Sinless Perfection

Sinless perfection is a topic of ongoing debate among Christians. While some argue that sinless perfection is possible and even mandated by God, others contend that it is an unattainable goal in this life.

Scriptural Insights
The Bible presents a nuanced view of sinless perfection. On one hand, passages like Matthew 5:48 (“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect”) and Leviticus 11:44-45 (“Be holy, because I am holy”) emphasize the importance of striving for holiness and perfection. On the other hand, verses like 1 John 1:8 (“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us”) and Romans 7:14-24 (“I am a slave to the law of sin that is in my members”) acknowledge the ongoing struggle with sin and the imperfection of human nature.
Arguments Against Sinless Perfection
Several biblical arguments against sinless perfection include:
  • The presence of sin nature (Romans 7:14-24)
  • The need for an intercessor (1 John 2:1-2)
  • The acknowledgment of sin by John the apostle himself (1 John 1:8-10)
  • The distinction between justification and sanctification (Romans 6:1-14, 8:1-4)
Arguments For Sinless Perfection
Conversely, some biblical arguments for sinless perfection include:
  • The command to be holy (Leviticus 11:44-45, 1 Peter 1:15-16)
  • The example of Jesus Christ, who was sinless and perfect (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26)
  • The promise of entire sanctification (1 Thessalonians 5:23, Hebrews 10:14)
Conclusion
Ultimately, the concept of sinless perfection remains a topic of ongoing debate and interpretation. While some argue that it is an achievable goal in this life, others contend that it is an unattainable ideal. A balanced understanding of sinless perfection acknowledges both the biblical commands to strive for holiness and the ongoing struggle with sin, recognizing that perfection is a future reality that will be fully realized only in eternity.

From Evidence Unseen

With threats like these:

Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.” (Jeremiah 18:11)

“…I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased.” (Jeremiah 30:14)

It is certainly possible to cease from sin.

Or else what kinda of God are you creating otherwise?

Sinless perfection is a heresy. Asa with any false teaching it consists of biblical truths that have been skewed in some way. The ingredients are good, but the recipe is incomplete or else has had unwelcome things added, and the result is a theological and practical mess.

Sinless Perfectionism is a doctrine like that. In short, it holds that it is possible for Christians to completely defeat sin in the present life and to live holy lives like Jesus did. At a glance, it makes a lot of sense. Jesus came to save us from sin. He died for our sins on the cross and he sent his Holy Spirit to empower his people to overcome sin and to live obedient, righteous lives in the present Titus 2:11-14

We as Christians should have the highest aspirations for living holy lives and rejecting all sin. But unfortunately we all fall short of the glory of God.

Therefore send this perfection is unbiblical, the Bible says that ‘If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us’ (1 John 1:8). It speaks of the fact that until the resurrection we must be at war with sinful desires Galatians 5:16-17

Sin is not an enemy ‘out there’. It’s an enemy within that lives and feeds off our fallen human desires and weaknesses James 1:13-15

That is why sinless perfectionism is not only untrue but also dangerous. People don’t tend to win battles that they don’t even realize they are supposed to be fighting.

Here's the bottom line:

Jesus taught that Christians would ‘hunger and thirst’ after righteousness (Matthew 5:6). Imagine a man who has been deprived of food and water for far too long. Hunger and thirst are not just a thought in his head, but all-encompassing desires that cannot be ignored. His whole body cries out for sustenance! He will never – can never – be satisfied until his desire is satiated. Is our hunger for righteousness like that? That’s what perfectionism (at its best) gets right. It desires to be without sin. That is a profoundly godly ambition, and one that all Christians should share. We recognize that we will inevitably fall short. But we are not happy about it.

Sinless perfection is a heresy.

So God does these things for amusement?

“…I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment: That they may want bread and water, and be astonied one with another, and consume away for their iniquity.” (Ezekiel 4:16-17)

:unsure:

With threats like these:

Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.” (Jeremiah 18:11)

“…I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased.” (Jeremiah 30:14)

It is certainly possible to cease from sin.

Or else what kinda of God are you creating otherwise?
How long have YOU been living in "Sinless Perfection"??

