Proof of What Modern Bible Translators Have Done to Corrupt Newer Bible Translations

I have no problem with the top modern day English translations of the Bible. For me it's not really an issue as it's so easy today to compare different translations with the of a click of a mouse or use of Bible software. I believe Jesus left us the Holy Spirit to enable us to understand God's word. Don't get me wrong good translations are important but what's more important is the meaning behind them which for me is made clear by the Holy Spirit.

Here's an article that explains it a lot better than I could.

Luke is the only one that details the lineage of Christ through Mary. Which matches the prophecy given to Eve of how "her seed" would crush the serpent.

I've long abandoned the idea that any of the "3" are based upon the other. There is a reason why they are similar and why they are different. Anyone detailing an accurate historical narrative of Christ would say the same things. However, Luke examined a much broader set of witnesses compared to the linear approach of Matthew and Mark.
Yeah, I heard it said Mark wrote his gospel for business people since it was short and to the point.

Luke was written by a guy who collected a series of sayings from all over the place before all the eye witnesses died out. Apparently Marcion was into the gospel of Luke too, since he was trying to "remove the stuff the jews added."

Matthew is hard to look at without understanding there was a copy that a group called the ebionites who did not believe in Jesus' divinity. Which may explain the trinitarian rendition of the baptism formula in the final copy of the Matthew Gospel.

All in all, the best way to approach these texts is to apply the concepts and observe the fruit. As Jesus taught in the gospel, we know false prophecies by their fruit. So where there are variations, just apply the one with the best fruit.

I'm not going to watch your video. I don't need to. I intimately know the evidence. I don't need your propaganda. If you want to use something from the video and make it your own argument, then detail in this thread. I'm not going to waste my time dealing with the video to only have you ultimately say that is not what you believe. Trust me, I don't know the times I had this happen to me. I'm not going to do it. In fact, you're wanting to limit the discussion by using such tactics.

1. 5000 thousand identical copies of a manuscript containing mistakes does not set the standard for a perfect text. All you have are 5000 copies that have the same mistakes.

2. It is nonsense to claim the Alexandrian texts remove the Deity of Christ. I've argued from the Deity of Christ most of my adult life. The KJV never helped me in that discussion nor have the Alexandrian manuscripts hindered me. I probably know this subject better than you do.
Indeed many modern translations provide more support for the deity of Christ than does the KJV. That is simply not a valid criticism of the modern versions. That being said I use the KJV and I also use the newer modern versions

Indeed many modern translations provide more support for the deity of Christ than does the KJV. That is simply not a valid criticism of the modern versions. That being said I use the KJV and I also use the newer modern versions
Me too. It is all the above to me.

I'm not going to watch your video. I don't need to. I intimately know the evidence. I don't need your propaganda. If you want to use something from the video and make it your own argument, then detail in this thread. I'm not going to waste my time dealing with the video to only have you ultimately say that is not what you believe. Trust me, I don't know the times I had this happen to me. I'm not going to do it. In fact, you're wanting to limit the discussion by using such tactics.

1. 5000 thousand identical copies of a manuscript containing mistakes does not set the standard for a perfect text. All you have are 5000 copies that have the same mistakes.

2. It is nonsense to claim the Alexandrian texts remove the Deity of Christ. I've argued from the Deity of Christ most of my adult life. The KJV never helped me in that discussion nor have the Alexandrian manuscripts hindered me. I probably know this subject better than you do.

3. The Byzantine Empire is late. Yes. The 4th century. Codex Alexandrinus (which I treasure) contains the Byzantine editions in the Gospels. There is a reason for this, they were the earliest manuscripts to be spread throughout the known world. However, the same can not be said of the Epistle evidence. Which is why I prefer a blended text type model in the final product.
Still spreading conspiracy theories?
Oh I forgot your the translation police.
Not so much. You really need to deal with your legalistic condescending attitude.

Still spreading conspiracy theories?
Oh I forgot your the translation police.
Not so much. You really need to deal with your legalistic condescending attitude.

"Still spreading"???? You're chasing me around the forum now... This is an older post. I've been saying this for a very long time.

Feel free to detail where. Just be consistent. I'm growing weary of your ever changing position.
My position has not changed on anything.
If anything I'm more critical of fake legalistic so called Christians trying to corrupt the Truth with their unfounded and distorted information. You have attacked my ethnicity and my Hebrew Bible, and yet you say in a previous post you care for me? I believe the Jews heard that same story in Germany during the 1940's. How did that work out for them?

My position has not changed on anything.
If anything I'm more critical of fake legalistic so called Christians trying to corrupt the Truth with their unfounded and distorted information. You have attacked my ethnicity and my Hebrew Bible, and yet you say in a previous post you care for me? I believe the Jews heard that same story in Germany during the 1940's. How did that work out for them?

I haven't attacked your ethnicity. I've pointed out that there is no ethnicity or race upon this earth that is "special" in the eyes of God. All men are equal.

You consider yourself superior to other ethnicities. You're not. It would do you good to consider all your brethren in Adam important. That is what I do to you. I don't consider you more or less than any other man. This offends you. It shouldn't. That is your problem. Not anyone else's problem.

I not legalistic at all. God requires faith.

I haven't attacked your ethnicity. I've pointed out that there is no ethnicity or race upon this earth that is "special" in the eyes of God. All men are equal.

You consider yourself superior to other ethnicities. You're not. It would do you good to consider all your brethren in Adam important. That is what I do to you. I don't consider you more or less than any other man. This offends you. It shouldn't. That is your problem. Not anyone else's problem.

I not legalistic at all. God requires faith.
The fact of the matter is the Jews are 'special' in God's sight and mind. The data bears it out that the Jewish people are humanly superior to most ethnic groups
In intelligence and moral values. That is the reason I do business with more Jews than Gentiles.
Read my previous post. Your errant ramblings serve no purpose other than stoke the fires of antisemitism. I do consider all the humans in past history, but Adonai made sheep and also goats.

The fact of the matter is the Jews are 'special' in God's sight and mind. The data bears it out that the Jewish people are humanly superior to most ethnic groups
In intelligence and moral values.
That is the reason I do business with more Jews than Gentiles.
Read my previous post. Your errant ramblings serve no purpose other than stoke the fires of antisemitism. I do consider all the humans in past history, but Adonai made sheep and also goats.
The truth is finally out. You are racist.
How prevalent is this racism of yours?

The truth is finally out. You are racist.
How prevalent is this racism of yours?
So you are like your leftist woke friends when you disagree with someone you call them a racist? That really shows your true colors.
Of all the races in the world Adonai chose a Jewish virgin to bring Yeshua into the world
and the Jewish lineage to back it up. Adonai knew it would be the Jewish race that was superior to bring his plan of redemption to pass and his Word into being. Salvation is from the Jews not Gentiles. Guess you will have to ask him why he did that. That's above
my pay grade. Men are not created equal.

In intelligence and moral values. That is the reason I do business with more Jews than Gentiles.

I have often said that the Orthodox Jews that rejected Messiah were the first Calvinists. I wish you were taught differently. You don't have to be this way. Hatred such as you have for these "goats" is blinding you. Worse.... you're insisting that God gave such to you.

So you are like your leftist woke friends when you disagree with someone you call them a racist? That really shows your true colors.
I have no "woke" friends. You're just flailing away trying to deny that you are a racist pure and simple.
Of all the races in the world Adonai chose a Jewish virgin to bring Yeshua into the world
and the Jewish lineage to back it up. Adonai knew it would be the Jewish race that was superior to bring his plan of redemption to pass and his Word into being. Salvation is from the Jews not Gentiles. Guess you will have to ask him why he did that. That's above
my pay grade. Men are not created equal.
If you call your blatant racism, your poor critical thinking, your lack of Christian History understanding, and your allowance for the mutilation of God's word "superior", then you can place your "superior" where you know where.

I have often said that the Orthodox Jews that rejected Messiah were the first Calvinists. I wish you were taught differently. You don't have to be this way. Hatred such as you have for these "goats" is blinding you. Worse.... you're insisting that God gave such to you.
I don't have hatred towards anybody including you. I am a realist. I also follow the data when it comes to reality and my perceptions. Martin Luther was the biggest antisemitic in ancient Christian history.

I don't have hatred towards anybody including you. I am a realist. I also follow the data when it comes to reality and my perceptions. Martin Luther was the biggest antisemitic in ancient Christian history.

You certainly do. You can't have two Masters. You will love the one and hate the other.

You can't claim to be superior to others and tell me that you still love them. That is impossible. You're "making this up" as you go and YOU are always the beneficiary of your false claims otherwise.

I have no "woke" friends. You're just flailing away trying to deny that you are a racist pure and simple.

If you call your blatant racism, your poor critical thinking, your lack of Christian History understanding, and your allowance for the mutilation of God's word "superior", then you can place your "superior" where you know where.
Vain and baseless accusations without merit.
I do not believe in critical thinking that's another leftwing idea. I follow the data. Your the one doing the mutilating.
For example. I own a Lincoln Aviator. Why didn't I buy a Cadillac Escalade or a Mercedes-Benz? All three vehicles will get you from point A to point B in comfort.
My preference was to own a Lincoln.
The Masoretic Text, DSS, and the Septuagint all three will give you the Truth without exception. Why did I chose the Masoretic Text? Because it is my preference, so get over it.

Back
Top Bottom