Promises for Your Everyday Life

A Sustainable Life

Psalm 23:2 AMP 2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. [Rev. 7:17.]

Are you living a sustainable life? Maybe you've caught yourself saying things like, "I can't do this much longer. I just can't keep this up forever." When you make comments like these, what you're really saying is, "I know I have limits and that I've reached them, but I'm going to ignore them and see how long I can get by with it."

Our body gives us warnings when we're pushing too hard, like an ache here or a pain there. But we think, "I'll be all right," and we ignore the warnings until we're too sick to ignore them.

I'm not proud of this, but for the first twenty years of my ministry, I felt physically terrible a lot of the time. I ran to doctors and tried all kinds of pills and vitamins. The doctors tried to tell me that I was simply pushing myself too hard, but I ignored them. I kept pushing myself to do all the traveling, speaking engagements, meetings, and so on, simply exhausting myself.

Finally, I realized that we can't ignore God's direction to take time to rest and not pay a price for it. So I made some changes and now I feel better than I ever have.

If you are living an unsustainable life, stop putting off making the changes you need to make. Don't wait until something happens, like a nervous breakdown or a heart problem. Make changes now to live the kind of life God wants you to live.

When you live God's way, I can guarantee you'll discover an overwhelming new level of peace in your life.

Prayer Starter

Lord, show me the unsustainable areas in my life. I submit them to you lead me into your rest in peace today, so that I can enjoy my life and serve you for years to come.

10. Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Know God's Character

O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good;
How blessed [fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God] is the man who takes refuge in Him. Psalms 34:8

It's important that we know God's character. Why? It gives us discernment. If we don't know the character of God, how can we ever know who is from God and who is not from God? Here are three character traits of God that help me stay in tune with who He is and what He is doing:

1. Justice: God is a God of justice. That word justice is so awesome because it means that He will always make anything that's wrong right. This helps me to not worry when I am mistreated because I know God will bring justice. It's who He is.

2. Goodness: God is good, this fact never changes. And He's good all the time, not just once in a while or when things go your way. Psalm 34:8 says, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him" (NIV). When things are bad, I find great encouragement in God's goodness.

3. Holiness: God is holy and righteous, and He desires to make us holy, pure and clean, free from the defilements of sin. To be honest, it has helped me in my walk with God to realize that whatever He does is right, whether I like it or not. This helps me to stay in sync with Him.

These three traits are not the only characteristics of God, but they are some of the most significant and powerful ones to me.
I encourage you to spend some time looking up these traits, and other traits of God that are important to you. When you study who He is, the Holy Spirit will help you incorporate His traits into your own personality. Begin to practice them in your daily life, and see what God does... You won't be disappointed.

Prayer Starter: God, You are wonderful. Your justice, goodness, holiness, and countless other traits amaze me and remind me of how great You are. Continue to remind me of Your character so I can become more like You.

11 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Last edited:
Free to Be Relentless

Philippians 3:10 AMP 10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
Relentlessly pursuing God is not necessarily easy, but it's definitely worth it. However, you can't really pursue God until you've first experienced real freedom.

God is in the business of setting us free, and it's glorious to be free from guilt, condemnation, and always wondering what people are thinking of us.

We're set free from the concern of failing when we know who we are in Christ. This brings us the courage to be able to step out and pursue God's promises.

One of the greatest freedoms God has given me is the freedom to be me. For years I tried to be something I wasn't, feeling like I needed to be like this or like that, all the while knowing I wasn't like everyone else. Yet, I kept trying to be like others until I learned through my relationship with God who He created me to be. This also set me free from me, so I can focus on Jesus and reaching out to others the way He wants me to.

Philippians 3 says Paul was determined, or relentless, to have the things that Christ Jesus died for, to know Him and the power of His resurrection. I believe when we are born again, there is a spirit of determination that rises within us. We can call it Holy Spirit passion or zeal, and it's what gives us the 'oomph' we need during hard times to say, 'I will not give up on having an intimate, passionate, deep, personal relationship with God. I will not give up on being all that Christ wants me to be.'

Be relentless to stay in faith and receive God's promises. Remember, you belong to Him and He's given you a relentless spirit!

Prayer Starter:

God, I want to live a new life, relentlessly pursuing You and Your promises. I trust You to help me become all You created me to be and experience true freedom.

12 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

The Importance of Finishing

John 17:4 I have glorified You down here on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do.
Several years ago I read a verse that caused me to weep before the Lord. In John 17:4, Jesus says, "I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do." This is saying that following God means finishing what He's called us to do.

Ever since reading that verse, it's become very important to me that I not just do what God has called me to do, but that I finish what He's called me to do.

There are a lot of people who step out and begin a journey with God, but I don't think there are nearly as many who finish it.

The apostle Paul said, '...If only I may finish my course with joy...' (Acts 20:24).

I'm determined to finish God's call for me and enjoy every minute of it! That's what I want for you, too, to enjoy every single day of your life and finish what God's called you to do.

But most of this is up to us. It's not all up to God. He has done His part and given us everything we need in Christ. It's up to us to keep learning, growing, and letting the Spirit of God work in us. Take time to consider the things that God has called you to do and ask yourself, "What am I doing today to finish strong what God has set before me?"

God has great plans for you. Receive them by faith and go after them with all your heart. Today, I want you to make a commitment to finish strong. It's a commitment I know God will honor.

Prayer Starter:
God, like Jesus, I want to be able to say that I have completed the work You have for me. Thank You for working in me to give me the power and the desire to live for Your pleasure and finish my course with joy!

13 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Throwing Fear Outdoors

1 John 4:18 AMP 18 There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

I want to talk to you about a four-letter word: FEAR!

Many of us can probably remember when we were kids, if we said a bad word, our mama threatened to wash our mouth out with soap. Well, if "fear" is a dirty, four-letter word, then faith in God's love is the soap!

I'm not talking about wimpy faith. I'm talking about a powerful faith in God's unconditional, unlimited, unwavering, perfect love for us.

First John 4:18 teaches that understanding God's love for us will deliver us from our fears. Now this doesn't mean we won't ever feel fear, but faith in God and His love will enable us to 'do it afraid' if we have to.

God wants you to know that He is with you. He will lead and guide you, so you can put your confidence and faith in Him!

Remember, His love is perfect, even when we aren't. He isn't going to love us any more or less because of our mistakes. Isn't it good to know that God loves you right where you are? Doesn't that thought just kind of boost your faith and take your fear down a notch?

You and I are going to feel afraid now and then. When we do, we can get our focus back on God and know that He will lead us through any situation we face.

It's the perfect love of God, not perfect us, that casts out fear every single time

Prayer Starter:

God, only Your love can cast out my fear, so I put my faith in You. I know that Your presence is with me and that You will lead me through any fearful situation I face. I receive Your love.

14 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Finding the Fun

Proverbs 17:22 AMP A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.
Want to hear a funny story? I've got a lot of them, and they come from things that happened in my ordinary, everyday life. Now, I wasn't laughing when those stories were in the making, but I'm glad I can laugh about them now.
For example, I didn't think it was funny when I couldn't get my hair to stay in place, but if you'd seen what I did about it, you certainly would have laughed. It wasn't amusing when I tried to make clothes, especially for the people who had to wear them.

And I was so irritated when Dave threw paper towels over the grocery store aisle at me, but I realize now, he just knew how to have a little fun no matter what he was doing. I'm glad I've learned to look at times like these and see the humor in them.

Now I know that not everything in life is necessarily enjoyable, but I think we all need to learn to have more fun in our lives. And I bet if you took time to think about it every day, you could find a moment that brought you joy or you can laugh about now.

God wants His children to have some fun. The Bible says a merry heart does good like medicine. I think we all need a healthy dose of laughter every day - many times during the day. You just can't overdose on joy!

I encourage you to deliberately look for something to smile or laugh about every day, and be sure to share a smile or a laugh with someone else and brighten their day too! Prayer Starter: Lord, Your Word says that a cheerful heart is like good medicine. Thank You for helping me to find the joy and fun in life!

15 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Living a Life of Blessing

Galatians 6:10 AMP 10 So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good [morally] to all people [not only being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God's family with you, the believers].
I believe that one of the greatest opportunities we have as Christians is to make a profound difference in the lives of others. Throughout my life of ministry, God has given me the opportunity to help many people who need guidance.

But I don't believe this is a special opportunity that God made just for me. Everyone, you included, has the ability to influence someone. When you take the time to reach out to others and invest in someone's life, you are impacting the world...yours and theirs.

Galatians 6:10 tells us to "be mindful to be a blessing" to everyone God brings across our path. We are called to be a blessing and build up others in their faith, to not be afraid to reach out and to speak the truth in love.

I don't believe God wants us to be mere spectators in life. He wants us to be people who really love others and care enough to be willing to pour into their lives. We need to build up others in Jesus' name so they can grow and reach even more people.

Whether you know it or not, someone's watching and looking up to you. People are influenced by the way you live and they need to see God's love in your everyday actions.

At times we'll make mistakes, and when we do we can thank God for His forgiveness, but we also have to realize that many times we may be the only evidence of God some people see.

Prayer Starter:

God, every day there is another opportunity that You have given me to reach out, bless and influence someone else with Your love. I want to live a life of blessing toward others, showing them what it means to live a God-focused life.

16 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Faith to See Yourself Through God's Eyes

First John 4:4.... He who is in you is greater then he who is in the world.
Whatever you're facing in life, or whatever is coming in your future, God has already given you the faith for it. It may not look like it, and you may not feel like you have what it takes to overcome, but faith in God isn't based on our circumstances or how we feel.

The enemy would like for you to believe that you don't have a chance of life, that you're too weak, too poor, to whatever. But God has a different view with you. God sees you through the eyes of love. He sees who you are in Christ – what you can be and what he has invested in you – not what you or others may see.

Seeing yourself the way God sees you leads to a life of overwhelming victory.

But it takes faith. You can't just hear that God loves you and sees you as his child – you have to believe it. It takes faith to move forward and overcome the challenges of life. And faith does you no good if you don't know how to release it. You have to release your faith in order for it to work.

We release faith through our words, actions and, of course, through prayer. It's up to us to act.

1 John 4:4 is a Scripture Christians quote a lot, and almost any time I say this first in a church or conference, somebody claps and cheers but how many people really believe that he who is in you is greater then he who is in the world?

The truth is, the one in you is greater, and he loves you. So stretch your faith today and see yourself the way God sees you. Doesn't matter what the enemy wants you to see or how things might look. Our faith overcomes through the one who lives in us!

Prayer Starter

God, I believe that you love me and you have given me the power to overcome as your child, I will act on the faith you have given me every day, trusting in you and overcoming any obstacle that comes my way.

17 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Be a Mouthpiece for God!

1 Peter 3:10 AMP 10 For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good–whether apparent or not] keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit).
If you can grasp an understanding of the power of the words you speak, it may just change the course of your life! Your mouth is a powerful tool, either for God or for the enemy. In other words, you can either speak positive, uplifting, encouraging things into existence in your life or produce negative, gloomy and discouraging things.

Now, I don't believe any of us want to be a mouthpiece for the devil. But the fact is, the mouth can be used for blessing or destruction, not only in our lives, but also in the lives of others. I've seen it in my own life. There was a time when pretty much everything I said was negative.

But the Holy Spirit taught me how to use the creative power of the Word of God. I learned how to speak to the mountains rather than about the mountains in my life. What I mean is, I learned to apply the truth of His Word to my circumstances, and over time, I began to see positive and lasting results.

The mouth is like a pen and your heart is like a tablet. When you say something over and over, it gets on the inside of you and becomes you. It's not something you have to try to do anymore, it's who you are.

I'd much rather be a mouthpiece for God than the enemy. I want to speak His truth and enjoy my life.

First Peter 3:10 says, "Let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days...keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile." Do you want to enjoy life? Then use your mouth to speak the things of God into your life!

Prayer Starter:

Lord, I know that my mouth is a powerful tool that can be used for You or for the enemy. I submit my mouth to You. Show me how to speak Your truth into my life and into the lives of others.

18 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional​

Separate Your 'Who' from Your 'Do'

Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]. 2 Corinthians 5:17

I've made mistakes in my life, and I'm sure I'll make mistakes in the future, but I still like myself. The fact is, I don't do everything right all the time, but that doesn't affect who I am. I know I'm loved and I'm still a good person. That's because I've learned to separate my 'who,' new creature in Christ, from my 'do.'

When you realize that what you 'do' doesn't determine 'who' you are, you can experience a new level of freedom from shame.

When you know that God likes you, you can start to really like yourself. When you start to like yourself, other people begin to like you too. Liking yourself doesn't mean you're full of pride; it simply means you accept yourself as the person God created you to be.

We all need changes in our behavior, but accepting ourselves as God's creation is vital to our progress in becoming an emotionally healthy person. If we can master this one thing, liking ourselves, it will work wonders in helping us to overcome a shame-based nature.

Prayer Starter: Holy Spirit, help me to separate my 'do' from my 'who'. I can like myself and experience freedom from shame because You are constantly working in my life.

Day 365 Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional​

Day 1. How to Experience His Presence in Your Everyday Life

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Life is busy and filled with distractions. It's so easy to get caught up in our cares, errands and worries that we lose sight of what matters most.

There's an interesting little story at the end of Luke chapter two about when Mary and Joseph took Jesus to Jerusalem for Passover when He was twelve years old.

After the festival was over, they left to go home, supposing He was with them. I wonder how many times we suppose God's with us when we've wandered off to do our own thing? Now here's the interesting part.

Mary and Joseph had traveled a day's journey before they realized Jesus wasn't with them and then it took three days to find Him. Three days! The message here is that it's easier to lose that special presence of God than it is to get it back once we've lost it.

We need to be careful to remain in the presence of God. When we do, we make God feel at home in our hearts. This simply starts with being obedient to His Word.

A commitment to turn from behavior that offends God is the number one sign of spiritual maturity. It shows you care about what He thinks.

That means you choose to be generous toward others, you learn to forgive, let go of your offenses and live in peace.

When we choose to be intentional with our words, giving thanks to God and lifting up others, we'll feel connected to God all throughout the day.

Prayer Starter:

Father, thank You for making Your home in my heart. I need Your presence today, Lord. Help me to honor You with my thoughts and my words and to be a blessing to those around me.

Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional​

Day 2: Jump-Start your Dreams

Where there is no vision [no revelation of God and His word], the people are unrestrained;
But happy and blessed is he who keeps the law [of God]. Proverbs 29:18

What is the dream that God's placed in your heart?I'm not asking if you have one, I already know it's there because God gives all of us dreams. I've seen people do all kinds of things to their dreams.

Some people bury them so deep in their hearts in order to protect them from the criticism of others. Some people set them out of sight so they don't have to think about them anymore.

And some people finally just give up on their dreams because it hurts too much to hold on. If your dream needs a jump-start, there are two things I want you to remember. First, you need to get a vision that's clear. And second, you must keep your vision in front of you at all times. But having a vision doesn't mean that it will instantly appear.

God's as interested in the process of vision as He is in the end result. The apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:11-13 that he had learned how to be content and satisfied to the point where he was not disturbed by whatever state he was in. In other words, he never allowed himself to get upset with where he was at the moment, he was always looking forward to where he could be.

That means you, like Paul, need to find a balance between contentment and ambition. Here's the key: Learn to enjoy where you are on the way to where you're going. When you have a dream or a vision, you have to keep it in front of you. If it helps, write it down. And remember, God will help you live the dream He's given you, step-by-step, one day at a time.

Prayer Starter:

Jesus, even though I don't always feel like it and life tries to get me to quit, I believe You have a great plan for my life. I choose to trust You to help me live the dream You've given me more than I trust my circumstances.

Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional

Day 3: Oh Yes You Can

For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. 1 Corinthians 10:13

But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently. 1 Corinthians 10:13

We will all face temptation –it’s an unavoidable part of life. The question is not, will you be tempted? The question is, when you’re tempted, will you be ready? I really want you to get this: you can beat temptation, stop saying “I just don’t think I can.” Take “I can’t!” out of your vocabulary.

In your own strength and by your own ability, you’re right. You can’t. But when you put God’s word in your heart, when you lean on His strength and truth in His promises, there’s no temptation you can’t overcome.

Over the years, I’ve noticed five things that make all the difference in overcoming temptation. First, you’ve got to be wise. Think about the choices you’re making and the consequences before you make them. Wisdom looks ahead.

Next, you have to believe that you can resist temptation. Condemnation, guilt and shame work off of momentum-if you stop the early, they lose their power, but once they get rolling, they’re hard to stop.

Third, think of facing temptation as normal life. If you’re expecting a fight, you’ll always be ready. Fourth, while avoiding areas of weakness. Don’t put yourself in situations where you can easily fall. If you struggle with managing your money, the go to the mall when you can afford to buy anything!

And finally, don’t give yourself too much credit. We don’t graduate from being tempted. It’s so easy to think you have matured beyond the stumbling, and once that happens, you make yourself an easy target.

God wants you to trust him to bring victory in every area of your life. By His grace… you can!

Prayer Starter:

God, I realized temptation is a part of life. Help me not to be caught off guard or surprised when it comes. Thank you for the wisdom and grace to overcome any and all temptations and to live in your victory.

Day 4: Love in Action

By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love and unselfish concern for one another John 13:35

As Christians, we are called to show others love. Jesus told His disciples, "By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves]" (John 13:35).

So many people see love as 'just a feeling,' but it's so much more than that. True love shows itself through action.

And this action doesn't have to be impossible and overwhelming. One of the best ways to show the love of Jesus is through simple, everyday action,

- Like giving a small gift to someone or striking up a conversation with a downcast individual who needs a friend.

- Or giving a bag of groceries to the single mom who lives down the street and is struggling to put food on the table.

- Showing love can even be as simple as smiling and saying hello to a person you pass on the street, in the hall, or at the store.

There are many ways to demonstrate the love of Christ. When you show His love to someone else, it can soften that person's heart, and before you know it, they'll be finding ways to reach out and show love to others, and so on and so on. So celebrate God's love and let Him lead you. Is He putting someone on your heart right now?

I want my love for Jesus to be reflected in the way I show love for others, even those who may be difficult to love. If I can soften one hard heart with the love of God, maybe that person will soften another's heart with love, then that one will reach out to others, and so on and so on... And soon we'll have a love revolution!

Prayer Starter:

God, I want my love for You to be reflected in the way I show love for others. Show me ways to demonstrate love to anyone and everyone that You bring across my path.

Day 5 / Grace, God's Power Freely Given

If you've been in the world very long, you've learned that there are very few days that go exactly the way we'd like them to go. Thankfully, God is never going to put us in a situation without giving us the ability to be in it with joy. I believe God gives us His special grace for every situation.

Here's how I like to define grace: God's power to help us do whatever it is we need to do. You can have that power today, but you have to receive it, and the only way to receive it is by faith. Romans 12:3 says that "God has allotted to each a measure of faith." Ask yourself today, "What am I doing with my faith?"

Are you putting your faith in yourself, or in others, or in your circumstances? That's not living in grace, that's just living by your own strength and works. And it won't get the job done! But when you release your faith and trust God to do what you can't do, you're putting your faith in Him.

Then grace, God's power, will come through the channel of faith and will enable you to do things that will amaze you and others. Here's my longer definition of grace: It's God's power coming to us freely, meaning it doesn't cost us anything other than just putting our faith in God, enabling us to do with ease what we could never do on our own with any amount of struggle or effort. Put your faith in God. He wants to give you His grace today.

Prayer Starter:

God, I know that life won't always go the way I want it to, but I trust in You. By faith, I receive Your grace, the power You have freely given to help me walk through any situation I face today.

Day 6: Relying on God

Galatians 5:16
16 But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God)
I believe every time we feel frustration, it means we've really stopped relying on God. That might sound like a bold statement to you, but think about it: God's given you and me His Holy Spirit and His grace to help us walk through anything that comes our way. Frustration hits when we stop depending on Him and try to make something happen our own way.

Understanding this really helped me. Every time I became frustrated, I reminded myself that what I was really doing was trying to take the place of the Holy Spirit. I was trying to be Holy Spirit Junior!

Do you struggle with an independent spirit? When you refuse to depend on God, in essence, you're saying, "Okay, God, I appreciate that You're around, but watch me do this." Depending on God for everything may be difficult, but it's the key to the victory we need every single day of our lives.

When God saved us, He didn't help us and then say, "Ok, that's it. You're on your own now!" He's eternally saved us, which means if we depend on Him, He will guide us and help us.

Galations 5:16 urges us to "walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit...then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh".... Notice that it doesn't say "conquer the flesh independently...then you will certainly not gratify the desires of the flesh." No, it says to live in the Holy Spirit.

Choose to stop living independently, and rely on the Holy Spirit. I promise you won't regret it!

Prayer Starter:
God, You are all I need. Help me not to trust in myself, but to put my trust in You and to rely only on You.

Day 7: Jesus is Our Exampel

God is Love. 1 john 4:8
Love is something that can be seen. It is seen in the fruit of the spirit working in our lives, in our behavior and how we treat people. Love has many facets, or different ways we see it. For example when a diamond ring is held up to the light it can sparkle various ways depending on which way is turned. I believe love also sparkles in different ways depending on how we look at it. First Corinthians 13:4-7 gives us examples of the many facets of love new.

• Love endures long - it has the ability to put up with stuff for long time.
  • Love is never envious – it doesn't want what it doesn't have.
  • Love is not boastful or vainglorious – it doesn't call attention to itself.
  • Love is not conceited or rude.
  • Love doesn't insist on its own way.
  • Love pays no attention to a suffered wrong.
  • Love never gives up!
These are just a few ways were supposed to love others and it's also the way God loves us. 1 John 4:8 says that God is love. He loves us and has saved us, so now we can share his love with others.

