Carnal Christians

Behold

-
Carna "christian"l people, worry too much about outward appearance.
Carnal Christians worry about "what do people think about me", or "am i only presenting what i want people to think about me, correctly".

""Do i have the biggest bible.
Do i wear enough Jesus pins.
I have to be the first to arrive to Church on Sunday Morning, so that i can sit down front so that people know im holy.
Did eveyone see how much i put in the offering plate ....
I want to be a deacon or deaconess so that everyone KNOWS it.
Did everyone in the church notice that i always wear BLUE.
Did everyone in the church notice that i was picked to teach a sunday school class, 4x this month.""""""""""

Did everyone notice ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ????????????????????????????

In other words.

A.) FAKING IT

Jesus teaches.... that pretending to be holy, is a sinful heart, as this type of person is only focused on the outward doing, which is all self self self...,,.self righteousness .
And that is what the Pharisees were all about, and Jesus was teaching Us, using them as an example, that what is wrong with a person is all about the inner man, so, ,washing your hands or getting water baptized, or trying to repent all the time and confess sin all the time, is all a symptom of "what im doing to try to be CLEAN before God".
Yet the heart is not right, The mind is not renewed.
Its a religious game, a cult mentality.

Whereas Salvation, is God eternally making us Clean and Righteous, based on the Blood and Death and Resurrection of Jesus.

Welcome to : Salvation
Its a "Gift".

So, the carnal try to "be like Christ", as they're ACTING out a role.... Its Fake.

The True Believer, who understands the Cross of Christ and the Blood Atonement, lives in a place of GRACE and Trust, never looking at themselves as why God would accept them, always knowing that God does not accept us based on what WE DO..... but always understanding that God has eternally accepted us based on : The Cross of Christ.

-
Carnal Christians worry about "what do people think about me", or "am i only presenting what i want people to think about me, correctly".

I have to be the first to arrive to Church on Sunday Morning, so that i can sit down front so that people know im holy.
Did everyone in the church notice that i was picked to teach a sunday school class, 4x this month.""""""""""

In other words.

A.) FAKING IT

Jesus teaches.... that pretending to be holy, is a sinful heart, as this type of person is only focused on the outward doing, which is all self self self...,,.self righteousness .
And that is what the Pharisees were all about, and Jesus was teaching Us, using them as an example, that what is wrong with a person is all about the inner man, so, ,washing your hands or getting water baptized, or trying to repent all the time and confess sin all the time, is all a symptom of "what im doing to try to be CLEAN before God".

Whereas Salvation, is God eternally making us Clean and Righteous, based on the Blood and Death and Resurrection of Jesus.

Its a "Gift".

So, the carnal try to "be like Christ", as they're ACTING out a role.... Its Fake.

The True Believer, who understands the Cross of Christ and the Blood Atonement, lives in a place of GRACE and Trust, never looking at themselves as why God would accept them, always knowing that God does not accept us based on what WE DO..... but always understanding that God has eternally accepted us based on : The Cross of Christ.
Question: Is this what graciousness sounds like?

Doug

-

In other words.

A.) FAKING IT

Its a "Gift".

In Matthew 23:26, Jesus said to first clean the inside of the cup and plate that the outside also may be clean, so he was not saying that having a clean outside is unimportant, but was emphasizing the importance of cleaning the inside first so that our outside is not just for show.

God's law is not His instructions for how to establish our own goodness, but for how to testify about His goodness, which is why our good works bring glory to Him (Matthew 5:16), and in the same way, God's law is not His instructions for how to become self-righteous, but for how to testify about His righteousness. Self-righteousness does not involve relying on anyone else, so it is contradictory to think that we can become self-righteous by obediently relying on what God has instructed.

In Titus 2:11-13, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is holy, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so doing those works is part of the content of God's gift of salvation. Moreover, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works is the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20). God is trustworthy, therefore His instructions are also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7), so the way to trust God is by obediently trusting in His instructions and it is contradictory to think that we should trust God for salvation, but shouldn't trust His instructions.

Question: Is this what graciousness sounds like?

