Where do I begin?

Parker

What does the Bible teach us about heaven? The Bible is our only authoritative source of information on what lies beyond the grave and fortunately the Bible has a lot to say on the subject. If you begin with the first verse of Genesis and go to the end of Revelation, you'll find more than 600 references to the word heaven and many more passages describe our eternal home using other terms and titles. So, the Bible gives us "Insider Information" about God's glorious habitation and the eternal home of His children.

I think that heaven is the most encouraging subject in the Bible right after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. But one thing for sure it's the happiest location in the universe and we should want to know all about it. If we make the effort to do this and become well-grounded in this subject we will be ahead of the pack because, the Biblical teaching about heaven is widely overlooked understudied, and misunderstood. Mostly, it's only talked about during funeral services. But we need to think about heaven now. while we're still alive on earth. The reality of heaven doesn't just help us die more peacefully. it helps us live more joyfully and productively. C.S. Lewis said, "If you read history, you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most about the next."

The heroes of scripture thought of heaven constantly confessing. they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth, Seeking a Homeland Desiring a better country.... a Heavenly one.. and looking forward to the city with foundations "Whose Builder and maker is God" Hebrews 11:10 -16. I can only imagine how marvelous that city will be.

Jesus, Also longed for heaven, as he approached the end of His earthly life, telling His disciples, "If you loved me, you would Rejoice because I said, "I am going to the father" John 14:28

The Apostle Peter. said something so important... notice the words in bold below, they reveal the attitude we should have about heaven:

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 2 Peter 3:11-14

What God has for us in the future:, the return of Christ, the creation of a new heaven and a new earth. And our eternal home in heaven Looking forward to that, will empower us to live holy, godly, purposeful lives.

But what we're really looking forward to is dwelling in the house of the Lord forever and ever and the really big bonus is we will see Him face to face. That's what's really up with heaven!

I posted this in our original forum. https://berean-apologetics.boards.net/post/6250/thread

the reason we left our Home is because of adam and the satanic realm...

this current earth truly is a foreign land....
a prison

the reason we left our Home is because of adam and the satanic realm...

this current earth truly is a foreign land....
a prison
yes I can't wait until we are with our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ. Until then I will shares the gospel and Gods love with those I know who are lost. We have the message of hope for this lost and dying world that so desperately is looking for love and purpose in all the wrong places trying to fill thar=t void with everything and anything besides Christ.

What does the Bible teach us about heaven? The Bible is our only authoritative source of information on what lies beyond the grave and fortunately the Bible has a lot to say on the subject. If you begin with the first verse of Genesis and go to the end of Revelation, you'll find more than 600 references to the word heaven and many more passages describe our eternal home using other terms and titles. So, the Bible gives us "Insider Information" about God's glorious habitation and the eternal home of His children.

I think that heaven is the most encouraging subject in the Bible right after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. But one thing for sure it's the happiest location in the universe and we should want to know all about it. If we make the effort to do this and become well-grounded in this subject we will be ahead of the pack because, the Biblical teaching about heaven is widely overlooked understudied, and misunderstood. Mostly, it's only talked about during funeral services. But we need to think about heaven now. while we're still alive on earth. The reality of heaven doesn't just help us die more peacefully. it helps us live more joyfully and productively. C.S. Lewis said, "If you read history, you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most about the next."

The heroes of scripture thought of heaven constantly confessing. they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth, Seeking a Homeland Desiring a better country.... a Heavenly one.. and looking forward to the city with foundations "Whose Builder and maker is God" Hebrews 11:10 -16. I can only imagine how marvelous that city will be.

Jesus, Also longed for heaven, as he approached the end of His earthly life, telling His disciples, "If you loved me, you would Rejoice because I said, "I am going to the father" John 14:28

The Apostle Peter. said something so important... notice the words in bold below, they reveal the attitude we should have about heaven:

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 2 Peter 3:11-14

What God has for us in the future:, the return of Christ, the creation of a new heaven and a new earth. And our eternal home in heaven Looking forward to that, will empower us to live holy, godly, purposeful lives.

But what we're really looking forward to is dwelling in the house of the Lord forever and ever and the really big bonus is we will see Him face to face. That's what's really up with heaven!

I posted this in our original forum. https://berean-apologetics.boards.net/post/6250/thread
I can remember four things that the Bible says about heaven. It isn't the whole story, but it covers a lot
1. God dwells in inapproachable light - Heaven is light
2. Jesus went to make a place for us - something was added/changed in heaven to accomodate believers
3. We get new bodies in Heaven - it is different there and earthly bodies are not fit for heaven
4. In Revelation, when we come out of heaven wearing brides clothes, the metaphorical picture of us is spectacular and nothing like our old body

yes I can't wait until we are with our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ. Until then I will shares the gospel and Gods love with those I know who are lost. We have the message of hope for this lost and dying world that so desperately is looking for love and purpose in all the wrong places trying to fill thar=t void with everything and anything besides Christ.
thanks for the Greeting brother

I can remember four things that the Bible says about heaven. It isn't the whole story, but it covers a lot
1. God dwells in inapproachable light - Heaven is light
2. Jesus went to make a place for us - something was added/changed in heaven to accomodate believers
3. We get new bodies in Heaven - it is different there and earthly bodies are not fit for heaven
4. In Revelation, when we come out of heaven wearing brides clothes, the metaphorical picture of us is spectacular and nothing like our old body
I would say, in amending, Jesus came to restore the place of us

I'm in the process of learning to think on heavenly things... as Paul told the Colossians in Col. 3:1-4.

I say process of learning to because of the teachers out there who state- don't be so heavenly minded that you're no earthly good,
(False teaching). And those who say- don't be so earthly minded that you're no heavenly good.

The more I read the Bible, the more I find that we really are to be heavenly minded.

I like Titus' letter.....

Tit 2:11-15 WEB 11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we would live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age; 13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for himself a people for his own possession, zealous for good works. 15 Say these things and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one despise you.

By the looks of it, we're to be excited about the return of Jesus....
šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤­

Really excited....

Back
Top Bottom