Harpadzo, better make sure you're ready

SteveB

A study on the rapture of the body of Christ.
Here's a recently published book on the harpadzo.

The Great Disappearance: 31 Ways to be Rapture Ready https://a.co/d/18ZW8bp

And a study guide to go along with it.

The Great Disappearance Bible Study Guide: How to Be Rapture Ready https://a.co/d/7sbkop1

The author's website.

Statement of Faith

The church faith is expressed in that form of doctrine generally held by those known as Baptists, the distinguishing features of which are stated below.
As Baptists, we stand for the supreme authority of the Word of God as the only rule of faith and practice, as opposed to all human traditions.
We stand for the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as Christ enjoined them upon His followers; the same in number, in act, in order and in symbolic meaning, unchanged and unchangeable ‘til He comes again.
As a New Testament Church, we affirm our belief in the individual priesthood of the believer, in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures; in the Virgin Birth and essential Deity of our Lord; in His atoning death and bodily resurrection; in His ascension into Heaven and promised endowment of the Holy Spirit; in His personal, visible premillennial return and ultimate and undisputed Kingdom and reign.
We stand for a regenerated and spiritual church, holding that only those who have confessed a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord shall be received into this church or welcomed to its ordinances.
In church policy we believe:
That a Christian Church is a local congregation, under Christ complete in itself, sovereign and independent.
That Christ committed to each church the sole guardianship and control of the ordinances; i.e., preaching the Gospel, baptizing and administering the Lord’s Supper.
That all church rights and privileges are limited to the discipline of each local church.
That no semblance of ecclesiastical authority can be exercised except by a local church. The local church alone can elect, commission, and depose its officers, receive discipline and exclude its members.

op: harpadzo, better make sure your ready?

Amen, I'll never forget Brother David slipped and said: "Grace Departure" instead
of "Great Departure," hence I borrowed from him to produce my own study title:

Wow, "harpadzo 31 ways" to be ready? I have my 'top 3':

1) love my neighbor

2) study God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided

3) obey all the "Grace commandments" found in Romans Through Philemon
("Revelation Of The Mystery")​

Amen.

op: harpadzo, better make sure your ready?

Amen, I'll never forget Brother David slipped and said: "Grace Departure" instead
of "Great Departure,"
Grace Departure....
I think that's a great way to state it. Especially when we've been saved by grace (Eph. 2:8-9), and Grace teaches us to be excited about the great and glorious appearance of Jesus (Titus 2:13).
Thank you for telling me about the "slip of the tongue" he gave....

hence I borrowed from him to produce my own study title:

Wow, "harpadzo 31 ways" to be ready? I have my 'top 3':

1) love my neighbor

2) study God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided

3) obey all the "Grace commandments" found in Romans Through Philemon
("Revelation Of The Mystery")​

Amen.
while I'd heard about the book when it came out, I was reminded by a brother (he said he was really enjoying it) this morning at our men's study. We talked briefly about it, and I decided to buy a copy. While looking at it on Amazon, I saw the study guide and decided to get it too.

The Great Disappearance:
John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

and where will he, our Lord Be? Luke 11:2 "And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth."

Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

and a city is not a city until it is inhabited. just as a House is not a HOME until it has residence.

his Kingdome is established here on the NEW EARTH, with his bride ...... the church.

101G.

Grace Departure....
I think that's a great way to state it. Especially when we've been saved by grace (Eph. 2:8-9), and Grace teaches us to be excited about the great and glorious appearance of Jesus (Titus 2:13).
Thank you for telling me about the "slip of the tongue" he gave....

while I'd heard about the book when it came out, I was reminded by a brother (he said he was really enjoying it) this morning at our men's study. We talked briefly about it, and I decided to buy a copy. While looking at it on Amazon, I saw the study guide and decided to get it too.
The catching up of the living at the second advent of Christ

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17 (KJV 1900) — 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

No pre-trib rapture seven years before the second coming

The catching up of the living at the second advent of Christ

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17 (KJV 1900) — 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

No pre-trib rapture seven years before the second coming
Ok Tom.
You go ahead and tell him you don't want to go when he comes.

I'm continuing to pray always to be accounted worthy to escape what's coming on the earth and to stand before the Son of Man.