Doug

Conversation works best between you and i, if what you post to me is connected to the Thread's topic.

If you like, i can post a Thread on "Graciousness", for you.

However, as that is not THIS THREAD's topic, ... then as much as you can, if possible, try to stay on topic.
Maybe you can't.
Give it a shot.

-

I'd say you need to be careful though about being quick to judge others when they're doing a lot of what could be acceptable things and saying it's for vain glory or that they're being carnal. Not saying people can't have impure motives but you'd do well to seek to stay neutral. People may put a lot in an offering plate with genuine reasons that they love God and they may be the first at church for they feel it give them more opportunity to strengthen people by taking to them....and receiving from others strength as well. Be careful to not gravitate towards the negative in these things. Remember you only have to be wrong about one person in your negative assessment and you're really now in trouble with God. God could say to you or all of us if we do that that YOU DO NOT KNOW MEN'S HEARTS regardless of how much you might think you do.

I'd say you need to be careful though about being quick to judge others when they're doing a lot of what could be acceptable things and saying it's for vain glory or that they're being carnal.

Im always careful.

And let me show you again the context, as i gave context regarding behavior that is : proof.

Notice..

In other words.

A.) FAKING IT

So, @Rockson, dont be that one.

Im always careful.

And let me show you again the context, as i gave context regarding behavior that is : proof.

Notice..

In other words.

A.) FAKING IT

So, @Rockson, dont be that one.
I get what you're saying. IF they are TRULY carnal.....my exhortation still is valid though. Let's just make sure we're not assessing people are.

-

In other words.

A.) FAKING IT

Its a "Gift".

Note, however, that Paul didn't say that they WEREN'T Christians, or that they weren't Born Again. only that they hadn't matured very much in the FAITH yet, and had little understanding of what it was all about.

The Corinthian bunch were pretty carnal, and Paul doesn't say "you guys aren't Christians", he just instructs them in the BETTER WAY!!!

Last edited:
Let's just make sure we're not assessing people are.

If you're not assessing other believers, then you are not understanding some things about "Christianity", yet.

I can take you to forums, that pretend to be "christian" that are actually John Calvin's nutbar theological asylums.... And that's not "judging", thats discerning these Cross Denying fruit-loops... based on their worship of Calvin that they pretend is "Christianity".
See, the thing about a nut bar Calvinist... a really mind bent one, is that they'll happily tell you..."Well of COURSE Calvinism is CHRISTIANITY"... and that is why i define myself (not as a Christian) but as a CALVINIST.

Uh huh.. and the Buddha is a Martian.
And Joe Biden, loves the USA, and was recently quoting the palms, ..."lets turn to palms 39"... "palms"....
So, there is your typical Roman Catholic, reading from the "palms"..

So, yes, you have to discern, all the time, .. all the time, everywhere.

"Be VIGILANT" as your enemy the Devil, comes to you as people, ........ most of the time"

In fact, if the Devil has you targeted, He'll send someone into your life.

What i do, is discern.
always.

And when on forums, i hear a person's theology, and i can tell in seconds if they understand The Cross of Christ, or if they are trying to "stay saved".

Note, however, that Paul didn't say that they WEREN'T Christians, or that they weren't Born Again. only that they hadn't matured very much in the FAITH yet, and had little understanding of what it was all about.

Can you be a "Christian" and believe that "water baptism, washed away your sin"?
Can you be a "Christian" and teach "T.U.L.I.P" because you believe that Calvin is "Christianity"?
Can you be a "Christian", and be "fallen from Grace"
Can you be a "Christian" and be "Bewitched", and "no longer believe the Truth"?
Can you be a "Christian", and never speak in tongues" ?
Can you be a "Christian", and become so deceived that you lose your faith in Christ, and try for the next 50 yrs to try to perform for God, hoping that in the end, He'll hopefully let you into Heaven once you die"?
Can you be a "Christian" and "love this present world and go back into it"?

A.) Of course.

But you can't be a Christian, if you've never been born again..

