FOREGIVENESS is Eternal = Sin is Gone

Salvation is Jesus on The Cross.

You can't "Do that".. @Doug Brents
Yes, salvation is Jesus on the Cross. But how is that received? Rom 6:1-7 tells you: you die to sin when you are baptized into Christ. And Col 2:11-14 concurs that during baptism the Holy Spirit cuts your sin from you (spiritual circumcision) and unites you to Jesus' resurrection.

Yes, salvation is Jesus on the Cross. But how is that received?

Like this..

Jesus said.. "ALL that believe in me...(faith)... I give unto you.. eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell (perish)".

"Faith is counted by GOD, as RIGHTEOUSNESS"

"Without FAITH, it is impossible to please God".

A.) NO WATER FOUND

Like this..

Jesus said.. "ALL that believe in me...(faith)... I give unto you.. eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell (perish)".

"Faith is counted by GOD, as RIGHTEOUSNESS"

"Without FAITH, it is impossible to please God".

A.) NO WATER FOUND
What is faith?

And what does it mean to trust?

Regarding Christianity..

To Trust, is to "obey the Gospel". And that is to BELIEVE IT.

Here is what happens to those who never do believe but were water baptized and tried to "be a good person".
-
New International Version
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

New Living Translation
And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”

English Standard Version
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Berean Standard Bible
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever rejects the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him.”

Berean Literal Bible
The one believing in the Son has eternal life, but the one not obeying the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

King James Bible
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

New King James Version
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

New American Standard Bible
The one who believes in the Son has eternal life; but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

NASB 1995
“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

NASB 1977
“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Legacy Standard Bible
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Amplified Bible
He who believes and trusts in the Son and accepts Him [as Savior] has eternal life [that is, already possesses it]; but he who does not believe the Son and chooses to reject Him, [disobeying Him and denying Him as Savior] will not see [eternal] life, but [instead] the wrath of God hangs over him continually.”

Christian Standard Bible
The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who rejects the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.

So we must "obey the Gospel"? And what does that entail? What does the Gospel command that we do to receive salvation?

Believe.

"All that believe shall be saved".
"As many as call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved".

"To him that worketh not, but who believes in GOD, = who justifies the ungodly, = their FAITH is counted as righteousness".

God does not accept water or works.
He only accepts Faith.

Believe.

"All that believe shall be saved".
"As many as call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved".

"To him that worketh not, but who believes in GOD, = who justifies the ungodly, = their FAITH is counted as righteousness".

God does not accept water or works.
He only accepts Faith.
Now you are going in circles. Here you equate belief with faith, yet we already established faith is required. And that faith is trust. And that trust means to "obey the Gospel". But then "obey the Gospel" means faith. That is circular reasoning and gets us nowhere.

Please list all the things that Scripture says "lead to" or "result in" or cause one to receive salvation (or forgiveness of sin or any other synonym) along with Scripture references. You don't need to list more than one verse the instructs each thing (for instance we know that John 3:16 mandates belief/faith) as leading to receiving salvation. What other requirements does Scripture give?

There is : CHRISTianity.

To enter it, you give God your faith in Christ.

Water will not enter you.
Forget water for a moment. Look at Scripture.

Please list all the things that Scripture says "lead to" or "result in" or cause one to receive salvation (or forgiveness of sin or any other synonym) along with Scripture references. You don't need to list more than one verse the instructs each thing (for instance we know that John 3:16 mandates belief/faith) as leading to receiving salvation. What other requirements does Scripture give?

Please list all the things that Scripture says "lead to" or "result in" or cause one to receive salvation

Jesus said "If i be lifted up (on the Cross) i will Draw... all people....to ME".

= Draw..

= "Conviction of the Holy Spirit"... that reveals the Truth of the Gospel to the hearer.... who is hearing the "preaching of the Cross".

A.) Faith, (in Jesus) comes by HEARING".... the Truth.... and the truth is "the Gospel"

And this Gospel......is... "The preaching of THE CROSS.. is THE.. POWER......OF GOD....UNTO= Salvation".

Not water.
Not Mary
Not Commandments
Not enduring
Not trying to be like Jesus

God said that "it pleased HIM... by the foolishness of PREACHING.... to save them that BELIEVE"....

No water required.

Sin as not gone it's alive and well. Jesus conquered sin and death, In him your sins are washed away. But we still fall short of the glory of God. Bible says that if you say you're without sin you're calling about a liar. The good news is.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:9

I know there's people that believe in sinless perfection but it's impossible this side of the pearly gates.

Jesus said "If i be lifted up (on the Cross) i will Draw... all people....to ME".

= Draw..

= "Conviction of the Holy Spirit"... that reveals the Truth of the Gospel to the hearer.... who is hearing the "preaching of the Cross".

A.) Faith, (in Jesus) comes by HEARING".... the Truth.... and the truth is "the Gospel"

And this Gospel......is... "The preaching of THE CROSS.. is THE.. POWER......OF GOD....UNTO= Salvation".

Not water.
Not Mary
Not Commandments
Not enduring
Not trying to be like Jesus

God said that "it pleased HIM... by the foolishness of PREACHING.... to save them that BELIEVE"....

No water required.
This is not a list of the things Scripture says lead to salvation. This is a cop out of an answer, trying to make your point that you don't believe what Scripture says. You want to try again? List all the things that Scripture says "lead to" or "result in" or cause one to receive salvation.

Back
Top Bottom