How to : Spot a Devil

He has horns and a tail right? You can't miss him. I mean the devil not our president.

That's correct it's a free gift from God. And once He gives you something it's yours He doesn't take a gift back.
And gifts are to be received just like scripture teaches in John 1:12, 3:16-18. Those who do not receive and believe remain condemned. Man believes the gospel and God saves them.

The Calvinist paradigm is false. The devil is in the details as the saying goes. Tulip the poisonous flower tells us all we need to know about the false doctrines.

True, with the advent of technology are churches and missionaries still relevant?
We down stream our Bible teaching. So we don't attend church. With millions of cell phones, Pc's, laptops, radios, and tv's in the world to communicate with people, are missionaries the best economic way to reach the unsaved world? I don't think so. Tithing is not required based on my previous posted comments. I do believe in doing Mitzvah's (good deeds) helping people, food banks and etc. I personally don't trust churches or the government when it comes to handling money.
Since covid when we were not allowed to meet at church and and the fact that they always put the sermon and the praise and worship on the website.

We've decided to just continue watching the sermons online. And we meet at church one morning each week for our small group meeting.

So I understand what you're saying I was thinking about it today. And going to discuss it with my wife tomorrow during our devotions.

But what is church? I think you could have church right in your living room you don't need a big building. As a matter of fact the church I go to now started in some people's living room. Now it's a campus and they've planted other churches all around the country and in Mexico.

So to get back to the small group... to me that is church, we spend An hour and a half discussing the sermon we have sermon notes that we go over with questions. We have a time for prayer. We pray in and we pray out and we do one worship song. Oh and snacks do you have buddy we had snacks. The church provides a coffee cart with coffee and water and we have a great room to meet in. There's 16 of us. And we have some excellent people that are filled with the Holy Spirit. So to me that is church. We do for service projects each year so we are involved in the community.

At any rate I like the way things are going.

Just as "Revevant" in 2024, as they were in 50 A.D.

If it's "Intellectual information" you're trying to transfer "technology" is a good thing, but if it's FAITH, God has selected the foolishness of preaching to reach people person to person at the HUMAN level. And a significant percentage of our precious "Technology" is spreading LIES and MISINFORMATION. Forsaking thew gathering of ourselves together is one thing the Bible warns against.
Wow anti technology. AI is here and you better get used to it. People can and will be reached and saved, using and through technology.

"AI" isn't what you think it is. You're believing Media hype.
I became a millionaire working and using information technology. If you don't change with technology you and your business will be left behind or worse yet bankruptcy.
Besides, I don't trust anybody or what they say whose last name ends in a vowel.

Wow anti technology. AI is here and you better get used to it. People can and will be reached and saved, using and through technology.
Not that many unsaved people walking to a church. Street preaching, food kitchens, rehabs are great places to share the gospel. And yes someone that's real tired of living in a life of sin might find a video somewhere that shares the gospel, there's plenty of them out there. They could even watch The Chosen on TV.

We could have a category right here, with a name like "Come As You Are." Or something along those lines. And we could all evangelize.

"It is not the work of God that you believe. It's the work required by God. Do it. You deserve some of the credit for your salvation."
You are contrary to the written word-

