Share with us what movies you like.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Any kind of movies old movies new movies. I just got to DVD in the mail From Christian Broadcasting network. It was free I signed up for it Online. I haven't watched it yet But it looks very good I did see a preview. It's called the Oracles of God it tells the story about how we got the Old Testament. It says it was written over 1500 years ago by more than 40 writers, in three different languages the Bible is the world's best-selling book. For centuries, the scriptures have shaped, written law language, and culture; And the stories of the Bible are real and remembered around the world.

Well I could give lots but here is one more.
Count of Monte Cristo

very nice tale of how a man is restored to what is his and overcomes deep evil...

Last edited:
Most movies glorify sin and Christians should not be watching and celebrating them.

The church is mostly in a backslidden state.

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, 1991

evil nottingham ransacks the village, separates people from their land, and hurts them; robin of locksley fights evil to get everything back...

sounds like what happened to us losing paradise... very encouraging movie to watch as an example...

Last edited:
A question I'd like to ask is how many have watched all the Jesus movies they've made through the years. From the 1950s and onwards there's been quite a lot of them made. Do you feel they are beneficial? Do you have any reservations about them where you won't watch them? If you do which ones have been your favorite and why? Or any other Biblical movie of things that took place in the Old Testament...Moses movie etc.

A question I'd like to ask is how many have watched all the Jesus movies they've made through the years. From the 1950s and onwards there's been quite a lot of them made. Do you feel they are beneficial? Do you have any reservations about them where you won't watch them? If you do which ones have been your favorite and why? Or any other Biblical movie of things that took place in the Old Testament...Moses movie etc.

Watched Prince of Egypt. It was ok.

Even though they changed a lot, it made me think about a few things.

I used to be really dead set against any misrepresentations in religious filming, but I realized it's more about the attitude coming in.

There's a lot I don't like about Mel Gibson's film, but if it makes God's love real to someone, that's what really matters.

Like The Chosen, it's kind of different and some things aren't great morally—but it gets you to think about Scripture from a new perspective.

I like
Quo Vadis
the Robe
Demetrius and the Gladiators
The Ten Commandments
Prince of egypt - animated version

Watched Prince of Egypt. It was ok.

Even though they changed a lot, it made me think about a few things.

I used to be really dead set against any misrepresentations in religious filming, but I realized it's more about the attitude coming in.

There's a lot I don't like about Mel Gibson's film, but if it makes God's love real to someone, that's what really matters.

Like The Chosen, it's kind of different and some things aren't great morally—but it gets you to think about Scripture from a new perspective.
I could not watch The Chosen, my sister had recommended it... or the young messiah which I found online.

I felt something so off, immediately...

Images are very strong and give the impression of reality, being a kind of sorcery.

So I stopped. It is better from me to watch highway to heaven or little house on the prairie of just columbo than to watch those. I like the old more innocent movies better.

I could not watch The Chosen, my sister had recommended it... or the young messiah which I found online.

I felt something so off, immediately...

Images are very strong and give the impression of reality, being a kind of sorcery.

So I stopped. It is better from me to watch highway to heaven or little house on the prairie of just columbo than to watch those. I like the old more innocent movies better.
did you ever watch Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone

Back
Top Bottom