Ordo Salutis (Order of Salvation)

praise_yeshua

I'm not going to begin by listing my full list. I'd like to start with #1.

1. The Gospel is preached.

I believe it is impossible to begin any list without first starting with the Gospel. The faithful preaching the Gospel.

Paul makes this clear by working backwards to the Gospel being preached in....

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Jesus is the Gospel...

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Luk 7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Luk 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Luk_24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Continued #1

The age of the Gospel.... From the Beginning and before the beginning.....

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Notice "her seed".

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

The bruising of Satan through the wounding of Jesus Christ.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Rom 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Before the beginning....

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Last edited:
The word of God is so awesome. I love reading all the scriptures in those two posts. Makes me think of how great a salvation we have. In our home group We read Bible verses that pertain to whatever the previous Sunday's Topic was about.

Take yours for instance "The order of salvation" And just doing a section of it at a time is awesome. That way you can put in all the scripture reference and the word of God, The Living Word of God can really open up your mind to the topic.

In our home group we all take turns reading the scripture then we discuss it. It's amazing how the holy spirit moves and guides us.

I'm praying that that'll happen in this thread. That we stay positive and we learn from the word of God.:love:

Back
Top Bottom