21 years on the internet, 44 years of life, and I still feel completely misunderstood.

Issues on the internet have caused me to think over my entire life. Searching for when things all began. I come to realization that I've probably always been misunderstood. But in real life, I always tried to play by the rules. Therefor it was rare that I got disciplined in school. But I didn't have any friends either. I never could fit in anywhere. Now that all my socializing is done online, I can't seem to find a website that I fit in with. I'm not implying that this is a bad site. I'm just saying that with all that I have lived through, it is hard to get me to put my trust in any place for very long.

Inspiration behind my writings comes from many different sources. Some big and some small. Often times something small happens, and it gets to thinking about other issues. Then I realize that the problem is a lot bigger then just that one small thing. Just a year or two ago, I was lonely looking for a place to talk other Christian people. I found a website called Christian Chat. But my experience there was nothing short of weird. It felt like a big waste of time. I would post something, and instead of people interacting with the heart of the issue, they would attack and discuss my paragraphs. Or leave unkind comments. Eventually I left for that reason.

Getting back to the misunderstanding thing... I thought choosing a user name like: SeekingChrist, made sense, because even after you choose to follow Jesus, you are now on a Christian journey. Always trying to learn more and more about Jesus, and trying to get closer and closer to Jesus. Growing up in your faith etc. But that is not how one person on Christian Chat thought about it. I was in the chatroom, trying to find someone to talk to. Then one guy, started witnessing me. Because He thought that due to my user name, meant that I was not saved yet. I felt frustrated, because this was not the kind of conversation I was interested in having. Really I couldn't figure out how to engage with it. At least guy cared enough to try and get me saved? I still would of preferred if He would of taken the time to get to know me first. After all I what I really wanted was connection.

When I joined Christianity Board, I decided to call myself AlwaysOnAJourney because I felt that it might do a better job relaying what what I meant by my SeekingChrist user name. I went looking for an avatar. Something that could symbolize being on a journey. I thought about books like the Lord of Rings, or even the Chronicles of Narnia. Where people would go on long journeys, which also included a journey of faith, and relationships. When you go on a journey like that, you need some supplies, like food, and some of other things. People put that stuff in a backpack. So I started looking for an avatar of someone hiking. I found a black and white avatar that could represent hiking. To me, that avatar looked like a person. It didn't scream to me male or female. It just was a a person going on a Journey. But as soon as people saw the avatar they started assuming that I am female! I had a really hard time trying to see how they got female out of the avatar. The only thing I could come up with is they were look at it's butt! Since I couldn't find a better avatar I tried to keep using it. Recently on here, I was called a dear sister. I had enough, so I deleted the avatar.

Official link to the avatar:

All of this is just a drop in the bucket. It is hard for me to know where to begin. So in order to get this post done. I'm going to give you couple more serious examples. And this does not cover enough.

Do you remember when myspace first came out? During that era I came across some Christian versions of that site. I started with a site called Xianz. I was on that site for a couple of years trying to meet people and make friends. At the end, I ended up getting banned from site. They held onto my profile and refused honor my request to take it down. Next I was on a site called JCfaith, in the beginning it helped me some, but by the end, I got into some trouble there, and decided I better leave before things got worse. Then there was a site called Shoutlife. I was there and left, and came back again. What happened to me there was really bad. So bad that I feel scared to even speak about it. But they banned me. Someone from Xianz acted like they were my friend, until out of the blue they told me that God told them not to talk to me anymore. I ran into that person again on shoutlife and things got even worse. For a short time, I had an online girlfriend from Xianz. She broke up with me, and eventually wrote a long slander blog about me on myspace. It stayed up for 4 years, and then she finally took it down. We lost touch. There was some other Christian sites I tried out, like HisHolySpace, Living In Black and White, Crossroads, and the Friendship Society. Things didn't work out on those sites either. Even Facebook banned me. Whenever I talk about what I got banned for, people look at me like they never heard of happening like that. I was trying to make friends, and Facebook started complaining about me adding people too quickly and sending out private messages too quickly. The posts people made there, caused me to feel depressed anyways. I wound up on a Social Anxiety Forum, ran by some atheists. For a while they were more accepting of me, but it quickly became boring and depressing. This caused me to go looking for other social anxiety sites. Where things didn't work out. I found myself going back to the first, until I got into trouble and left. Seemed like everyone I clicked with was leaving anyways. I don't know why I have these problems.... I try to follow the rules, and be nice to people. Yet crap just keeps happening to me. I feel burned out. I feel like things are bad enough that I don't feel like I can't fix things with myself. Therefor I'm posting this in the prayer section. I feel that the only one who can help me is God! I hope those of you who read this, can understand.

