Rank

praise_yeshua

Oft times, Unitarians avoid detailing their actually positions relative to "rank" within their teachings in respect to the relationship of Father to Son in their theology. If they were, they would have to admit that Jesus Christ is LESS in substance to the Father.

I believe it will be good to have a dedicated thread so Unitarians will actually deal with this problematic aspect of their respective theologies.

Can any resident Unitarians detail their view of how the Son ranks relative to the Father? Please be detailed.

Rank....
"give (someone or something) a rank or place within a grading system."

Addressing the OP only,
101G do not speak for, nor on the behalf of any Unitarians, they can speak for themselves. but your question is interesting. "the positions relative to "rank" in respect to the relationship of Father to Son". the result.....Jesus Christ is LESS in substance to the Father. and you asked, "Give a detail view of how the Son ranks relative to the Father?"

well as said, that is interesting. for "RANK", none, it would be impossible to measure a "DEGREE" in Ranking.. for the Lord Jesus the Christ who is God shared in flesh, is the Last, correct. but a synonyms word for "LAST" when used as an Adjective, (somewhat rare) Highest in degree, it means, Supreme, highest, preeminent, chief, cardinal, master, arch, first, head, without equal, whole, only, intrinsic, root, alpha, without an equal, highest ranking, mortal. without parallel, alone, rank, number 1.
this word synonyms search can be found here at, https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/last.html#C0-1 under the subheading, Adjective, "(somewhat rare) Highest in degree".

so Last can mean First as well as Alpha, as well as WHOLE, which means, "a thing that is complete in itself". these definitions describe what the bible been saying all alone. God is the "ECHAD" of himself, or the Equal whole share of himself in flesh.

so, a ranking cannot be accomplished. we highly recommend your re view of all the synonyms words at the link above.

101G.

Oft times, Unitarians avoid detailing their actually positions relative to "rank" within their teachings in respect to the relationship of Father to Son in their theology. If they were, they would have to admit that Jesus Christ is LESS in substance to the Father.

I believe it will be good to have a dedicated thread so Unitarians will actually deal with this problematic aspect of their respective theologies.

Can any resident Unitarians detail their view of how the Son ranks relative to the Father? Please be detailed.

Rank....
Rank???

That 'stank'.........

Now you need to 'Walk the Plank'
Take a dip In the waters below
Swim thru the Scriptures and follow It's Current
They will instruct you on how to fill in the Blank

Rank....
@praise_yeshua do not take offense to my chanting as i am in the process of planting Good Seed.

"Thy Word is Truth"

Rank???

That 'stank'.........

Now you need to 'Walk the Plank'
Take a dip In the waters below
Swim thru the Scriptures and follow It's Current
They will instruct you on how to fill in the Blank
Rapper DT? ....(smile). U have a rhyme going on there.....

101G

Rank....
@APAK @Wrangler any comments on rank ? Thanks !

to all,
the OP do address a serious topic, and we as Christian need to know if what we believe is what God teach.

as for the unitarian view, (which 101G disagree with), but let every man prove himself in the scriptures. as the word of God states, 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:19 "Quench not the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:20 "Despise not prophesyings." 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." 1 Thessalonians 5:22 "Abstain from all appearance of evil."

1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

101G.

A name above every name is a good beginning....
on point, and that Name which is above every name is "YESHUA", transliterate into English, "JESUS". yes, the Name was given, but indirectly under the term "MY SALVATION"

one example of Many, Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."

MY Salvation: H3444 יְשׁוּעָה yshuw`ah (yesh-oo'-aw) n-f.
1. something saved.
2. (abstractly) the act or instance of saving or rescuing a soul.
3. (hence) protective aid, victory, prosperity.
4. custodial salvation (that is, in the protective, custodial care of another).
5. (specially) custodial Salvation through the Anointed-One, Yeshua.
[feminine passive participle of H3467]
KJV: deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
Root(s): H3467
Compare: H3468

what did the angel Grabel tell Mary? Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Jesus:
G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous') n/p.
1. (meaning) He is Salvation, Yahweh saves (i.e. the Savior).
2. (person) Jesus (i.e. Yeshua, Yehoshua), the name of our Lord, also called the Last Adam.

3. (person) Joshua (i.e. Yehoshua) an Israelite, the servant and successor of Moses.
4. (person) Jeshua, also called Justus, an Israelite, a coworker with Paul.
5. (NOTE) (“Jesus” is a valid English transliteration, coming from Ancient Hebrew to Koine Greek (via the Septuagint) to Latin to Old English to Modern English. It is completely acceptable to God (Yahweh) for us call upon the Savior's name as “Jesus,” or “Iesous,” or “Yeshua,” or even “Yesu” as in Christian Arabic or in the Fijian Islands, et al. God prepared for all nations to be able to trust in the Savior and to call upon his name by preparing a language dialect for international use: the Hebraic-Koine Greek. Thus, technically and formally, the pronunciation “Iesous” was intentionally established by the Savior as the common basis for Jewish and Gentile acknowledgment of his Redemption and Salvation, going forth as needed into every tribe, native tongue, people, and nation. “Yeshua” is of course delightfully acceptable to him, when it is not used as an exclusionary name. Love edifies).
6. (NOTE) (Revelation 3:12).
[of Hebrew origin (H3442 as the shortened form of H3091)]
KJV: Jesus
Root(s): H3442

boy Oh boy this bible is just revealing itself today..... (smile)

101G

Simply put... "FIRST". That in all FULLNESS in Him should dwell
I see you're on fire this morning. "that in all FULLNESS in Him should dwell" let's check the record. Colossians 1:18 "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Colossians 1:19 "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"

first the Beginning;
G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n.
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

Now preeminence:
G4409 πρωτεύω proteuo (prō-tev'-ō) v.
to be first (in rank or influence).
[from G4413]
KJV: have the preeminence
Root(s): G4413

Please note' Chief in the first definition also means "FIRST", as well as preeminence ... "FIRST". Oh yes, JESUS, our God is First. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" and that "ONE" God is "FIRST"
ONE:
H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

My God, JESUS is the FIRST in the OT, and he's FIRST, and he is the END/LAST of the NT, and going into the NEW CREATION he is the "FIRST' again.

boy oh boy this topic is hot today.

101G.

No offense. I don't really matter in the context of the Truth. I argue for my position. I stopped claiming God was always on my side a long time ago....

I hope you do the same.

Well, in a very Glorious, UPLifting and Healing Way, God is on our side = every guilty party needs an Advocate.
How else can we escape the Wrath that is to come?

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
1 John 2:1

Now, i get what you mean since God can only side with Truth.
Therefore we need to yield to the Spirit of Truth so that we can be on our Way.

1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." thank God it did not say, "the head of ... JESUS .... is God", big difference.

101G.

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:3, KJV.
Would you like to elaborate on this scripture as it pertains to the whole of scripture concerning Christ?

Back
Top Bottom