What is Biblical Saving Faith ?

civic

πίστις, (a) faith, belief, trust, generally of the leaning of the entire human personality upon God or the Messiah in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness. The older meaning, intellectual conviction of certain truths, is often present. (In Eph. 1:15 [shorter text] εἰς = among); (b) with the article, the faith (in Lk. 18:8 perhaps the necessary faith or the faith that perseveres), the Christian faith, Ac. 6:7, 13:8, 16:5, 24:24, Gal. 1:23, 3:23, 6:10, Eph. 4:13, Jude 3, Jude 20, &c.; (c) as a psychological faculty, Heb. 11:1; (d) integrity, faithfulness, trustworthiness, loyalty, Mt. 23:23, Rom. 1:17 (?), Gal. 5:22, 2 Tim. 4:7; (e) a guarantee, Ac. 17:31.[1] Lexicon to the Greek New Testament.

Faith that saves demonstrated below.

Luke 19:5-10

And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, for so much as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

To save- it means to deliver out of danger

Salvation- refers to the activity which produces the state of safety

Savior- is reserved for the one who saves.

We sometimes talk about saving things but Jesus only used the word in with man whom He saved.

Luke 19:9- This is the only time Jesus used the word salvation and that was with Zacchaeus. Christ’s purpose was one of seeking and saving the lost. Zacchaeus was a rich tax collector who was looked down upon for his livelihood. He was despised by those around him. When Jesus approached him and Zacchaeus looked up at Him , Jesus asked him to use his house and Zacchaeus gladly came down and received Him. When they went into the house the multitude murmured and within a short visit Zacchaeus was repentant of his ill gains which was evidence of his new found faith in the Savior. Salvation is the power that takes hold of a person and remakes him.

Here are some verses that Jesus used the word save.

Luke 6:9- Jesus restored the withered hand

Luke 8:48- Jesus healed the woman with the issue of blood

Luke 8:50- Jesus raised Jairus daughter from the dead

Luke 17:19- Jesus cleansed the lepers

Luke 18:42- Jesus healed the blind

So as we can see to save means to completely remove or destroy those destructive forces. To restore all that had been lost. Salvation in the teaching of Jesus is the complete change from one condition to its opposite. Jesus confronted man with the reality of sin. The religious people of his day hated Him without a cause because they loved their sin. Jesus taught us to “repent toward God”(Matt 4:17) To believe in Me (John 6:28,29) and “test Me”, will to do My will. ( John 7:17)

Eternal life is to know Christ ( John 17:3) Jesus said you are my disciples if you abide in Me. ( John 8:31,32) Apart from Him I can do nothing.(John 15:5)

Faith is a conviction of the mind that Christ is God. Jesus said unless you believe that “ I AM” you will die in your sins.(John 8:24) Read the whole chapter. Paul declared one must confess Jesus is Lord(YHWH) to be saved and those who call upon Him will be delivered(Joel 2:32). Secondly it is a voluntary surrender to Him as Lord or Master of your life. By faith our mind trusts in God, our heart responds to His love and our will submits to the commands of God. Our life yields to obedience in our service to Him. Faith goes beyond reason, it believes without understanding why. ( Heb 11:1) Faith chooses to endure ill treatment (Heb 11:25) Faith accepts all things as a part of God will, Paul’s imprisonment.( Phil1:12) You are not born with faith, it comes from hearing Gods word(Rom 10:17) You cannot be saved without faith.(John 3:36) No peace with God without faith.(Rom 5:1) You are justified by faith(Gal 2:16) Christ dwells in our hearts by faith (Eph 3:17) The Spirit is received by faith (Gal 3:2) And finally Jesus alone is the author and finisher of our faith.(Heb 12:2)

hope this helps !!!

Belief and Faith is the opposite of Sin and Iniquity.

Belief, (abstract) set the Goal, and Faith (concrete), manifest what one believes. (or the Work is done). as with Sin, (abstract), it set the Goal, and Iniquity, (concrete), manifest what one Sins, (or the work is done)

so BELIEVING FAITH will MANIFEST one Salvation. Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?" Romans 8:25 "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

101G.

Back
Top Bottom