I feel like there is so many experiences in me that if I had the drive for it, it could create a book. Today I was thinking about this stuff, and thought maybe I should blog it. But I don't know where I could trust to blog that stuff.

We all feel misunderstood at times.

One way I try to be better understood is write short posts. Make 1 point per post.

Looking forward to get to know you better!

W

My response is for Wrangler and for everyone else to read:

Your suggestion works for simple problems that are not linked to other problems. My problem is my problems are all linked together. I can't fix one without fixing a bunch of them. For example, If someone tells me to see a therapist. I haft to respond by saying that I have trouble driving, and my parents are against that sort of thing. If the person suggests that I do it online, then I haft to tell them that my mom knows everything that I use my credit card for. If someone tells me to get an Uber or Taxi, or Bus, I haft to tell them, that firstly my parents are against Ubers, and I live in the country. If someone tells me to cut the cord with my parents, then I got to tell them that I have trouble learning things, and my parents help me with the things that I don't do well in life. Another response is, we live on a farm, and my parents need me to help them here. But things might change when we move. But that could be for a couple more years. That is why I have given up on starting posts about my problems. I don't think there is a simple solution for me. I can't fix all of that, all at once, but God can.

Just as an added bonus, I will add a little more detail into why I left "Christianity Board". When I was on Christian Chat, I saw what happened when people would swamp my posts with comments. I used to get so many comments, that I couldn't read them all. I tried printing them, but it was taking me too much time to copy and paste them into a word processor so that I could print them. Plus people would use the King James Version, so I also had trouble understanding the scriptures they were posting too. So when I joined "Christianity Board" I decided that my problems are too much of a hassle for discussions. So, Instead of making them into a discussion, I started posting them as prayer requests. My goal was to reduce the number of comments, and hopefully get more people praying.

"Christianity Board" Had a rule about prayer requests. That rule stated that people were not supposed to discuss prayer requests. But since, people persisted in discussing my prayer requests, the moderators began moving my prayer requests into the discussion area. This totally undid everything I was trying to accomplish. And I felt very disrespected. To make matters worse, the only friend I made on that website turned against me, because she was one of the moderators that made the decision to move my prayer requests. When I got upset over this, all the moderators and admins pointed the finger at me. Telling me that it was my fault for how I wrote my prayer requests, and that they invited discussions. That one moderator even used scripture out of context to back up her view. It was really used bad, she took just a couple words from part of a verse to make me feel bad.

Another odd thing that happened to me there: I used to post in a casual thread that simply asked everyone "how is your day going?" I would often report on what I did that day, and how I was feeling. Since I wasn't making any friends on that site, I started looking up some chatrooms. I wanted to find a chatroom that I could talk with people from my own State of Indiana. I found a Chatroom that advertised that it did that. You were supposed to be able to go into the Chatroom, and specify what State you are from, and other people did that too. That way you could meet people from your own state. I never told anyone on "Christianity Board" what chatroom I was trying out. But I did report the results. Someone in the thread told me, they no longer go to that chatroom, and all they need is Jesus. I found it very strange that they acted like they knew what chatroom I was using. I started wondering if they were tracking my IP address or using a Cookie in my web browser to track me. Or maybe even track other people. I tried to ask them if they were doing something like this, and they replied that they are laughing like donkey, and then they posted a bunch of King James Version Scripture at me. This turned into an argument between me and this other person. I started wondering if they were being a troll on a Christian site. I looked at their profile and noticed that they were an older member and a very well known member. All of this together, made me decided that I don't want to be apart of Christianity Board anymore. It was hard to get them to shut down my account!

Since this website is currently very small in active membership, I don't care if people want to discuss my prayer requests with me. I just don't want to be overwhelmed by so many comments that I can't respond to them all. Also I really hope that people will do a lot of praying. Because that is what I think I need the most!

Your suggestion works for simple problems that are not linked to other problems.
With all due respect, you are over thinking this, making it more complicated. The solution is to focus on one thing at a time all the way through.

Pray and think deeply about what your priorities are. For instance, maybe being not understood is God’s way of bringing you closer to Him? Something to consider.

Could you be OK with God’s plan for you?

With all due respect, you are over thinking this, making it more complicated. The solution is to focus on one thing at a time all the way through.

Pray and think deeply about what your priorities are. For instance, maybe being not understood is God’s way of bringing you closer to Him? Something to consider.

Could you be OK with God’s plan for you?

