tribulation and placing of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL.

Hi brother,

I am not a Futurist, even though I was trained that way since it was the predominate teaching in my earlier new life of Christ. I completely have walked away from that doctrine since it is not scriptural sound.

And I am not a full Preterist, though I may be considered a partial Preterist since some of the doctrine is scriptural acceptable to me.

I hold more of a Historist understanding for interpreting the scriptures.

This we know, the prophecy of the 70 weeks have been fulfilled. How can we know? Because the six things that were "determined" to occur within the 70 weeks have occurred.

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy." (Dan 9:24)

God Bless
Those are simply seminary categories that are designed to shackle into their systems. Men's fleshy organizations have been trying to do that from the beginning of this world.

I've been wrongly accused of following those systems of men at one time or another ( Partial Preterism, Historicism, Futurism), when all I'm doing is just staying with what is written in God's Word, and allowing God by The Holy Spirit to do the interpreting per His recommended method of studying His Word, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.

I have never been accused of following men's false doctrine of Full-Preterism though, thank God!

These are perilous times, like Apostle Paul said it would be, so it's difficult to find a Church today that covers all of God's Word chapter by chapter, line upon line. I had a friend that asked me about the teaching of all of God's Word line upon line, why most Churches don't do it. I told him to ask his Sunday School teacher. He did. And the answer his teacher gave him was something like, "you must think we have all the time in the world!" he said laughing.

Well, one of the jobs of the Hebrew priest under the old covenant was to read God's Word to the people and give the meaning. That means all of The Word of God. So brethren, if you think you might be chosen to become one of Christ's priests in His future Kingdom, you might want to get busy on that chapter by chapter, line upon line type Bible study, becoming a 'workman' like Apostle Paul said.

There again, is yet another one... who likes to lie and bear false witness, even when the Scripture is explained simply. Another one bites the dust, WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST.
DavP - Now I'm not going to spoon-feed you so you can understand those Scriptures as written. You're free to believe whatever, believe it's all about Martians for all I care. Does that mean you passed reading comprehension in school whereas some others here did not? I have no time for those who will not address and stick to the written Bible Scriptures. So let's do that.

Your own words and attitude started this, not me. Now this latest post confirms what I said. You really have no time for my opinions - in fact you even go beyond that and accuse me of lying and put me on your IGNORE LIST. We're supposed to love one another, not ignore one another.

Those are simply seminary categories that are designed to shackle into their systems. Men's fleshy organizations have been trying to do that from the beginning of this world.

I've been wrongly accused of following those systems of men at one time or another ( Partial Preterism, Historicism, Futurism), when all I'm doing is just staying with what is written in God's Word, and allowing God by The Holy Spirit to do the interpreting per His recommended method of studying His Word, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.

I have never been accused of following men's false doctrine of Full-Preterism though, thank God!

These are perilous times, like Apostle Paul said it would be, so it's difficult to find a Church today that covers all of God's Word chapter by chapter, line upon line. I had a friend that asked me about the teaching of all of God's Word line upon line, why most Churches don't do it. I told him to ask his Sunday School teacher. He did. And the answer his teacher gave him was something like, "you must think we have all the time in the world!" he said laughing.

Well, one of the jobs of the Hebrew priest under the old covenant was to read God's Word to the people and give the meaning. That means all of The Word of God. So brethren, if you think you might be chosen to become one of Christ's priests in His future Kingdom, you might want to get busy on that chapter by chapter, line upon line type Bible study, becoming a 'workman' like Apostle Paul said.
Paul said to have the scriptures read in the churches, so the regular practice of reading portions of scripture is a must. But Jesus Himself did not teach through the scriptures chapter by chapter, verse by verse, nor did Paul. Nor did the gospel writers, or the author of Hebrews, or Peter or James or Jude.

Their method of teaching seems to be - being led by the Holy Spirit as to what they think the people need at any given time. Also, they took questions and answered them and dealt with specific problems. Many times they would teach on a specific topic. The passage in Isaiah 28 is NOT showing all future teachers of the Bible, the ONLY method of teaching that they should ever use. If that were true, then ALL of the New Testament authors and teachers, including Jesus Himself - missed it.

A chapter by chapter, verse by verse method may be how the Holy Spirit is leading at a particular time, but to assume that that is the ONLY way to teach 100% of the time is a mistake. If you want to put people to sleep, then you could use that method 100% of the time.

Does that mean you passed reading comprehension in school whereas some others here did not? I have no time for those who will not address and stick to the written Bible Scriptures. So let's do that.
You do not have time for people who disagree with you because you are closed minded and think you have it all figured out. The condescending attitude permeates your posts. I will choose to disengage holding a dialogue with you for both our sake.

