Just found the upper limit

SteveB

Well, over the past few days I've posted some sufficiently lengthy posts that I found myself wondering if guys had set a limit on the length of posts (character count).
Apparently I just found it.
21,7xx characters.

I seldom post such long posts, but as I was working through my post, I realized-- this is going to be too long. But I figured, I'll work it out.
Which typically means splitting them up.

Apparently the warning message came up, which answered my unspoken question regarding its limit...

Thank you for allowing us to post such lengthy posts.

@Administrator can you address this, thanks ! :)
Certainly my friend. When we first set up the Forum we use the recommended message length. Then at the request of some of our members we increased it to what it is now.

If your message is longer than the allowed length the easiest way to get around it is to divide it into two posts. Or if it's something you're copying and pasting from the internet you can just put a link to it in your post. There's a third way and that's if you haven't article that you've written and would like to put online you can let me know and I can put it on our blog.

https://wordsofjesus68538540.wordpress.com

Here's an example of adding a link to your post. First You can add some of your own thoughts on the topic:

God does not require intelligence, ability, power, or status to become a believer. Those who come to Christ are on His “team” by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8–9). In fact, God chooses the foolish things to confound the wise, or, as rendered in the NIV, He “chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise” (1 Corinthians 1:27).
(Then put your link)

Certainly my friend. When we first set up the Forum we use the recommended message length. Then at the request of some of our members we increased it to what it is now.

If your message is longer than the allowed length the easiest way to get around it is to divide it into two posts. Or if it's something you're copying and pasting from the internet you can just put a link to it in your post. There's a third way and that's if you haven't article that you've written and would like to put online you can let me know and I can put it on our blog.

https://wordsofjesus68538540.wordpress.com

Here's an example of adding a link to your post. First You can add some of your own thoughts on the topic:

God does not require intelligence, ability, power, or status to become a believer. Those who come to Christ are on His “team” by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8–9). In fact, God chooses the foolish things to confound the wise, or, as rendered in the NIV, He “chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise” (1 Corinthians 1:27).
(Then put your link)

Good morning.
Thank you.

Is there a built-in element that does a character count as we're posting?

I vaguely recall one on another forum that I'm a member of, and they use the same xenforo software.

That would be helpful for ensuring we don't exceed the limits.

I can go into the account settings and give you the exact number for the limit. But I would say just let your conscience be your God if you feel post is too long just try to shorten it or put it in two different posts. we don't worry too much about post with just text videos are what uses up our allotted space.

I'll get you the number sometime today.

Looks like it's 21700 characters. that a lot
Yes.
But I was referring to a tool for xenforo that allows the user to actually know how many characters they have on their posts, as they're typing.
It was something I saw in 2020 over on another Christian forum while CARM was down due to the crash.

Yes.
But I was referring to a tool for xenforo that allows the user to actually know how many characters they have on their posts, as they're typing.
It was something I saw in 2020 over on another Christian forum while CARM was down due to the crash.
oh ok that Would be an add-on

Be sure to let us know if you find "The outer limits" You are about to participate in a great adventure you are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner minds to the outer limits

Be sure to let us know if you find "The outer limits" You are about to participate in a great adventure you are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner minds to the outer limits

🤣
I remember that show. One of my favorites back then. Then there was the Twilight Zone.

I already know WHO the Outer limit is.
According to Isaiah 40:12, He holds the cosmos in the span of His hand.
And According to Isaiah 57:15, He inhabits eternity.
So, however humongous He is, I'm thinking that His Person is the outermost.

Who can forget the guy who only wanted to read books in peace? He survived destruction of all that was around him and was ready to read those books. Then his glasses broke.

My preference for longer posts has been to write the ideas out on my local computer and then copy and paste the discussion to the forum. This partly was driven by the old days when I would lose everything I wrote due to a glitch in the forum or my computer connection. I do have a problem doing that in this forum since characters get joined by dropping the spaces between them.

Who can forget the guy who only wanted to read books in peace? He survived destruction of all that was around him and was ready to read those books. Then his glasses broke.
That was a great episode.

My preference for longer posts has been to write the ideas out on my local computer and then copy and paste the discussion to the forum. This partly was driven by the old days when I would lose everything I wrote due to a glitch in the forum or my computer connection. I do have a problem doing that in this forum since characters get joined by dropping the spaces between them.

Back
Top Bottom