Nothing but the Blood of Jesus

Clay

“… without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” Hebrews 9:22

The teaching of the Bible, in both the Old and New Testaments, is very clear regarding God’s forgiveness of man’s sin. Only a perfect blood sacrifice would satisfy the Father’s requirement of holiness. Throughout the Old Testament much is told about the blood atonements that the priests had to make on behalf of their people:

Exodus 30:10 Aaron shall make atonement upon the horns of it once a year; with the blood of the sin offering of atonement once in the year shall he make atonement upon and for it throughout your generations. It is most holy to the Lord.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life (the animal soul) is in the blood, and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents].

And we have these verses found in Romans:

Romans 3:24–26 [All] are justified and made upright and in right standing with God, freely and gratuitously by His grace (His unmerited favor and mercy), through the redemption which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
25 Whom God put forward [before the eyes of all] as a mercy seat and propitiation by His blood [the cleansing and life-giving sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation, to be received] through faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in His divine forbearance He had passed over and ignored former sins without punishment.
26 It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time (in the now season) that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has [true] faith in Jesus.

The Bible shows us that the blood of bulls and goats could never satisfy God’s justice for man’s past, present and future sin. Only the shedding of divine blood would do. The Father’s gift of salvation to man required His Son’s life blood. Now when God looks at us, He sees Christ’s shed blood and declares us righteous for Jesus’ sake. Our acceptance with God the Father rests completely upon the merits of the blood of Jesus Christ.

Not all the blood of beasts on Jewish altars slain
Could give the guilty conscience peace, or wash away the stain.
But Christ, the heav’nly Lamb, takes all our sins away;
A sacrifice of nobler name and richer blood than they.
—Isaac Watts

@Bob Carabbio

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus; what can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
For my pardon this I see—Nothing but the blood of Jesus; for my cleansing, this my plea—Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Nothing can for sin atone—Nothing but the blood of Jesus; naught of good that I have done—Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my hope and peace—Nothing but the blood of Jesus; this is all my righteousness—Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Refrain: Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow; no other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

“The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin”—not only from sin, but “from all sin.”

But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations]. 1 John 1:7

When Christ purifies us from all unrighteousness, he substitutes his righteousness for our shame. Instead of shame, we get Christ’s perfection, his righteousness, on our account. We own it.

He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious lovingkindness].
2 Corinthians 5:21

@Bob Carabbio

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus; what can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
For my pardon this I see—Nothing but the blood of Jesus; for my cleansing, this my plea—Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Nothing can for sin atone—Nothing but the blood of Jesus; naught of good that I have done—Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my hope and peace—Nothing but the blood of Jesus; this is all my righteousness—Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Refrain: Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow; no other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
I've noticed that Christians get criticized for their emphasis upon the blood of Jesus. But since, “blood” occurs 360 times in the Old Testament and more than fifty times in the New Testament with reference to atonement There should be an emphasis on The blood of Jesus. Moses declares in Leviticus that life is in the blood and that only blood can make atonement for sin.

From the first sacrifice, when God killed animals to make coverings for Adam and Eve, a sacrifice has been required to atone for sin. The truth conveyed is that an innocent one substitutes for the guilty. Romans 6:23 declares that “the wages of sin is death.” We deserve death for our sinful deeds, but Jesus gave His life that we might live, and now offers that life to all who will believe in Him.

We should never be ashamed of the gospel of salvation through the blood of Jesus. Rather, let us join the heavenly throng in singing, “Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb!”

Link to Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb>

I've noticed that Christians get criticized for their emphasis upon the blood of Jesus. But since, “blood” occurs 360 times in the Old Testament and more than fifty times in the New Testament with reference to atonement There should be an emphasis on The blood of Jesus. Moses declares in Leviticus that life is in the blood and that only blood can make atonement for sin.

From the first sacrifice, when God killed animals to make coverings for Adam and Eve, a sacrifice has been required to atone for sin. The truth conveyed is that an innocent one substitutes for the guilty. Romans 6:23 declares that “the wages of sin is death.” We deserve death for our sinful deeds, but Jesus gave His life that we might live, and now offers that life to all who will believe in Him.

We should never be ashamed of the gospel of salvation through the blood of Jesus. Rather, let us join the heavenly throng in singing, “Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb!”

Link to Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb>
I think you're right blood isn't a real popular topic, but in the case of our salvation it should be.

Of all the themes in the Bible, blood is one of the most important. The Bible indicates that blood, specifically Jesus’s blood:

• Establishes relationships with God
• Is the only means of receiving forgiveness for sin
• Opens the human heart to receive healing
• Closes the mouths of deceiving spirits
• Demolishes the doctrines of demons
• Energizes the human spirit
• Empowers us to resist sin
• Cleans up a bad conscience
• Gives meaning and direction to life
• Guarantees our entrance into God’s presence
• Brings Jesus into focus

Why is there such power in this red substance? Many Christians know the blood of Jesus is vital to our salvation. They know that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin (Heb. 9:22) and no way for mankind to be brought back into fellowship with God.

But wait there is more. Without blood there would be no covenant with God in the first place, because God has chosen to use blood to seal lasting agreements between Himself and the people He created. From the first drop shed when God slaughtered animals to make skins to cover Adam’s and Eve’s nakedness and their sin all the way to the new covenant, blood has allowed mankind to have a relationship with God. This crucial role blood plays in covenants with God makes it a powerful weapon in the unseen but a very real war going on in the heavens.

Like it or not, blood is a topic that cannot be ignored. My prayer is that this book provides a fresh understanding of the incredible, life-giving power of Jesus’s blood. I hope it presents a more-than-casual overview of what the Bible teaches about blood and blood covenants and how applying that knowledge can help us live in deeper, more intimate communion with God, which is the very reason we exist.

and also with being recipient of HIs promise of election to holiness and becoming HIS legitimate son,
Berean Standard Bible
Eph 1:4 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. 5 In love He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will...

Election for believers is the inviolable promise and His blood fulfills this promise to His sheep, His believers, who have gone astray into sin.

Iow, the shedding of His blood did nothing for those condemned already, those who were not chosen before the foundation of the world, those who are not HIS legitimate children:
Deuteronomy 32:5 “They have corrupted themselves; They are not His children because of their blemish but a perverse and crooked generation.
OR
their blemish is that they are not HIS children.

I've noticed that Christians get criticized for their emphasis upon the blood of Jesus.
Naturally!!!! Satan spared no effort to ELIMINATE the TRUTH behind salvation. And since THE BLOOD it the ONLY means by which salvation happens, it's gonna be a primary target. Satan tries to sell his "Salvation isn't by FAITH, but by WORKS" lie, and in a large portion of the visible church, he's been successful!!!

Jesus said.....

"No person comes to the Father, but by ME".

= My shed BLOOD.

As this is the "new Covenant" that is the "Blood Atonement" that is the NEW Testament".

So, what does that EXCLUDE ???

1.) Water Baptism
2.) Law and Commandments
3.) Works and self effort
4.) Enduring to the end
5.) Purgatory

Just to name a few..

Salvation, right standing with God Is found in believing the finished work of Christ. The shedding of his blood on the cross. Now we can come boldly to the throne. There is no longer a parochet curtain of the separation between man and his creator.

Salvation, right standing with God Is found in believing the finished work of Christ. The shedding of his blood on the cross. Now we can come boldly to the throne. There is no longer a parochet curtain of the separation between man and his creator.

"ONE with God".

Can a born again get any closer to the Almighty?

"IN Christ".... same again.

Heretics can't understand this.... because ..

A.) They are not born again

B.) Their CULT has them blinded so that they can't see anything that is related to God's Salvation.

"ONE with God".

Can a born again get any closer to the Almighty?

"IN Christ".... same again.

Heretics can't understand this.... because ..

A.) They are not born again

B.) Their CULT has them blinded so that they can't see anything that is related to God's Salvation.
Let's leave the Cults and the Heretics out of this. It makes us sound like self-righteous Bible Thumpers. Jesus said they'll know you're my disciples by your love for one another.

Last edited:
Let's leave the Cults and the Heretics out of this. It makes us sound like self-righteous Bible Thumpers. Jesus said they'll know you're my disciples by your love for one another.

Its the cults that create the Heretics.
Its the Heretics who ruin Forums.
Its the Heretics on Forums who prevent any Christian Forums from being a safe place for a New Christian to come and try to learn or share.

So, if you LOVE what causes Harm, then your "love" is misplaced.

You might read Titus 3:10, for an update on how you deal with cult teaching-heretics.

See, Christianity is not about trying to tolerate everything that pretends to be a Christian.

The teaching of the Bible, in both the Old and New Testaments, is very clear regarding God’s forgiveness of man’s sin. Only a perfect blood sacrifice would satisfy the Father’s requirement of holiness. Throughout the Old Testament much is told about the blood atonements that the priests had to make on behalf of their people:

Exodus 30:10 Aaron shall make atonement upon the horns of it once a year; with the blood of the sin offering of atonement once in the year shall he make atonement upon and for it throughout your generations. It is most holy to the Lord.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life (the animal soul) is in the blood, and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents].

And we have these verses found in Romans:

Romans 3:24–26 [All] are justified and made upright and in right standing with God, freely and gratuitously by His grace (His unmerited favor and mercy), through the redemption which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
25 Whom God put forward [before the eyes of all] as a mercy seat and propitiation by His blood [the cleansing and life-giving sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation, to be received] through faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in His divine forbearance He had passed over and ignored former sins without punishment.
26 It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time (in the now season) that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has [true] faith in Jesus.

The Bible shows us that the blood of bulls and goats could never satisfy God’s justice for man’s past, present and future sin. Only the shedding of divine blood would do. The Father’s gift of salvation to man required His Son’s life blood. Now when God looks at us, He sees Christ’s shed blood and declares us righteous for Jesus’ sake. Our acceptance with God the Father rests completely upon the merits of the blood of Jesus Christ.

Not all the blood of beasts on Jewish altars slain
Could give the guilty conscience peace, or wash away the stain.
But Christ, the heav’nly Lamb, takes all our sins away;
A sacrifice of nobler name and richer blood than they.
—Isaac Watts
Yes the forgiveness of our sins is found in Jesus blood in the Atonement. His resurrection gives us life. That’s why the gospel is the life, death , burial and resurrection , appearances of Jesus as described by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8.

I Think the Pharisees probably thought Jesus was a heretic. Jesus hung out with sinners ate with tax collectors And he loves them all so much he died on a cross for them. I would imagine the Pharisees probably thought the followers of Jesus were a cult.

In my opinion, most of the Pharisees with isolated exceptions such as Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea believed that Jesus was a religious impostor.

Luke 18:9-14​

He told his next story to some who were complacently pleased with themselves over their moral performance and looked down their noses at the common people: “Two men went up to the Temple to pray, one a Pharisee, the other a tax man. The Pharisee posed and prayed like this: ‘Oh, God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, crooks, adulterers, or, heaven forbid, like this tax man. I fast twice a week and tithe on all my income.’ “Meanwhile the tax man, slumped in the shadows, his face in his hands, not daring to look up, said, ‘God, give mercy. Forgive me, a sinner.’” Jesus commented, “This tax man, not the other, went home made right with God. If you walk around with your nose in the air, you’re going to end up flat on your face, but if you’re content to be simply yourself, you will become more than yourself.”

The best one for last...

Romans 14:4​

Who are you to judge the servant of another? Before his own master he stands [approved] or falls [out of favor]. And he [who serves the Master—the Lord] will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Who are you to judge the servant of another?
Show me the Forum that understands this verse i've posted below..., or obeys it, and i'll show you one that actually Pleases God.
Good luck with that.
Here is what happens on Forums.
You have some who are saved and understand basic NT Theology as Paul wrote it.... and others who are lost, and some who are Calvinists, and some who are God only knows what, and they are the MODS and the Forum owner.
So, based on that, is what the FORUM turns into.
There is not ONE FORUM online not ONE< where a new Christian can go and not be faith destroyed by Calvinists or Catholics or some fringe group of Legalistic Heretics who probably aren't saved, and gang up on anything that does not worship water baptism, commandment keeping or "how to lose your salvation" = false theology.
Here is what Paul teaches, and if you dont like it, and want to just accept everything that says.>"yeah, im a christian" then......just keep on doing it.
1.)
James Bible
A man that is an HERETIC after the first and second admonition reject;
New King James Version
Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
American Standard Version
A factious man after a first and second admonition refuse;
Berean Study Bible
Reject a divisive man after a first and second admonition,
Douay-Rheims Bible
A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition, avoid:

English Revised Version
A man that is HERETICAL after a first and second admonition refuse;

Last edited by a moderator:

Who are you to judge the servant of another? Before his own master he stands [approved] or falls [out of favor]. And he [who serves the Master—the Lord] will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

It's not my job to anybody.

This is the only forum that I go to so I couldn't tell you what they do in other forms nor would I care to.

Last edited:
I think you're right blood isn't a real popular topic, but in the case of our salvation it should be.
Many go forth and seek to establish a righteousness consciousness by doing many good deeds. They may even read their Bibles more, pray more and a host of other things which can strengthen one's spirit. One can never have peace with God however without a consciousness that the blood of Jesus is the central core reason we can have confidence towards God. It is the only way one can a sense in which they are justified and clean before God.

Back
Top Bottom