John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

and where will he, our Lord Be? Luke 11:2 "And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth."

Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

and a city is not a city until it is inhabited. just as a House is not a HOME until it has residence.

his Kingdome is established here on the NEW EARTH, with his bride ...... the church.

101G.
🤔
Uh....
O.....
K....
Did you have a point you wanted to make?
Because I'm not seeing anything that correlates to what I stated.
🤷🏽

🤔
Uh....
O.....
K....
Did you have a point you wanted to make?
Because I'm not seeing anything that correlates to what I stated.
🤷🏽
no point, only one question. "if the Lord Jesus is returning to set up his Kingdom here on earth, my question, where and why is the church is going to be somewhere else, when he clearly said where I am there you will be also". because the Head and the Body will be ONE in Marriage.

101G.

Ok Tom.
SteveB., again, go where? listen, 1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

for...... Isaiah 65:17 "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

101G.

no point, only one question. "if the Lord Jesus is returning to set up his Kingdom here on earth, my question, where and why is the church is going to be somewhere else, when he clearly said where I am there you will be also". because the Head and the Body will be ONE in Marriage.

101G.
You don't actually understand the harpadzo, do you?

SteveB., again, go where? listen, 1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

for...... Isaiah 65:17 "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

101G.
And?
The problem you're having here is how few passages you use to justify your ideas.

Ok Tom.

I'm continuing to pray always to be accounted worthy to escape what's coming on the earth and to stand before the Son of Man.
There is no secret escape by being caught up in the air before a great tribulation seven years before the second coming

The living will be caught up at the second coming when all will be judged

There is no secret escape by being caught up in the air before a great tribulation seven years before the second coming

GINOLJC, to all.
correct, there is no rapture, but, not a second coming, but a third. his second coming was in Spirit, on the day of Pentecost. the Lord Jesus first, and third coming is in a MANIFESTATION.

101G.

personally I don't care when it takes place even though my personal belief/hope is pre trib. The thing all believers need to know and look forward to is His 2nd Coming- His appearing. When we know/believe His Coming is immanent it has an effect on how we live here. Jesus taught this many times in His parables about being ready for He will come at a time that is unexpected.

personally I don't care when it takes place even though my personal belief/hope is pre trib. The thing all believers need to know and look forward to is His 2nd Coming- His appearing. When we know/believe His Coming is immanent it has an effect on how we live here. Jesus taught this many times in His parables about being ready for He will come at a time that is unexpected.
Well because the only place the word Harpazo appears in what could be a rapture interpretation is at 1Th 4

1 Thessalonians 4:13–18 (KJV 1900) — 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

It is at the second coming accompanied by the resurrection of the dead

pre trib? Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:" Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." Matthew 24:31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

the scriptures clearly states AFTER the Tribulation.

101G.

GINOLJC, to all.
correct, there is no rapture, but, not a second coming, but a third. his second coming was in Spirit, on the day of Pentecost. the Lord Jesus first, and third coming is in a MANIFESTATION.

101G.
It's physical comings being mentioned

It's physical comings being mentioned
the coming is first in Natural flesh. the third coming is in GLORIFIED FLESH. scripture, Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." he appeared the first time, Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him." THIS WAS HIS "FIRST" COMING", as Hebrew states, "APPEAR THE SECOND TIME". now his second coming...... was not see, or (IN APPERANCE). scripture, Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." either there are some very, very, very, old people walking around, or he came... "RETURN".... before some tasted death. THIS IS HIS FIRST "RETURN", SECOND "COMING", IN SPIRIT. and as
1 Thessalonians 4:17 states, this will be his SECOND COMING, (BUT HERE, SEEN" all eyes will see him. scripture, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." on Pentecost EVERY EYE, no eye saw him, but only his MANIFESTATION in the Spiritual Gifts.

see the difference now?

101G.

not my ideas, scripture interpret scripture.

101G
Actually, I'd say that you're copying someone else's ideas, from equally limited scriptures.

But yes, pre-trib harpadzo is based entirely on scripture interpreting scripture.

As I said however, you're more than welcome to spend the tribulation on earth.

The body of Christ who are faithful, and were present before the harpadzo, won't be here.

Back
Top Bottom