Can People Get Saved After the Rapture?

Eunice Harper

Staff member
I think they can and here's why. See number 10

According to Jesus, these ten things will continue to multiply and progress as the first three and a half years of the Great Tribulation unfold following the rapture.

1. Deception: “Many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.” (Matthew 24:5)
2. Dissension: “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. . . . Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:6–7)
3. Devastation: “There will be famines.” (Matthew 24:7)
4. Disease: “Pestilences.” (Matthew 24:7)
5. Disasters: “Earthquakes in various places.” (Matthew 24:7)
6. Death: “They will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.” (Matthew 24:9)
7. Disloyalty: “Many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.” (Matthew 24:10)
8. Delusion: “Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many” (24:11). It should also be noted that part of the delusion will be an increase in drug use. One of the characteristics of the end times’ false religion will be what the book of Revelation calls “sorceries” (Matthew 9:21). The word John used is pharmakia, from which we get the word pharmacy. It is an ancient reference to the ingestion of drugs. The use of mind-altering substances such as narcotics and hallucinogens will be associated with false religions, doubtless with the approval of the government.
9. Defection: “Because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold” (Matthew 24:12). People will turn away from God and from one another.
10. Declaration: “This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations” (d 24:14). In the midst of the darkness the light of the good news of Jesus Christ will shine brighter than ever. People everywhere will run to Jesus Christ for forgiveness, peace, and life.

Jesus spoke clearly about the Tribulation, but He is not alone. Several passages throughout the Bible describe the events that will occur during the Tribulation period. These descriptions occur in the writings of various Old Testament prophets and in brief references here and there in other books of the Bible. But it is the book of Revelation that describes the Tribulation events in the greatest detail.

Some Bible interpreters believe that there will be absolutely no chance for salvation after the rapture. However, there is no place in the Bible that says this or even hints to it. There will be many people who come to Christ during the tribulation. The 144,000 Jewish witnesses (Revelation 7:4) are Jewish believers. If no one can come to Christ during the tribulation, then why are people being beheaded for their faith (Revelation 20:4)? No passage of Scripture argues against people having a chance to be saved after the rapture. Many passages indicate the opposite.

Another view is that those who hear the gospel and reject it before the rapture cannot be saved. Those saved during the tribulation, then, are those who had never heard the gospel before the rapture. The “proof text” for this view is 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11, which says the antichrist will work miracles to deceive “those who are perishing” and that God Himself will “send them a powerful delusion” to confirm them in their unbelief. The reason given is that “they refused to love the truth and so be saved” (verse 10). Granted, those who are hard-hearted toward the gospel before the rapture are likely to remain so. And the antichrist will deceive many (Matthew 24:5). But “those who refused to love the truth” does not necessarily refer to people who heard the gospel before the rapture. It could be anyone who wholly rejects God’s salvation, at any time. So, there is no clear scriptural evidence to support this view.

Revelation 6:9-11 speaks of those martyred during the tribulation “because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained.” These martyrs will correctly interpret what they see during the tribulation and will believe the gospel themselves and call on others to repent and believe as well. The antichrist and his followers will not tolerate their evangelism and will kill them. All of these martyrs are people who were alive before the rapture, but who were not believers until afterward. Therefore, there must be opportunity to come to Christ in faith after the rapture.

Pre-Trib Research Center

Most of the Bible teachers that I've listened to sincerely believe that Jesus' church
will be completely gone from the Earth when the fourth chapter of Revelation
begins coming to pass, viz: the era of the so-called great commission (a.k.a. the
church age) will be over; there won't be any born-again, Spirit-empowered
Christian evangelists left anywhere on Earth preaching Jesus' gospel, yet according
to Rev 7:9-17, many thousands of people will be saved during the church's
absence. In my opinion, those numbers can only be attributed to the success of the
everlasting gospel; which reads thus:

"Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and
worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of
waters." (Rev 14:6-7)

The everlasting gospel is a bounce from the very first chapter of Genesis. It's very
elementary; pretty much all it says is:

1• There's a supreme being.

2• He deserves respect.

3• There's a frightful reckoning looming on the horizon, and

4• The cosmos— all of its forms of life, matter, and energy —is the product of
intelligent design.

Giving glory to God basically requires giving Him credit where credit is due; and
worship basically requires admiration, reverence, applause, and dignity.

The everlasting gospel is timeless, and its points are as valid in our day as they will
be in the days ahead.

FAQ: How is God due glory?

REPLY: Glory can be defined as high renown and/or honor won by notable
achievements, viz: accolades. Well; speaking for myself; I have to say that the
successful invention, design, and construction of the cosmos, with all of its forms of
life, matter, and energy, is quite an achievement and speaks of the capability of a
genius that deserves applause and admiration.
_

Most of the Bible teachers that I've listened to sincerely believe that Jesus' church
will be completely gone from the Earth when the fourth chapter of Revelation
begins coming to pass,
No offence but you might consider you're in an Echo Chamber. I don't doubt your experience is true but if all your Bible teachers you listen to are PreTrib rapture believers then of course that's what they'll say. There are large numbers of Bible believers that make cases for things not in line with what your teachers you listen to say.

I didn't say all, I said most: indicating a percentage somewhat less than the whole.
_
OK but I still wouldn't say the whole or largest portion of believers are believing in Pre Trib beliefs. Not so much any more. Oh and by the way this poster sent me a not so nice private message saying they now put me on ignore...for what? Saying there are large number of believers that don't hold to PreTrib? I wish them the best but I"m not sure why people take a difference of opinion on this so personal. I would say one good thing about the internet it has allowed other views of this to come forth and I'm glad to see other peoples perspective being allowed to come forth. I think one of the main things is be ready to go no matter when the Lord returns. God Bless.

OK but I still wouldn't say the whole or largest portion of believers are believing in Pre Trib beliefs. Not so much any more. Oh and by the way this poster sent me a not so nice private message saying they now put me on ignore...for what? Saying there are large number of believers that don't hold to PreTrib? I wish them the best but I"m not sure why people take a difference of opinion on this so personal. I would say one good thing about the internet it has allowed other views of this to come forth and I'm glad to see other peoples perspective being allowed to come forth. I think one of the main things is be ready to go no matter when the Lord returns. God Bless.
Welcome to the ignore club I'm on it too lol. :)

No offence but you might consider you're in an Echo Chamber. I don't doubt your experience is true but if all your Bible teachers you listen to are PreTrib rapture believers then of course that's what they'll say. There are large numbers of Bible believers that make cases for things not in line with what your teachers you listen to say.
Indeed

The living are caught up and the dead raised at Christ's coming at the last day

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17 (KJV 1900) — 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 6:39–44 (KJV 1900) — 39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. 41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Rapture of the Church is one of the most fascinating and hotly debated events prophesied to take place in the end times. Interestingly, the word rapture doesn’t appear in our English Bibles. Rapture comes from the Latin word rapio (“to snatch away”), which is translated “caught up” in 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Those who study the Scripture usually hold one of three views on the timing of the Rapture. According to the pre-tribulation view, the Rapture of the Church will occur before the Tribulation. The mid-tribulation view says that the Rapture will happen at the midpoint—about three and a half years into the Tribulation. The post-tribulation view holds the Rapture will occur at the very end of the Tribulation.

There are many reasons to believe in a pre-tribulation Rapture. For example, did you notice that the word church appears nineteen times in Revelation 1–3? But from Revelation 4 on, which describes the Tribulation, there is no further reference to the Church on earth. John never mentions the Church’s presence anywhere but in heaven. It would seem logical that if we were going to have to experience this terrifying time of trial and tribulation on earth, the Lord would have included some reference to it.

Another indication that the Church is in heaven during the Tribulation is the description of the twenty-four seats around the throne of God (Revelation 4). Many Bible scholars believe the twenty-four elders represent the Church, which is, therefore, in heaven as the Tribulation begins on earth.

Paul taught that the Day of the Lord will not happen until “the one who now holds [lawlessness] back” is taken away (2 Thessalonians 2:7). This refers to the Holy Spirit, who indwells the Church. But as long as the Church is on earth, the Holy Spirit must be present.
Finally, in his vision, John saw Christ coming to earth at the end of the Tribulation. He was accompanied by “the armies of heaven”—also a reference to the Church (Revelation 19:14).

I believe the Rapture and the Second Coming are separated by the seven-year Tribulation. At the Rapture, Christ comes for His Bride, celebrates the “wedding of the Lamb” with her in heaven during the Tribulation (19:7), and then returns with her to earth at His Second Coming.
The purpose of the Rapture, then, is to remove the Church from earth before the wrath of God is unleashed. In 1 Thessalonians 4:17, we have God’s promise that the dead in Christ and those still living at the time, will be “caught up together . . . to meet the Lord in the air.” These are such words of comfort for all believers.

Though some claim to have figured out when the Rapture will occur with complicated calculations, the Bible tells us no one knows the exact hour or the precise day . . . not even Jesus (Mark 13:32). As a wise person once observed, the point is not to try to figure out when but to be ready whenever!

The Rapture of the Church will be a glorious occasion unlike anything in the history of the world. May the Lord find us ready and waiting.

David Jeremiah, When Christ Appears: An Inspirational Experience Through Revelation

I think the end times events are happening right now, and it is the plan of God to remove His people from the danger that is to come. The Rapture of the Church is the next event on God's prophetic timeline.

We as Believers can know with certainty that Jesus Christ will rescue us before the Tribulation.

We are, “to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come”
1 Thess. 1:10

This is the teaching known as the Rapture of the Church. It will be a time when Church Age believers are caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

Then they who are alive, shall be caught up together into the clouds with them who remain, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we be ever with the Lord. 1 Thess. 4:17

We will be lifted up from the earth to escape the wrath of the Lamb.

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us[a] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?” Rev. 6:15–17

We will be rescued from the Tribulation that the unredeemed men and women of the world are going to have to experience.

I think they can and here's why. See number 10

According to Jesus, these ten things will continue to multiply and progress as the first three and a half years of the Great Tribulation unfold following the rapture.

1. Deception: “Many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.” (Matthew 24:5)
2. Dissension: “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. . . . Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:6–7)
3. Devastation: “There will be famines.” (Matthew 24:7)
4. Disease: “Pestilences.” (Matthew 24:7)
5. Disasters: “Earthquakes in various places.” (Matthew 24:7)
6. Death: “They will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.” (Matthew 24:9)
7. Disloyalty: “Many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.” (Matthew 24:10)
8. Delusion: “Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many” (24:11). It should also be noted that part of the delusion will be an increase in drug use. One of the characteristics of the end times’ false religion will be what the book of Revelation calls “sorceries” (Matthew 9:21). The word John used is pharmakia, from which we get the word pharmacy. It is an ancient reference to the ingestion of drugs. The use of mind-altering substances such as narcotics and hallucinogens will be associated with false religions, doubtless with the approval of the government.
9. Defection: “Because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold” (Matthew 24:12). People will turn away from God and from one another.
10. Declaration: “This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations” (d 24:14). In the midst of the darkness the light of the good news of Jesus Christ will shine brighter than ever. People everywhere will run to Jesus Christ for forgiveness, peace, and life.

Jesus spoke clearly about the Tribulation, but He is not alone. Several passages throughout the Bible describe the events that will occur during the Tribulation period. These descriptions occur in the writings of various Old Testament prophets and in brief references here and there in other books of the Bible. But it is the book of Revelation that describes the Tribulation events in the greatest detail.

Some Bible interpreters believe that there will be absolutely no chance for salvation after the rapture. However, there is no place in the Bible that says this or even hints to it. There will be many people who come to Christ during the tribulation. The 144,000 Jewish witnesses (Revelation 7:4) are Jewish believers. If no one can come to Christ during the tribulation, then why are people being beheaded for their faith (Revelation 20:4)? No passage of Scripture argues against people having a chance to be saved after the rapture. Many passages indicate the opposite.

Another view is that those who hear the gospel and reject it before the rapture cannot be saved. Those saved during the tribulation, then, are those who had never heard the gospel before the rapture. The “proof text” for this view is 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11, which says the antichrist will work miracles to deceive “those who are perishing” and that God Himself will “send them a powerful delusion” to confirm them in their unbelief. The reason given is that “they refused to love the truth and so be saved” (verse 10). Granted, those who are hard-hearted toward the gospel before the rapture are likely to remain so. And the antichrist will deceive many (Matthew 24:5). But “those who refused to love the truth” does not necessarily refer to people who heard the gospel before the rapture. It could be anyone who wholly rejects God’s salvation, at any time. So, there is no clear scriptural evidence to support this view.

Revelation 6:9-11 speaks of those martyred during the tribulation “because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained.” These martyrs will correctly interpret what they see during the tribulation and will believe the gospel themselves and call on others to repent and believe as well. The antichrist and his followers will not tolerate their evangelism and will kill them. All of these martyrs are people who were alive before the rapture, but who were not believers until afterward. Therefore, there must be opportunity to come to Christ in faith after the rapture.

Pre-Trib Research Center
In answer to your title....
Absolutely...
Yes!!!!!

While the bride of Jesus is taken up in the harpadzo (rapture), there are the 144,000 Hebrew witnesses described in Revelation 7, and 14, as well as the angels flying through the sky proclaiming the everlasting gospel of the Kingdom (Revelation 14:6).

So... yes....
People will be able to be saved, and are saved during the tribulation period.

The only problem is...
If they refuse to turn to YHVH from their sin now, and place their trust in Jesus now, why would they turn then?
While I won't say it's easy to follow Jesus now... it is easi-er now than it'll be then.

People will be assassinated by the government, they'll be turned over by their families, friends, etc... for "being a follower of Jesus" at that time.

Admittedly, we have things fairly easy nowadays here in the USA and probably other countries who value liberty and freedom of choice.

Probably a really important thing is to provide the information to ensure people have the truth to be available for after the rapture.

The movies of the left behind series, both the original and the remake by Kevin Sorbo, note the deliberate deception to cover the truth, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes...

Furthermore, Jesus said that it'll be an absolute nightmare on earth afterwards.

He gives us the way to actually escape the Tribulation period.

Luk 21:34-36 WEB 34 “So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly. 35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth. 36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Back
Top Bottom