Paul's Theology #2 "Rightly divide"

That the Gentiles should be fellow-heirs,
and of the same body,
and partakers of His promise in Christ
by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister,

according to the gift of the grace of God
given unto me by the effectual working of His power.
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles
the unsearchable riches of Christ;
... '

(Eph 3:6-8)

Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you,
and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ
in my flesh for his body's sake,
which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you,
to fulfil the word of God;
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,

.. but now is made manifest to His saints:
.... To whom God would make known
...... what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
........ which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:'

(Col 1:24-27)

Praise God!

Last edited:
There are many other issues in Scripture like this, so it’s imperative to determine which commands God would have us obey today.

There are no commandments you can keep that will deal with your sin.

And unless ALL your sin is dealt with, you will not go to heaven,

So, can works, law, or commandments, deal with ALL your sin?

Thats a NO.

So what is left, is SALVATiON.

See := Jesus on the Cross as THE ONLY WAY to heaven, as your Salvation.

This : John 14:6

Its about time you recognized this, and stopped posting "works" and "commandments" as Salvation. As they are NOT your salvation, unless works and commandments died on the Cross for all your sin.

Maybe you think they did, @Johann

It was hidden from them but it was there in the OT and revealed in the NT. God promised His Spirit ( Christ in you ) would dwell in man permanently in the future. And Christ was in the OT prophets. 1 Peter 1:11- the spirit of Christ in them pointing to the sufferings of the Messiah and the glory to follow.

See Psalm 19, 22 and Isaiah 53
'And to make all men see
what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world
hath been hid in God,

Who created all things by Jesus Christ:'

(Eph 3:9)

Hello @civic,

What you are referring to is, 'The Mystery of Christ' (Eph. 3) which was the subject of the Old Testament Prophets, and made known to the New Testament Apostles and Prophets by revelation from above. But 'The Mystery' which had been made known to Paul, as the Lord's prisoner, was, as he tells us in Ephesians 3:9, ' unsearchable', or, 'hid from ages and generations.' (Col 1).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

'And to make all men see
what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world
hath been hid in God,

Who created all things by Jesus Christ:'

(Eph 3:9)

Hello @civic,

What you are referring to is, 'The Mystery of Christ' (Eph. 3) which was the subject of the Old Testament Prophets, and made known to the New Testament Apostles and Prophets by revelation from above. But 'The Mystery' which had been made known to Paul, as the Lord's prisoner, was, as he tells us in Ephesians 3:9, ' unsearchable', or, 'hid from ages and generations.' (Col 1).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Rightly cutting straight the D'varim of YHVH-I am as excited as you are Chris.

Mystery in Paul’s Epistles and the Revelation
by Pastor J. C. O'Hair

Romans 11:25:

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this MYSTERY lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”

Romans 16:25 and 26:

“Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began.

“But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.”

I Corinthians 2:7 and 8:

“But we speak the wisdom of God in a MYSTERY, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

“Which none of the princes of this world knew; for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.”

I Corinthians 4:1:

“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the MYSTERIES of God.”

I Corinthians 13:2:

“And though I have the gifts of prophecy and understand all MYSTERIES and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”

I Corinthians 14:2:

“For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men but unto God; for no man understandeth him, howbeit in the Spirit he speaketh MYSTERIES.”

I Corinthians 15: 51 and 52:

“Behold, I shew you a MYSTERY: we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

Ephesians 1:9 and 10:

“Having made known unto us the MYSTERY of His will according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself;

“That in the dispensation of the fulness of time He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth; even in Him.”

Ephesians 3:3 to 5:

“How that by revelation He made known unto me the MYSTERY; (as I wrote afore in few words,

“Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the MYSTERY of Christ)

“Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.”

Ephesians 3:8 and 9:

“Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

“And to make all men know what is the fellowship of the MYSTERY, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.”

Ephesians 5:32:

“This is a great MYSTERY, but I speak concerning Christ and the Church.”

