Promoting Freedom of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
By civic
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We not only believe in the Constitution and the founders freedom of speech and assembling together but we believe in your freedom to think and believe differently as well.

You do not have to believe like us and can disagree with me all you want and never have to worry about retaliation, censorship, banning, ridicule, mockery, bullying etc.......

The one and only thing we ask here is to respect the beliefs of others and treat them as you would like to be treated- the Golden Rule. Its your right to believe the way you do and to feel safe about it. And its ok to question the beliefs of others and disagree with them. An online forum is designed to discuss those differences, defend them and give a reason why you believe the way you do without fear of intimidation by others. I don't have to agree with you and vice versa but we can respect one another and treat each other as adults and act like adults in the process and not like children throwing tantrums which is evident on many other online places.

We welcome people of all faiths and for example if you are a Catholic you will not be mocked or ridiculed about Mary , the saints , sacraments or anything else in your faith. That is disrespectful. Even though I personally disagree with Catholics on many things about doctrine I will not let it interfere with a friendly discussion on what you believe and why you believe it. I watched on another forum recently the admin/moderator mocking the poster for believing in Mary and ridiculing them. That is despicable and it will not happen here or be tolerated. It’s your right and you are free to believe and think differently than I believe. I will respect your beliefs and we can talk about them as adults. The same goes for any unitarians, modalists or any other religious beliefs. You will not be mocked or ridiculed.

If you ever see me doing this please call me out. I'm accountable to everyone here. And just because this is my forum doesn't mean I can behave any differently than you and I have a free pass to act like a hypocrite. That is what Pharisees did which Jesus condemned.

hope this helps !!!

@civic

,Sounds good to me and I hope I can live up to these standards.
Don't we all. There are a lot of things to come into play during our time in these forums. You sometimes you have to remember to take a deep breath and stay calm cool and collected because we are representing our King and the last thing we want to do is make him look bad.

Don't we all. There are a lot of things to come into play during our time in these forums. You sometimes you have to remember to take a deep breath and stay calm cool and collected because we are representing our King and the last thing we want to do is make him look bad.
We all have goals :)

Freedom of speech is immensely important. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have given their lives so we can have freedom of speech. When you lose that it's all downhill. First they come for your guns then they come for your keyboards.

Freedom of speech is immensely important. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have given their lives so we can have freedom of speech. When you lose that it's all downhill. First they come for your guns then they come for your keyboards.
Amen and thank you for pointing that out for us.

Reactions: WCF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom