God is Plural

GINOLJC, to all.
the Spirit is him who is Christ. and the only uniqueness is ...... it's the same one person in the ECHAD of his own self. supportive scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

Eve, Eve, his "OWN" ARM is him. now read Isaiah chapter 53.

101G
reading of the filioque might help though both versions are off a bit (=in the end they wrote down what they saw and followed their own traditions as to interpretation...)

Last edited:
no.

God our Father is male not female.

His spirit is female
His son is male

the three of them are each beings...

His spirit and Christ are His servants
His hands (to whom God shares His nature)
and who do what God asks.

Sure God is male and female, atleast as far as his traits of masculine and feminine qualities… he did create man in his image. I believe that Yahavah, is Yahavah? Whom is Spirit or deemed God is spirit. Yahweh or Yahavah also has his very own spirit which seems to flow from him, you can see it hovering above the waters in Genesis. Yahavah did send his Word, which became flesh, and he being beloved and begotten after resurrection. Was the expressed image of the Fathers overall character. His judgments going against Israel, and his mercy and kindness and grace also shown in and through the Lord Jesus, Immanuel, the Word of God whom was by merit Yahweh with them, by Yahweh having been with the Lord Yeshua in Christ, by his Spirit given…

Those are just some of my thoughts… God did express himself openly in creation by creating male and female and can be taken as God is fully masculine as well as fully feminine…

Isn’t God suppose to be all in all? He did know what he was doing right?

Your thoughts? Many are offended by the idea of what I’ve shared… idk why… I guess they think I believe Yahweh is a transgender person… but there was never know persons, I know of in the beginning other than the fullness of Yahweh, Yahwehs Word Spoken, and Yahwehs Holy Spirit. All consisting together. Before creating the world…

if you have a wife, is she not yours? His spirit is His, in the possessive sense of belonging to Him. All the references are feminine and not by mistake.
All reference? let's check the record. John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"
well "he" is NOT feminine.

another witness? yes
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

Just one more,
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

well now, the Father is "he", the Son is "he", and the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit is "he"

eve you need to try again.

101G.

All reference? let's check the record. John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

another witness? yes
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

Just one more,
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

well now, the Father is "he", the Son is "he", and the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit is "he"

101G.
You can easily replace “he” with “it.” Just because the writers use he, doesn’t mean the Holy Spirit is, a he, or even a she for that matter. There is noted documentation of the Holy Spirit I believe is portrayed as wisdom, in the Old Testament which was written and I believe it is speaking of the Holy Spirit, however in the case of “he” it can be easily deemed “it,” does 101g, have any issues with Matthews changing words, or does it make a blasphemy out of the Bible?

As far I know, most cases the Holy Spirit of Yahavah is just the Holy Spirit of Yahavah, it is the Spirit of Yahavah which comes forth from him, being a Spirit, himself (we notably called Yahweh, he due to the nature of him being a Father, He.) His Spirit is a comforter like a Mother would comfort their children by their presence, care, and nurture. In a sense we are birthed with newness of life, from being a creation of God, to become a child or a son or daughter of God maturing by the spiritual means with the grow that is added from God, though people may seed or water here and there, he, Yahavah will give the increase into peace and into understanding him.

Another remark is that many people consider the “Word” of Yahavah as a person; while there are many images and types and even “Angel of the LORD”, which give evidence to support perhaps a pre-incarnation of Yeshua before coming down; even so… true or not. It was before the Word was indeed sent outside of being with the Father coming down to earth from heaven born of water, blood and the spirit…

And the “Word” of God that was God and was in the beginning with God, whom the Word came forth from which expressed the heart of Yahweh… when he spoke “let there be light.” And then there was, and Yahavah saw the light and the darkness and separated them both. The Word or Logos of Yahweh, can also be seen as “it”, and not he or she.

Therefore, I do not see a reason why the need for God who is Spirit and has a Holy Spirit which comes forth from him, and also his Word which he speaks that comes from him… to see the Holy Spirit as a he or she though its documented that the Holy Spirit perhaps seen expressing the feminine side of Yahweh, and his spoken Word expressed his masculine side.

