Abel's Total Depravity?????

i was agreeing with you
That’s always a good thing…😎
the fact they were not successful did not prove that they were therefore not trying to crush each other to pieces at all as you contend in post #47.
My only contention was that the figurative meaning of “struggle” is only a symbolic picture of the contention that would be in the future. Hebrew speaks in word pictures more than literal meaning.

The unusually strong movements in her womb were not abnormal but to her they were concerning and the Lord used them to reveal the future for the twins.

Nothing states explicitly nor implies that they were consciously choosing to jostle with each other or that they knew what the outcome would eventually be.

Doug

That’s always a good thing…😎

My only contention was that the figurative meaning of “struggle” is only a symbolic picture of the contention that would be in the future. Hebrew speaks in word pictures more than literal meaning.

The unusually strong movements in her womb were not abnormal but to her they were concerning and the Lord used them to reveal the future for the twins.

Nothing states explicitly nor implies that they were consciously choosing to jostle with each other or that they knew what the outcome would eventually be.

Doug

I'm a twin. Twins run in my families. My father was a twin. He had two sets of twins.

The struggle between twins in the womb is real. They do not want to share the same "space". You'll do anything to hang on to your delusion.

There is only ONE HEIR. That Heir is Christ. It is both an allegorical expression relative to the first and second Adam and a literally struggle between all twins.

You're full of man made doctrine. There is no reason to follow the Wesley brothers.

I'm a twin. Twins run in my families. My father was a twin. He had two sets of twins.
My wife is a twin and her sister had twins.

The struggle between twins in the womb is real. They do not want to share the same "space".
That is precisely what I was saying!

You'll do anything to hang on to your delusion.
Since we are in agreement, does that make you delusional too?

There is only ONE HEIR. That Heir is Christ.
Agreed!

It is both an allegorical expression relative to the first and second Adam
I don’t think so, but to each their own. It doesn’t matter either way. You can allegorize almost anything, but it doesn’t mean that was the purpose.

and a literally struggle between all twins.
Yep, nothing unique about Jacob and Esau!

You're full of man made doctrine. There is no reason to follow the Wesley brothers.
Again, since we are in agreement with most of the above, why the need for such vitriol. This particular discussion has nothing to do with Wesleyan doctrine. Nor do all Wesleyans agree with Wesley at all points.

Doug

My wife is a twin and her sister had twins.
That is precisely what I was saying!
Since we are in agreement, does that make you delusional too?
Agreed!

These natural struggles parallel the allegory. It fits perfectly. Do you know how long it takes to know the Arminian position on most anything? About a week. It is so overly simplistic and extraordinarily shallow.

Yep, nothing unique about Jacob and Esau!

Brothers. They loved one another. I could go on and on but you're oversimplifying again.

Again, since we are in agreement with most of the above, why the need for such vitriol. This particular discussion has nothing to do with Wesleyan doctrine. Nor do all Wesleyans agree with Wesley at all points.

Doug

Then stop calling yourself a Wesleyan. No man deserves such an honor. There is only one Heir. Christ.

Then stop calling yourself a Wesleyan. No man deserves such an honor. There is only one Heir. Christ.
I am a disciple of Christ, like Wesley, like you, like innumerable others. I answer to Christ alone, and he alone has the right to judge me and my representation of him.

Nobody agrees with everyone at every point of reference. My sole goal is to love the Lord with all my being and my neighbor as myself. Against such there is no law.

I believe that Christ’s work and presence in the believer’s life makes this very possible and expected, for with God all things are possible.

Doug

I am a disciple of Christ, like Wesley, like you, like innumerable others. I answer to Christ alone, and he alone has the right to judge me and my representation of him.

Nobody agrees with everyone at every point of reference. My sole goal is to love the Lord with all my being and my neighbor as myself. Against such there is no law.

I believe that Christ’s work and presence in the believer’s life makes this very possible and expected, for with God all things are possible.

Doug

Pitiful. If you are a disciple of Christ, then act like it. Never speak of another in any context of anyone between you and Christ.

1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

You have a higher calling in Christ.

Back
Top Bottom