Can you be a "Christian" and believe that "water baptism, washed away your sin"?
Yes - it's only "theology".
Can you be a "Christian" and teach "T.U.L.I.P" because you believe that Calvin is "Christianity"?
Can you be a "Christian", and be "fallen from Grace"
Why would the Bible warn against it if it wasn't possible??
Can you be a "Christian" and be "Bewitched", and "no longer believe the Truth"?
Belief is "Mental assent". Salvation is by FAITH, and THAT comes from God. Christians don't necessarily hold accurate "theology".
Can you be a "Christian", and never speak in tongues" ?
Can you be a "Christian", and become so deceived that you lose your faith in Christ, and try for the next 50 yrs to try to perform for God, hoping that in the end, He'll hopefully let you into Heaven once you die"?
Been there done that. It's called "Neglecting the FAITH", which depends on a dynamic relationship with God.
Can you be a "Christian" and "love this present world and go back into it"?
Some Christians never Leave it. Denominations teach ALL SORTS OF RELIGIOUS STUPIDITY
But you can't be a Christian, if you've never been born again..
And nothing indicates that they Weren't "Born Again" (except possibly your "religious paradigm").

If you're not assessing other believers, then you are not understanding some things about "Christianity", yet.
And don't think I don't know that but there's a big difference between people off on theological matters and many things that have to do with issues of the heart....like why someone put in a large amount into an offering, or why someone was the first to be at church.....for those are the things you mentioned in your post. Those are things of the heart. God knows people's hearts. We many times don't though we think we might.

And nothing indicates that they Weren't "Born Again" (except possibly your "religious paradigm").

If you read more carefully, you would not have to feel the need to post a rebuttal regarding what isn't stated.
See, after i posted my list, i posted that all of these in the list are Christians........tho not without exception.
But Generally, Believers are involved in a lack of understanding, regarding the Cross.

And as ive stated before, if you want to find out whose "Christianity".. is broken, just ask them..

"Can you lose your salvation".. ?

If they PROUDLY say """""YES", and let me now harp on my OSAS string for a while.., or similar..""""

= Then you've found what is potentially a born again believer, who has ZERO understanding of the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

For example, right now, im in a discussion with some cult member, fake believer, on another forum, who just told me that i dont teach the Believer's role in SALVATiON.
So, this person has confused, discipleship, vs... SALVATION.
They dont understand that God offers the GIFT of Salvation, and you have no ROLE in that..
And i can explain this until the Day becomes night to this person, and they will never understand it, because, they dont have a CLUE as to why Jesus died on the Cross.
And this type of person... You find them as MODs on Forums, as well as a good majority of the MEMBERSHIP.

Also, the "Gifts of the Spirit" are more then just Theology.. See, God is real, The Gifts are real, but its the application understanding, that is missing regarding people who would say that "well i speak in tongues", and they believe this is the "Gift of Tongues".
ITs not...
And that never ending confusion, is what you find in most "Charismatic and Pentecostal" denominations. and on most FORUMS.
I have a reallly good teaching on this, and maybe ive posted it here, previously.......If not, i might get it up and running, at some point.
See, I would never deny that someone has a "prayer language", that is for their "Edifying", .......but that is not the "GIFT of Tongues" that Peter was using in Acts 2, that is listed as the #9 GIFT on Paul's List of Spiritual Gifts.

. We many times don't though we think we might.

You have to speak for yourself on that one... @Rockson

See, im in this Translated from Darkness to Light world for many years, and i know how it works.
AND I know how to discern the fakes, the flakes, the nuts, the crazies, the "mama called and papa chosen Pastors", and even more... do i know how to discern.

Here is what you can know..,. @Rockson.. .You can travel this world of "Christian Forums" and you'll discover that there is no one else like me, on them.
See, i bring PAUL's Doctrine to the hearer, and after im on a forum for a while, other people start talking about "Paul" and what i talk about.
And they didnt before i showed up.. and thats a fact. So, i KNOW what im doing.....and you can believe that..

You can read my Threads, and you'll note...>"noone writes like this...noone talke to me like this... noone has this grasp, noone SOUNDS like HIM".
Thats a fact. And its a fact, because im not a Fake. Im not FALSE. IM not a Hebrews 6:1 diaper baby christian... and im not some deceived by the Devil = "minister of false righteousness".

For example, i dont EVER use commentaries. Why ? Because i dont need them.. So, what you read me posting, comes from ME.. it comes from my years of BIBLE STUDY, BIBLE READING, and that is specifically related to PAUL's Doctrine.
People that are of the "Right mind", .. the first time they encounter me they have a explosion inside them...They have this ="""OK THIS IS THE REAL DEAL""""" = ..moment in their enlightened EYES.

Listen, the KEY TO UNDERSTANDING the NT, is PAUL... and im the person on all the forums, trying to get the real students who are on them.. the 3 or 4, to learn that KEY.
See, Im not trying to figure it out. Ive "worked out my Salvation", Im called to Minister. . Im not looking for attention..
Im seminary trained, ive been an officer in Church, ive talked to people about JESUS and PAUL, all over this world..

Here are a few of my teachers.. this is a partial list.

These are great men and great men of God, and for the most part, their doctrine is or was, very good.
Not always perfect, as sometimes some denominationalism came out of their mouth.....but not for the most part

Adrian Rogers
David Jeremiah
James Kennedy
Lloyd Ogilvie

I have a home in the USA and in Israel... So, i've been AROUND......Ive SEEN THINGS....
This is why my Posts and my Threads, are not guessing, and have POWER.
That's the anointing. And that is why what i write makes the carnal angry and makes the solid theology student, want me to post MORE.
I dont post OPINION or my BEST GUESS.

Im not some Theological NOOB.... who believes...>"well, we are all trying to figure it out".

No, im not..

See, I figured it out, because ive got the REVELATION.... and that is why there is power in my Threads and posts, that affects people.
Some YELL back, and some print them and study them, and use them for Sunday School, and Sermons, and for making Youtube Videos.
There's a Cult Nutbar (Episkops) on another Forum, and He went to my 300+ Threads, and took TITLES from them, and started making Videos, and also His Crazy Cross Rejecting Threads.
That's a fact, and that happens all the time, in various ways... because im REAL, and i know what im doing.

Last edited:
Reader,

its like this..

Since Jesus came out of the Tomb, BODILY, and not as "a spirit" as the LYING JW's Teach.... there are always doctrines, and devils, and the demonic.
And what Satan does, is counterfeit Truth and provide spirituality that seems "like Jesus". or seems "like Christianity".

Reader....The Devil does not come to you, as a red suited snake man, with a pitch fork.
In Fact, when dealing with Christians, he mainly comes as a person who talks "christianese" and teaches a blend, a hybrid type of... ONE THING..

A.) SALVATION

See, the DEVIL hates The Cross, and He hates the Grace of God... so, He always teaches SALVATiON as The Cross + Something..

The Cross + your self effort.
The Cross + your commandment keeping
The Cross + water baptism

Why?
Its because once you add to the Cross, you deny it.

See, if the Devil can keep you from real Salvation, then he has you, because you'll go to Hell when you die.
And if you are saved and he can destroy your understanding of The Cross, and regarding God's Grace, then he has you.
He's ruined your Christianity because he has changed your discipleship into something that is Theologically False.

So, how to you spot a real teacher.????
Here is how.
Notice what they TEACH, and how it either offends the Cross of Christ.... or their teaching gives all Credit Due to Christ on the Cross, where Eternal Salvation was purchased by the Blood and Death of Jesus, and proven by His Resurrection.

Now see how i just described that?
If you are born again, you FELT THAT......because that is the Holy Spirit, and when the HS that is in you, gets around teaching that gives all Credit for Salvation to Jesus, alone, then the Holy Spirit confirms this in you, as a sort of energetic, or inner connecting with the Teacher's words.
See, when TRUTH goes in your ear gate or eye gate, the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Truth, confirms it in you.
You come ALIVE....
You get a Quickening...