Christians and sin​

According to Christian theology, Christians are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, and have been forgiven of their sins through faith in Him (Romans 3:24). However, despite this salvation, Christians still struggle with sin (Romans 7:14-25).
Sin as a Reality
The Bible teaches that Christians are not immune to sin (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8-10). While believers are new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), they still live in a fallen world and have a tendency towards sin (Galatians 5:17). This is because the process of sanctification, or being made righteous in practice, is ongoing and imperfect (Philippians 3:12-14).
Understanding Sin
Sin is often described as “missing the mark” of God’s perfection (Romans 3:23). Christians are called to live a life pleasing to God, but they inevitably fall short due to their own sinful nature (Ephesians 4:17-32, Colossians 3:1-17).
Forgiveness and Repentance
When Christians sin, they are called to confess and repent of their wrongdoing, seeking forgiveness through Jesus Christ (1 John 1:9). This process of forgiveness and restoration is essential for maintaining a right relationship with God.
Sanctification and Growth
As Christians grow in their faith, they are empowered to resist sin and live more consistently with God’s will (Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 4:22-24). However, this growth is gradual and imperfect, and believers must continually seek God’s help and guidance.
Key Takeaways
  • Christians are not immune to sin, but are forgiven of their sins through faith in Jesus Christ.
  • Sin is a reality for believers, but they are called to confess and repent of their wrongdoing.
  • Sanctification, or being made righteous in practice, is an ongoing process for Christians.
  • Growth in faith involves resisting sin and living more consistently with God’s will.

AI-generated answer

For about 8 hours last night, And then I woke up. :ROFLMAO:
Me too - I really appreciate those painless and comfortably interludes every night. A fellow told the other day that there actually IS a 4:30 in the morning. I didn't believe him, of course.

How long have YOU been living in "Sinless Perfection"??

For about 8 hours last night, And then I woke up.

So you two comedians are okay with a God that does these things to people who “cannot stop sinning”?

Things like these:

“When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread: So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the LORD have spoken it.” (Ezekiel 5:16-17)

So you two comedians are okay with a God that does these things to people who “cannot stop sinning”?

Things like these:

“When I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, which shall be for their destruction, and which I will send to destroy you: and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread: So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee; and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee; and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the LORD have spoken it.” (Ezekiel 5:16-17)

So when was the last time you sinned ?

First, please explain and rationalize why God murders and tortures a hapless people for being unable to obey his commandment and laws against sin.🧐
Everyone can choose to follow God. God is long suffering not willing fir anyone to perish but fir all to come to repentance.

Now when was the last time you sinned ?

Everyone can choose to follow God. God is long suffering not willing fir anyone to perish but fir all to come to repentance.

Now when was the last time you sinned ?

You haven’t answered the question (neither has anyone else here).

Why is God murdering and torturing a hapless people incapable of ceasing from sin?

Anyone?

Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and to restore our right relationship with God. If a person that claims to have accepted Christ and cannot stop living in habitual sin then they probably are not saved.

A true Christian will turn from sin however they made from time to time stumble. The Holy Spirit will lead them to repent.

In 1 John 1:5–10, the apostle John describes genuine fellowship with Jesus Christ as walking in the light. One way believers walk in the light is by honestly admitting their human tendency to sin: “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8–9).

You haven’t answered the question (neither has anyone else here).

Why is God murdering and torturing a hapless people incapable of ceasing from sin?

Anyone?
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

God doesn't want anyone to perish or die. Peter likely refers to eternal death following God's judgment on the day of the Lord. The overall message of Scripture is that God does not desire anyone's damnation. That is, He would prefer that all would be saved. However, in His sovereignty and power, God decided not to demand—force—all people to actually be saved. It's a decision each of us have to make on our own.

If God is truly sovereign, He can sovereignly allow us to choose things He does not prefer, for His own reasons. Here, Peter shows us God's heart for the people He has created: He wants them all to be saved, but He will not force them all to be saved.

Really?

What is this called then:

Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women…. And they went forth, and slew in the city.” (Ezekiel 9:4-7)
The context is disobedience, rebellion , idolatry, unfaithfulness of Gods people. Repent and live or rebel and die.

Ez 5
This is what the Sovereign Lord says: This is Jerusalem, which I have set in the center of the nations, with countries all around her. 6 Yet in her wickedness she has rebelled against my laws and decrees more than the nations and countries around her. She has rejected my laws and has not followed my decrees.

7 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lordsays: You have been more unruly than the nations around you and have not followed my decrees or kept my laws. You have not even[a]conformed to the standards of the nations around you.

Back
Top Bottom