God Bless

Last edited:
Paul said to have the scriptures read in the churches, so the regular practice of reading portions of scripture is a must. But Jesus Himself did not teach through the scriptures chapter by chapter, verse by verse, nor did Paul. Nor did the gospel writers, or the author of Hebrews, or Peter or James or Jude.

Their method of teaching seems to be - being led by the Holy Spirit as to what they think the people need at any given time.
I very much agree with these statements. In any gathering of believers God knows what words and teachings of exhortation needs to take place on any given day to strengthen a people. I've seen different seasons where many in a group might need to hear teaching about love or forgiveness or another time on prayer and other type of themes when needed. If one just taught the Bible just one standard way the people could end up hearing about genealogies and leave with nothing that speaks to them about the problems they're in.

That's not to say a going through the whole Bible can't be done or shouldn't be done....and with our modern tech world I've seen ministries go through the whole Bible verse by verse and it can be very beneficial of course as long as they're a good teacher. Online you can click on such works or the reading of commentaries. Actual meetings though I favor being led by the Spirit.

Unfortunately, arrogance oozes from responses. I will no longer engage in a discourse with you. It is fruitless since you only want to air your opinions instead of sharpening your understanding.

"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in airing his opinions." (Pro 18:2)

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." (Pro 27:17)

God Bless

The continuous 70 weeks are broken down into two segments. The first first 7 week segment marks the troublous period of time when the city and temple were rebuilt (Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Haggai, Zechariah). The subsequent period of 62 weeks is the period of time after the city was rebuilt. Both of these two segments equal 69 weeks.

The prophecy states it is 69 weeks until the Messiah,
OK to the Messiah what? Was born in Bethlehem? Or started his ministry which many suggest was about 30 AD?
The prophecy also states that after 69 weeks the Messiah will be cutoff.
So are you saying the day Jesus died on the cross marked the end of the 69th week? If you are that would mean the start of the 69th week started about 27 AD? Which would make one wonder why wouldn't there be anything of a mention of something special even being noted in scripture about that year. Just trying to understand what you're saying.
What week is after 69 but 70? And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:

To recap: It is 69 weeks unto the Messiah. The Messiah dies after the 69th week. Both of these two events take place in the 70th week.
So you're putting forth AFTER the 69th week Jesus died on the cross. But I know reading from other partial preterist they acknowledge this would have happened half way through the 70th week.....So that takes you half way through....3 1/2 years.....SO what about the other 3 1/2 years????(that is of the last 7 years) If you believe there is NO GAP that would take it to 36 1/2 AD. So why should that be of any significance?

And a Bible teacher, well known, a Partial Preterist implied the last half of the 7 years there is a gap to about 67 AD a when all the dark sun/blood moon things, and wrath things of Revelation took place.....This was after they had made light of those who claim there's a 2000 years gap between Jesus dying to our present day.....and they went right a head then and implied there could be a gap between 33 AD and 70 AD. To me it didn't seem consistent.
And never once did God say there was a gap of time between the weeks. This is nothing more than an invention of man.
I'm listening. Can't say I know for sure especially when partial preterist suggest there could have been a small gap .
The most important thing to remember is what God states is the purpose for the 70 weeks.
  • "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
If these six things are done within the 70 weeks, then the prophecy is fulfilled.
So what you're saying is what happens in the last part of the 70th week has no significance whatsoever. So why then did God even call it 70 weeks.....which is 490 years. Why 490 years then?

You do not have time for people who disagree with you because you are closed minded and think you have it all figured out. The condescending attitude permeates your posts. I will choose to disengage holding a dialogue with you for both our sake.

God Bless

Ah... another Edited by admin conversation starter... WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST.

Interesting thread. Not sure where I stand on everything about futurism, or the preterist position. When it comes to the passage about the abomination sitting in the temple...and flee to the mountains....seems clear it's talking about 70 AD. Is a good question though what about Jesus saying, a persecution like never before and never to see again....well there is what happened with the Nazi's in WW2.
It's best to stick with God's Word as written, not men's systems of tethers like Preterism, Futurism, Historicism, etc.

Time for a history update. World Communism is responsible for more deaths than the Jewish holocaust.

Christ's Olivet discourse is about the SIGNS of the end of this world, and they parallel the SEALS of Revelation 6. So did Revelation 6 happen in 70 A.D.? No.

I mean, the last SIGN Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse was that of His future coming to gather His Church after the tribulation. The descriptors He gave after that last SIGN are about not being deceived.