Joh 6:28 Therefore οὖν they said Εἶπον to πρὸς Him, αὐτόν “What “Τί must we do, ποιῶμεν that ἵνα we may be doing ἐργαζώμεθα the τὰ works ἔργα - τοῦ of God?” Θεοῦ;
Joh 6:29 - ‹ὁ› Jesus Ἰησοῦς answered Ἀπεκρίθη and καὶ said εἶπεν to them, αὐτοῖς “This “Τοῦτό is ἐστιν the τὸ work ἔργον - τοῦ of God, Θεοῦ, that ἵνα you should believe πιστεύητε in εἰς Him whom ὃν He ἐκεῖνος. has sent.” ἀπέστειλεν
Joh 6:30 Therefore οὖν they said Εἶπον to Him, αὐτῷ “Then οὖν what “Τί sign σημεῖον, {are} You σὺ doing, ποιεῖς that ἵνα we may see ἴδωμεν and καὶ may believe πιστεύσωμέν You? σοι; What τί work do You perform? ἐργάζῃ;
Joh 6:31 Our ἡμῶν - οἱ fathers πατέρες ate ἔφαγον the τὸ manna μάννα in ἐν the τῇ wilderness, ἐρήμῳ, as καθώς it is ἐστιν written: γεγραμμένον ‘He gave ἔδωκεν them αὐτοῖς bread ‘Ἄρτον from ἐκ - τοῦ heaven οὐρανοῦ to eat.’” φαγεῖν.’
Joh 6:32 Therefore οὖν - ὁ Jesus Ἰησοῦς said Εἶπεν to them, αὐτοῖς “Truly, “Ἀμὴν truly, ἀμὴν I say λέγω to you, ὑμῖν, Moses Μωϋσῆς vvv οὐ has not given δέδωκεν you ὑμῖν the τὸν bread ἄρτον from ἐκ - τοῦ heaven, οὐρανοῦ, but ἀλλ’ My μου - ὁ Father Πατήρ gives δίδωσιν you ὑμῖν the τὸν - τὸν true ἀληθινόν· bread ἄρτον from ἐκ - τοῦ heaven. οὐρανοῦ
Joh 6:33 For γὰρ the ὁ bread ἄρτος - τοῦ of God Θεοῦ is ἐστιν the [One] ὁ coming καταβαίνων out of ἐκ - τοῦ heaven οὐρανοῦ and καὶ giving διδοὺς life ζωὴν to the τῷ world.” κόσμῳ.
Joh 6:34 Therefore οὖν they said Εἶπον to πρὸς Him, αὐτόν “Sir, “Κύριε, always πάντοτε give δὸς to us ἡμῖν this τοῦτον. - τὸν bread.” ἄρτον
Joh 6:35 - ὁ Jesus Ἰησοῦς said Εἶπεν to them, αὐτοῖς “I “Ἐγώ am εἰμι the ὁ bread ἄρτος - τῆς of life; ζωῆς· the [one] ὁ coming ἐρχόμενος to πρὸς Me ἐμὲ never οὐ . . . μὴ shall hunger, πεινάσῃ, and καὶ the [one] ὁ believing πιστεύων in εἰς Me ἐμὲ never οὐ . . . μὴ shall thirst διψήσει at any time. πώποτε.
Joh 6:36 But ἀλλ’ I said εἶπον to you ὑμῖν that ὅτι vvv καὶ you have also seen ἑωράκατέ Me, με and yet καὶ {do} not οὐ believe. πιστεύετε.
Joh 6:37 All Πᾶν that ὃ the ὁ Father Πατὴρ gives δίδωσίν Me μοι will come ἥξει, to πρὸς Me, ἐμὲ and καὶ the [one] τὸν coming ἐρχόμενον to πρός Me, με vvv οὐ vvv μὴ I shall not cast ἐκβάλω out. ἔξω,
Joh 6:38 For ὅτι I have come down καταβέβηκα from ἀπὸ - τοῦ heaven, οὐρανοῦ not οὐχ that ἵνα I should do ποιῶ - τὸ My ἐμὸν - τὸ will, θέλημα but ἀλλὰ the τὸ will θέλημα of the [One] τοῦ having sent πέμψαντός Me. με.
Joh 6:39 Now δέ this Τοῦτο is ἐστιν the τὸ will θέλημα of the [One] τοῦ having sent πέμψαντός Me, με, that ἵνα all πᾶν that ὃ He has given δέδωκέν Me, μοι I should lose ἀπολέσω none μὴ of ἐξ it, αὐτοῦ, but ἀλλὰ will raise it up ἀναστήσω . . . αὐτὸ in ἐν the τῇ last ἐσχάτῃ day. ἡμέρᾳ.
Joh 6:40 For γάρ this τοῦτο is ἐστιν the τὸ will θέλημα of τοῦ My μου, Father, Πατρός that ἵνα everyone πᾶς - ὁ beholding θεωρῶν the τὸν Son Υἱὸν and καὶ believing πιστεύων in εἰς Him αὐτὸν should have ἔχῃ eternal αἰώνιον, life, ζωὴν and καὶ I ἐγὼ will raise him up ἀναστήσω . . . αὐτὸν in ἐν the τῇ last ἐσχάτῃ day.” ἡμέρᾳ.
Joh 6:41 Therefore οὖν the οἱ Jews Ἰουδαῖοι were grumbling Ἐγόγγυζον about περὶ Him αὐτοῦ because ὅτι He said, εἶπεν “I “Ἐγώ am εἰμι the ὁ bread ἄρτος - ὁ having come down καταβὰς from ἐκ - τοῦ heaven.” οὐρανοῦ,
Joh 6:42 And καὶ they were saying, ἔλεγον “Is ἐστιν this οὗτός not “Οὐχ Jesus Ἰησοῦς the ὁ son υἱὸς of Joseph, Ἰωσήφ, whose οὗ - τὸν father πατέρα and καὶ - τὴν mother μητέρα; we ἡμεῖς know? οἴδαμεν How πῶς then νῦν does He say, λέγει - ὅτι ‘I have come down καταβέβηκα; from ‘Ἐκ - τοῦ heaven?’” οὐρανοῦ
Joh 6:43 Jesus Ἰησοῦς answered Ἀπεκρίθη and καὶ said εἶπεν to them, αὐτοῖς “{Do} not “Μὴ grumble γογγύζετε with μετ’ one another. ἀλλήλων.
Joh 6:44 No one οὐδεὶς is able δύναται to come ἐλθεῖν to πρός Me με unless ἐὰν . . . μὴ the ὁ Father, Πατὴρ the [one] ὁ having sent πέμψας Me, με draws ἑλκύσῃ him, αὐτόν, and I κἀγὼ will raise him up ἀναστήσω . . . αὐτὸν in ἐν the τῇ last ἐσχάτῃ day. ἡμέρᾳ.
Joh 6:45 It is ἔστιν written γεγραμμένον in ἐν the τοῖς prophets: προφήταις ‘And ‘Καὶ they will all be ἔσονται . . . πάντες taught διδακτοὶ of God.’ Θεοῦ·’ Everyone πᾶς - ὁ having heard ἀκούσας from παρὰ the τοῦ Father Πατρὸς and καὶ having learned, μαθὼν comes ἔρχεται to πρὸς Me. ἐμέ.
Joh 6:46 Not οὐχ that ὅτι anyone τις, has seen ἑώρακέν the τὸν Father, Πατέρα except εἰ . . . μὴ the [One] ὁ being ὢν from παρὰ - τοῦ God; Θεοῦ, He οὗτος has seen ἑώρακεν the τὸν Father. Πατέρα.