Ephesians 6:19:

“And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the MYSTERY of the gospel,

“For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly as I ought to speak.”

Colossians 1:25 to 27:

“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God. which is given to me for you, to fulfil the Word of God

“Even the MYSTERY which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints.

“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this MYSTERY among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you the hope of glory.”

Colossians 2: 2 and 3:

“That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the MYSTERY of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.”

Colossians 4:3 and 4:

“Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the MYSTERY of Christ, for which I am also in bonds,

“That I may make it manifest, as l ought to speak.”

II Thessalonians 2:7:

“For the MYSTERY of iniquity doth already work, only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.”

I Timothy 3:9:

“Holding the MYSTERY of the faith in a pure conscience.”

I Timothy 3:16:

“And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of godliness; God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”

Revelation 1:20:

“The MYSTERY of the seven stars which thou seeest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches; and the seven candlesticks which thou Seest are the seven churches.”

Revelation 10:7:

“But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the MYSTERY of God should be finished, as He hath declared by His servants the prophets.”

Revelation 17:5:

“And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.”

Revelation 17:7:

“And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the MYSTERY of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.”

Johann.

Last edited:
Not true and I’ll get back to this later. Heading to our Saturday morning Mens discipleship then a garage sale at my daughter’s house. So illl be tied up for a while.

Take your time.

If you think every mystery has been revealed, I don't know what to tell you.

We see through a glass darkly, is how Paul put it.

Rightly cutting straight the D'varim of YHVH-I am as excited as you are Chris.

Mystery in Paul’s Epistles and the Revelation
by Pastor J. C. O'Hair

Romans 11:25:
“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this MYSTERY lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”

Romans 16:25 and 26:
“Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the MYSTERY, which was kept secret since the world began.

“But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.”

I Corinthians 2:7 and 8:
“But we speak the wisdom of God in a MYSTERY, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.
“Which none of the princes of this world knew; for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.”
I Corinthians 4:1:
“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the MYSTERIES of God.”

I Corinthians 13:2:
“And though I have the gifts of prophecy and understand all MYSTERIES and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could move mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”

I Corinthians 14:2:
“For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men but unto God; for no man understandeth him, howbeit in the Spirit he speaketh MYSTERIES.”

I Corinthians 15: 51 and 52:
“Behold, I shew you a MYSTERY: we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

Ephesians 1:9 and 10:
“Having made known unto us the MYSTERY of His will according to His good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself;
“That in the dispensation of the fulness of time He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth; even in Him.”

Ephesians 3:3 to 5:

“How that by revelation He made known unto me the MYSTERY; (as I wrote afore in few words,
“Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the MYSTERY of Christ)

“Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.”

Ephesians 3:8 and 9:
“Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
“And to make all men know what is the fellowship of the MYSTERY, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.”

Ephesians 5:32:
“This is a great MYSTERY, but I speak concerning Christ and the Church.”

Ephesians 6:19:
“And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the MYSTERY of the gospel,
“For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly as I ought to speak.”

Colossians 1:25 to 27:
“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God. which is given to me for you, to fulfil the Word of God
“Even the MYSTERY which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints.
“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this MYSTERY among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you the hope of glory.”

Colossians 2: 2 and 3:
“That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the MYSTERY of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.”

Colossians 4:3 and 4:
“Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the MYSTERY of Christ, for which I am also in bonds,
“That I may make it manifest, as l ought to speak.”

II Thessalonians 2:7:
“For the MYSTERY of iniquity doth already work, only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.”

I Timothy 3:9:
“Holding the MYSTERY of the faith in a pure conscience.”

I Timothy 3:16:
“And without controversy great is the MYSTERY of godliness; God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”

Revelation 1:20:
“The MYSTERY of the seven stars which thou seeest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches; and the seven candlesticks which thou Seest are the seven churches.”