More than that day. So what about that? Is it possible it's a dual prophesy one for that age and the same for ours?
That exactly, because that is one of the things God does in His Word involving Bible prophecy. Christ in His Book of Revelation through John quoted directly the "Babylon is fallen, is fallen" from Isaiah 21:9 in the Revelation 14:8 verse. Thus Jesus is using the historical Babylon as a 'blueprint' for the endtime Babylon Harlot of Revelation.

Antiochus Epiphanes in 170 B.C. setup an idol abomination in the 2nd temple in Jerusalem to Zeus, and demanded all bow to it. But about 200 years later, Lord Jesus quoted that Daniel 11:31 "abomination of desolation" event for the "great tribulation" time at the end of this world that was supposedly fulfilled by Antiochus.

So yeah, there are dual-type prophecies all in God's written Word. And there will always be one or more parameters of the prophecy not fulfilled until the final event. Even in the case of the coming Antichrist, which is the same "another beast" of Rev.13:11 forward, he is to setup the "image of the beast" in false idol worship and demand all bow in worship to it, just as Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon did per history with a golden image idol of himself, demanding that all bow in worship to it or be killed.

A few more thoughts. Jesus spoke of the stones of the temple being thrown down. The disciples asked him, When would this take place and the signs of his coming. So he told them when the stones would be trown down (the temple) Notice he didn't given them the year. Today's Christians would say, "Now come on Lord give us the day and year and if you don't we'll go to some astronomy chart and figure out what dates certain comets will come by!

Surely they'll give us the date and we can do you tube videos all about it!" Nope Jesus left if some what of a mystery. But it seems that did happen in 70 AD. So I can agree the parts about the temple stones coming down and the armies did take place at that time..

..but Jesus took what they were asking were two things. The disciples may not have appreciated they would be two things but Jesus knew they would be. OK here's about the temple stones coming down...70 AD or about. But the the actual END things were another. Preterist agreements about the sun turned to darkness and the moon to blood suggesting those things happened before 70 AD I just can't buy although they try to assert it. And all the things in Revelations of 2/3of a population destroyed.....happened in the 1st century? In my opinion just no way.

Still there are huge stones atop one another in Jerusalem with the Wailing Wall, which is part of the Western Wall of the old temple complex.

WALL.jpg

OK to the Messiah what? Was born in Bethlehem? Or started his ministry which many suggest was about 30 AD?

So are you saying the day Jesus died on the cross marked the end of the 69th week? If you are that would mean the start of the 69th week started about 27 AD? Which would make one wonder why wouldn't there be anything of a mention of something special even being noted in scripture about that year. Just trying to understand what you're saying.

So you're putting forth AFTER the 69th week Jesus died on the cross. But I know reading from other partial preterist they acknowledge this would have happened half way through the 70th week.....So that takes you half way through....3 1/2 years.....SO what about the other 3 1/2 years????(that is of the last 7 years) If you believe there is NO GAP that would take it to 36 1/2 AD. So why should that be of any significance?

And a Bible teacher, well known, a Partial Preterist implied the last half of the 7 years there is a gap to about 67 AD a when all the dark sun/blood moon things, and wrath things of Revelation took place.....This was after they had made light of those who claim there's a 2000 years gap between Jesus dying to our present day.....and they went right a head then and implied there could be a gap between 33 AD and 70 AD. To me it didn't seem consistent.

I'm listening. Can't say I know for sure especially when partial preterist suggest there could have been a small gap .

So what you're saying is what happens in the last part of the 70th week has no significance whatsoever. So why then did God even call it 70 weeks.....which is 490 years. Why 490 years then?
If Jesus was crucified in the middle of the 70th week, what happened at the end of the next 3 1/2 years? We don't know for sure, which in itself does not negate the theory. But some have suggested this possibility: "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people ...", the angel said to Daniel. So God was dealing with the Jews for their salvation until the end of that 3 1/2 years. Something of great significance DID happen at about that time - 34 A.D. - Saul was converted to Jesus, became Paul, and God called him to be the apostle to reach the GENTILES. God powerfully used Paul to go to several countries and reach the lost Gentiles. Yes, he did preach to Jews, too, but He was primarily sent to the non-Jews. And boy-howdy, was he ever successful! So this could be the end of God dealing primarily with the Jews and the time that He began to focus primarily on non -Jews, which fits perfectly with what the angel told Daniel. Remember, Paul wrote most of the New Testament, and was given great revelations to teach and bring wisdom to the church.

Back
Top Bottom