God's Love And Presence

Is God Dealing With You?

You must submit to and endure [correction] for discipline; God is dealing with you as with sons. For what son is there whom his father does not [thus] train and correct and discipline?
— HEBREWS 12:7

The Bible teaches us about God’s chastisement. (Hebrews 12:8 KJV.) The word chastisement means correction.1 Like any good father, God corrects His children because He loves them.

Many people get discouraged when God deals with them. As soon as He shows them their faults, they become anxious, worried, and upset.
We should rejoice when God shows us our faults and cheerfully submit to His correction. We should get in agreement with Him.

The Holy Spirit brings conviction; the devil wants to take the conviction and turn it into condemnation (guilt). God doesn’t want us to feel condemned when He shows us our faults. He wants us to agree with Him. He wants us to face truth because it is truth that will set us free. (John 8:32.) When we face truth, God is right there, ready to give us mercy.

When God corrects you, don’t come under condemnation. Correction is a fact of life. It is a continuous process that goes on all the time in the life of the believer.
Allow God to have His way in your life. Be glad when He corrects you. The correction is making you better.

Do This:
Rejoice when God corrects you and cheerfully submit to Him. Be quick to get in agreement with Him and quick to change.

Joyce Meyer, Life in the Word: Devotional

Are You Able To Drink the Cup That Jesus Drank?

…Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink.…
— MATTHEW 20:22

This was Jesus’ response to the request of His disciples James and John to sit on His right and left hand.
Many people want God to bless them with a high position, but they are not ready to stop living a self-centered life. God considers selfishness to be a low level of living.

We can choose to spend our lives trying to get what we want when we want it, but it is a lower life. There is a higher life. If we will not give up the lower life, we will never have the higher life. But if we are willing to give up the lower (natural) life, then God will give us the higher (spiritual) life.
Jesus is now seated at the right hand of the Father. He had to lay down the lower life first before He got the higher life.

In order to be promoted as Jesus was, we must crucify the flesh. We must forget about ourselves — stop thinking about ourselves, talking about ourselves, and trying to get our own way. We must first make an investment, then God will give us a mighty return.
If you want the higher life, be willing to drink the cup that Jesus drank — the cup of unselfishness.

Pray This:
“Father, in the name of Jesus, I break the bondage of selfishness off my life. Thank You that I am free.”

Anointed To Be Quiet

He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.
— PROVERBS 13:3

Are you anointed to be quiet?
The apostle Paul writes of the dangers of empty, silly, useless talk. (Ephesians 5:4; 1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Timothy 2:16.) The writer of Proverbs warns that a man who rashly speaks out everything that passes through his mind will end up in disaster.

There was a time in my life when I just could not keep quiet. I have always been a talker, and that is not all bad if a person can learn wisdom concerning timing. I have learned how to be quiet to go along with my God-given ability to speak and communicate.
Balance is the key to staying out of trouble.

Perhaps you are a talker, and you have not yet allowed God to anoint you to be quiet. Let me remind you that James says no man can tame the tongue. (James 3:8.) You will definitely need God’s help. Ask the Lord to quicken you each time you are talking too much or too loudly, or when it is simply not necessary.

Remember to think before you speak. James says to be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. (James 1:19.)
I ask again, are you anointed to be quiet? If not, ask God to help you.

Pray This:
“Father, quicken me when I am talking too much or too loudly and teach me when to be quiet. In Jesus’ name, amen.”

Last edited:
Finding and Fulfilling Your Destiny

For a wide door of opportunity for effectual [service] has opened to me [there, a great and promising one], and [there are] many adversaries.
— 1 CORINTHIANS 16:9

God promotes us into the fullness of His will in degrees or stages. Satan opposes each new phase of our progress. If we do not understand this fact we will become confused and think we have made a mistake.
Satan seeks to wear us out. He wants to bring such opposition against us that we become so weary and discouraged we give up. With opportunity comes opposition.

We must beware of compromise. Satan doesn’t want us in the will of God, fulfilling our destiny. If he cannot keep us completely out of God’s will, his next tactic is to tempt us to do a little less than what God has said.

Satan tempts us to compromise. But he fails to tell us that in the end we will feel empty, regretful, lonely, discouraged, and unfulfilled.
Procrastination is another deceptive tool of the devil. Good intentions do not bring us into the blessings of God — only obedience does. Our willful choice to obey God promptly is the lifeline between heart’s desire and finished product.

Press on! Don’t look back! Satan may think he is destroying you, but often he is giving you valuable experience that will keep you out of trouble.

Say This:
“No more deals. No more compromise and procrastination. Henceforth, I am walking in the will of God.”

Integrity

The integrity of the upright shall guide them, but the willful contrariness and crookedness of the treacherous shall destroy them.
— PROVERBS 11:3

Our society has gradually declined over the past years to the place that it no longer honors God. We live in a world that is not concerned about integrity. Often, the world is more concerned about quantity than quality. People carelessly speak half-truths and exaggerations, making deceptive comments that lead many to believe something that is not true.

As believers, we are in the world but not of the world. (John 17:11,14.) Let’s not act like the world.
Let’s do an integrity check. What does the word integrity mean? It is a “firm adherence to a code or standard of values.”1 Our standard should be much higher than the world’s. There are certain things we wouldn’t even think of doing, but there are too many compromises, even in the lives of God’s people. There are things we do that Jesus would not do, and He is our standard of integrity.

If we want to enjoy prosperity, we must walk in integrity. Integrity is being committed to a life of excellence, as our God is excellent.
Integrity is keeping our word. Commitment is giving our all and finishing what we start.
Keep your word, even if it costs you. Be committed to integrity.

Do This:
Count the cost before saying you will do something. Think it over; will you see it through to the finish? Be a person of integrity.

Confidence

Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves…, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.
— 2 CORINTHIANS 3:5

No matter how qualified and able we may be, without confidence we won’t accomplish much.

What is confidence? Webster says it is “trust or faith.”1Confidence also means “a feeling of assurance, especially of self-assurance,” “security,” “self-confidence.”1Self-confidence is the belief, “I’m acceptable and able.”

Jesus said, …apart from Me…you can do nothing (John 15:5). That does not mean we are able to do nothing at all; it means we are not able to do anything worthwhile.

We need to come to a state of utter bankruptcy in our own ability apart from Christ. It does not matter what we can or cannot do. Without God, we are helpless; with Him nothing is impossible to us. (Matthew 19:26.)

There are two main reasons that we are not used by God for greater things: (1) we think we are something in ourselves, or (2) we don’t know who we are in Christ.

We try to accomplish things in the flesh, not realizing that without God we are powerless. But if God is with us, our natural deficiencies don’t matter. We are …self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency (Philippians 4:13).
Whatever you need to do, you can do it because of Christ in you.

Do This:
Remember the Lord sees your heart. Be confident in His love for you. Know that you are accepted and you are able through Christ.

Confidence in Prayer

And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will…, He listens to and hears us.
— 1 JOHN 5:14

We are to walk in confidence in every area. Prayer is one of the ways we can show that our confidence is in God. If we pray about things instead of worrying and trying to work them out ourselves, we say by our actions, “Lord, I trust You in this situation.”

I believe many of us pray and then wonder if God heard. We wonder if we prayed properly or long enough. We wonder if we used the right phrases, enough Scripture, etc. We cannot pray properly with doubt and unbelief. We must pray with faith.

God has been encouraging me to realize that simple faith-filled prayer gets the job done. I don’t have to repeat things over and over. He hears me the first time. I don’t need to get fancy in my wording. I can just be me and know that He hears me and understands.

We should simply present our request and believe that God has heard us and will answer at the right time.

Have confidence in your prayers. Believe God hears even simple, childlike prayer coming from a sincere heart.

Pray This:
“Father, I thank You that You hear me when I pray. I believe I have the petitions I request of You. In Jesus’ name, amen.”

Put No Confidence in the Flesh

…and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances.
— PHILIPPIANS 3:3

As the children of God, we have the privilege of trusting God for everything — not just some things — but everything! When we trust, we are joyful, peaceful, and free of pressure. On the other hand, when our confidence is in ourselves, we struggle and usually fail.
We need to set a goal for ourselves: to put no confidence in the flesh.

It requires determined effort not to trust in ourselves. It seems the “natural” flow of the flesh to trust in itself. Galatians teaches us that the flesh is opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit is opposed to the flesh. (Galatians 5:17.) If we sow to the flesh, we will reap destruction. (Galatians 6:8.)
Our confidence (trust) belongs to us, and we must choose where and in whom to place it. We know that Jesus is the Rock — everything else is like sinking sand. That means we are wise when we place our trust in Him — the only true source of stability.

Seek to grow to the place where you can honestly say, “In Christ alone I place my trust.” Then and only then comes the joy, the peace, the victory — and He gets all the glory.

Pray This:
“Father, I place my trust and confidence in You. I surrender my will to You and receive Your joy and peace. In Jesus’ name, amen.”

Growing Up Without Giving Up

Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
— EPHESIANS 4:15

Growing up spiritually is not always easy. It might be said that we believers have to endure many “growing pains.” Due to the challenging times, often we are tempted to give up. We all need to realize the progress we have made.

Perhaps you have been struggling with yourself. You know that you need to change. You desire to be like Jesus. And yet you feel that you are making no progress. The first thing you must realize is that you are making progress. Little by little, you are changing.

Take some time and think about where you were when you first accepted Christ into your heart. Listen to the Holy Spirit instead of listening to the devil! The way to listen to the Holy Spirit is by following your heart — not your head or your feelings. Learn to live beyond your feelings.
Don’t compare yourself with other people. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Be patient with yourself. Keep pressing on and believe that you are changing every day.

Don’t give up! You are growing up!

Say This:
“Christ is my life. I grow up into Him Who is the Head. Through Him I have joy unspeakable and full of glory!” (1 Peter 1:8 KJV.)

Get Started and Never Quit

I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
— PHILIPPIANS 3:14

Has God told you to do something and you intend to obey Him at some time, but you just have not gotten around to it yet? Good intentions are not obedience. You have not obeyed until you have taken the action that God instructed you to take.

I encourage you to get started moving in the right direction. Begin to pray about your vision. If you do not have one, pray for one, and in the meantime, become associated with somebody who does have one. Get around a visionary and you may become one.

Get started moving in a positive direction. Speak positive things about yourself and your life; believe that God can use you.

Get excited! It feels better than being bored. If God has given you a vision, you must be committed to bringing that vision to pass under the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Establish short-term and longterm goals, then move toward those goals daily in prayer and in action.

Visions do not come to pass overnight, so you must be patient and just keep moving even if you do not see any visual evidence of success for a long time.

Get started and never quit!

Do This:
Start moving in a positive direction. Take steps of obedience. Don’t just have good intentions. Be a doer of the Word.

Holy Determination

I have fought the good (worthy, honorable, and noble) fight, I have finished the race, I have kept (firmly held) the faith.
— 2 TIMOTHY 4:7

I believe that the Spirit of God fills us with holy determination. It is something that God has in Him and imparts to us through His Spirit. We are not to be quitters or the type of people who are easily defeated.

We must be determined to overcome the past; to go forward and not be stagnant.

We must not be afraid of difficulty. Things worth having never come easy. The definition of determination is: “The act of making or arriving at a decision.… The quality of being resolute or firm in purpose.”1 We must be decisive and stick to our decisions.

If you find yourself being double-minded about something, I encourage you to ask yourself what you believe God placed in your heart in the beginning; then stick with that. Don’t head in another direction now due to weariness.

I believe you have what it takes to live in victory. If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, His determination lives in you because He lives in you.

Fight the good fight of faith. Run the race to win. Be determined to take the prize. Don’t give up and don’t give in.
You can make it!

Do This:
Depend on God’s strength — not your own. Say aloud several times every day, “I will never give up! I will finish the race!”

The Power of Patience

For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.
— HEBREWS 10:36

The Word of God promises that the patient man will be perfect and entire, lacking nothing. (James 1:4 KJV.) A patient man is a powerful man. He can remain calm in the storm. He has control over his mouth. His thoughts remain loving in times when people’s behavior becomes challenging.
Without patience we cannot endure to see the fulfillment of our faith. Everything does not come to us immediately upon believing. There is a waiting period involved in receiving from God. It is during that period that our faith is tested and purified. Only if we endure and wait patiently will we experience the joy of seeing what we have believed for.

Patience is not only the ability to wait, but also the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. Waiting is a part of life that cannot be avoided. We will spend a great deal of our lives waiting; if we don’t learn to do it well (patiently), we will be quite miserable. God is so patient with us. And we are to imitate Him.

Be encouraged to actively pursue patience — it will lead you into God’s power.

Say This:
“Lord, help me to exercise every kind of endurance and patience, perseverance, and forbearance with joy (Colossians 1:11). In Jesus’ name, amen.”

You Can Triumph in the Midst of Your Trials!

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace…, Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.
— 1 PETER 5:10

In John 16:33 Jesus tells us that in the world we will have tribulation. Trials and tribulations seem to be a part of life. We should learn how to triumph in the midst of them.

Trials can make us bitter or better. The devil hopes to steal our faith and leave us bitter and angry at God. God intends to strengthen our faith, purify it so it comes forth like gold, develop patience in us, and give us experience that will help others. (1 Peter 1:5-7.)
We are taught to endure patiently. (1 Peter 2:20.) To endure is to outlast the problem. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22.) It is not just waiting, it is how we act while we are waiting.

To triumph in trials we must learn stability — remain the same, continue in our commitments, and walk in love. Going through hard times and continuing to be good and kind to others is a sure way to triumph in trials.
If you are in a time of trials, they don’t have to defeat you — let them make you stronger.

Say This:
“I will triumph in the midst of my trials by remaining stable. I will continue to walk in love and the fruit of the Spirit.”

Going All the Way Through With God

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched.…
— ISAIAH 43:2

God wants us to be diligent and go all the way through with Him, not just go until the way becomes difficult, and then stop there. One of our greatest challenges is to face our mountains rather than trying to go around them.

Sometimes we go around and around the same mountain, and we end up like the Israelites in the wilderness who wandered around for forty years. (Deuteronomy 2:1-3.) We must learn to face our mountains, determined to go all the way through with God. That is the only path to victory.

I encourage you to go all the way through with God no matter how difficult it may seem. Let God have His way in your life. Pray for God’s will and not your own will. God’s way is for you to set your face like flint, dig in both heels, and go all the way through.
By the way, the attitude that you have while you are going through is most important. The Word says that it is to be a joyful attitude, otherwise you may have to make the trip again. (James 1:2-4.)

Pray This:
“Father, thank You for infusing me with inner strength so that I am ready for and equal to anything. (Philippians 4:13.) In Jesus’ name, amen.”

Spiritual Warfare

For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against… the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (super-natural) sphere.
— EPHESIANS 6:12

The attacks of Satan against the Church are of a different nature than those in the past days — different in that they are more intense than ever before. The enemy will not continuously use the same tactics over and over, because once his method of attack is discovered, it is no longer effective.

More people than ever are experiencing tremendous attacks against their minds. Many of God’s people are being attacked with sickness. Some of them are experiencing great financial trauma. People are enduring great attacks of fear.

How can you fight the devil who is the source of these attacks?

1. Praise is one way. Praise is a garment that will protect you from defeat. Put on the garment of praise.
2. Abiding in Christ and fellowshipping with Him is one of the best ways of engaging in spiritual warfare. Hide yourself in God, and His presence will protect you.
3. The Word of God is a two-edged sword. Your mind is the battlefield. When Satan says something to you, speak the Word back.
4. Walking in love is another form of spiritual warfare. Love gives: it is impossible to defeat Satan while leading a selfish lifestyle.
Use your spiritual weapons!

Do This:
Praise the Lord. Speak the Word of God. Abide in Christ. Walk in love. Use these weapons and begin to fight in a new way.

Battlefield of the Mind

…we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
— 2 CORINTHIANS 10:5

According to 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, the mind is the battlefield. We are in a war, but it is a spiritual war that must be fought spiritually with spiritual weapons.

Using our spiritual weapons, we refute the enemy’s lies, arguments, theories, reasonings, and every other thing that tries to exalt itself against the truth of God’s Word.

We must take our thoughts captive and not indulge in the fleshly luxury of receiving and meditating on every thought that falls into our heads. We must exercise ourselves to “think about what we are thinking about.” This takes some discipline and practice.

The primary weapon with which we do battle is the Word of God used in various ways — preached, taught, sung, confessed, meditated upon, written, and read. The Word of God has a cleansing effect on our minds and lives any way we use it.

I once had a negative, wandering, wondering mind. Now, after years of applying the Word of God and a lot of help from the Holy Spirit, I can say with confidence, “I have the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 2:16.)

You can win the battle in your mind — every stronghold can be torn down and every deception uncovered. Don’t settle for anything less than complete freedom!

Say This:
“Thank You, Lord, for Your Word that renews my mind and sets me free. I have the mind of Christ! In Jesus’ name, amen.”

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

…Be not afraid or dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
— 2 CHRONICLES 20:15

Are you struggling with issues in your life, and frustrated because you never get a breakthrough no matter what you do? You will never win if you are fighting your own battles.

God never loses a battle. He has a definite battle plan — and when we follow it, we always win.

Perhaps you are in a circumstance right now and you need to hear God say, “The battle is not yours, but Mine!”

Worship is a battle position! As we worship God for Who He is and for His attributes, those attributes are released in our lives.

Worship God for His ability and might, and you will see them released on your behalf.

Try bowing down a few times a day and giving thanks. Just be sure your heart is in what you are doing. Working formulas or entering into “dead works” never produces anything of value.

I am sure your heart frequently fills up with love and worship for God. If you are not already doing so, take an extra step and add some outward action to your heart attitude.

Follow God’s battle plan. It is enjoyable, unique, and effective. Praise and worship confuse the enemy. Take your position, and you will see the enemy’s defeat.

Do This:
Bow before God and thank Him for His goodness and mercy. Worship Him for Who He is, not just for what you need from Him.

You Can Be the Victor Instead of the Victim

Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
— ROMANS 8:37

Are you hurting — physically, emotionally, or mentally? Did you know that you can increase or decrease the intensity of your pain by the way you handle it?

I know from experience and the Word of God that it is possible to be the victor instead of the victim.

The key thing to see is that the victory is “through Christ.” If you and I can learn how to lean on God and receive from Him whatever we need, we truly can do all things through Christ Who strengthens us. (Philippians 4:13.)

God is more than enough for any situation. He has promised to enable us and to be our helper. As we come into close fellowship with Him — spending time with Him and talking with Him in a simple, familiar way — we begin to draw strength from Him.

The number one thing I learned was that I had to lean on the Lord to strengthen me. The second thing I learned was not to talk about the problem or even to think about it unless absolutely necessary.

Whatever you may be going through right now, keep your eyes and your conversation on the Lord and off your situation.
Remember — this too shall pass.

Do This:
Submit yourself to God in all things. Spend quality time with Him. Wait in His presence, and you will find He is more than enough.

Behold, I Give You Power

Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.
— LUKE 10:19

Far too many believers are fainthearted, weak in determination, and diseased with an “I can’t” attitude — they are lacking in power.
You and I don’t have to beg God to give us power. We just need to realize and accept that we have been given power and then walk in what is already ours. We must develop and maintain a “power consciousness” — an aggressive, power-packed attitude.

God has given us spiritual power for spiritual warfare. Spiritual power is released when our faith is firm. When we walk in faith we can approach every situation with an attitude of enemy-conquering faith.

An attitude of confidence will exude from us when we know who we are in Christ and believe in the power that the Bible says is ours through faith.

Do you desire to be a powerful believer? Try approaching every situation in your life (no matter how large or small) with a simple, childlike faith — believing that God is good, that He has a good plan for your life, and that He is working in your situation.
You have power. Walk in it!

Say This:
“The Greater One lives in me. I am full of God’s miracle-working power. I am going to walk in what is mine.”

Back
Top Bottom