I don't know what God's plan is for me. I prayed and talked to him about it. I have been in the scriptures since 2007. My current conclusion is He wants me to trust him without knowing His plan for me.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about something. I don't think I want to participate in online activities anymore. I have been through a lot, and I'm not getting any younger or smarter. I don't know who should be blamed. The people I have interacted with, or me. Another sad thing is, my online life and my offline life are very similar. I think there is something wrong with my brain. I think that is part of the reason why things tend to go to pieces, when others succeed. I think from the outside, it appears that I intentionally say the wrong things. Or react in the wrong way. What frustrates me, is that on the inside, I'm trying to do the best I can. I am a failure. I think I am a true failure. What that means is, no matter how hard I try to do the right thing I will always fail. People say lean on the Lord. But I fail to do so in the same way I fail everything else. I just don't want to get into trouble anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want the loneliness to go away, and I want to feel good. I don't have any major points to make. Even writing this, might be the wrong thing to do. I try to be honest.

edited

We were not made to self-worship, it leaves us dissatisfied.

If you really knew all the things you should be thankful for, and that they were a gift you did not deserve—

You could not help but spend all day thanking and praising God.

Last edited by a moderator:
edited

We were not made to self-worship, it leaves us dissatisfied.

If you really knew all the things you should be thankful for, and that they were a gift you did not deserve—

You could not help but spend all day thanking and praising God.
You are judgmental lol And you are not in my shoes so can't understand! Which means you are now on ignore forever.

I've been thinking about something. I don't think I want to participate in online activities anymore. I have been through a lot, and I'm not getting any younger or smarter. I don't know who should be blamed. The people I have interacted with, or me. Another sad thing is, my online life and my offline life are very similar. I think there is something wrong with my brain. I think that is part of the reason why things tend to go to pieces, when others succeed. I think from the outside, it appears that I intentionally say the wrong things. Or react in the wrong way. What frustrates me, is that on the inside, I'm trying to do the best I can. I am a failure. I think I am a true failure. What that means is, no matter how hard I try to do the right thing I will always fail. People say lean on the Lord. But I fail to do so in the same way I fail everything else. I just don't want to get into trouble anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want the loneliness to go away, and I want to feel good. I don't have any major points to make. Even writing this, might be the wrong thing to do. I try to be honest.
You could keep this in mind if you were so inclined.

AlwaysOnAJourney Is more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus who strengthens him.​

I find devotional books help me a lot.​

Here are some good ones

Fear Not! Faith Devotions​

Fear is a venom and toxic to your body. Faith is the antivenom to fear. Just as light crushes darkness, so faith dispels fear. According to Romans, you’ve been given faith, “God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.” If you want to walk in your God-given destiny, you must cultivate it. Put your faith to work and watch it grow while your fears and anxieties dissipate.

We would like to thank Gary Hohweiler for providing this plan. For more information, please visit: https://FearNotDevotion.com

You could keep this in mind if you were so inclined.

AlwaysOnAJourney Is more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus who strengthens him.​

I find devotional books help me a lot.​

Here are some good ones

Fear Not! Faith Devotions​

Fear is a venom and toxic to your body. Faith is the antivenom to fear. Just as light crushes darkness, so faith dispels fear. According to Romans, you’ve been given faith, “God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.” If you want to walk in your God-given destiny, you must cultivate it. Put your faith to work and watch it grow while your fears and anxieties dissipate.

We would like to thank Gary Hohweiler for providing this plan. For more information, please visit: https://FearNotDevotion.com

I don't understand where people find the time and energy to do more then just read the Bible and Pray everyday. I don't think I have ever told anyone this before. But reading anything strains my eyes. Which is why I listen to my bible more then I read it.

I have prisms in my glasses to force my eyes to work together.

Anyways, thank you for your recommendation. This is just another reminder as to why I post in the prayer request section. I have problems that only God can solve.

I don't understand where people find the time and energy to do more then just read the Bible and Pray everyday. I don't think I have ever told anyone this before. But reading anything strains my eyes. Which is why I listen to my bible more then I read it.

I have prisms in my glasses to force my eyes to work together.

Anyways, thank you for your recommendation. This is just another reminder as to why I post in the prayer request section. I have problems that only God can solve.
Exactly only God can solve them but he does put us here to help each other. We are his hand and feet. A lot of good self-help books are available in Christian audio. Also on Audible through Amazon.

You can't go wrong with reading the Bible and praying. I have audio Bibles that reads it to you plus shows you the words. That way if I want to stop and Ponder a verse it's easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom