Truth can set you free or put you in bondage

civic

The truth can cause one to be saved or lost by either receiving and believing it or by denying and rejecting it. The choice is up to you.

Romans 1

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

John 8
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”
34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The truth can cause one to be saved or lost by either receiving and believing it or by denying and rejecting it. The choice is up to you.

Romans 1

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

John 8
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”
34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
There is a subtle stress on the human action being the catalyst of the eventual results. We either suppress the truth we hear or have been made aware of, or we express our belief by “holding to” the teachings that we have heard.

It is our response that necessitates the results. Jesus said “if” you hold to my teachings, you are truly his disciples. True belief is evidenced by obedience; suppression is an act of disobedience!

Doug

There is a subtle stress on the human action being the catalyst of the eventual results. We either suppress the truth we hear or have been made aware of, or we express our belief by “holding to” the teachings that we have heard.

It is our response that necessitates the results. Jesus said “if” you hold to my teachings, you are truly his disciples. True belief is evidenced by obedience; suppression is an act of disobedience!

Doug
Amen brother spot on !

Romans 1

John 8
Truth that does not set free, is not truth.

A word about the truth of God "God Is Truth". Psalm 100:5 tells us that God’s truth endures to all generations. Deuteronomy 32:4 says that God is a God of truth, and that His faithfulness remains forever.

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31–32

Jesus said He wants to make us free, and His truth will make us free: “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (NKJV).

Christ, praying for those who called themselves His disciples, asked of the Father, “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth” John 17:17

God has given us a faithful and true revelation of His nature.

The Pharisees rejected Jesus who is the truth and His teachings when they were told the truth.
Jesus said some things about truth in the gospels.

To the Father, Thy Word is Truth.

The truth will set you free.

I am the truth.

We progress through various applications of truth. We hear the teachings of truth which result in a law of liberty being formed within us when we believe. When we live in accordance with the truth, it sets us free. When we live like pharisees, we experience bondage. When God's love is matured in us we have boldness on the day of judgment because in this world we are like Him, in this way the truth that Jesus is, becomes us.

For we do not know what we are but when He comes we will become as He is.

Back
Top Bottom