Revelation 10:7:
“But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the MYSTERY of God should be finished, as He hath declared by His servants the prophets.”

Revelation 17:5:
“And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.”

Revelation 17:7:
“And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the MYSTERY of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.”

Johann.
Hello @Johann,

You have referred to several mysteries:-

* The mystery of Israel's blindness.
* The mystery of Christ
* Concerning the resurrection and ascension of Thessalonians
* The mystery of God's will.
* The Mystery.

* Oops! (door bell !! )Got to go now.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @Johann,

You have referred to several mysteries:-

* The mystery of Israel's blindness.
* The mystery of Christ
* Concerning the resurrection and ascension of Thessalonians
* The mystery of God's will.
* The Mystery.

* Oops! (door bell !! )Got to go now.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Mystery concerning the resurrection and ascension of Thessalonians?
LessonDurationSize
Lesson 1: The Mystery of Iniquity49:045.61 MB
Lesson 2: The Mystery of the Gospel39:434.55 MB
Lesson 3: The Mystery of the Translation38:074.36 MB
Lesson 4: The Mystery of Godliness52:516.05 MB
Lesson 5: The Great Mystery41:104.71 MB
Lesson 6: The Mystery of the Fullness of the Gentiles37:504.33 MB
Lesson 7: The Mystery of His Will32:383.74 MB

“In [Christ] are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
- Colossians 2:3

1. 2:1-2 – Acknowledging the Mystery
a. Everyone knows the Laodiceans from Rev 3:14-21, but these are not them
b. The Colossians lacked assurance (in the sufficiency of Christ) – 2:2
c. Faith is evidence, it makes certain – Heb 11:1, Rom 10:17
d. Obtain assurance by reading and understanding the evidence for the truth
e. Our salvation is sure because of the work completed – Rom 5:11
f. Three mysteries: mystery of God: Rev 10:5-7, 11:15
g. Mystery of the Father: his glory in the Son – Eph 1:8-10, Phil 2:9-11
h. Mystery of Christ: the body of Christ mystery – Eph 3:1-6, Rom 16:25
2. 2:3-4 – All Treasures
a. The treasures are in Christ – Col 1:27
b. ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge – Eph 3:10-11
c. The natural man can not discern them - 1 Cor 2:6-14
d. Deceptions (beguile) are enticing – 1 Cor 2:4-5
e. The world is enticing, but its treasures vain – 1 John 2:15-16; Gen 3:5-6
f. The deception is that Christ is insufficient – 1 Cor 1:17, Gal 2:21, 5:4
g. The knowledge of Christ is superior to all things – Phil 3:8
h. False teachers exist, they name Christ – 2 Cor 11:3-4, Gal 2:4, Eph 5:6
3. 2:5 – Their Order and Steadfastness
a. Paul is absent, but he faces conflict for them – Gal 2:5, Phil 1:24-26
b. Order is the foundation of all things – 1 Cor 14:40
c. Disorder is rebellion against God – 2 Thess 3:6, Rom 13:2
d. Steadfastness def. – firm, fixed, constant, “hold fast” – 2 Tim 1:13
e. Conviction is good, but our head is Christ
4. 2:6-7 – Walk in Christ!
a. The issue: they had received the faith, but were not walking in it
b. Walking is by faith in Christ – Gal 2:20
c. Christ was all you needed for salvation – Rom 4:5, Rom 5:1
d. The gospel of Christ is all you need to walk: no lists, no requirements

Last edited:
Mystery concerning the resurrection and ascension of Thessalonians?
LessonDurationSize
Lesson 1: The Mystery of Iniquity49:045.61 MB
Lesson 2: The Mystery of the Gospel39:434.55 MB
Lesson 3: The Mystery of the Translation38:074.36 MB
Lesson 4: The Mystery of Godliness52:516.05 MB
Lesson 5: The Great Mystery41:104.71 MB
Lesson 6: The Mystery of the Fullness of the Gentiles37:504.33 MB
Lesson 7: The Mystery of His Will32:383.74 MB

