Trouble In Paradise

Genesis 3 is recognized for its narration of the introduction of sin into the world. By eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Adam and Eve brought the world into a fallen state, commonly referred to as “the fall.”

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:19

Not everyone agrees on who the serpent was. But I think we can all agree on the core conflict in Gen 3 is the conversation between the serpent and the woman that leads to the woman eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen 3:1–6). I think the same motives that affected Eve's decision to disobey God are still in effect today. It's a model of temptation that affects all people

I don't think the serpent being in the garden was an accident. God knew that Adam and Eve would fall the same way he knew that he would die on a cross as a result of the fall.

Yes I must agree, Adam started quite the mess. But Jesus is the answer. I believe when God made men from the dust he knew that he would have to die on a cross for us. And he loved us so much that he made us anyway. What a mighty God we serve.

The term "Fall of Man" is not used in the Bible. It is a theological expression for the descent from perfection to sin. "Man" is a generic biblical word for the human race, including both men and women.
it's better than "CUT OFF" from God. because one can get up from a fall, but only God himself can raise the DEAD.

101G.

Actually, Christians filled with the spirit of God are now closer to Him than Adam ever was, even though Adam saw Him face to face. Christ in us, the hope of glory.
I think being with Him again would be the only way to be closer.

So i disagree.

Some Bible scholars blame Adam for being a bad husband. When Satan tempted Eve, Adam was
with her (Genesis 3:6), but Adam did not remind her of God's warning and did nothing to stop
her.

Seeing as how God is omnipresent, then according to the logic of the scholars: I
must assume God is a bad god because He was with Eve, failed to remind her of
the warning, and did nothing to stop her from tasting the forbidden fruit.

Also: God is guilty of the crime of enablement, i.e. He put no fence around a tree
unfit for human consumption, and in a location where Eve was sure to find it.

Plus: God allowed the Serpent to tempt Eve and He didn't even try to shoo it away
from her knowing full well just how hazardous that creature is to human life and
safety. (a.k.a. the Devil and Satan; Rev 12:9 & Rev 20:2)
_

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom