Commandments of God

Loving God with all my heart, soul, mind body, means obeying Him in all things. Because there is no scripture suggesting that the 4th Commandment has been removed, then it is reasonable to assume it hasn't been. I agree concerning the sanctuary system and its associated Sabbaths, sacrifices, services etc. The dietary laws however from my point of view weren't a part of the sanctuary system. They were separate again, and were God's revelation to the world, through His servants Israel, concerning good health and healing. It wasn't just diet. It was also sanitation, and hygiene, all sound scientific practical steps to keep a people healthy, alive, and at the their best physical stature that they may serve God and each other with the greatest strength possible. This honours God, but a human race that is dying of heart disease, blood disorders, weakened immune systems, and a general breakdown of organ function dishonors God. What does the NT say about honouring God?
Colossians 2:20–23 (KJV 1900) — 20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Acts 10:11–16 (KJV 1900) — 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

I think you may misunderstand the purposes of each law.
The Ten Commandments, which inform us are based on love, are God's moral code and a reflection/transcript of His character. In the middle of that law is the 4th Commandment that comprises the name, the title, and the extent of the kingdom of the Lawmaker, which acts as His seal on the law. Throw away the seal, and the remaining 9 could belong to any false wannabe god on the planet.

Except for the fact that 9 of them are repeated in the New Covenant while 1 of them is not.
I think you know by now which 1 of the 10 is not repeated.

The gospel. The gospel is the solution to the sin problem. The removal of God's law or any part of it is nowhere suggested in scripture as being part of the solution to the sun problem.

Hebrews 8:13 teaches otherwise.

Colossians 2:20–23 (KJV 1900) — 20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Acts 10:11–16 (KJV 1900) — 11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Right, okay. So you say "grace" before and after each meal and this changes the composition of the poisons and toxins you are happily consuming every day.

Right, okay. So you say "grace" before and after each meal and this changes the composition of the poisons and toxins you are happily consuming every day

First, let's read this verse in context: Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ John 3:3-7

When Jesus said we must be “born again” He was not referring to any kind of literal or physical rebirth. He used the term “reborn” to affirm our need as individuals to be redeemed and spiritually transformed, refashioned, and remade through God’s saving grace and His eventual death on the cross. To explain this concept to Nicodemus, Jesus connected His mission on earth to an Old Testament story that Nicodemus would have been familiar with.

“As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness,” Jesus said, “even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.” (John 3:14-15)

First, let's read this verse in context: Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ John 3:3-7

When Jesus said we must be “born again” He was not referring to any kind of literal or physical rebirth. He used the term “reborn” to affirm our need as individuals to be redeemed and spiritually transformed, refashioned, and remade through God’s saving grace and His eventual death on the cross. To explain this concept to Nicodemus, Jesus connected His mission on earth to an Old Testament story that Nicodemus would have been familiar with.
The new life that you have received from God when you were saved is like a seed that grows when properly cared for.

Being born again doesn’t mean a physical rebirth; it’s a spiritual one. It refers to a change of heart—from indifference or hostility toward God to a love for Him and a desire to live out His best for us.

The way you think, feel, make decisions, and relate to others will be transformed as you grow in your relationship with Jesus, allowing Him to direct your life.

So what do we need to do to be saved?

First, we must admit our sin—that we can’t live up to God’s perfect standard on our own. Then we must ask forgiveness for that sin and repent, which means to make every effort in turning away from that sin. Finally, we ask Jesus to be part of our lives.

That’s when God’s Spirit penetrates our hearts to guide us and help us be more like Him. That’s when we’re born again.

It goes hand in hand with regeneration and sanctification.

Back
Top Bottom