“In [Christ] are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
- Colossians 2:3

1. 2:1-2 – Acknowledging the Mystery
a. Everyone knows the Laodiceans from Rev 3:14-21, but these are not them
b. The Colossians lacked assurance (in the sufficiency of Christ) – 2:2
c. Faith is evidence, it makes certain – Heb 11:1, Rom 10:17
d. Obtain assurance by reading and understanding the evidence for the truth
e. Our salvation is sure because of the work completed – Rom 5:11
f. Three mysteries: mystery of God: Rev 10:5-7, 11:15
g. Mystery of the Father: his glory in the Son – Eph 1:8-10, Phil 2:9-11
h. Mystery of Christ: the body of Christ mystery – Eph 3:1-6, Rom 16:25
2. 2:3-4 – All Treasures
a. The treasures are in Christ – Col 1:27
b. ALL the treasures of wisdom and knowledge – Eph 3:10-11
c. The natural man can not discern them - 1 Cor 2:6-14
d. Deceptions (beguile) are enticing – 1 Cor 2:4-5
e. The world is enticing, but its treasures vain – 1 John 2:15-16; Gen 3:5-6
f. The deception is that Christ is insufficient – 1 Cor 1:17, Gal 2:21, 5:4
g. The knowledge of Christ is superior to all things – Phil 3:8
h. False teachers exist, they name Christ – 2 Cor 11:3-4, Gal 2:4, Eph 5:6
3. 2:5 – Their Order and Steadfastness
a. Paul is absent, but he faces conflict for them – Gal 2:5, Phil 1:24-26
b. Order is the foundation of all things – 1 Cor 14:40
c. Disorder is rebellion against God – 2 Thess 3:6, Rom 13:2
d. Steadfastness def. – firm, fixed, constant, “hold fast” – 2 Tim 1:13
e. Conviction is good, but our head is Christ
4. 2:6-7 – Walk in Christ!
a. The issue: they had received the faith, but were not walking in it
b. Walking is by faith in Christ – Gal 2:20
c. Christ was all you needed for salvation – Rom 4:5, Rom 5:1
d. The gospel of Christ is all you need to walk: no lists, no requirements
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST
A PLAIN ANSWER FROM SCRIPTURE

“Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the
preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery,
which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest”
~ Romans 16:25
1. The Secrets of God
a. The secret things belong to the Lord – Deut 29:29
b. God knows the secret things, and can reveal them - Daniel 2:18-22
c. God has revealed mysteries, the most important is about Christ to Paul – Eph 3:2
d. Last week we learned that we know Christ not after the flesh – 2 Cor 5:16-17
e. We preach Christ according to the revelation of the mystery.
f. A good question to ask: What is the mystery?
2. Many Mysteries
a. First, there is more than one – 1 Cor 4:1, Col 2:2
b. Mystery of the kingdom: it was being delayed - Mat 13:11, Mark 4:11
c. Mystery of God: the end of all prophecy - Rev 10:7
d. Mystery of the Father: to be glorified in the Son - Eph 1:9-10, Phil 2:9-11
e. Mystery of godliness: about God manifest in the flesh – 1 Tim 3:16
f. Mystery of iniquity: about Satan’s manifestation in the flesh – 2 Thess 2:7
g. Mystery of Israel: their salvation postponed, blind until later - Rom 11:25
h. We preach Jesus Christ … not merely mysteries. It is the mystery of Christ.
3. What is the Mystery of Christ?
a. Israel’s fall + preaching Christ = Christ is not of Israel anymore - Rom 11:11, 25
b. Christ revealed it to Paul – Rom 11:13, Gal 1:11-12, 15-16, Eph 3:1-4
c. It concerns the gospel of Christ – Eph 6:19, 1 Cor 9:17, 1 Cor 2:7-8
i. The very gospel of the cross that saves us – 1 Cor 1:18, 23-24, 2:1
d. (Mystery of Christ is the gospel today; it is simple to understand, hard to believe)