But here is the downside.
When you are deceived, and fallen from Grace, then the Devil's lies, can give your FLESH a FEELING< and you'll think that's God.

Here is how to HEAR the difference....

A.) A real Teacher, will not try to associate doing works and keeping commandments and water baptism, as if these, are somehow equal to the Cross of Christ. Or what is worse...they WILL proclaim their literal equivalency as being a part of God's Salvation, as if the CROSS Of Christ is only a part of God's plan of eternal redemption.

Now, notice what im getting you to understand? ???? See how im taking you away from SELF effort, and performance, and commandments and water baptism... when i talk to you about Salvation?
That is what you must learn to Hear, so that when you are listening to some Pastor or Pope or Minister, talk about salvation and eternal life... you have to hear when they do not go directly to the Cross of Christ, and stay there.

And that is how you DISCERN, = false Teachers and Preachers and Pope's and ministers, as false devil led people, who preach, and teach, and have churches, YET.....never do they have the Cross of Christ as their CORE Belief System regarding their SALVATION Theology.

Who does?

GOD.. and JESUS.. and PAUL.... and all of the ministers who are real.

If you read more carefully, you would not have to feel the need to post a rebuttal regarding what isn't stated.
See, after i posted my list, i posted that all of these in the list are Christians........tho not without exception.
But Generally, Believers are involved in a lack of understanding, regarding the Cross.

And as ive stated before, if you want to find out whose "Christianity".. is broken, just ask them..

"Can you lose your salvation".. ?

If they PROUDLY say """""YES", and let me now harp on my OSAS string for a while.., or similar..""""

= Then you've found what is potentially a born again believer, who has ZERO understanding of the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

For example, right now, im in a discussion with some cult member, fake believer, on another forum, who just told me that i dont teach the Believer's role in SALVATiON.
So, this person has confused, discipleship, vs... SALVATION.
They dont understand that God offers the GIFT of Salvation, and you have no ROLE in that..
And i can explain this until the Day becomes night to this person, and they will never understand it, because, they dont have a CLUE as to why Jesus died on the Cross.
And this type of person... You find them as MODs on Forums, as well as a good majority of the MEMBERSHIP.

Also, the "Gifts of the Spirit" are more then just Theology.. See, God is real, The Gifts are real, but its the application understanding, that is missing regarding people who would say that "well i speak in tongues", and they believe this is the "Gift of Tongues".
ITs not...
And that never ending confusion, is what you find in most "Charismatic and Pentecostal" denominations. and on most FORUMS.
I have a reallly good teaching on this, and maybe ive posted it here, previously.......If not, i might get it up and running, at some point.
See, I would never deny that someone has a "prayer language", that is for their "Edifying", .......but that is not the "GIFT of Tongues" that Peter was using in Acts 2, that is listed as the #9 GIFT on Paul's List of Spiritual Gifts.
Here we go again with the "Word games" -

To me a carnal Christian is one that trust in Christ for salvation but stop short of letting Christ be Lord of their lives. Lordship salvation is where it's at. I know that there are a lot of people that don't understand that but oh well.

When the New Testament uses the word carnal, it means we start out being purely carnal. When we are in the flesh, the Holy Spirit changes the disposition of our hearts. He doesn’t immediately annihilate the flesh; the carnal dimension still wages war with us. The flesh battles with the Spirit throughout the entire Christian life, and there are times when we are more or less carnal.

For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do. Galatians 5:17

There is no dispute about that. However, some use the term “carnal Christian” to describe a person who remains unchanged by the presence of the Holy Ghost. When the term is used this way, it does not describe a Christian but an unregenerate person.

Can a true Christian be carnal? In answering this question, let’s first define the term “carnal.” The word “carnal” is translated from the Greek word sarkikos, which literally means “fleshly.”

Can a true Christian be carnal? In answering this question, let’s first define the term “carnal.” The word “carnal” is translated from the Greek word sarkikos, which literally means “fleshly.”

I agree with your links understanding on the issue, that yes someone may commit an act of carnality and still be a Christians but

"......these outbreaks of carnality will be the exception, not the rule."

Back
Top Bottom