To imitate God, we have to look at Jesus, a perfect representation of God who lived out all of the descriptions of love in 1 Corinthians 13. He always acted in love in every situation, even when people came against him.

Colossians 3:12 – 14 says to close yourself therefore, as God's own chosen ones – and above all these (put on) love – like Jesus let's clothe ourselves in love and choose to follow his example, bringing honor and glory to God.

Prayer Starter

God, you have shown me what love is like a loving the first. Help me to follow the example of Jesus and live out all the facets of love in my day to day life.

Day 8: What Do We Do?

Galatians 6:9 9 And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.
In the world we live in, we are going to have all kinds of problems, frustrations and difficulties. That's just life. So knowing this, what do we do?

We must remain steadfast and persevere. In other words, the answer is never give up! No matter what's going on in our lives, the victory is in refusing to quit.

Keep in mind that in the heat of our struggles, the Holy Spirit is probably doing His greatest work within us. He is not moved by the circumstances. If you and I really trust Him, we shouldn't be either! He's not in our lives for good times only, but for the difficult times as well.

He will lead us through anything if we'll just hang in there and follow Him. This means being diligent in prayer, relentless in our resolve, unwavering in faith, and determined to stand firmly on God's Word and His promises to us.

So many times we can be sidetracked by how slowly things seem to be going. In fact, the enemy loves to point that out! But remember, that's when God may be doing some of His greatest work. You see, it's not all about you and me. The Lord's work in us is preparation for the work He wants to do through us!

I know life can be hard sometimes. But I also know that God will help us if we remain steadfast. Let's stand on Galatians 6:9: "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up" (NLT).

So let me ask that question again: What do we do? My answer is, never give up! What's your answer?

Prayer Starter:

God, I believe that You are at work in my life, even during difficult times. I choose today to remain steadfast and to never give up in obedience to You.

Day 9: Boundaries Have a Purpose!

Proverbs 3:5-6 Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

Exercising self-control and self-discipline, and establishing boundaries and borders in our life are some of the most important things we can do. A life that has no discipline is one that's filled with carelessness.

The Word of God establishes the necessary boundaries to keep us in God's safety zone. It tells us what we can do, and what we better not do, to be safe.

As Christians we can think it's kind of exciting to live life on the edge. We like the image of "Yeah! That's me! Living on the edge!" It's become a popular way of looking at life. But to be honest, God doesn't want us living on the edge, because if we're living on the edge, then we have no margin for error.

Highways have lines, one on each side and one in the center. These lines provide margins for our safety while we're driving. If we go over the line on one side, we'll go into the ditch. If we cross over the line in the middle, we could get killed. We like those lines because they help keep us safe.

It's like that in our personal lives, too. When we have boundaries, borders, and margins, we feel much better and experience God's peace.

The key is to go to God's Word, where He has laid out all the boundaries we need to live by. Let God direct your path every day.

Prayer Starter:

God, I recognize the need for boundaries in my life. As I read Your Word, show me how to apply Your healthy boundaries in my life today.

Day 10: A Sustainable Life

Psalm 23:2 AMP 2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. [Rev. 7:17.]
Are you living a sustainable life? Maybe you've caught yourself saying things like, "I can't do this much longer. I just can't keep this up forever." When you make comments like these, what you're really saying is, "I know I have limits and that I've reached them, but I'm going to ignore them and see how long I can get by with it."

Our body gives us warnings when we're pushing too hard, like an ache here or a pain there. But we think, "I'll be all right," and we ignore the warnings until we're too sick to ignore them.

I'm not proud of this, but for the first twenty years of my ministry, I felt physically terrible a lot of the time. I ran to doctors and tried all kinds of pills and vitamins. The doctors tried to tell me that I was simply pushing myself too hard, but I ignored them. I kept pushing myself to do all the traveling, speaking engagements, meetings, and so on, simply exhausting myself.

Finally, I realized that we can't ignore God's direction to take time to rest and not pay a price for it. So I made some changes and now I feel better than I ever have.

If you are living an unsustainable life, stop putting off making the changes you need to make. Don't wait until something happens, like a nervous breakdown or a heart problem. Make changes now to live the kind of life God wants you to live.

When you live God's way, I can guarantee you'll discover an overwhelming new level of peace in your life.

Prayer starter

Lord, show me the unsustainable areas in my life. I submit them to you lead me into your rest in peace today, so that I can enjoy my life and serve you for years to come

Back
Top Bottom