All I know for sure is, that most noted “spirit” or “Holy Spirit” is non-gender. I suppose when we die and given a resurrected body, it will have traits in which all of us will somehow be able to distinguish ourselves from each other in order for us to communicate in the after life. As from my reading and understanding is that though Yeshua was raised in the body he had laid in, it was done in order to show that life after this world exists and he was living proof to show forth, this and presented this message to the whole known Jewish world, having only went to them, and the apostles afterwards for a while longer before going to the gentiles in about a span of 40 years or so.

Going to Yahwehs realm or domain; one could suppose it’s all spiritual. And you can see the kingdom laid out in Revelation.

Not sure how much you read of this however I do hope you find it helpful or useful or informative if my own research 🧐.

You can easily replace “he” with “it.” Just because the writers use he, doesn’t mean the Holy Spirit is, a he, or even a she for that matter. There is noted documentation of the Holy Spirit I believe is portrayed as wisdom, in the Old Testament which was written and I believe it is speaking of the Holy Spirit, however in the case of “he” it can be easily deemed “it,” does 101g, have any issues with Matthews changing words, or does it make a blasphemy out of the Bible?

As far I know, most cases the Holy Spirit of Yahavah is just the Holy Spirit of Yahavah, it is the Spirit of Yahavah which comes forth from him, being a Spirit, himself (we notably called Yahweh, he due to the nature of him being a Father, He.) His Spirit is a comforter like a Mother would comfort their children by their presence, care, and nurture. In a sense we are birthed with newness of life, from being a creation of God, to become a child or a son or daughter of God maturing by the spiritual means with the grow that is added from God, though people may seed or water here and there, he, Yahavah will give the increase into peace and into understanding him.

Another remark is that many people consider the “Word” of Yahavah as a person; while there are many images and types and even “Angel of the LORD”, which give evidence to support perhaps a pre-incarnation of Yeshua before coming down; even so… true or not. It was before the Word was indeed sent outside of being with the Father coming down to earth from heaven born of water, blood and the spirit…

And the “Word” of God that was God and was in the beginning with God, whom the Word came forth from which expressed the heart of Yahweh… when he spoke “let there be light.” And then there was, and Yahavah saw the light and the darkness and separated them both. The Word or Logos of Yahweh, can also be seen as “it”, and not he or she.

Therefore, I do not see a reason why the need for God who is Spirit and has a Holy Spirit which comes forth from him, and also his Word which he speaks that comes from him… to see the Holy Spirit as a he or she though its documented that the Holy Spirit perhaps seen expressing the feminine side of Yahweh, and his spoken Word expressed his masculine side.

All I know for sure is, that most noted “spirit” or “Holy Spirit” is non-gender. I suppose when we die and given a resurrected body, it will have traits in which all of us will somehow be able to distinguish ourselves from each other in order for us to communicate in the after life. As from my reading and understanding is that though Yeshua was raised in the body he had laid in, it was done in order to show that life after this world exists and he was living proof to show forth, this and presented this message to the whole known Jewish world, having only went to them, and the apostles afterwards for a while longer before going to the gentiles in about a span of 40 years or so.

Going to Yahwehs realm or domain; one could suppose it’s all spiritual. And you can see the kingdom laid out in Revelation.

Not sure how much you read of this however I do hope you find it helpful or useful or informative if my own research 🧐.
I would only say He cannot be an IT

and that jewish and hebrew are not synonyms

another witness? yes

Just one more,

101G.
im sorry but no

I would only say He cannot be an IT

and that jewish and hebrew are not synonyms

That’s great. Idk what God looks like. Only through virtue of Yeshua do we get to get a glimpse of what the Father is all about, by showing his love in sending his Son. It’s important, to go by what Yeshua has put forth. And we naturally know through him, that God/Yahweh, is looked at as He. He whom, is Yahweh, has a Holy Spirit which is of him. There is no definitive proof that it’s deemed “he” (meaning) the Holy Spirit of Yahweh. It’s the spirit of God, that flows from Yahweh himself apparently. However no one can really define it by gender. While I see the Father, Yahweh, who sent his Word that became flesh, as masculine, it’s written in scripture comparatively speaking concerning the Holy Spirit of Yahweh which is spoken of more feminine nutrient qualities that still are stimming from Yahweh himself through his spirit which comes to comfort us, and remind us of the things we learn from Jesus…

So hope your not taking what I’m saying to seriously, as it’s just some of my thoughts concerning the subject all together… It is said that Yahweh did create male and female, and he by definition would show the same traits be it through the Word, manifesting different ways to the people of Israel like cloud in sky, that gave light at night, and of course by and through his spirit which it is the Spirit of Yahweh.