e. It is about a new creature, one body, the church – 2 Cor 5:17, Eph 3:6, 5:32
f. It includes the riches of Christ to perform a heavenly ministry – Eph 3:8-11
i. Christ did it all… and he is over all – Eph 1:20-21, Col 1:18-19
g. Summary: riches, among Gentiles, Christ in us, hope of glory – Col 1:25-27
h. The mystery was unknown before and is new compared to Israel’s instructions
4. Conclusion
a. Knowing mysteries is insufficient without charity - 1 Cor 13:2
b. Charity desires to see the truth benefit others – 1 Cor 13:6
c. Preaching the mystery is insufficient without Christ. Start with the gospel!
d. We do not merely preach the mystery, we preach Jesus Christ according to...

e. We preach the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ, crucified, according to the mystery.

I never said every mystery but emphasized the hidden mystery in/ of Christ
Amen-

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Take your time.

If you think every mystery has been revealed, I don't know what to tell you.

We see through a glass darkly, is how Paul put it.
When Paul told the Corinthians that one day they too would see the Lord “face to face” (I Cor. 13:12), he spoke not of the day when they would see His face in heaven, but of a face-to-face relationship with the Lord that they actually lived to see and enjoy. You see, as Paul wrote these words the Bible was not yet complete. Consequently, men were able to see God only as “through a glass, darkly.” The crude glass of ancient days gave men an unclear view of what was on the other side.

It reminds me of how before the launch of satellite telescopes, Earth-based telescopes labored under the limitation of having to peer at the stars through the earth’s atmosphere, which distorted man’s view of the heavens. One scientist likened it to bird-watching from the bottom of a lake! But the launch and perfecting of the Hubble telescope gave science a crystal clear image of Creation.

In much the same way, the addition of Paul’s last epistles completed the Word of God (Col. 1:25), and launched our understanding into the heavens (Eph. 1:3). Now as we look into the pages of God’s completed revelation, we are able to see God Himself “face to face.”

Paul used yet another metaphor to drive this point home. Looking into the unfinished Word of God was also like looking into the crude mirrors of those days. Mirrors in Paul’s day gave imperfect reflections, and so while everyone else knew exactly what Paul looked like, Paul himself knew what he looked like only “in part” (I Cor. 13:12). Similarly, with the Bible incomplete, men had an unclear view of the image of God. But once the Word of God was complete, Paul predicted: “then shall I know even as also I am known,” i.e., then he would know God as clearly as men knew him.

Thus there is no excuse for us to be two-faced Christians. As we peer daily into the pages of the written Word of God, we can see God “face to face,” and can sculpt our lives into His image:

“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (II Cor. 3:18).

Wow, what a weird theory, never heard this one before.

This makes no sense at all.

Thanks for sharing.
By and in the Holy Spirit of course and according to the amount of light you and I have and receive and grow in Christ-

“Henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we Him [so] no more” (II Cor. 5:16).

And again in Hebrews 2:8,9, the Apostle declares: “Now we see not yet all things put under him, but we see Jesus…. crowned with glory and honor” as the One who “tasted death for every man.”

It is wonderful to remember our Lord as the Babe born at Bethlehem, but still more wonderful to know Him now as the One who is “able to save unto the uttermost all them that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make inter- cession for them” (Heb. 7:25).

But we see Jesus,.... Not with bodily eyes, but with the eyes of the mind, and understanding; that he is Jesus, as the Syriac version reads; and that he is designed in the above words; and that he has all things made subject unto him; and that he was humbled, and now exalted.

It's kind of a Full Preterist view to try to say 1 Cor. 13 is fulfilled in writing the last book of the Bible.

So they can "prove" the gifts have ceased.

Paul is not even talking about the context of any Biblical canon here, but rather what love means.

It's kind of a Full Preterist view to try to say 1 Cor. 13 is fulfilled in writing the last book of the Bible.

Paul is not even talking about the context of any Biblical canon here, but rather what love means.
Weird argument-but oh well-we can't be always right. Least of all-me.

So many people are in search for a word from God. Some look for signs, interpret circumstances, search and pay for a prophet to prophesy their future. Yet they are looking in the wrong place for Gods message to them. Learn why we cast doubt upon God’s sufficient word to us, when we flippantly chase after new revelations.

Topical Index Page

Related Posts:
- Where to Find God’s Word
- How to Know the Bible is God’s Word
- How to Know the Bible is God’s Word
- The Bible as God’s Word
- Starting With Faith
- Grace Truth – Lessons from the word of God rightly divided

Last edited:
One key is to look at what is motivating the argument—the other beliefs that are held by the proponent.

The "agenda."
Still weird-

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, [not every spirit believe], but distinguish the spirits, if [of God they are]! for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

1Jn 4:2 By this you know the spirit of God -- every spirit which acknowledges Jesus Christ [in flesh having come of God is].
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit which does not acknowledge Jesus Christ [in flesh having come of God is not]. And this is the thing of the antichrist, which you heard that it comes, and [now in the world is] already.
1Jn 4:4 You [of God are], sons, and have overcome them; for greater is the one in you, than the one in the world.
1Jn 4:5 They [of the world are]; because of this [of the world they speak], and the world hears them.
1Jn 4:6 We [of God are]; the one knowing God, hears us; the one who is not of God, does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of the truth and the spirit of the delusion.
God Is Love
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, we should love one another, for love [of God is]; and every one loving [of God is engendered], and knows God.
1Jn 4:8 The one not loving does not know God, for God is love.
1Jn 4:9 In this was made manifest the love of God in us, that his son, the only born, God sent into the world, that we should live through him.
1Jn 4:10 In this is the love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his son as an atonement for our sins.
1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if thus God loved us, also we ought [one another to love].
1Jn 4:12 [God No one at any time has seen]. If we should love one another, God [in us abides], and his love has been perfected in us.
1Jn 4:13 By this we know that in him we abide, and he in us -- that of the spirit of him he has given to us.
1Jn 4:14 And we have seen, and we bear witness that the father has sent the son as deliverer of the world.
1Jn 4:15 Who ever should acknowledge that Jesus is the son of God, God [in him abides], and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love; and the one abiding in the love, [in God abides], and God in him.
1Jn 4:17 In this [has been perfected the love] with us, that [confidence we should have] in the day of the judgment; for as that one is, also we are in this world.
1Jn 4:18 Fear is not in the love, but the perfect love [outside casts fear]; for fear [punishment holds], and the one fearing has not been made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19 We love him, for he first loved us.
1Jn 4:20 If anyone should say that, I love God, and [his brother should detest], he is a liar. For the one not loving his brother, whom he has seen, [God whom he has not seen how is he able to love]?

1Jn 4:21 And this commandment we have from him, that the one loving God, should love also his brother.

Learn why we cast doubt upon God’s sufficient word to us, when we flippantly chase after new revelations.

God's Word itself teaches us to seek him in prayer not just reading Scriptures.

So this argument shoots itself in the foot.

Think of all the "experiential" sounding language in Scripture—we don't want a dry dead God of letters only.

God's Word itself teaches us to seek him in prayer not just reading Scriptures.

So this argument shoots itself in the foot.

Think of all the "experiential" sounding language in Scripture—we don't want a dry dead God of letters only.
I would rather prefer to pray AND study the Scriptures and not go on "experiences"-esp. emotional goosebumps fluctuating sensational experiences-it is by FAITH we apprehend the promises of Christ Jesus-but you may disagree.

Back
Top Bottom