YHWH

MTMattie

The following came in this morning from the Israel Bible Center that I signed up for.

Now before I post any part of it I want to remind all about

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”And we Trin believer have used that
as further proof Jesus was/is God.

Look at the following...........

The Name of God

What It Means:

"YHWH" (יְהוָה) is the personal, sacred name of God in the Hebrew Bible, often translated as "I AM" or "The Lord." It represents God’s eternal, self-sustaining existence—He is the One who was, who is, and who will be.

Why It Matters:

This name is first revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14 when God says, "I AM WHO I AM." It signifies God’s unchanging nature, His presence, and His relationship with His people. It isn’t just a title; it’s deeply personal. This name emphasizes that God is not distant but is intimately involved in the lives of His people, faithful to His promises and covenant.

Fun Fact:

The name "YHWH" is so sacred that in ancient times, only the high priest could utter it, and even then, only once a year on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, inside the Holy of Holies in the temple. Over time, this reverence led to the use of "Adonai" (Lord) or "HaShem" (The Name) in place of Yahweh during regular prayers and readings. This tradition continues in many Jewish communities today!

What About You?:

Have you ever experienced God as the unchanging, always-present "I AM"?

What more proof do you need?

Dr. Yeshaya Gruber

Professor of Jewish History and Culture
Dr. Yeshaya Gruber is Professor of Jewish History and Culture at the Israel Bible Center and hosts the Roundtable Talks with leading scholars and authors in Biblical, Second Temple Period, and Jewish-Christian Studies. He earned his Ph.D. in History from Georgetown University and has held research and teaching positions in Jerusalem, Athens, Sydney, and elsewhere. His extensive travels, coupled with his research and teaching experience, help to enrich his students’ understanding of Jewish-Christian relations, history, and potential future paths.

Dr. Gruber loves to study the interactions of Jewish and Christian texts, traditions, and communities from antiquity to the present. He is especially interested in how language differences and translations influence Biblical interpretation. He is also the co-founder of Kol Hakatuv, an Israeli startup offering high-quality translation and editing services. Dr. Gruber lives in Israel with his family.

Yes it's UNDENIABLE our One Lord Jesus Christ who is not only called Theos in the N.T. but also identified as YHWH and the great " I Am " in the O.T.

we know the uni's deny both Hebrew and Greek words and their meanings along with the ancient grammar of Hebrew and Greek.

they are stuck in the ancient river known as De Nile. :)

Addressing the OP, in that case .... which YHWH is I AM, that is a verb instead of a Noun, which means that the Lord Jesus is the Father... by title.

101G.

@MTMattie, @civic
is not "I AM" a verb? Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

I AM: H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v.
1. to exist.
2. to be or become.
3. to come into being, i.e. to happen, to occur (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).
[a primitive root]
KJV: beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.

verbs are a word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence, and forming the main part of the predicate of a sentence.

101G.

to all,
if this came from the Israel Bible Center, they must not understand the difference between a verb and a Noun. so the correct rending is not "I AM "WHO" I AM... no, but I AM "THAT" I AM". because "THAT" is WHAT he is.......... and NOT "WHO" he is. for I AM King, I AM Saviour, I AM Redeemer.... ect..... for this is "WHAT" he is.....

101G

The Koine Greek term Ego eimi (Ἐγώ εἰμί, pronounced [eɣó imí]), literally 'I am' or 'It is I', is an emphatic form of the copulative verb εἰμι that is recorded in the Gospels to have been spoken by Jesus on several occasions to refer to himself not with the role of a verb but playing the role of a name, in the Gospel of John occurring seven times with specific titles.

Why does God refer to Himself in the plural in Genesis 1:26 and 3:22?

you brought him here, and 101G answered here. if you like you can invite Dr. Yeshaya Gruber here on the Forum.

101G.
Nice deflect.

You have a major outfit with the Israel Bible people and their studies that you can join if you wish.

But obviously you are afraid unless you can pull a Christian into a lions den.

But you would rather condemn ideas from some that are seemingly more learned then any of us here with the possible exception of @Behold
(who I wish would address this particular point . Heck, wouldn't it be interesting if Behold actually knew of this man.....?

You do not know it all. I do not know it all.... that is why I go where I might actually learn something and then I am not afraid to share that.

Nice deflect.

You have a major outfit with the Israel Bible people and their studies that you can join if you wish.

But obviously you are afraid unless you can pull a Christian into a lions den.

But you would rather condemn ideas from some that are seemingly more learned then any of us here with the possible exception of @Behold
(who I wish would address this particular point . Heck, wouldn't it be interesting if Behold actually knew of this man.....?

You do not know it all. I do not know it all.... that is why I go where I might actually learn something and then I am not afraid to share that.
excuse?

101G

The Koine Greek term Ego eimi (Ἐγώ εἰμί, pronounced [eɣó imí]), literally 'I am' or 'It is I', is an emphatic form of the copulative verb εἰμι that is recorded in the Gospels to have been spoken by Jesus on several occasions to refer to himself not with the role of a verb but playing the role of a name, in the Gospel of John occurring seven times with specific titles.

Why does God refer to Himself in the plural in Genesis 1:26 and 3:22?

as for the plurality of God is simple. he is the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh.

101G

The following came in this morning from the Israel Bible Center that I signed up for.

Now before I post any part of it I want to remind all about

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”And we Trin believer have used that
as further proof Jesus was/is God.

Look at the following...........

Dr. Yeshaya Gruber

Professor of Jewish History and Culture
Dr. Yeshaya Gruber is Professor of Jewish History and Culture at the Israel Bible Center and hosts the Roundtable Talks with leading scholars and authors in Biblical, Second Temple Period, and Jewish-Christian Studies. He earned his Ph.D. in History from Georgetown University and has held research and teaching positions in Jerusalem, Athens, Sydney, and elsewhere. His extensive travels, coupled with his research and teaching experience, help to enrich his students’ understanding of Jewish-Christian relations, history, and potential future paths.

Dr. Gruber loves to study the interactions of Jewish and Christian texts, traditions, and communities from antiquity to the present. He is especially interested in how language differences and translations influence Biblical interpretation. He is also the co-founder of Kol Hakatuv, an Israeli startup offering high-quality translation and editing services. Dr. Gruber lives in Israel with his family.
AWESOME = thanks for posting

Question: Did you need Dr. Yeshaya Gruber to know that???

Back
Top Bottom