It’s simple when you get there.

i agree the versions they argued about are both wrong
well the burden is your to prove otherwise. one just cannot own their own say they are wrong, one must be in position to prove that they are wrong. scripture is needed.

101G.

101G, what about the Spirit? Is one unable to go by the Holy Spirit of Yahweh which indwells their heart, and allow also the Spirit of Christ, to come forth into shown actions which are heavenly; ultimately agape love, for God, and loving our neighbors as our self. Considering we do not have all information that could be written concerning God, and tidbits of history conflated, or misunderstood, anything that sets in harmony in which the bond of peace is made with others, is that not something to go off? Which are the fruits of a believer in which they allow Yahweh, to work in their hearts and minds, and they by choice desire to do his will, for his outcome and pleasure, even in the midst of a suffering situation. Is not love; what God expressed by sending his Son, to die for all?

Or is the spirit, love, just null and void. If no scripture proof, then that is all there is? Are people allowed to go by the Spirit? Or must they always adhere what other people share considering their beliefs, hope, faith, etc...

There is no definitive proof that it’s deemed “he” (meaning) the Holy Spirit of Yahweh.

Adam is proof that the HS of God is : Male

God said.. "let us make MAN... MALE..... in OUR image"..

Eve was created from Adam, while Adam was created "in the Image of God" = MALE.

Eve is the '"WOMB-Man"

Need more?

Angels : = are "sons of God", and every one of them is a : MALE

Sure God is male and female, atleast as far as his traits of masculine and feminine qualities… he did create man in his image. I believe that Yahavah, is Yahavah? Whom is Spirit or deemed God is spirit. Yahweh or Yahavah also has his very own spirit which seems to flow from him, you can see it hovering above the waters in Genesis. Yahavah did send his Word, which became flesh, and he being beloved and begotten after resurrection. Was the expressed image of the Fathers overall character. His judgments going against Israel, and his mercy and kindness and grace also shown in and through the Lord Jesus, Immanuel, the Word of God whom was by merit Yahweh with them, by Yahweh having been with the Lord Yeshua in Christ, by his Spirit given…

Those are just some of my thoughts… God did express himself openly in creation by creating male and female and can be taken as God is fully masculine as well as fully feminine…

Isn’t God suppose to be all in all? He did know what he was doing right?

Your thoughts? Many are offended by the idea of what I’ve shared… idk why… I guess they think I believe Yahweh is a transgender person… but there was never know persons, I know of in the beginning other than the fullness of Yahweh, Yahwehs Word Spoken, and Yahwehs Holy Spirit. All consisting together. Before creating the world…
In the Greek language, there are three genders - masculine, feminine, and neuter. This grammatical gender is not always tied to biological sex.
The feminine gender in Greek is often indicated by nouns ending in -η or -α, such as ἀγάπη (agapē, "love") and ἁμαρτία (hamartia, "sin").

The Holy Spirit is grammatically neuter in Greek (τὸ πνεῦμα, to pneuma), though some early Christian traditions, particularly in Syriac Christianity, referred to the Holy Spirit using feminine language.
In Hebrew, the word for "spirit" (רוּחַ, ruach) is grammatically feminine, which influenced some early Christian views of the Holy Spirit as feminine.
Some modern theologians have explored using feminine language and imagery for the Holy Spirit, while maintaining the traditional masculine language for the Father and Son.
The grammatical gender of nouns in Greek does not necessarily correspond to biological sex, but rather serves a grammatical function in the language. The gender of a noun must be learned along with the noun itself.

Notice this verse..