Jn 6:29 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

This
*Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.

*Ro 4:4-5 [4] Now to him who works, the reward is not counted as grace, but as something owed. [5] But to him who doesn’t work, but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

*Heb 5:9 Having been made perfect, he became to all of those who obey him the author of eternal salvation,

*1Jn 3:23 This is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as he commanded.

Jn 3:16-18 [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [17] For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. [18] He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God.

Jn 3:36 One who believes in the Son has eternal life, but one who disobeys the Son won’t see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

Jn 5:39 “You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these are they which testify about me.

Dt 18:18-19 [18] I will raise them up a prophet from among their brothers, like you. I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I shall command him. [19] It shall happen, that whoever will not listen to my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Ps 2:12 Give sincere homage to the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish on the way, for his wrath will soon be kindled. Blessed are all those who take refuge in him.

Mt 17:5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. Behold, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.”

Ac 16:31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Ac 22:14-16 [14] He said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know his will, and to see the Righteous One, and to hear a voice from his mouth. [15] For you will be a witness for him to all men of what you have seen and heard. [16] Now why do you wait? Arise, be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’

Ro 9:30-31 [30] What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who didn’t follow after righteousness, attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith; [31] but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, didn’t arrive at the law of righteousness.

Ro 10:3-4 [3] For being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn’t subject themselves to the righteousness of God. [4] For Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

1Jn 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God. Whoever loves the Father also loves the child who is born of him.

You have to mangle the language to think Jesus meant "This is the work required by God".

This is the work of Picasso. This is not the work required by Picasso.

picasso.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is not the work of God that you believe. It's the work required by God. Do it. You deserve some of the credit for your salvation."

The only way you can have credit for salvation, is if you caused it.

Now who are those?

Those are the LEGALISTs....who are trying to do good works, and endure to the end, and who rant about keeping commandments, and of course the Acts 2:38 water baptism fanatics.

So, what do all of THOSE have in common?

They are all doing something of themselves, and proclaiming that this is "salvation".

The Cross Of Christ does not agree with their self righteous assessment.

Now who are those?

Those are the LEGALISTs....who are trying to do good works, and endure to the end, and who rant about keeping commandments, and of course the Acts 2:38 water baptism fanatics.

They are all doing something of themselves, and proclaiming that this is "salvation".

Well said.

Now who are those?

If the difference between you and the unsaved is that you made the right decision, then you were the hinge and turning point of your own salvation. That's something about which you can boast. But boasting is excluded, therefore your decision cannot be the hinge and turning point of your salvation.

If the difference between you and the unsaved is that you made the right decision, then you were the hinge and turning point of your own salvation. That's something about which you can boast. But boasting is excluded, therefore your decision cannot be the hinge and turning point of your salvation.
another fallacy why do you deny Jesus teaching below ?

who does the believing ?

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

The difference between the unbeliever and the born again believer...

A.) Born again = Believer
Yes faith in the gospel saves and unbelief condemns. That's on man, not God. God has made provision for everyone, all people without exception through the atonement of Jesus as taught in John 3:16-18 and 1 John 2:2 and many other places in scripture.

Yes faith in the gospel saves and unbelief condemns. That's on man, not God. God has made provision for everyone, all people without exception through the atonement of Jesus as taught in John 3:16-18 and 1 John 2:2 and many other places in scripture.
Then man makes the difference, not God, and man has something about which to boast.

Yes faith in the gospel saves

"To Him (the believer) who worketh not....but BELIEVES on GOD.... who Justifies the UN-God-LY.....= THEIR FAITH....is counted (by God) as (Christ's) Righteousness.

The Born again are become.. "THE... Righteousness OF GOD......IN Christ"...

and unbelief condemns.

John 3:36

That wrath of God is not relieved, per unbeliever, until Jesus takes it upon Himself as The Cross of Christ.

I became a millionaire working and using information technology. If you don't change with technology you and your business will be left behind or worse yet bankruptcy.
Besides, I don't trust anybody or what they say whose last name ends in a vowel.
We went bankrupt back in 2016 (on Inauguration day). been there, done that.

Back
Top Bottom