If Jesus is really the Messiah, and if he is so important, why doesn’t the Torah speak of him?

Johann

https://www.difa3iat.com/57907.html...ant-why-doesnt-the-torah-speak-of-him-at-all/

If Jesus is really the Messiah, and if he is so important, why doesn’t the Torah speak of him at all?
المحتوى
You would be surprised to see how many passages and concepts actually point to Jesus the Messiah in the Torah. But before you question my beliefs, are you aware that the Torah doesn’t say much about the “traditional” Jewish Messiah? Does this mean the Messiah is unimportant to traditional Judaism? And the Torah says nothing about the oral law. What does this imply? You might want to think twice about your argument.

In the Torah (i.e., the Five Books of Moses), the four times the word mashiach is found (Lev. 4:3, 5, 16; 6:15), it refers to the anointed high priest (hakohen hamashiach), not the Messiah. In fact, with few possible exceptions, the term mashiach is almost never used with reference to the Messiah in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Also, there is no concept of the Messiah as the son of David in the Torah, since David was not born until many years later. So, we are not looking primarily for direct references to “the Messiah” (and certainly not to the “son of David”) as such in the Torah.1 Rather, we are looking for foreshadowings, general predictions, and “pre-illustrations” of the Messiah in the Torah. Here are just a few.

Brown, M. L. (2003). Answering Jewish objections to Jesus, Volume 3: Messianic prophecy objections (3). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Lord God said to the serpent:

Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel
” Genesis 3:14-15 NKJV

And you shall eat dust
And I will put enmity
Messianic prophecy-hopefully us Christians can learn more from rabbinical writings and the Messianic Communities.
J.

And you shall eat dust
And I will put enmity
Messianic prophecy-hopefully us Christians can learn more from rabbinical writings and the Messianic Communities.
J.
So, is that agreement or disagreement?
Did you read the post?
If not-read and then we can "agree or not agree" I said the quotation is a Messianic prophecy-yes?

That seems true, but you also said...

If rabbinical writings downplay the role of Messiah, doesn't that make them unreliable...?
(I generally trust Messianic communities, though.)
I am talking re Messianic communities-and by rabbinical-I mean rabbinical writings on how they saw/view Mashiach.
If you read the posts carefully-not all rabbinical writings "downplay" the role of Mashiach Yehoshuwa-they CONFIRM it.
Many believers are dismally ignorant re this information.
Shalom
J.

Didn't get a chance to read the op post completely but what about Isaiah ? The prophecies of the Messiah in that?

Only Jesus (or Yehoshua as I hear some Jewish folks say) can match the prophecy. The combination of birth place, manner of death etc... Is to astronomically improbable to be anyone else.

GINOLJC, to all.
the Lord Jesus is all over the OT, he is the LORD, "Shared Equally" in flesh to come for our A. redemption, and B. Salvation.

but one of the Most important writing of the Christ or the Messiah is also found right at the book of beginning, Genesis. when the Nation of Israel was about to be BORN, coming out of EGYPY. Jacob/Israel prophesied over his sons. and one was very interesting.
Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be." Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ***'s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:" Genesis 49:12 "His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk."

this Shiloh is the Christ. it is the Hebrew Word,
H7886 שִׁילֹה Shiyloh (shee-lo') n/p.
1. tranquil.
2. Shiloh, an epithet of the Messiah.
[from H7951]
KJV: Shiloh.
Root(s): H7951

and, "he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes" is in reference to his crucifixion as mentioned in Isaiah chapter 53, and Zechariah 12:10.

101G.

https://www.difa3iat.com/57907.html...ant-why-doesnt-the-torah-speak-of-him-at-all/

If Jesus is really the Messiah, and if he is so important, why doesn’t the Torah speak of him at all?
المحتوى
You would be surprised to see how many passages and concepts actually point to Jesus the Messiah in the Torah. But before you question my beliefs, are you aware that the Torah doesn’t say much about the “traditional” Jewish Messiah? Does this mean the Messiah is unimportant to traditional Judaism? And the Torah says nothing about the oral law. What does this imply? You might want to think twice about your argument.

In the Torah (i.e., the Five Books of Moses), the four times the word mashiach is found (Lev. 4:3, 5, 16; 6:15), it refers to the anointed high priest (hakohen hamashiach), not the Messiah. In fact, with few possible exceptions, the term mashiach is almost never used with reference to the Messiah in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Also, there is no concept of the Messiah as the son of David in the Torah, since David was not born until many years later. So, we are not looking primarily for direct references to “the Messiah” (and certainly not to the “son of David”) as such in the Torah.1 Rather, we are looking for foreshadowings, general predictions, and “pre-illustrations” of the Messiah in the Torah. Here are just a few.

Brown, M. L. (2003). Answering Jewish objections to Jesus, Volume 3: Messianic prophecy objections (3). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books.
those vested in judaism rejected His prophets
could not hear Him
and then in that cursed state
wrote down their version.

oh. well i view judaism as a false religion... and that the souls did not listen to the prophets
because their priests were following Judaism, as their traditions... esaus then and esaus now

oh. well i view judaism as a false religion... and that the souls did not listen to the prophets
because their priests were following Judaism, as their traditions... esaus then and esaus now
maybe not a false religion, but a dead one, or useless one.

the great commission is still at hand. Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

101G.

Let's help our Jewish sisters and brothers to see the "LIGHT" of God in Christ Jesus. for we all once was in darkness, ... repetance is for all.

101G

on topic, Jesus as a matter of fact is the God of the OT, now in glorified flesh. to understand this concept, one need to understand the "ECHAD". scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." if one examines this verse closely, it is speaking of only one person who is God. for the term "WITH" indicate the same one person. can we prove this fact.... by scripture? yes, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." the term "ALSO" means "in addition; too", so it's the same one person. God is a plurality of himself in the "ECHAD". and this plurality consist of God as the Ordinal First/LORD/Father and Ordinal Last/Lord/Son.

101G.

yes, I know. Judaism is under old covenant and not in practice anymore. there is a new priesthood, and change in the Law.

101G
judaism as a religion rejected His covenant, which was to come to Him and return to the promised land (paradise)
Instead, they chose to continue with their traditions and cursed themselves...

Obviously many souls loved God and cooperated Him and met Christ in the OT and are Christians.

Back
Top Bottom