"God is A Spirit".. = The HOLY Spirit... and God is "FATHER"

Notice this verse..."Christ is THAT Spirit"

A.) Male

AA.) Male
and·the·earth H776 u·e·artz והארץ Conj-w-Art+N-fs and the earth she-became H1961 H8804 eithe היתה V-Qal-Perf-3fs was chaos H8414 theu תהו N-ms formless, and·vacancy H922 u·beu ובהו Conj-w+N-ms and void; and·darkness H2822 u·chshk וחשך Conj-w+N-ms and darkness over H5921 ol על Prep [was] over [sur]faces-of H6440 phni פני N-cpc the face abyss H8415 theum תהום N-cs of the deep. and·spirit-of H7307 u·ruch ורוח Conj-w+N-csc and the Spirit Elohim H430 aleim אלהים N-mp of God ([m])vibrating H7363 H8764 mrchphth מרחפת V-Piel-Prtcpl-fs was hovering over H5921 ol על Prep over [sur]faces-of H6440 phni פני N-cpc the face the·waters H4325 e·mim המים Art+N-mp of the waters.

Neuter
In the Hebrew Scriptures, the Holy Spirit is often associated with feminine imagery, particularly in the opening verses of Genesis. One key example is found in Genesis 1:2, where the Hebrew word for "spirit" is "רוּחַ" (ruach), a feminine noun. This verse describes the Spirit of God hovering over the earth, using feminine language to depict the life-giving breath and presence of God's Spirit in creation.
Additionally, the concept of Wisdom in the Hebrew Scriptures is often personified as feminine, particularly in the Book of Proverbs (Proverbs 8:24). This personification of Wisdom as a feminine figure aligns with the broader theme of feminine imagery associated with the Holy Spirit in Hebrew writings.

The verse begins with "וְהָאָ֗רֶץ" (veha'arets), which means "and the earth." The following words describe the condition of the earth: "תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ" (tohu vavohu), meaning "formless and void." The verse continues with "וְחֹ֖שֶׁךְ" (vechoshekh), which means "and darkness." It then describes the state of the deep: "עַל־פְּנֵ֣י תְה֑וֹם" (al-penei tehom), translating to "over the face of the deep." The next phrase is "וְר֣וּחַ" (veruach), meaning "and the Spirit." Finally, "אֱלֹהִ֔ים" (Elohim) refers to "God," followed by "מְרַחֶ֖פֶת" (merachefet), which means "was hovering," and "עַל־פְּנֵ֥י" (al-penei), indicating "over."

1715100558343.png

And I am NOT saying the Holy Spirit is Feminine in gender.

And I am NOT saying the Holy Spirit is Feminine in gender.

1.) First, let me ask you.

Do you speak and read K. Greek and Hebrew on a "Fluency"level?

Are you "Translator" Level, regarding reading and speaking : K. Greek, and Hebrew?

OR.... are you just cut and pasting what some greek or hebrew commentator/translator said it means, and you believe it, @Johann

2.) You posted this.....

"""""In Hebrew, the word for "spirit" (רוּחַ, ruach) is grammatically = feminine."

So, its a little late to try to run from what you previously posted by now posting ::

= "and im not saying the HS is Feminine in Gender".

