Didn't Jesus Know Where He Was From?

EclipseEventSigns

There's some really strange stuff in the New Testament that doesn't make a lick of sense when you really study it. I bet most people have never even batted an eyelid after reading John 7:25-29.
[Jhn 7:25-29 LSB] 25 So some of the people of Jerusalem were saying, "Is this not the man whom they are seeking to kill? 26 "And look, He is speaking openly, and they are saying nothing to Him. Do the rulers truly know that this is the Christ? 27 "However, we know where this man is from; but whenever the Christ comes, no one knows where He is from."
28 Then Jesus cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, "You both know Me and know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. 29 "I know Him, because I am from Him, and He sent Me."

Some of the people paying attention were wondering why the religious leaders were allowing Jesus to claim that he was the Messiah. Did they know something that the common people didn't? After all, they all knew that Jesus was from the hicksville of Galilee. But no one knew where Messiah would actually come from. So how could he actually be the Messiah?

Jesus boldly confirms that they are correct, they are right and do know where he's come from confirming for them that he couldn't possibly be the Messiah. But then he gets confused and says they don't actually know who sent him or where he's from. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It is impossible to understand - based on the Greek text. But if one considers the Aramaic text, there is a very simple answer. It's a pretty ludicrous statement but - the New Testament was originally written in Aramaic. Not Greek. And this is one of hundreds of examples.

In Aramaic, there is no differentiation between lower case and upper case letters. Neither is there any punctuation. So declarative statements and interrogative statements can only be determined through context. In other words, there are no question marks in Aramaic. And you have to figure out through context if someone is asking a question or not. And this is the case here.

The Aramaic actually reads:
Then Jesus cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, "Do you know Me and do you know where I am from? Yet, I have not come of Myself. But the truth is, that One sent me whom you do not know. 29 "I know Him, because I am from Him, and He sent Me."

Makes a whole lot more sense now, doesn't it? And the thing is that the Aramaic can read both ways. But the Greek can only be read as declarative statements. This shows that the Greek is a translation. The translator saw the Aramaic and did not recognize that the words of Jesus were in the form of questions. Within the context of the entire exchange, the Aramaic provides the only answer to the problem that makes any sense out of the text.

The Aramiac doesn't actually read that if you add punctuation, now does it?

The passages you cite make fine sense already in the Greek.

The Aramiac doesn't actually read that if you add punctuation, now does it?

The passages you cite make fine sense already in the Greek.
Then you explain the confusion in the Greek text. It's continually amazing to me you deny the very words on the page in multiple threads. I am confused whether you have reading comprehension issues or just want to troll.

Last edited:
Every Christian should acknowledge the simple truth that Jesus knew where he was from.

Confusion / uncertainty about the matter would be in the minds of those whom Jesus is speaking with, not in the mind of Jesus.

This is a subtlety in his claim of being the Messiah.

Every Christian should acknowledge the simple truth that Jesus knew where he was from.

Confusion / uncertainty about the matter would be in the minds of those whom Jesus is speaking with, not in the mind of Jesus.

This is a subtlety in his claim of being the Messiah.
John 7:27 makes it quite clear that the people Jesus is speaking with know perfectly well where He was from. They were not confused. The translations from the Greek in the next verse make nonsense out of what Jesus then says. That is the point. And that is what the Aramaic totally clears up.

“Why do you not understand what I’m saying? It is because you cannot hear my word.”

(John 8:43)

His fellow Jews frequently didn’t understand what he was saying to them.

Jesus is from heaven (i.e., from God).

“Why do you not understand what I’m saying? It is because you cannot hear my word.”

(John 8:43)

His fellow Jews frequently didn’t understand what he was saying to them.

Jesus is from heaven (i.e., from God).
Again. The text in John 7:27 is the subject at hand. It can't be stated more clearly that the audience knew EXACTLY where Jesus was from - from Nazareth. But this is very predictable. People do backflips to try and explain away the difficult passages that do not make sense. But this is from a false assumption. Either that KJV has no mistakes. Or that the Greek text has no mistakes. That's what has been taught in Christianity for centuries. Yet, the evidence is there. The text is clearly "translation Greek". The Aramaic text provides the clear and correct solution.

Again. The text in John 7:27 is the subject at hand. It can't be stated more clearly that the audience knew EXACTLY where Jesus was from - from Nazareth. But this is very predictable. People do backflips to try and explain away the difficult passages that do not make sense. But this is from a false assumption. Either that KJV has no mistakes. Or that the Greek text has no mistakes. That's what has been taught in Christianity for centuries. Yet, the evidence is there. The text is clearly "translation Greek". The Aramaic text provides the clear and correct solution.

Thanks.

@praise_yeshua what do you think about this?

Thanks.

@praise_yeshua what do you think about this?

I've debated him before on his fascination with the Peshitta. If that is what you're asking then he is very wrong.

If you're asking where Jesus is from, the Scriptures are clear. Messiah has no beginning nor end. This is clear from the association of Messiah with Melchisedec. You know... the priestly order that had nothing to do with Aaron.

And yet, not a single person will explain the passage that is the whole point of this thread. Not a one.

It's not that hard, really.

They knew where he was from physically but not spiritually.

Unless they accepted he was the Messiah, they would never accept he was from heaven ultimately and not earth.

Then you explain the confusion in the Greek text. It's continually amazing to me you deny the very words on the page in multiple threads. I am confused whether you have reading comprehension issues or just want to troll.
Maybe you're the ONLY ONE that finds any of "confusing". The technique is: Create a non-existant problem, and then provide an un-needed "solution" for it.

If the religious leaders accepted Jesus as the Messiah there would be no need for the cross or the resurrection. If that was the case there would be no salvation as we know it. It seems like you would have to convert to Judaism in order to be saved. But yeah it's pretty much hypothetical as Bob pointed out.

Jesus knows exactly where He is from. He spoke the Universe into existence. I'm sure He is well aware of who He is and where the hypothetic union took place. He doesn't need any Aramaic or commas in a certain place. HE Is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

But I must admit it's an interesting thread.:geek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom