Here I summarize seven atonement theories.

I'm going to be keeping a close watch on this thread and if it continues the way it's going It'll be locked. Also it would be a good idea not to complain about any moderation Or mention any interaction you may have with staff, use the report feature. If any of this is unclear let me know. Thank you for your cooperation.

What did the Christ do to save us?” The answer to that question Is answered at The Cross and Christ’s atoning work. The Apostle Paul shows us clearly:

“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received.” In other words, he wanted his readers to remember the most important things about Christianity. Paul then tells us what is this doctrine “of first importance”: “that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures” 1 Cor. 15:3

He went on to add Jesus’ burial, resurrection, and post-resurrection proofs as essential truths “of first importance” for Christians. Bottom line is the biblical doctrine of the atonement lies at the center of all saving truth and holds together all essential Christian doctrines.

15,201 views Apr 7, 2021
Here I summarize seven atonement theories. This is adapted from an article I wrote several years ago, which you can read here: https://www.sdmorrison.org/7-theories...

Enjoy my work? Buy me a coffee No soliciting please as per the rules

Further reading on the atonement: Also please limit the number of links per post as per the rules

st. augustine was wrong about everything.

the way of christ is that we die to this world , not that we improve its philistine society.

Back
Top Bottom