Last edited:
In the Greek language, there are three genders - masculine, feminine, and neuter. This grammatical gender is not always tied to biological sex.
Hello Johann, many people assume I’m assuming gender based on the human anatomy. It’s typically more of the traits, or characteristics of.
The feminine gender in Greek is often indicated by nouns ending in -η or -α, such as ἀγάπη (agapē, "love") and ἁμαρτία (hamartia, "sin").
Mercy, peace, kindness, are heavenly aspects which come from Yahweh, by abiding in the Holy Spirit of Yahweh, and the Lord Yeshua, allowing his spirit to come through; rather than allowing the flesh to come through, in seeking for the Spirit to come through. Didn’t know hamartia, was seen as feminine in its place.
The Holy Spirit is grammatically neuter in Greek (τὸ πνεῦμα, to pneuma), though some early Christian traditions, particularly in Syriac Christianity, referred to the Holy Spirit using feminine language.
That was the pneuma, which Yahweh breathed into Adam, and all of us have the “spirit of man” which is a life given by God. Could suggest a God given “soul” which was an actual expression of how Yahweh, has a mind/will/emotion. And by creating male and female, it shows how everything came from his, own mind/will/emotion, through his spoke Word, which later, comes born in flesh, blood, water and Spirit. You can read in the Old Testament in which it’s expressed as feminine; as being a comforter like a Mother who comforts, the same attributes are expressed through the Holy Spirit of Yahweh, in my opinion. Which could always be wrong.
In Hebrew, the word for "spirit" (רוּחַ, ruach) is grammatically feminine, which influenced some early Christian views of the Holy Spirit as feminine.
Some modern theologians have explored using feminine language and imagery for the Holy Spirit, while maintaining the traditional masculine language for the Father and Son.
It’s definitely a subject in itself, with Yahweh having created Male and Female.
The grammatical gender of nouns in Greek does not necessarily correspond to biological sex, but rather serves a grammatical function in the language. The gender of a noun must be learned along with the noun itself.
Defining it by function seems plausible to consider. I don’t really consider “biological gender sex’s by the nature of the flesh”; having any merit concerning Yahweh, who is Spirit; and lives on a spiritual platitude far above us. There would be no need for doing so. While he has created male and female, mankind in his own image; expressed as the pneuma wrapped around in our flesh, which to me is the soul. That Yahweh breathes into us. Also expressing his need for connection, and for his creation to also have a connection with their kind for growth and forwarding of mankind on earth, though Adam and Eve broke their connection; Yahweh sought to be able to reestablish this, by sending his Word, which became flesh, and chose to do the will of his Father for the sake of this connection to reconnected and many spiritually dead people would rise into newness of life in which those who hear, seek, and supplications to praying to the Father and the son for any all people, does indeed help so much today, because of now no one has to go to Israel to see their God, Yahweh… the connection is now riddled through the one know as Jesus, who is the truth, the way, and the life and all come to him, and then access to the Father is open, and your able to go and talk to Yahweh anytime about anything and he loves and cares about all the precious souls which have been created, desiring to adopt them, as his children helping to be able to see and not continue to fall into darkness or anything that desires to take life from another person, or mean, and evil things to happen to others, etc…

1.) First, let me ask you.

Do you speak and read K. Greek and Hebrew on a "Fluency"level?

Are you "Translator" Level, regarding reading and speaking : K. Greek, and Hebrew?

OR.... are you just cut and pasting what some greek or hebrew commentator/translator said it means, and you believe it, @Johann

2.) You posted this.....

In Hebrew, the word for "spirit" (רוּחַ, ruach) is grammatically = feminine.

So, its a little late to try to run from what you previously posted by now posting ::

= "and im not saying the HS is Feminine in Gender".
Allow @synergy to assist you-since you are Grammar illiterate re the Scriptures. I have NO desire to have a conversation with you.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was tohu vavohu (without form, and void); and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Ruach Elohim was hovering upon the face of the waters.

והארץ היתה תהו ובהו וחשׁך על־פני תהום ורוח אלהים מרחפת על־פני המים׃ תהום

בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית H7225בָּרָ֣א H1254אֱלֹהִ֑ים H430אֵ֥ת H853הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם H8064וְאֵ֥ת H853הָאָֽרֶץ׃ H776 2 וְהָאָ֗רֶץ H776הָיְתָ֥ה H1961תֹ֙הוּ֙ H8414וָבֹ֔הוּ H922וְחֹ֖שֶׁךְ

and~AT הָאָרֶץthe~LAND 2 וְהָאָרֶץand~the~LAND הָיְתָה H1961she~did~EXIST תֹהוּ H8414CONFUSION וָבֹהוּ H922and~UNFILLED וְחֹשֶׁךְ H2822and~DARKNESS עַל H5921 H5922UPON פְּנֵי H3942 H6440FACE~s תְהוֹם H8415DEEP.SEA וְרוּחַ H7305 H7307and~WIND אֱלֹהִים H430Elohiym מְרַחֶפֶת H7363much~FLUTTER~ing(fs) עַל H5921 H5922UPON פְּנֵי H3942 H6440FACE~s הַמָּיִם H4325the~WATER~s2

Conj-w+N-csc (BSB Morphology)
Conjunctive waw
+ Noun - common singular construct
Lemma: רוּחַ
Word: וְר֣וּחַ
Transliteration: wə·rū·aḥ
English: and the Spirit

A common mistake made with regard to the Holy Spirit is referring to the Spirit as "it," something most translations of the Bible are careful to avoid. The Holy Spirit is a person. He has the attributes of personhood, performs the actions of persons, and has personal relationships. He has insight (1 Corinthians 2:10-11). He knows things, which requires an intellect (Romans 8:27). He has a will (1 Corinthians 12:11). He convicts of sin (John 16:8). He performs miracles (Acts 8:39). He guides (John 16:13). He intercedes between persons (Romans 8:26). He is to be obeyed (Acts 10:19-20). He can be lied to (Acts 5:3), resisted (Acts 7:51), grieved (Ephesians 4:30), blasphemed (Matthew 12:31), even insulted (Hebrews 10:29). He relates to the apostles (Acts 15:28) and to each member of the Trinity (John 16:14; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). The personhood of the Holy Spirit is presented without question in the Bible, but what about gender?

Linguistically, it is clear that masculine theistic terminology dominates the Scriptures. Throughout both testaments, references to God use masculine pronouns. Specific names for God (e.g., Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai, Kurios, Theos, etc.) are all in the masculine gender. God is never given a feminine name or referred to using feminine pronouns. In the New Testament, the Holy Spirit is referred to by the Greek word for "spirit" (pneuma), a gender-neutral term. In the Old Testament, the Hebrew word for "spirit" (ruach) is feminine (see Genesis 1:2). But the gender of a word in Greek or Hebrew has nothing to do with gender identity.

Theologically speaking, since the Holy Spirit is God, we can make some statements about Him from general statements about God. God is spirit as opposed to physical or material. God is invisible and spirit (i.e., non-body) - (John 4:24; Luke 24:39; Romans 1:20; Colossians 1:15; 1 Timothy 1:17). This is why no material thing was ever to be used to represent God (Exodus 20:4). If gender is an attribute of the body, then a spirit does not have gender. God, in His essence, has no gender.

Gender identifications of God in the Bible are not unanimous. Many people think that the Bible presents God in exclusively male terms, but this is not the case. God is said to give birth in the book of Job and portrays Himself as a mother in Isaiah. Jesus described the Father as being like a woman in search of a lost coin in Luke 15 (and Himself as a "mother hen" in Matthew 23:37). In Genesis 1:26-27 God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, after our likeness," and then "God created humankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them." Thus, the image of God was male and female - not simply one or the other. This is further confirmed in Genesis 5:2, which can be literally translated as "He created them male and female; when they were created, he blessed them and named them Adam." The Hebrew term "adam" means "man" - the context showing whether it means "man" (as opposed to woman) or "mankind" (in the collective sense). Therefore, to whatever degree humanity is made in the image of God, gender is not an issue.

Masculine imagery in revelation is not without significance, however. A second time that God was specifically said to be revealed via a physical image was when Jesus was asked to show the Father to the disciples in John chapter 14. He responds in verse 9 by saying, “The person who has seen me has seen the Father!" Paul makes it clear that Jesus was the exact image of God in Colossians 1:15 calling Jesus "the image of the invisible God." This verse is couched in a section that demonstrates Christ’s superiority over all creation. Most ancient religions believed in a pantheon - both gods and goddesses - that were worthy of worship. But one of Judeo-Christianity’s distinctives is its belief in a supreme Creator. Masculine language better relates this relationship of creator to creation. As a man comes into a woman from without to make her pregnant, so God creates the universe from without rather than birthing it from within . . . As a woman cannot impregnate herself, so the universe cannot create itself. Paul echoes this idea in 1 Timothy 2:12-14 when he refers to the creation order as a template for church order.

In the end, whatever our theological explanation, the fact is that God used exclusively masculine terms to refer to Himself and almost exclusively masculine terminology even in metaphor. Through the Bible He taught us how to speak of Him, and it was in masculine relational terms. So, while the Holy Spirit is neither male nor female in His essence, He is properly referred to in the masculine by virtue of His relation to creation and biblical revelation. There is absolutely no biblical basis for viewing the Holy Spirit as the “female” member of the Trinity.

2. The Hebrew Term for Spirit Is in the Female Gender and Masculine in Aramaic!
Furthermore, ruach, the word for spirit in Hebrew, is in the feminine gender!
This certainly does not mean the Holy Spirit is a female! The fact that it is in the feminine gender highlights the problem. It is feminine in one language and neuter in another.

But there is more. In Aramaic, the language in which a small portion of Scripture is composed, the word for “spirit” is in the masculine gender!

These three languages are the languages of Holy Scripture. Obviously they are not trying to teach us about the personal gender of Holy Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom